----------

Search

Custom Search
Members : 23406
Content : 3860
Content View Hits : 35485343

Who's Online

We have 687 guests online

Can't We All Get Along in Brazil? Otherwise We Will All Sink Together PDF Print E-mail
2013 - September 2013
Written by Fernando Henrique Cardoso   
Tuesday, 03 September 2013 15:34

Fernando Henrique CardosoIt does not take a lot of imagination, and you won't need to get into details, in order to realize that we are experiencing a difficult phase in Brazil. Let's start, however, by the international situation.

The events open increasing spaces for the emergence of important regional influences. Even the mess in the Middle East, from which the United States come out with less and less influence in the region, increases the Gulf monarchies' capacity for action.

They have money and want to preserve their authoritarianism, the same going for Iran, which makes a counterpoint. The struggle between Wahhabis, Shias and Sunnis is behind almost everything. And Turkey, on the other hand, finds gaps to dispute hegemonies.

Meanwhile, we keep losing spaces of influence in South America. Our diplomacy, paralyzed by the undeniable fondness of the "Lulopetismo" for the "Bolivarianism," zigzags and stumbles. Now we give in to illegitimate pressures such as the recent one from Bolivia, which wouldn't give a safe passage to someone who asked asylum in our embassy.

Sometimes we are the ones putting undue pressure, as in the case of Paraguay's withdrawal from Mercosur and Venezuela's entry. At the same time, we pretend not to see that the "Pacific Rim" is a counterweight to the Brazilian inaction. Diplomacy and government without a clear will for regional power, stunned officials and fiascos everywhere - this is the balance.

What about the energy issue? The plants expansion is delayed and there's no real support from the private sector, except for building them. Electricity companies are broken, thanks to regulations, which even when necessary are done haphazardly and without looking at the long-term interests of investors and consumers.

Petrobras, now in the hands of someone more competent, has very little credit available to invest and has little money due to the low price of gasoline. What was loudly proclaimed by president Lula, the self-sufficiency in oil, vanished with the increase in the deficit of gasoline imports. Now, with the American revolution of the shale gas, who knows where it will stop the equilibrium price of oil to be extracted from the pre-salt?

As for the issue of infrastructure, after a decade of delay in the submission of tenders for roads and airports, besides some botched attempts, the government became inventive: now privatizations are made, disguised under the name of concessions, with the government offering cheap credit to interested private companies. Money, it should be said, from the National Bank of Economic and Social Development (BNDES) - with interest subsidized by the taxpayer - and, moreover, the government offers to use private banks for the undertaking.

Who knows what kind of benefits they have to be offered in order to get into the PAC's (Growth Acceleration Program) rhythm, ie, slow and poorly done. These are all unheard of: concessions receiving pecuniary benefits yielding nothing to the government, like the railroads whose builders received cash allowances per mile built. There is only a place where this could happen: Gabriel García Márquez's surrealist Macondo. I hope that, here, the solitude of executive disability and financial mismanagement will not last one hundred years...

If we turn to macroeconomic management, the back and forth is no different. The industry, they used to say, does not export because the exchange rate is unfavorable. Now we had a megadevaluation of over 25%. If we don't do anything to reduce the structural weaknesses and inefficiencies of the Brazilian economy, and if the government does not have the courage to prevent that the devaluation become inflation, the new level of the nominal exchange rate will be of little help to the industry.

Before, the pro-government crowd used to boast about low interest ("Ah, these tucanos - toucans, PSDB party politicians - always hand in hand with high interest rates!" They used to say). Suddenly, it's the PT (Workers Party) administration that leads the new onslaught of interest. And they won't learn that it is not the will of the ruler that dictates the rules on interest, but many conflicting wills battling it out in the market. They can't look at their own navel.

I'm tired of writing about these and other evils. Every day the media reminds us of the deficiencies in providing services in the areas of education, health and safety. Let's not even talk about the follies about political party's life. Just look at the last one, keeping a congressman in the House who has been sentenced by the Supreme and is already in jail!

Nevertheless, given the extent of the breakdowns, it seems inevitable to recognize that the central issue is leadership. I say this not to accuse a person (it's always easier to blame the president or the government) or any party specifically, although it is possible to identify responsibilities.

It is fair to recognize, however, that the mismatch, the knocking of heads within and between the parties, leads more to uproar than to the creation of paths. This brings a naive question: can't you utter a collective mea culpa while keeping our political and even ideological differences, realizing that when the ship sinks we all go down together, government and opposition, employers and employees, those who are at the helm and those who are at the stern?

It  takes greatness to put people's and the country's long-term interests above the disagreements and to agree on some reforms (a few, not many, just partial, not global) capable of creating a better horizon, starting with the one dealing with parties and election since the ukase presidential failed in this matter, as expected.

If those who lead the government have neither vision nor the necessary strength to talk to and in the name of the country, at least the opposition starting now should cease the infighting and bridge the differences between parties. Only thus, forming a reliable block with a strategic vision and able to follow practical paths, we will build a more prosperous, decent and equitable society.

Fernando Henrique Cardoso was the president of Brazil from January 1, 1995 to December 31, 2002. This article appeared in O Estado de S. Paulo.

Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
Reddit! Del.icio.us! Mixx! Free and Open Source Software News Google! Live! Facebook! StumbleUpon! TwitThis Joomla Free PHP
Comments (170)Add Comment
Ricardo Amaral
written by João da Silva, September 05, 2013

Hi Ricardo,

Awaiting your comment on this article.
written by asp, September 07, 2013
joao, the other thread is too long, i will post here for now

hope no one dies today...what a drag to see caetano dressed up as a "black blocker"....these people are being made into celebrities now...the more i read of them the more disenchanted i become, what with their marxist anarchist rantings...and paying people to cause violence

i guess some of these pampered university students have to find their dna hook up with the brazilian student uprisings of the past..

what makes this tripley hilarious and strange is, they are coming out , confronting police, vandalising banks in the name of anti capatalism, and screaming marxist phrases, like "burgoisie" (what the fuk, using burgoisie from the communist manifest today in 2013? what idiocy), but the administration in power is seriously ideologicly left...i mean no one is protesting an oposing position to the administration, they only drag out their tired moldy leftist phrases...and then break stuff...i mean where do you go left after the fuking pt?
the real sad part is, some protests that really do need support , are getting lost in the shuffle

people with no water in recife deserve to have huge support for their protest, as do the people where i live without water, and the merendairas protesting for a decent wage where we are certainly deserve all our support. or the case of people being hauled in by police and then ending up dead...i mean this is much more relevant than "passa livre"...

there sure is stuff to be protested, but not to get bus fares to be free , and , to break cash machines normal people need to get through the day, and, scream marxist bulls**t...really fuk that sh!t
no one dead yet...

i mean , they caught two protesters from chile traveling with a group, with weapons , explosives and black masks , in porto allegre...oh, ok, its come to that now, mother fukers from another country, with a bulls**t ideology, are just going to come here and pull that bulls**t...hey, fuk that, im going to dress in a black mask and do some damage to the new supermarket they built that is replacing the supermarket in walking distance from me..that way the old location will stay longer...at least i have a valid reason for doing some damage

i mean what the fuk, the head of the commitee for the olympics in brazil, is a fuking communist party member, and these black block bitches are screaming communist phrases in protest?...i mean that sh!t gets absolutly hilarious...these mother fuking pampered middle class studentd dont even grasp the reality, their butts are high in the sky on some ideological fantacy, while the pt and communist party are the ones in charge of the copa and olympics...can you nget any more dumb than that?

it boggles..its f**king hilarious...these motha fuggas got sh!t for brains
written by asp, September 08, 2013
would somebody please answer the queation of , when the pt is the administration in power and the head of the olympic commitee is from the communist party, how can these black blockers, white university students, go ranting against capatalism and scream marxist phrases?

i mean what in the holy fuk is that ? talk about having their heads in the sky but cant see the dog s**t on the ground....

THE FUKING PT IS THE PARTY IN POWER, THE COMMUNIST PARTY HAS REPRESENTATIVES IN CHARGE OF THIS COPA AND OLYMPIC s**t,BUT NO MUTHA FUGGAH IS PROTESTING AGAINST THEM...THEY PROTEST AGAINST CAPATALISM...AND SCREAM MARXIST PHRASES...PATHETIC

oh, but everyone now sympathises with the black bloc...oh yeah, Caetano dresses as one, Marrisa Monte , Rita Lee are in support...the papers start romanticising them even as they prove the dikheads are paying people to participate
asp
written by João da Silva, September 08, 2013

Interesting posts, ASP!

oh, but everyone now sympathises with the black bloc...oh yeah, Caetano dresses as one, Marrisa Monte , Rita Lee are in support...the papers start romanticising them even as they prove the dikheads are paying people to participate

I get a strange feeling that the "movement" has been hijacked by the left.smilies/sad.gif Yesterday in our city, though 3500 protestors had promised to come, just 40 turned up.smilies/cheesy.gif

strange feeling?
written by Simpleton, September 08, 2013
No jaoooo, they didn't just not show up, they took their stipend and went to get some cheap blow from FARC bros incorporated.
written by asp, September 09, 2013
well, hardy hardy haha , simps...you got jokes

i tell you , joao, watching the selection play is a wonderful thing...god they are looking good with filipao...

why would some political agendises idiots try to make the real hard working average brazilian feel funny for sitting back after his hard work and enjoy seeing the selection? what a stupid issue to foster on the brazilian people, to feel constrained by the copa and the olympics...i know how the leader think" oh we can get more publicity if we protest the copa..."

i mean they should be at the houses of the exact people who ripped the money off...but not disrupt the games...

the copa should be a source of pride and watching the selection play is wonderful, why fuk with that?

but fuk it, like gil said, there will be a copa and there will be protests...they just will exist together
asp
written by João da Silva, September 09, 2013

but fuk it, like gil said, there will be a copa and there will be protests...they just will exist together

So Gil said it, eh?smilies/smiley.gif That is all the more reason for my hypothesis that the "Left" has hijacked the movement. But...but...but... my compliments to you for bringing up this issue under the article written by FHC (A Neo-Con).smilies/grin.gif

I have been reading some American news sites about the Syrian issue. A large majority of the American commentators seem to be disillusioned with your politicians (of both parties). The Brasilans & Yanks have at least something in common.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif

Its already spring weather, isn't it?
written by asp, September 09, 2013
yeah, jaoo, ive seen some sprinkles of female pulchritude coming near the cabana...but you know september...its going to flash a couple of glorious days and then go all winter on us again...

man, i dont have an opinion on syria now...im not for it..but i also know there are things going on behind the scenes i dont know about...im going to see how this unfolds...but im not overjoyed with the spying on rouseff and readyness to go bomn without really understanding the consequences, but, i wouldnt trust my judgement in office about it...
Stand Up, ...One Brazil
written by Lloyd Cata, September 11, 2013
When you know, http://goo.gl/tKcvBi ,how things got the way they are; you will understand what needs to be done(...?)

