UK Prosecution Refusal to Charge Killers of Brazilian Angers Dead's Family

Jean Charles Menezes's case Following British prosecutors refusal to bring charges over the death of Brazilian citizen Jean Charles de Menezes, who was killed by the London police,  Menezes's  family dropped their legal battle for justice. They said almost four years of relentless campaigning brought them little closer to holding any individual to account for the innocent Brazilian's death.

Director of Public Prosecutions Keir Starmer QC approved a decision not to prosecute any police officers over the shooting. Menezes' cousin Vivian Figueiredo said the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) move was "deeply upsetting."

She said the family will turn their energy to lobbying Parliament on the laws surrounding police accountability.

Ms Figueiredo observed: "We are all in shock and simply cannot understand how the deliberate killing of an innocent man and an attempt by the Metropolitan police to cover it up does not result in a criminal offense.

"We condemn the CPS decision and reject the logic of their argument. The inquest put the truth out there for all the public to see, but the authorities want us to forget the truth to stop us getting justice. But we will never forget."

Prosecutors conducted an extensive review of the evidence presented at the three-month inquest into his death last year. But they found insufficient evidence to pursue the officers who pulled the trigger or those who oversaw the operation for manslaughter or gross negligence.

Menezes was shot dead by two marksmen after boarding a train at Stockwell Tube Station on July 22, 2005, after he was mistaken for suicide bomber Hussain Osman. The incident happened a few days after the terrorist bombing of London.

An inquest jury returned an open verdict last December after hearing three months of evidence. Coroner Sir Michael Wright was criticized in December for ruling out unlawful killing as a possible verdict

0 #48 How quickly the topic changesLC 2009-06-27 15:41
Wow, this was an interesting read. I just watched the Jean Charles film and was really shocked at the whole story. Believe or not this was the first time I have heard of this incedent. I'm writting to first off even though after many years have passed, the loss and tragedy cannot be reversed. All in this page have no heart as all seemed to think about their views and racist opinions. People take a minute to think if that was one close to you? How would you react? How would you feel? I bet very hurt and wanting answers from whom ever. I don't think the problem with Jean Charles case is any different from any millions of deaths that occur every second in the world. However the police according to the facts did not ask before taking a life of a inocent MAN!!! We are in a society that unfortunately is heading in that direction... TOTAL CHAOS. I'm not here to talk about my work, my opinions or even contribute to alot of un thouched hearts. All i have to say is that I hope that if we take a monet to reflect and think that LIFE is a one time show we would live in a more desireable place.

Jean Charles

I wish the best of luck to this family that must have gone through a really tough time.
0 #47 brazilians out of Portugal NOWxyz 2009-05-23 21:37
Brazilians are stupid people, really morons and an uggly race. They are perverts all of them prostitutes thieves parasites.
They should be put to sleep. Stay in your country retards.
0 #46 Change of topicAnderson 2009-02-19 08:50
The two countries should stop covering up details.

On both cases, the case of the death of the young man, and the woman who is said to have been abused

the end
0 #45 Following the guidelinesfalupa 2009-02-19 05:57
This is great... Why is everyone arguing? This has been a big deal for quite some time. I hope that they are able to pull together some stronger tries in the future. I agree this would anger me. There is always confusion about something like this. There is also always danger when traveling abroad.
0 #44 GeneralizationsThe cure for Ch C 2009-02-17 19:34
The point is not that Switzerland is not that the Swiss Government or Swiss people are all shit...that is using the same moronic logic that the Swiss Jackass uses.

But yeah, maybe he and the rest can see that it is easy to find a bunch of negative stuff about any country and then label all its citizens accordingly.

I think the CH C Resistance has proven our point ;-)
0 #43 It Seems....... 2009-02-17 17:07
that the Chronicle Herpes Carrier (CHC) dearest, is as welcome here as a condom machine in the Vatican!

Hehehe... Heil Herpie!

0 #42 The cure for Ch.c and AndersonJoao2 2009-02-17 14:57
Read these articles.. they are more cultural and really show what's underneath the skin of swiss people and their shit government:

Racist Swiss town bows to citizenship pressure

'Racist' party secures record Swiss vote

An official report into the process of naturalisation in Switzerland says the current system is discriminatory and in many respects racist.

Black sheep’ cartoon ignites bitter row on racism before Swiss election.

Swiss voters go to the polls on Sunday after a general election campaign marred by riots and accusations of racism.

Come on you jerk Ch.c bring it on! Your government is shit, immoral and racists just like the swiss people who support them and that includes you idiot
0 #41 BlindThe cure for Ch C 2009-02-17 14:21
CH C is blind...never critisize another country unless your own is perfect...which is impossible. I'm just glad the majority of people here now are commenting on what a racist idiot he is...seemed like I was the only one for a while.

Here is some enjoyable reading about what others think of Switzerland...plenty of people hate it just as the Swiss Jackass hates Brazil

Also, if he was so happy in his perfect little country, why would he spend so much time on a website bashing Brazil day after day.

He may not know it but somebody commenting as he does must be pretty miserable.
0 #40 AndersonJoao2 2009-02-17 11:47
Why wait if you can undermine Switzerland now ? ;-) ;-) ;-)

Just go to google and put down on the search there the words: Switzerland or Swiss, racist or racism, SVP or citizenship and read the articles that come up there... You will see how racist swiss people and their shit government can be...
0 #39 I guess you are rightAnderson 2009-02-17 10:52
Lets just hope Brazil gets rich (may take long), and prosperous.

When we are the ones with the power maybe we can go on (is that the site?) and we can say many undermining things to the Swiss people

Thanks CHC for making this site entertaining!! ;-)

Add comment

Security code

Who's Online

We have 3378 guests and no members online

Articles View Hits

Option Accounts

Football Shirts

Brokers list for binary options

Make money with binary options

Only useful paper writing tips Doing homework assignments isn't hard, all you need is our advices and help