There is always the opportunity to repeat the past, but consider the consequences of the "Failure to Perform"(?...)

Democracy is messy, unstable, and expensive(...!) Unless prepared to pay the price, others will decide your fate. Egypt is now being "reprogrammed" to accept tyranny(again!) Brazil is not Egypt, or Chile, but unless you decide for yourself, others will gladly decide for you, ...and it generally is not pretty; the "Profits of Chaos" seldom are(.)
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, September 11, 2013

Ok L.C. Glad you came in. Agree Democracy is messy (at times it sucks). Copying and re-posting my comment from the "other thread" (really a reply to Simp,ASP & your humble self, though you don't belong to the peasant class such as my humble self!)

Great comments, Simp.

What they would and could be shown, none of us nor the ruskies nor any other party(icipants) will ever see but that's where and how I trust those elected to get their real story from and vote for my best interests accordingly

Elected officials voting for the best interests of those who elected them? It should be the case not only in your country but here too. It is interesting that one of the very few states in Brasil where the voters demand more action from their elected and selected officials is ours. Probably because of the higher literacy rate.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif

Regardless, the ordinary Yanks did a great job by sending their "NO" message to their elected officials and the POTUS, without the "intellectuals" like Jane Fonda, Michael Moore, etc; leading the charge.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

Cheers.
FHC, a Neo-Con
written by Lloyd Cata, September 12, 2013
Well, since our esteemed moderator knows so much more about such a personage as FHC than I will ever know, it is with some confusion that the 'statements' of this Neo-Con FHC appear to contradict his 'historic rhetoric'. I will not go into detail at this time, but if 'memory' serves me right, there are 2 areas that FHC has somewhat changed his perspective, if not his positions.

First is Mercosul, and second is Capitalist Formation(true egalitarian equality)...(?) Perhaps there has been some revelation to the ex-president that there is a place for "Market Economic Theory", with "Structured Capitalist Methods", but that place does not dictate the policies of government with respect to its citizens. There can be no higher authority or priority other than the will and the prosperity of 'every Brasilierio', which in the final analysis does not require the authority or exceptionalism of others. Brazil is blessed by many natural and cultural gifts.

Imperialism and Capitalism cannot be designated as exceptional models; as both have been tried and failed on many occasions(1929/2009). That many people, including the esteemed FHC, should come to this recognition can only be 'positive' for Brazil and the world.

Bravo!!!
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, September 12, 2013

Imperialism and Capitalism cannot be designated as exceptional models; as both have been tried and failed on many occasions(1929/2009). That many people, including the esteemed FHC, should come to this recognition can only be 'positive' for Brazil and the world.

Illiterate and ill informed peasants like you,ASP, Simpleton,me,etc; may refuse to "designate Imperialism & Capitalism as exceptional models". But....but...but... Sorbonne educated scholars and the "union organizers" (though they are at loggerheads with each other) don't agree with your point of view. smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif

Cheers. Will write more on this issue later.

P.S: I wonder how much NYT charged the Ruskie govt to publish Putin's Op-Ed stuff. Vlad even sounded like an "elderly statesman".smilies/cool.gif
Russian Gangsterism -v- GlobalPoliceAgenda
written by Lloyd Cata, September 13, 2013
Putin is clearly putting it out there, because if Assad can be so easily 'setup' and 'criminalized' and run over by the RedLineExpress, there will come a time when Pharoah will knock on your door(?) Being the biggest gangster doesn't guarantee immunity(!) Nothing does, across the planet...

The world 'expects' the USA to jump to the rescue(...and I still see Haiti), but do you call the guy who has done nothing but Profit from the last(unfinshed) wars, leaving disaster //Afghanistan, Iraq/Libya/Egypt, to 'finally' clean up the mess? Mr. Obama may not be "The Butler", b-b-but "The Janitor" after trying to 'restore' the Legacy of Roosevelt, Churchill, and Stalin.

Noone wants to give the American people and the World the Truth(?) The Emperor has no clothes, no money, and continues to behave like the most innocent generous entity on the planet(...!) What absolute ignorance is that? ?...and so Putin called Obama out on his "exceptionalism", because if your always shooting up the joint, well(...?)

Remember, AFRICOM is Evil, and you already know how CIA/Southern Command will destabilize and restore American 'values'? Watch your wallet, because your head will follow(?...)
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, September 13, 2013

Russian Gangsterism -v- GlobalPoliceAgenda

Continue Dr.L.C., please. Hopefully eminent fellow bloggers Simpleton and ASP join us.

What amazes me is the till last Sunday, we were on the brink of WWW3. Thanks to the Ruskie leader and the American public, we can now breathe a sigh of relief.smilies/cheesy.gif

BTW, João Ninguém in Brasi was least worried, because he didn't know who Assad is nor believed the "Turcos" are threat to our national security.smilies/wink.gif
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, September 14, 2013

Mr. Obama may not be "The Butler", b-b-but "The Janitor" after trying to 'restore' the Legacy of Roosevelt, Churchill, and Stalin.

Dr.L.C. This is a loaded statement.So your POTUS is a Trinity (R,C & S)?? Pray explain.smilies/shocked.gif
written by asp, September 14, 2013
well, looks like there is a diplomatic solution in the works...where i was skepticle of just bombing away, that was some dirty s**t by assad...

its funny , the people who nwill scream absolute bloody murder at obama's drone strikes dont even utter one fuking peep about the children killed by assad's poison gas...not one fuking thing

they can only raise their voices to a banshee leval if america is associated in any way...if america got involved in any way in syria right now, you can absolutly beleive these sob's would blame every death in syria up to now on america

that is exactly how these b!tches work...which is why i think they are full of sh!t...

people just love to examin america's hemmoroids close up instead of looking at their own and others...i just ignore these people as not being able to look at the real truth

dam , nice day today, joao, with a small chill in the air, but the booty is rolling at the cabana today...then rain next week...but , ill be away on business in rio de janeiro...thank god...its been busy this year...im getting around...my destination for business is larangeiras , where there have been protests...lets see if i get caught in a protest like two other cities ive been to this year
gees , joao, dont you and your buddies go out to the beach and look at poon tang? my god, without that, life gets really slow here...that is everything...being able to look at beautiful women in fio dental , at a public beach..that is THE CURE FOR DEPRESSION!!!!!!!!!! and everything else that ails you ...now that is something i would fight and die for...the right to look at bootie

and, the sob's are fuking with the beach clubs, they want to close th cabana...you know, these beach clubs totaly made this barrio...totaly...its because of them it is on the map now...and they could price gouge all the cheaply made apartments ...what bulls**t
you know, the f**king assotiation of moradors is behind the s**t...mother fukers are getting asaulted in their homes with guns to their hesds, i know of a couple of cases personaly , dogs fuking bark all night, and these mother fukers want to close the best thing in the barrio, and they site prostitution...what crap...there are no , absolutly no soliciting prostitutes in the barrio...if some elites hire some to come out, that is one thing, but , prostitutes absolutly dont solicit in this barrio
mil(itary/lionario) industial complex
written by Simpleton, September 14, 2013
As it has been decades, I guess it's understandable that my (and everyone else's) memory is a tab bit faded. I hope one of our ME scholars can explain for us the history of US-Soviet "race" wars in Syria (i.e. who was going to get them the military goods they wanted post WWII). We know who won. The grand nephew of the Shah that worked under me a long time ago had stuff to say about things like that. Is Putin really as ignoble as he tries to portray or is he merely trying to avoid having another finger (which nobody wants) cut off?

Ahmadinejad danced in the Mullah's courts but what will Rouhani do?
asp

Frankly speaking, Assad is no threat to the good ole U.S. of A nor Brasil. Nor is an arsehole. He did his medicine and was a licensed Ophthalmologist in the U.K. He is married to a British citizen and probably holds the citizenship of the U.K. He was forced by his family to go back to Syria to assume command of his country after his dad's death.

In the event he is forced out of power, Brasil could easily bring him over in the program "Mais Medicos", ask him to practice medicine in your bairro, provided he a) accepts to treat you & your family free of cost b) get rid of the rascal neighbors of yours with the help of his "bodyguards" & his cousin Putin.

I see that our eminent Wisconsinite Dr.Simp has made some interesting comment about MIC. Very similar to that commie Dr.L.C. Shall mull over the comments of all you Gringos and come out with some counter comments.

In the meantime burn your popo while the sun shines.smilies/wink.gif

Cheers
Simpleton

The grand nephew of the Shah that worked under me a long time ago had stuff to say about things like that.

I always knew you were an important "Caudilho" Simp. To make the grand nephew of the Shah Reza Pallavi work under you? Hope he worked well and learned some good things under your command.

I have met some (secular) Eyeranians also ( a long time ago). They claimed they were Persians first and Mohammedans next.Interesting fellas.

MIC? What about Pharma complex?
Medicine Man?
written by Simpleton, September 15, 2013
No joao, I didn't know that about Assad but it's clear no one's eyesight was improved by that last batch he mixed up from the condiments the U.K.ians sold them long ago at an exorbitant price.

Ya, know what ya mean about Persians, haven't met one I didn't like. That Mohammad kid was a real joker though, rather flippant. He got lucky that I did in fact like him when the boss told me (about a year after his being under my tutelage) that I had the option of letting him go because they had discovered "irregularities" in what he reported for his previous work history in the great Spuds state.
written by asp, September 15, 2013
ah well, joao, che was a doctor too, wasnt he? what? did you have lunch with his uncle , too

i dont think his minority su uni rule over majority shi ites is working in that part of the world

and , where i dont want the usa bombing , it is very good the international community is standing up to his use of poison

the international community and the usa dont go after every mass slaughter in the world, so, its good to see everyone trying to come together on curbing poisoning people and the slaughter that is going on there right now...i dont trust the opisition either, and it is a real mess,,,and serious mistakes could be made...but your defence of assad suks
written by João da Silva, September 15, 2013
Simpleton/ASP et all

No joao, I didn't know that about Assad but it's clear no one's eyesight was improved by that last batch he mixed up from the condiments the U.K.ians sold them long ago at an exorbitant price.

First of all, we don't have proof that the "eye drops" were used by Dr.Assad. Could have fallen into the hands of FSA who used them to involve the Yanks into their conflict (internal rife).BTW, I didn't know that the Limeys were the ones that sold the condiments to Bashar. smilies/shocked.gif I'd rather wait until the U.N. inspectors submit their report as to who did this horrendous thing.

But...but...but... IMHO, PBO did a splendid thing passing the buck to your lawmakers to decide. Who knows, he and Vlad worked together secretly. As I keep on saying the elected reps are their to assist the Chief of the state in making decisions and not go on vacation at a crucial time.

Ya, know what ya mean about Persians, haven't met one I didn't like.

Ha,ha, Simp. Here is an opportunity for displaying your diplomatic skill. May be you could become Henry Kissinger II, by mediating "secret" talks between the new Eyeranian govt and yours at ASP´s cabana (instead of Geneve) in Brasil. The objective is to reestablish diplomatic relationship with Eyeran.

ah well, joao, che was a doctor too, wasnt he? what? did you have lunch with his uncle , too

I aint too sure ,ASP. There are so many Turco Brasilians I know, probably I had lunch with Assad's uncle (without asking for his ID)smilies/smiley.gif

i dont think his minority su uni rule over majority shi ites is working in that part of the world

May I remind you that the rich Sunni "rulers" are neither from Egypt, Eyran or Syria, though they are the minority in Eyeran & Syria?

In fact Ederson and his able assistant Limpopo have written extensively about the situation in that part of the world. If I recall our commie buddy esteemed Dr.L.C. seemed to have chimed in adding his own spice. smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

Cheers
Pheasantry
Joao, what you are really saying is that the UN has to say who lit off the chemical release in an area that the UN concludes was not a regime controlled area being shelled from an area the UN concludes was a regime controlled area before you will retract your "we don't have proof" conspiracy theory. And of course the UN will have to show the whole world exactly what their spy sat and other sophisticated data collection capabilities are to the n'th detail before anyone could believe them. And of course their brief but delayed visit to the area (which had to be extensively shelled for something like another four days) coupled with their extraordinary forensic skills examining the massive amounts of trace data they were able to collect before leaving the country a day earlier than anticipated will shine a light on the trigger man. I okay with all that that you, Assad and the Ruskies would have us believe if the UN comes back and agrees with Assad that no chemical releases resulted in deaths in the shelled area and the freaking war mongering Democrats that have stepped out publicly and said that there was not just compelling evidence, but that it was beyond a reasonable doubt (after seeing the classified material) come forward publicly and say they may have been mislead this time around too.
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, September 15, 2013

Dear Simp,

Are you trying to compete with Gabriel Garcia Márquez? I thought writing long compound and complex sentences are the prerogatives of the Latin American "writers and intellectuals" and lawyers of all nationalities. In spite of it, I punched the green Plus.smilies/wink.gif

Ah ain't coming out with any conspiracy theory. All I am saying is that the POTUS did a neat job and I don't think he trusts the U.N. either. Have read several comments in the U.S. news sites praising as well as criticizing him. My theory is that,as a person who grew up outside the U.S., he knows more about the world than many of his predecessors. Maybe I am wrong, but...but..but... there again, who am I to judge him (not being a U.S. citizen).

We don't know about all the close door meetings that are held in the Geopolitical scenario, Simp. But...but...but... the crux of the issue is the U.S. won some concessions from Assad without firing one single Cruise missile (thus wasting tax payers money).

One thing ah tell ya. No superpower can try to "impose" democracy on the countries that worship their strongmen. smilies/cool.gif
Doctor Doctor
Joao, you have seen the cars the Prefeitura do Taua provided for the imported Cuban physicians haven't you? They're not fancy but they are marked on the sides with "Cooperativa de Medicos de Cuba" and an abbreviation as well. But,but .. but, I'm not exactly sure what Brazilians think of the way they chose the abbreviation for COoperativa de MEdicos de CUba.

http://www.fattosefottos.com.br/2013/09/medicos-cubanos-criam-cooperativa-no.htmlsmilies/wink.gif
written by asp, September 16, 2013
joao . i think i mixed up the su uni/shi ite dynamic,it maybe the opisite, but, the rulers in syria are the minority...granted, im not hyper aware of mid east dynamics, but ,what is going on there is a mess in syria...something really horrible happened

at least obama didnt just go in and bomb, yet lots of people have taken a s**t on him for putting preasure on the situation

lots of people who know less than me of the mid east , and i just said im not hyper aware, when the usa gets involved, start jumping in and screaming

that just makes me be even more skeptacle of these criticisms than ever , i cant even listen to their bs anymore, i have to ignore these banshee usa hating screamers...if its in the usa, its obama haters...notice how at that moment, hyper obama hating concervatives are holding hands with hyper left usa haters...that s**t is funny...like fundamental religions holding hands with womens libbers to say wearing string bikinis is being a sex object...damn, you should have seen the string bikinis out at the cabana on sunday

do you think the railing against the beach clubs and prostitution actualy brought the pros out on sunday (someone who knows who they are pointed out there were a few present on sunday.not soliciting , though, very important distinction, pros like to have fun at the beach too), its like "hey, they are talking about prostitutes in that barrio, i better go represent"...just wondering...but it sure was a show...ill need it since its going back rainy and cold...i mean come on, drop this syrian bullsjit and lets talk about something relevant, like closing the beach clubs
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, September 16, 2013

But,but .. but, I'm not exactly sure what Brazilians think of the way they chose the abbreviation for COoperativa de MEdicos de CUba.

I tried to go thru the website you posted, Simp. I couldn't locate the car with the abbreviation which should be COMECU. Ah dont know what Brasilians in general think of it, but....but...but... if Cearenses think it is funny and not offensive their noble Cuban guests, it is alright with me. Personally I think the Mayor of that great city should have noticed it and pointed out to the visiting healers of the poor.smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif
asp

do you think the railing against the beach clubs and prostitution actualy brought the pros out on sunday (someone who knows who they are pointed out there were a few present on sunday.not soliciting , though, very important distinction, pros like to have fun at the beach too), its like "hey, they are talking about prostitutes in that barrio, i better go represent"...just wondering...but it sure was a show...ill need it since its going back rainy and cold...i mean come on, drop this syrian bullsjit and lets talk about something relevant, like closing the beach clubs

Ha,ha. ASP. I like your way of thinking. While everyone is worried about the "alarming situation" in Syria(which is not in the hands of humble peasant like us), you try to focus on the alarming situation in your "Bairro". Laudable cause, my dear fellow.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

Something screwy in your bairro, I am told. Why don't ya participate in the "community meetings" organized by the mayor? I hear he goes all around and listens to the complaints/suggestions of the "permanent residents" (not the floating population). BTW, the vice-mayor is of Syrian-Lebanese descent and you may ask his opinion on the conflict in the lands of his forefathers. smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif

Cheers.
Simpleton

Even though I couldn't locate COMECU in the site posted, I got to know some interesting details about the "origen" of words both in English & Portuguese. Copying and posting FYI!

"Sexo com Cultura é outra Coisa Vamos Combinar ...
Você sabia que antigamente, na Inglaterra, as pessoas que não fossem da família real tinham que pedir autorização ao Rei para terem relações sexuais? Por exemplo: quando as pessoas queriam ter filhos, tinham que pedir consentimento ao Rei, que, então, ao permitir o coito, mandava entregar-lhes uma placa que deveria ser pendurada na porta de casa com a frase ' Fornication Under Consent of the king' (fornicação sob consentimento do rei) = sigla F..U.C.K.., daí a origem da palavra chula f**k. Já em Portugal, devido à baixa taxa de natalidade, as pessoas eram obrigadas a ter relações: 'Fornicação Obrigatória por Despacho Administrativo' = sigla F.O.D.A., daí a origem da palavra FODA. Por sua vez, quem fosse solteiro ou viúvo, tinha que ter na porta a frase: 'Processo Unilateral de Normalização Hormonal por Estimulação Temporária Auto-induzida' = sigla P.U.N.H.E.T.A. Vivendo e aprendendo... A gente pode até dizer palavrão,mas com conhecimento e cultura é outra coisa! "
Joao
written by Lloyd Cata, September 16, 2013
smilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif I'm not sure Ricky would approve the 'royal humor', as it lends a certain satire to his ancestry smilies/shocked.gifsmilies/shocked.gifsmilies/shocked.gif
Lloyd Cata

I'm not sure Ricky would approve the 'royal humor', as it lends a certain satire to his ancestry

Ah ain't too sure, either. But...but...but... I can assure you that the early Portuguese settlers of "humble origin" (commoners) took the King's decree seriously and worked hard not to disappoint the Royal court.smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
written by asp, September 17, 2013
joao, i was thinking ill just put on a black mask and do some damage ...first to the new supermarket they are building so they will keep the old one nearer me open...i think its time for me to enter the black bloc
"Lost in Translation"
written by Lloyd Cata, September 17, 2013
"... ill just put on a black mask and do some damage" - asp

Can't wait to see that picture in Estadao smilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif Mr. Obama would waterboard you himself smilies/shocked.gifsmilies/angry.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif, but since no apology was offered to Her Excellency, President of Brazil[ goo.gl/9mGzYq ]maybe he will let you go too?

There is a place for capitalism in Brazil, as it has absorbed many cultures and ideologies without conflict, but even Las Vegas has Laws, and when capitalism becomes the weapon of Imperialism(snooping/minding other peoples business), ...let's just say Brazil can do very well without your help. smilies/cool.gifsmilies/shocked.gif

Mr. Obama can only do so much to prevent the US Chamber-of-Commerce from using NSA/NRO/CIA/NYPD to advance this "Predatory Capitalism"(...?) After all, it is the one lesson at Harvard that stuck, because "the Esteemed Harvard-educated Constitutional Scholar" has no problem violating US Law, so Brazilian Law may as well be Sharia Law(!) Make no mistake; Iraq/Libya/Egypt/Tunisia/Syria/Iran, and everyone else, should understand that the USA will FYU, ...just to let everyone know smilies/shocked.gif smilies/cry.gif smilies/angry.gif
written by asp, September 17, 2013
"picture in the estadao" 'obama would waterboard you himself"

that is really cute , lloyd, its funny,its crisp, its precious...oh, isnt that sweet...

yeah, sure , obama deserves the snub...its not like everybody isnt doing it, and , dilma is the pt, its her dna to kick the usa in the butt...i mean what would the black block think of her if she did go for lunch

i really blame dicks and pussies like snowjob..ass-ange..wo-manning..and the little prick in the barra, im going to look his ass up and fuk him up...totaly non governmental ass kick...ill tell him im not the cia , i just dont like him
asp
written by João da Silva, September 17, 2013

joao, i was thinking ill just put on a black mask and do some damage ...first to the new supermarket they are building so they will keep the old one nearer me open...i think its time for me to enter the black bloc

Doc.Cata says no and I second his motion. The best to do is like he does. Befriend the local "authorities" and constantly complain about them.smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gif

Alternatively, you could offer to take the place of Madame Rousseff (since she has cancelled her meeting with PBO) and meet the POTUS and complain directly about these "Black Bloc" ruffians (and your Gaucho neighbor-You sure if he is not the head of this bloc in your neighborhood?) who are disturbing your peace of mind.

P.S. to our good friend Doc.L.C. who wrote:

but since no apology was offered to Her Excellency, President of Brazil

I don't think Her Excellency cancelled her visit to D.C., because of your pal Snowden. She knows "spying" on one´s allies is a normal thing.Maybe when PBO invited her to come over in October and she accepted, she forgot she had some family commitments and now finding some convenient excuses for backing out. smilies/tongue.gifsmilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
Doing her Excellency
written by SImpleton, September 18, 2013
Joao, you are still giving out way too much information. Now I can't even pretend to not know about that WhOOhOOOHAHAhaHA surprise birthday party the family was setting up. Dilma did do a good job of trying to snowball me with her reasons and OBrahma never let on to the fact I had been give carte blanc to trace and listen in on all those private conversations and tap the special imbedded chips we had been ordered to incorporate into the computer designs way back when (so I already knew but could act surprised anyway). Think they call them V-chips now. We know what you're watching and you have no clue when your laptop's cam and mic is sending us images and audio covertly.
Ignorance Is The Art-of-Diplomacy
written by Lloyd Cata, September 18, 2013
...thought the US President, as the Japanese Ambassador sat in the Oval Office; Dec. 7, 1941(...!)

The "technical issues" of this problem can be resolved by "technical means", however ...there's the issue of "corruption" involving //commercial & military contracts// are not so easily solved(...?) Seems a long time ago, we discussed who would get the contract for those 'fighter jets', but here we are again(?) How does that happen, ...without a 'mouse' in Brazil's house(...?) The PetroBras contracts, ...well, money is money, b-b-but I think I warned you about the "Generals" partying in Cartagena, Colombia, no?

I think it's better Argentina has no military today, ...rebuilding/reforming is a better process without guns(at your back?)
Remember, the Iraq/Afghan "surplus munitions" will be 'sold' to someone, and that someone will be in the 'club' with those who sold them the guns(???) Drugs are the least of Brazil's problems...(!)
Simp
written by Lloyd Cata, September 18, 2013
NSA is not so easily fooled by the 'run-on' style smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif smilies/cool.gif

If anything the 'computers' may get confused(without GPS) and mistake your intent(!) Next thing you know, ...Predators w/HellFire missiles smilies/shocked.gif

Prayers for the latest 'victims' of "Acceptable Casualties" in the debate over guns in the USA. "American values" and "American exceptionalism" will once again trump TheTruth & CommonSense, b-b-but it is well known in this forum that I like a good FairyTale(...?)
smilies/cry.gif Sadly, we have become immune to "unhappy endings..."(!)
Tapirs
written by SImpleton, September 18, 2013
Tapirs have always made me nervous. That pointy snout of theirs potentially probing into areas I'm not comfortable with like LC is. Happy endings old chap!smilies/grin.gif
Breadcrumbs
written by Lloyd Cata, September 19, 2013
A Little Bird Told Me; Lloyd Cata, Brazzil, goo.gl/yzCru1
"Don't expect you to follow 'my' #breadcrumbs..."

Simp: Tapirs like giant Ant-Eaters, and I'm happy to have them along since those pesky ants keep eating my "breadcrumbs". How am I ever going to find my way Home(?) smilies/sad.gifsmilies/wink.gif

huff.to/1gzx1so - The Truth; found in 'unexpected' places(Snowden?)

goo.gl/22xFS - The Truth; in plain sight, ...are you entertained/blind(?)

goo.gl/hiWFak - Japan is "Abe"-solutely mentally unstable; Fukushima is a Nuclear Volcano, and the Chinese Dragon is yanking the Tigers tail(Truth?)

As I gather "breadcrumbs", a 'picture' of the landscape develops. It is not the rantings of Media, or the 'worship' of persons or ideologies that reveal the Truth; rather the persistent search for the path Home. This is, after all, the Objective of "The New Explorers/Quest4Truth"(...?)

Paint your own picture; understanding that we may not "connect-the-dots" in the same manner, because we cannot all be Artists, but we can appreciate a Work of Art(?...)
Tapirs & Whistleblowers; Endangered Species
written by Lloyd Cata, September 19, 2013
I once saw that Tapirs are related to 'rodents'(!) Perhaps that is Simpleton's thinking on 'eradification'(?) It could not possibly be 'extinction' because "The Truth" can never die, and the Universal Desire for Truth can never be extinguished(...?) Tapirs on the other hand, like many "living things" are endangered by the "Profits of Chaos" and the "Consequences of Success".

The Amazon still has secrets; perhaps if you asked the Tapir, they could tell you many things. Uncovering secrets has always been a dangerous journey to the Truth(?)
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, September 19, 2013

Dr.L.C.

I once saw that Tapirs are related to 'rodents'(!) Perhaps that is Simpleton's thinking on 'eradification'(?)

Ah ain't interested in Tapirs, Rodents, Pigs,et all that go around minding their own business.But....but...but... interested in helping ASP feel completely at home (in spite of his being a Gringo).

Read what they are doing to his bairro:

http://diariocatarinense.clicr...67416.html

Ah am in favor of demolishing the Night Clubs, because that would make him sit at home at night and help his kids with their homework.smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, September 19, 2013

The Amazon still has secrets;

Yeah.Plenty of medicinal plants still undiscovered. Have ya heard of cinchona bark that is a cure for Malaria and discovered by your Jesuit friends in the 15th century? Though Malaria is supposed to have been eradicated all over the world, the yellow fever persists! Maybe the "First Brasilians" living in the Amazon know the cure and don't want to share their knowledge with the "Mighty Whites".smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
Sharing
written by Lloyd Cata, September 20, 2013
The Imperialist have no use for that word(!) It is not the disagreement of policy which separate people, it is the 'actions' of imperialism that demeans Humanity, ...to the point of 'classification' as to who lives and dies(!)

The 'secrets' of the Amazon are well known among First Peoples(!) The most widely prescribed medication is still 'aspirin', which is a 'natural' substance extracted from tree bark. There is no unwillingness to 'share' on the part of First Peoples, ever; which is the Real Story of the USA celebration of Thanksgiving, in which First Peoples enabled their own destruction by 'sharing' with 'aliens' with Evil intent(?)

There are secrets to protect God-given gifts(land, air, water), and there are secrets with Evil intent(?) Knowing the difference makes all the difference(!) Perhaps in the days to come we will discover the secrets of the Imperialists, but until then, they will do anything and everything in order to hide the Truth, which resides in the "Mirror of History" ...(?)
The Law Against Loitering
Joao, thanks for the link(!) It was helpful in describing the 'lowdown', for which I usually depend upon the Asp smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

Being no friend to those involved in the destruction of the environment and ecological harmony, I was pleased that the government is trying to find "legal remedy" to protect the serenity of public areas. The Law is meant to protect, not deny, the rights of all people, but when it is used as the means to deny access by 'certain people', it becomes an arbitrary means of denying Rights. In this regard I do surely accede to the 'fact' that Brasilieros have 'vested' rights, which foreignors do not(...?) Remmber, sometimes the "Consequences of Success" often lead to the "Profits of Chaos".

I -think- Brasilia will approve given the upcoming Sports/Entertainment Agenda, however if instigators, agitators, and Asp can be 'neutralized', without violence, this Law is in the interests of Society.

There is a parallel that is happening in the Good Olde USA, in which it has become illegal to feed the homeless in public venues(...?) Is it in the interest of the State/ Society to deny this actvity(?) Or is this a concealed attempt to hide the Truth of Hunger and Homelessness in the USA(?...) This is a extremely immediate issue here, as this "dysfunctional government" debates its 'responsibility' to care not only for the defense of Imperialism, but for the needs of its people(!!!)
btw ...
...the "administrator" who is 'censoring' my comment knows that they have only limited ability to conceal the Truth(?) How feverishly they work to close the window against the Free Expression of Humanity(!) Yet, technology has freed the illiterate from their affliction and they begin to 'see' the process of their predicament.

As you see, "Sometimes the Art of Diplomacy requires Ignorance", which is where we are in the USA/Brazil Hacking Scandal, but the People are no longer illiterate, Ignorant, Confused, or Amused by the 'attacks'on their Sovereignty or Privacy(...?)
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, September 20, 2013

the "administrator" who is 'censoring' my comment knows that they have only limited ability to conceal the Truth

Nobody is censoring our comment,L.C. Stop being paranoiac.smilies/cool.gif Sometimes they have some technical glitch and our comments (or their entire page) disappear and that should not be attributed to their "censorship". Besides, the lives of honest law abiding "world citizens" such as your good self, my humble self, esteemed Simp,ASP, etc; are "open book". It is our birthright to complain about our respective governments (to the right people and not to our neighbors, though).

Coming back to the problem of Asp's city and Bairro. The Lord Mayor of the city unfortunately (or fortunately) shares our vision on environment, City planning, etc; He is also lawyer by training. Young and quite dynamic.

He also holds meetings with the "Bairro Associations". ASP should participate in the meeting of his bairro and give suggestions.

As for me, I hardly complain about anything. When I get pissed off, I call or e-mail(to) the right authorities. Yeah, I know patience is a virtue. But that too has a limit.smilies/cheesy.gif

Raining cats & dogs. Should finish certain tasks before going for a Friday happy hour. Take care and cheers. Drink a bottle of Vodka in my honor while I have some cold ones in yours.smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif
written by Asp, September 20, 2013
ahhhhh João...its raining, huh? Im in rio...

Oh yeah, cata , you really know what is going on....

Then they have to close costao , also, João , and a huge amount of other will established entities
asp

Then they have to close costao , also, João ,

When Costão started years ago, it didn't have all the putarias. Fun to visit and stay during the weekend (or during a business convention).Provided lots of jobs for the locals.But....but...but....your Bairro was built to be "International" and had to import "qualified labor"( smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif) from other states (especially the one where your upstairs neighbor comes from)smilies/smiley.gif Frankly speaking, I don't know why your neighbor left his "beloved" state to come to live here.smilies/sad.gif

The only thing that gives the status of "International" to your bairro is the fact that YOU live there.smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif

How's the weather up in Rio, ASP? Have a great time & hope the rain God gives all a break when you return. The rain is good for peasants like me, because it is easier to till the land while it is wet.smilies/cool.gif
harvest/planting
written by Simpleton, September 20, 2013
Ya joao, drought times makes hard ground and less easy to get your tiller to function effectively but but but if asp is in rio no doubt, rain or shine, he'll find moist furrows needing attending to. He probably won't run into my 2nd ex though. According to her she's now a kept woman and says she doesn't go out much anymore and has cut way down on her consumption of asp's most favored after work "destresser".

As far as I know I violate no laws feeding the homeless in public places with the fine cuisine I cook at my place while I'm there in Rio. Other than the plastic sacks I might use to carry things and the napkins there's no potential for violation of the lixo zero law. The plates, silverware and plastic containers all come back home with me to be washed (and maybe a bag of dirty clothes too if I happen to have access to a washing machine.) All socially unacceptable behavior on my part for sure but there's no law that says I can't and I've long since stopped being called "Um Real (Por Favor)" within the local community.
Simpleton

He probably won't run into my 2nd ex though.

ASP would be pleased to call her and pay his courtesies to her, provided you post her telephone number (both land and cell). If he is reluctant to do so, I 'll be happy to do so.What are friends for, Simp?

According to her she's now a kept woman

"Kept woman"? For a long time I haven't heard this expression.It sounds more "Victorian English". Does the female in question speak English and if she doesn't, what exactly the Portuguese phrase did she use?

L.C, ASP & I would like your further clarifications on this "person of interest". smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gifsmilies/angry.gif

Cheers
The weather is delicous....

João, never ever seen pros soliciting in my barrio , if people hire vans of pros, on their dime...that could be your barrio tôo....
João, you know what this weather reminds me of?

When i was a very young boy, my uncle used to let me sit on his lap when he was driving...listening to Freddie Hubbard's First Light...

I would ask him why the road felt so bumpy...and he would tell me...that bump wasnt from the road...

not hooking up (anymore?)
written by Simpleton, September 21, 2013
qual e a diferenca pizza e sua amaguinha:
a pizza da pra oito pessoas,
e sua amaguinha da pra cidade toda

What's the Portuguese term for live-in French maid? He's a nice guy and all, I met him a couple of times but it's probably best her englich is much better than his Portuguese.
Lost My Thought...
written by Lloyd Cata, September 21, 2013
Have gone from;

// beaches with bootilicious bitches // - asp

// When Costão started years ago, it didn't have all the putarias.// - Joao

// "Um Real (Por Favor)" //- simp

Now I know all this is connected to some female "person of interest", but not sure if she given up her 'past-profession' and left the streets for the "cabana life"...? smilies/wink.gif

Get back to you after shopping for something to 'cover' all that bootiliciousness... goo.gl/WKo6AS ,so there is no mistake whether she's a "Working-girl" smilies/grin.gif

Sounds like Simp has finally overcome the 'gringo' status; now a neighbor[who unlike most], has started his own "socialist experiment smilies/cool.gif smilies/wink.gif Bravo! I will have to appeal to my comrades, that they will provide better washing facilities to assist you in community service. It is wished that all behaved accordingly...
smilies/cool.gif
Lavandaria
written by Simpleton, September 21, 2013
LC, sorry about the typo, you're right, it should read englisch not englich. Have you had a good Danish lately there in gl? Last one I remember was back in college. She always complained the people in her country were fat. Sure wouldn't have believed that looking at her! Think her daddy owned that fish processing plant you work at. (Well maybe not, she was actually Dutch.)
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, September 22, 2013

Sounds like Simp has finally overcome the 'gringo' status; now a neighbor[who unlike most], has started his own "socialist experiment

Ah ain't too sure yet, L.C. The Headman of the Cabanas seems to have gotten rid of his "Gringo" complex the moment he landed on the Brasilian soil. Could be because he is related to Dick Daley & a friend of your cousin Rudy G. Simp may be related to Scott. I just don't want to get involved in the American politics. I'd rather start ploughing the land while it is still raining. smilies/wink.gif

What do you recommend I plant for this season? Wild oats, may be?smilies/cool.gif
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, September 22, 2013

Last one I remember was back in college. She always complained the people in her country were fat.

Simp, as far as I can make out you were in college about 60 & odd years ago. At that time "fat ladies" were considered to be "buxom beauties" and your Danish friend was probably one of them. You missed a great opportunity to "befriend" her further (smilies/smiley.gif) If you had done so, you could have become the "Dairy Emperor of Denmark" (DED), exporting all the surplus dairy products to Brasil. smilies/cool.gif
Opportunities
written by Simpleton, September 23, 2013
She definitely carried a good rack but I never got to meet her mother to see what I should anticipate in the future. My electronics laboratory partner was from Thailand. Much more lucrative connection with respect to exports than a family capitalizing on pickled fish heads! BTW, I'm not sure how the Italian twins' family would advise you. It's normal to plant something, at least between the hedge rows, in your vineyard but I'm not knowledgeable enough to know whether Wild Oats would do better than Wild Rice this year given the flooding. Do you use cables strung between tree tops to support the vines so you can plow under them until it's time to lower them down for harvesting? Old Italian countryside trick to maximize land utilization.
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, September 23, 2013

Do you use cables strung between tree tops to support the vines so you can plow under them until it's time to lower them down for harvesting? Old Italian countryside trick to maximize land utilization.

My neighbor a "Polish Brasilian" already uses this "trick" and he was quite pissed off when I told him you told me that it is an Eyetalian invention.His wife who is an Eyetalian Brasilian seems to side with you. But....but....but.... I as usual remain neutral (Read: On top of the wall) as I don't want to get involved in a domestic dispute.smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif
We noticed
written by Simpleton, September 23, 2013
Yep, we've notice you're a teetering old dod, never taking a stance on one side or the other of anything. Political, domestic, nada. Here's an idea for you (since Reveillon is still quite some time away), you might spark some interesting fireworks if you told one of the two neighbors (but not both) that they appear to be grasping for low grapes.smilies/grin.gif
Thai Stick
written by Lloyd Cata, September 24, 2013
Strangle Mr. Simpleton has also the experience of a gentleman from Thailand as electronics lab partner[Subudom] in my case; as well as a Jewish Holocaust Survivor[Rutigliano]-Mathamatics, and Chinese[Wong]-Physics professors. You cannot remain in a fish bowl and expect to be "educated"(?)

Agree or disagree, but the weather, regionally and globally is changing(...?) My personal preference for growthare herbs and spices, which require less land/maintenance. That Chinese garlic that Joao is so fond of should be plentiful in a Brazilian garden. I am of the "one acre rule" philosophy, as I believe that under the right environment, the average family could feed itself from one acre(see "Foothills of Kilimanjaro"). Must admit my relationship with a certain Homeopathic Doctor from DR has done wonders to improve my appetites. Indeed, her remedies included presciptions for rocking the cabana... smilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/shocked.gifsmilies/wink.gif

Appears Indonesia is experiencing the effects of Climate Change as their coffee harvest is not what it used to be. So I have recommended that they switch to wine, chocolate, and vanilla, which are comparable economically. Make coffee for yourself, and the "export price" rises(see Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee-$$$) "Vertical Agriculture" cannot help but change the equation(?) This is but one reason for not supporting FTAA. It was a market mechanism for "food hegemony" where South America would be 'contractually' tied to Western agricultural practices and performance. I.e., you will grow WildOats when 'we' need oats, and if it rains, we switch to rice, leaving you with NotSoWild Oats(neutered). Which leads to Petrobras and all the other NotSoBrilliant Brasilieros who were climbing the Forbes List, only to realize their misfortune. Which one will betray Brazil for Dollars is a puzzle for another day...(?) smilies/wink.gif
"Administrative Review"
No question, the comments of the forum, have become compromised by "administrative review". Finding this offensive, considering my historic participation in a free manner has jeopardized no one except the 'agendas' of liars, I must decline and withdraw to less manipulative venues...
Pakistani#
written by Simpleton, September 24, 2013
No Lloyd, you are not allowed to abandon the forum now that you have started to set up the solution for the next puzzle! If you're experiencing a hung waiting to post after entering the security image characters, disappearing previous posts and or repetitive "administrative review" issue then you have joined the special club that seems to include all of us except Joao (who claims he too is a member but it's still suspected he isn't). Same sh_thappened to me for nearly a month after trying to post under one of Ricky's articles in response to a nasty racially undertoned snipe Joao had shot in my direction.
Censorship & Error; Knowing The Difference
The readers and participants of the forum(...and #Sumpleton) would clearly misinterpret the behaviour of the network to 'error', but having my Twitter account "suspended" after my UNGA comments is quite clear(!)

When #Truth becomes "inflammatory speech" you can be sure Pharoah/NSA has heard my 'opinion'(!) That it is not to their liking is insignificant, but their only resort is censorship/violence, because TheTruth will never die('!')

Must go, ...someone trying to 'reprogram' my devices...smilies/cheesy.gif
Are There 2 Sides To A Mirror?
Lloyd Cata ‏@lloydcata
#POTUS #UNGA @USAgov reserves the right to fight #Injustice "anywhere", except when #AmericanChildren are 'gunned-down'(!) #Exceptional..(?)

This might be the 'breadcrumb' that brought out the #AngryBirds smilies/tongue.gifsmilies/shocked.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif (...?)
written by asp, September 26, 2013
why are people like cata, who think like he does, get so paranoid and think the government is out to get them?

i couldnt get anything in for a week...just got back from rio...the hotel i was staying at had flamengo futbal stars, global actors and rock in rio celebs...quite a fest...hope you made it through the deluvial, joao

i was swimming in pools and looking at booty on the beach...god, my profesion is wondeful...i am a highly skilled specialist at what i do...when they need me in a situation...they really need my skills and expertice...and i am deadly in close
go figure
written by Simpleton, September 26, 2013
I think Lloyd's explanation about the paranoid thing going on with him was alluded to in one of his comments Title - Thai Stick. Glad to hear you survived Rio. It's off season so you probably didn't go home with a case of those ginormous crabs. Hehehe

About his being barred from being a Twit(ter), that I don't know about. Seems to be a new complaint promulgated by his #Truth being sent to the wrong audience if I'm interpreting things correctly.
asp
written by João da Silva, September 27, 2013

why are people like cata, who think like he does, get so paranoid and think the government is out to get them?

Sorry ASP. Our esteemed & distinguished fellow blogger Dr.L.C. is merely exercising his birthright as a citizen of the good ole U.S.of A to criticize his lawfully elected government. He has every right to get paranoiac and from what little I know of your constitution it is not illegal. smilies/wink.gif If he were to be a Brasilian he would be bitching about our government too.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

i couldnt get anything in for a week...just got back from rio...the hotel i was staying at had flamengo futbal stars, global actors and rock in rio celebs...quite a fest...hope you made it through the deluvial, joao

Yep, I made it though the deluge and then landed in the icebox called CTA for 3 days.CTA has become an expensive city. Wonder if you have been there.

P.S. to L.C & Simpleton: Did your Thai, Jewish & Chinese associates not tell you that when the system crashes, input and output data disappear (unless properly stored)?smilies/cry.gif
Bitch And Moan, Bitch And Moan, ....
written by Lloyd Cata, September 27, 2013
//Seems to be a new complaint promulgated by his #Truth being sent to the wrong audience if I'm interpreting things correctly.// - simp

Was reading Oprah the other day, after the Swiss merchant saga, and promoting the new movie[The Butler]. Very good movie, but I knida got the feel of the docu-drama, as the scenes were "on the real"; as my hommies say. Yeah, it was like that, and still be's that way. Now Oprah was razing what she calls "twitter thugs", referring to dudes who constantly follow and rank on people, ...it can get pretty ugly in the twitter-sphere smilies/shocked.gif

You all know that when it comes to me and the Empire, "its on..."(!) Not trying to hide, run, or play ignorant. I didn't just learn to read and write, and I've read the Holy Bible, Aristotle, the US Constitution, The Federalist Papers(which is where the Truth of America lies), and lived through enough political, military, and capitalist IGNORANCE, that a little sunshine is well deserved[if I could only find out what that cabana cost...]smilies/grin.gif

Well, getting back to Oprah; I explained that I was once a Teletype Engineer(ITT), and back then you had to be brief(140 chars?), so it is just 'training'(?) No, my dear, not a "twitter thug", just a "prolific twitterati"(...!) After 40 years, who knew Universal Teletype would capture the world(?) I mean, you can tweet; @HassanRouhani, the Iranian president. How cool is that...? The Iranians are no fools, and very forward looking when it comes to technology. They won't make nukes, ...they have something better(!)
written by Double-Dot, September 27, 2013

Bitch And Moan, Bitch And Moan, ....

Continue doing it.

God bless America

written by treze pontos, September 28, 2013
Yesssssss, keep her moaning!!!!!
written by Costinha is my uncle, September 28, 2013

Since the passing of James Brown, THERE IS A LACK OF FUNK!

God Mess America, Land of the Fee and Home of the Slave
JUST IN ...
written by Costinha is my uncle, September 28, 2013
Since the passing of James Brown, THERE IS A LACK OF FUNK!

God Mess America, Land of the Fee and Home of the Slave

smilies/tongue.gif
written by .., September 28, 2013

João, you know what this weather reminds me of?

When i was a very young boy, my uncle used to let me sit on his lap when he was driving...listening to Freddie Hubbard's First Light...

I would ask him why the road felt so bumpy...and he would tell me...that bump wasnt from the road...

My apologies ASP...I wanted to reply when you returned from your trip to Rio.smilies/smiley.gif

But...but...but...I am sure your uncle had tea and crumpets prepared for you at the end of your bumpy journey.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif

written by João da Silva, September 28, 2013

Dr.L.C./Simpleton/ASP

Gentlemen,

Our long vanished, but...but...but.. distinguished & esteemed fellow blogger Costinha & his revered and honorable uncle have proved that there is no censorship in this blog. All their comments have been published along with that of those idiots Double-Dot and Treze-Pontos. Time to move on without bitching and moaning.smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

Read again the title of this thread. Unless we all get along in Brasil, we will sink together.smilies/cool.gif
Joao
written by Lloyd Cata, September 28, 2013
"...no censorship of the blog" - Joao

Surely my friend, you understand that between this blog and my 'numerous' devices/means/locales to reach it, is my own NSA counterpart( you had to be there), so at times 'they' should be reminded that I am also "awake". Sadly, it has taken Mr. Snowden to reveal what's "behind-the-curtain, because if I had told you these many years that they were listening to "everything" you said, ...well I've survived the name-calling to see the Truth come home.

....and of course many thanks and salutations to your esteemed former president, who 'now' understands; "Only Brazil, and Brazilians should decide for their future"(?) It is no less the case for anyone, since One/New World Order cannot, and will not, determine the Fate of Humanity(!) It may be hard rejecting the "Popularity of Ignorance", but if your people are already illiterate, ...surely "you will sink together"....(?)
Double-Dot, ... , Tres Pontos, Costinha, and "Forum"
Having returned to Sunshine, I must confess, it is good to be back among family, So "Welcome back"(!!!) ...and if you happen to come across Dr. Amaral please advise him that neither God, Rome, or I are done with him. smilies/wink.gif smilies/cheesy.gif smilies/cheesy.gif
Speaking Of Sinking
Ricardo Amaral should be recognized for his 'economic foresight" in calling for a move to the Chinese(yuan) currency(Bravo!)

See how Indonesia(largest Muslim population on Earth) has made such a move, to balance the 'uncertainty' of the "dollar market". Brazil's global reach' is only as good as its currency/trade/resources(?) Letting 'others' manipulate those functions is an abomination to any 'free' sovereign state(!) To the extent that these functions are decided[WTO, IMF, World Banksters) by otherssmilies/sad.gif
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, September 28, 2013

Ricardo Amaral should be recognized for his 'economic foresight" in calling for a move to the Chinese(yuan) currency(Bravo!)

L.C., Rickey proposed a new "Asia Currency" and did not denominate it as Yuan. However, he seems to share your "vision & foresight" that WTO,IMF,World Banksters and other similar entities should impose on other "sovereign states" what sort of currency they should have (or not). As a humble peasant, I can tell ya something ole boy: The Euro was (and is) a fraud perpetrated by some shysters on poorer countries in Europe.

Probably PRC "convinced" Indonesia to go for Yuan as the "standard" currency for "trade" and the Indonesian govt accepted it gladly(?).

You know as well as I do, it is easy to print paper currencies (now I am told U.K. is proposing to launch plastic currency), without any precious "natural resources" to back it up.

BTW, the topic you have brought up (about the currency) is quite interesting for further "analysis/debate".

Cheers
written by asp, September 29, 2013
who posted the uncle story is a fraud...and fuk you

oh yeah...ricy is quite the economic predictor...based on his predictions of the colapse of the dollar, ive liquadated all my dollar assets...and am patiently waiting for the dollar to colapse......and waiting........and waiting........and waiting..........and waiting........and waiting......i know its coming......and waiting....and waiting....losing a little money waiting....and waiting....and waiting...

yeah, lolyd, you really have great judgement about that
QE-$4T
written by Lloyd Cata, September 29, 2013
Waiting....waiting...waiting...

Yep, ...waiting for the Glorious Chairman of the Empires Central Bank to STOP PRINTING DOLLARS(?) B-b-but those "paper assets"[CorruptBonds/FannieFreddieFraud] which are "designed" to rebalance the CasinoAmerica is the biggest 'swindle' in human history(...!)#TARP was just the #GetOutOfJailFree card, FannieFreddieFraud will turn American "assets" back over to the Banksters. A $4T swindle, ...and you wonder why he is still printing(???) Because there's no deal in USA "dysfunctional government" on how to split the money. HealthCare or Greed...(?)

One thing Brazil can look forward to; some of that $4T will be coming your way, because as I told many years ago(waiting) the name of the game was to "export inflation" and when you 'playing' with that kind of money, ...well, let's just say, "I could buy that little backwoods colony called Brazil"(...?) #Wait4It
dearest nephew
written by uncle asp, September 29, 2013

you love Freddie Hubbard...and you used to love jumping on my lap in the car, at the movies, and at family events. nothing to be ashamed of. you should be ashamed though, of gawking at green apples from your cabana...now that's sick.
awwww is little punk b!tch all uptight because i get to look at absolutly drop dead gorgous women in string bikinis?

you know , that is what is wonderful about this country...its just advanced over most of the world in terms of sensuality, and , women not being ashamed of their bodies

and the rules are , all you have to do is get to the beach in brazil and its ok for anyone of any age to be ablwe to look at the sensuality of women..as long as you dont dog...its just natural and ok, and not uptight

like your fuked up @ss is, why dont you go fuk yourself you little punk b!tch , youndont know sh!t...mother fuker, go crawl backm in your little douche bag cave and stay an uptight lost fart in a funky butt

damn...they were out at the cabana today

loyld, ill be absolutly open to you about me abd the "cabana"...i got it twenty years ago for the price of bananas...then, 7 years ago, two clubs started bringing the finest women in our city to my beach, and then the real estate gouged all the prices up and now its some kind of wild freak destination for the foxes who love action...i just was in the right place at the right time...you couldnt buy an apartment in bed sty for the price i paid for the "cabana"....
The Price Of Bananas
Asp, I was well aware that you got it for peanuts, after the 'change', but the question was what it costs now(just visiting)?

Yet, you are amazingly suitable to prove the point; that if I showed up with that $12B 'cash' that 'we' stole in Iraq, ...you get the picture(?) Yeah, I could do some serious chaos in 'your' beachfront community(!) Actually, I could do alot more, but peanuts go well with bananas, don't you think?

That $4T will buy a lot of Brazil, and other places, for less than the price of bananas; after all the Glorious Chairman had only to "print prosperity", and Brazil does not have that kind of "exceptionalism"(...?) smilies/shocked.gifsmilies/sad.gif
no, lolyd, im not suitable to show you that example, because it is you trying to put me in a trick bag as being some kind of hyper capatalist predatory developer..

nothing could be farther from the truth...the truth is , i am a specialist at what i do, and am highly trained, and beleive me, people dont want to hire me here, but , enevitably, they have to come to me to get my skills...and i used my skills to get some capital in the states to get my place...yes, if i sold my place now, i couldnt buy my way back in

but, its not american interests pushing these prices up where i am...its totaly inbred...or from one state down;;they dont need americans to play these games

and the truth is, the americans dont know what is really greast down in brazil anyway

people who devote their lives to only making money may get obscenly rich...and i think you totaly dont get that chavez was really playing this game also, as well as castro...and they are poloticians too...other people who play politics for a living...most of us play politics to get by on our work place...thease people do it for a living...

so, there will always be power seekers and people only devoted to making momey...that will never change...

all i can say about americans, if they (we) didnt get how damaging hyper predatory unregulated greedy capatalism is, then we deserve to suffer

but give me capatalism with a concience over marxist oriented government any day...i can totaly accept socialism if it can accept capatalism and not make it out to be the evil of mankind...millions lost to communism is the evil...real capatalism doent count until the industrial revolution, and as nasty and horrible as the robber barens were and are, they are nothing compared to the millions lost under stalin or the chinese red cultural revolutions

when americans want to really wake up to the rich just get richer...then they will make thw changes...if not...yeah ...we all will suffer

dearest nephew
written by uncle asp, September 29, 2013
drop dead gorgeous women are perfectly fine...i thought you said long ago that you stay away from green apples...it looks like you're alright with it now?

do you still coo like a little bunny rabbit when you hear George Benson solos?
millions lost...yeah, that aint dollars , either

the problem with your kind of logic is, you fuking cant tell the differance from me and j p morgan...you just fuking lash out and make some dumb @ss statement about my personal leisure life and tie it in with your political agenda

what are you, cata? insecure? is your life so pathetic you have to tie me in to your political agenda just because i made certain choices in my life? beleive me, i made trade offs in my life to get where i am at now...and i chose living life, sensuality, alternative culture, not in the mainstream media here either, over job securuty and practicality

too bad you cant perceive that...but, so many of your theories about brazil are so far off, im not surprised you lump me in as the exporitory gringo fuking over everyone to get his cabana
By My Calculations...
...that cabana will bring you more ($$$) in "one week" than it cost you originally, and that's capitalism so no hard feelings smilies/cool.gif

However, when I see the fraud and swindle of the Empire today, ...it is Evil(!) Simply because it is perpetrated on illiterate and unsuspecting people doesn't make it right(?) If your seriously trying to tell me that the Empire gives a crap about Brazilians, ...get a damn antenna, and explain what the hell is going on in Washington. Doubt if it would change your mind, but the Corruption of the West is just as criminal as the Gangsterism of the West. Once in a while you might be grateful for/to your hosts for the priviledge of 'residency' instead of bitchin about who is screwing up 'your' neighborhood(?)
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, September 29, 2013

Once in a while you might be grateful for/to your hosts for the priviledge of 'residency' instead of bitchin about who is screwing up 'your' neighborhood(?)

I consider myself as one of the "hosts" of our venerable fellow blogger ASP and I bitch about those screwing up his neighborhood too. And I salute ASP for his relentless "hot pursuit" of our common enemies. Instead of congratulating your fellow countryman for his "noble" efforts, you are calling him a "fat-cat capitalistic pig" (which probably he is,I 'd never know).smilies/sad.gif Shame on you, Dr.Lloyd Cata.smilies/angry.gif

Cheers
Decapitated PIIGGS
written by Simpleton, September 29, 2013
or just stoned BRICS? Take your pick. Still think both LC and asp should probably chill out a little bit, enjoy that Thai Stick or Pakistani#. Obamacare is going to makes it impossible for any doctor anywhere to prescribe it for what ails them regardless of what their state or local authorities will allow without persecution. In that 2500 pages of crap I'm sure LC gained an advantage over asp and his nearby COMECU. Free hommies delivery service(?)
written by asp, September 30, 2013
wait a minute , loyld, who said the people im bitching at have anything to do with my hosts (thank you for hosting me, joao)?

i dontr even want to go into details , but these people arnt responsible for anything but complaining about these restaurant owners...who dont have prostitutes soliciting, and they arnt the real problems in the barrio

once again, you just want to shove me into the gringo exploiter roll

look, i would never rent or sell my "cabana"...so i wont make money on it...i know when im in a precious location, even though its cold in the winter...but , its also no ones business , because it was no exploitive deal and it was upfront and totaly legal...the fuking day marxists come to protest at my door to try to kick me out or run their anti capatalist crap, is the day they will have their red flag shoved up their ass

as far as being grateful for brazil for having me, im on my knees everyday in thanks, and everyday walk around knowing im a guest...hey, what the fuk, im actualy down here not trying to make pseudo moral judgements from far away about things i know nothing about..

yeah, I know america is looking out for its own interests...but they arnt gunning for brazil...just playing dirty...like everyone else...hell the chinese haced our computors, the israelis were caught spying on us...our so called freinds and nothing happened...this shiot does go down...how do you know brazil isnt spying also ?brasilians are very smart and recousful and can keep up with anybody in sperteza
Don't Take It Personally, It's Just Who You Are...
written by Lloyd Cata, September 30, 2013
The fawning, "DON'T BLAME ME" sign around your neck says it all(!) I get it; your the "Good Guy"(?)

Since you are in 'residency', and since you are fortunate to reside in a society trying to 'avoid' the Corruption of the West, and the Gangsterism of the East, with your 'wellgotten' gains, perhaps you should be 'first' to warn your neighbors of the danger of getting too close. Brazil has enough Corruption without the Extremism of Vulture Capitalism(?) You, Asp, will be followed by too many, who will buy Brazil for less than the price of bananas, ...and they have $4T sitting on the sidelines waiting for the "Pharoah/Washington" deal(...?) Remember the Horizontal Expansion that will bring Strife(?...)

You may buy into the "Ideology of Ignorance", where everything would be wonderful if only we all could have a cabana(homeless) for the price of bananas, but I would point my Brazilian 'hosts' to the example of the Chiquita Banana Gangsterism, which even preceded the US Chamber of Commerce Gangsterism, which precedes the present Wall Street Gangsterism leading to the Extreme Government Corruption of the 'Good Old USA'. As I remember, the Plantation was not a nice place for most, ...and it will not be a nice place for most Brazilians(?) ..."we will sink together"(!)

Many people have opened their eyes, and now I see that Brazil is somewhat alert to the real threat to 'every' Brazilian, which is that they will sell their 'inheritance' for less than the price of bananas, just because Gangsters decided to print $4T(!)

Brazil is a wonderful place, blessed in many ways, naturally and socially, but consorting with Gangsters and Corruption will make her a whore doing the bidding of the Plantation overseer, which[my words], is the real 'danger' expressed in the post of the the esteemed former president; FHC ...(?)
FHC & Petrobras
While I am only, "outside observer"[asp] of both FHC and Petrobras; I wish to return to the subject of "Oil & Money/Currency/Dollars" ...(?)

Joao, on a not-too-distant thread, at the beginning of the Global Economic Disaster, asked how I saw things developing; what to look for(?...) I told him, "Dollars[$] & Oil[refinery capacity]".

I have also stated in many 'financial journals' that the Nominal Price for crude is $60/brl, based upon the changing energy footprint, environmental cost, and present global 'reachable' reserves. No more putting oil back in the ground for "rainy days", huh? No more putting the Oil Shock gun to Humanities head, Germany is 25% solar(!) "Energy is Everywhere", so what effect does that have on Oil and Islam, Oil and Dollars, Oil and Brazil(?) ...and why such a weak interest by TheOilExtremists in Brazils production(!) $200/brl cannot be imagined, even if the entire Middle East were on fire(!) Somewhere between $60/brl and $100/brl[note: Relative Currency] is where Oil will 'settle'(...?) WHERE DOES THAT PROJECTION LEAVE PETROBRAS....(?) UnderWater, ...and those Pre-Salt 'reserves' will not look so lucrative anymore(?) Oil 4 Dollars, or Oil 4 Yuan, will not matter(.) Sugar4Energy/Wind4Energy/Dams4Energy; the subject is Enegy, and the Gangsterism of Oil Oligarchy is waning and eventually the price of Oil will follow(?) What that does to the coming 'disconnect' with the Dollar[$] is the question, but Food is the next frontier, and given 'climate change' that is the answer, because South America is destined to be the worlds next "Food Basket" which is much more coveted now than Brazil's Oil or its other vast resources.

When Joao asked me about Inflation and the Market[ what to 'invest' in], my comment was to look in his wifes shopping basket for the answer(?) To which he replied about Chinese Garlic, confirming how prescient he is about economics...(!) The price of Gold has boomed and waned, the price of Oil will do the same, so watchout for the price of Money/Currency/Dollars/Oil/(bootilicious babes rocking the cabana) smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/shocked.gifsmilies/sad.gif
Refinery Capacity; XL Pipeline...
...ask and answered(need I say more?)
written by asp, September 30, 2013
"dont blame me" "im the good guy" "ideology of ignorance"

cmon , cata...you have to be kidding, im not even trying to say any of those things, that is your own jive mischaractorisation...i should cuss you out as usual, really you have a really warped @ss way of superimposing your political agenda on what i do...you have made some of the most dumb, stupid, way off base , not understanding squat about my situation , since you first made that stupid comment of my sexual activities in the cabana...

when people run that dogging my life , into their political agendas...they definitly are bucking to wag a flag out of their anus when i get finished

maybe you ought to look in the mirror at your own failings in life, that make you have to lash out at anyone just taking their regular steps in life..who made choices and deals with trade offs...

by the way, a syndicate in your building is not your host , and that is the people who im bitching against...they are like syndicates in the neihborhood, they are not my hosts...and they are full of s**t
deadly lines
written by Simpleton, September 30, 2013
I've heard it said that many deadlines in Obamacare have failed to be met. Did the POTUS even try to ask congress to vote on extending them? Many parts of the program have been deferred (read delayed), did the POTUS even try to ask congress to vote on delaying any of them? Many waivers have been granted. I suspect the who/what/where/when/why rules regarding handling of waivers is probably written into the law that the POTUS and his cronies passed (many of whom did so without even knowing what was in the law they signed us up to). Has the POTUS made public exactly who has been granted waivers and what he and his cronies' relationship is with the grantees?
Truth Is Free, I'm Just Passing It On....
http://goo.gl/lZM8Tf - watch the video(...?)

...but even she is wrong about the 'new' Vatican and Jesuits.(We're working on it; Catholic Reformation)

Cheers
Failings In Life
As I live and breathe, there is no failing, only the Hope, Prayer, and Work for success. Did I not tell you that my Father has promised me "Life Everlasting", ...no matter that I may 'appear to fail' in the eyes of Mankind(?)

2 years with the "Book of Job" will do that for you...(!)

Asp, I try not to Demonize people, because I am not TheJudge, History is the Mirror, and I simply try to portray what I see, because until God shall 'decide', even I do not know who I am(?) Therefore, in the words of Artist/Doctor/Professor/Sister/American Maya Angelou, "Still I Rise"; http://goo.gl/ZU9uW smilies/cool.gifsmilies/cool.gifsmilies/wink.gif
Patagonia & The Meaning Of Success
http://goo.gl/wiPnf - Faustino is 'rich', quite 'successful', and best of all 'free'. He has molded his world to suit his needs. It is not modern, or even contemporary; it is 'his life', and I am not too old that I would gladly help him defend it(!)
Capitalism With A Conscience
Agreed, no doubt ...there are Capitalists who have a Conscience(!) Did I not say that my rather unorthodox education is a result of the generosity of Great Capitalists, like Mr. Vanderbilt, who built the New York Public Library(?)

I have no ax to grind with capitalism, but to ignore what is happening today, coming from the foundations, institutions, and agencies of the Empire, is not who/where I am. Give these Banksters someplace to play "with their money", but when they have the power to destitute sovereign nations, its a problem, ...and 'everyone' knows the Ignorance out of Washington/Obama is a Problem, for Brazil, and for the Peace of the World. It is said that "Markets hate Uncertainty"....(guess what?) Who knows what these corrupt morons will do, but you better believe it will not be because they loved the world(?)

After all, they -think- they're "exceptional", and on that point, sadly I agree with Putin,~"...this is a very dangerous ideology" for the world, simply because every Empire/society since the beginning of the time, who have considered themselves exceptional, ended with rather unpleasant consequences(?)
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, September 30, 2013

Lloyd, ah must confess that you have turned out to be my "verdadeiro" GURU, ole buddy. You are a walking encyclopedia, dude. When you come down to MG, the next time, I shall endeavor to convince ASP to invite you & host you in his spacious cabana (MasterCard/Visa accepted).

You wrote:

When Joao asked me about Inflation and the Market[ what to 'invest' in], my comment was to look in his wifes shopping basket for the answer(?) To which he replied about Chinese Garlic, confirming how prescient he is about economics...(!)

Thank you so much for confirming my inner suspicion that I am prescient & clairvoyant. To be honest, Rickey Amaral wrote a great article years ago, wherein he mentioned about Brasil being the "food producer" for the entire world. I agreed with him. Then came Cel.Ederson (Limpopo's uncle) who wrote about the moss taking over the "corn belt". The "chain of events" has shown that we are all right.Only the time will tell. smilies/sad.gif

As for the Chinese Garlic: I don't go in for it. Our state is "Garlic & Onion" state ( costs a bit more than the garlic imported from PRC-so what?). The next time I run into our Governor, I'd propose that he renames my state as "The Land of Garlic&Onion", just IL is known as "The land of Lincoln". Any Objections?smilies/tongue.gif

BTW, is "Wisconsinite" a sort of precious mineral? Ple confirm ASP (a.k.a. ASAP).smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, October 01, 2013

deadly lines

Now that your govt is shuttered and closed, do you think you guys will be able to survive?smilies/cry.gif
written by asp, October 01, 2013
well, joao, since cata is your guru , i reccomend he stay at your place free of charge where you can listen to him 24/7
asp
written by João da Silva, October 01, 2013

well, joao, since cata is your guru , i reccomend he stay at your place free of charge where you can listen to him 24/7

I shall be happy to take your suggestion and host our friend philosopher and guide Dr.L.C. in my ramshackle hut. In the meantime, request you to host our other scholarly friend Mr.Simpleton in your Cabana. We have to help our friends when your govt is completely broke and nonfunctional?smilies/sad.gifsmilies/cry.gif
written by asp, October 01, 2013
forget about it, joao, simpleton is egnigmatic enough now, i cant understand his cryptic posts half the time , im not going to put up with that 24/7

actualy nobody is going to get nearthe fuking cabana with me in it, fuk you hard leg mother fukers
It Is What It Is
written by Costinha is my uncle, October 02, 2013

Meu Querido John of the Silva:

Thank you for the warmest of welcome… I believe time has come so that I will have this entire GRINGALHADA doing the brake dance in no time!

Remember americans are EXCEPTIONAL EXCEPT if you are:

Non-white, Non-Homosexual and Non-Christian.

Costinha is my uncle.
Taking Your Orders
written by Costinha is my uncle, October 02, 2013

Who is the first exceptional to do La Cucaracha?
USA, a country of the future (third world)
written by Simpleton, October 02, 2013
So now that both the house and senate democratic leaders say they accept the top line house budget number why doesn't the senate just vote to accept a budget identical to that of the one the house accepted? At that point we have clean concurrent resolution not to be mistaken by this misnomered "clean" continuing resolution. It's non-binding and the POTUS gets no vote on that but at that point, at least according to the head of the senate appropriations commitee, everything is all set to proceed normally and quickly with putting the twelve required appropriations bills together and put to a vote. Put passed appropriations bills in front of the POTUS to either sign into law or veto. Stop giving him this "I will not negotiate" / "I promise I will veto" out.
Uncle rides
written by Simpleton, October 03, 2013
She climbed up and sat upon my dimpled knee
A glow of joy rising in her eye
She bounced and laughed and giggled with glee
Higher and higher and harder and harder she rode
Til at last I had to plee
Please dear take it easy, you're bruizing me
And then she spun and onward strove
Ever faster and deeper and onto her end
At last she collapsed all spent as I
It was all good and well her horsey had died

See Costinha, even little girls like you liked to have their uncles give them a rough and tumble horsey ride. I'm sure you remember that part of your childhood quite fondly.
All that for me???
written by Costinha is my uncle, October 03, 2013

Simple ... Thanks for thinking of me, I'm touched.

I'm done using your EGO as a urinal.

Kisses
Simpleton
written by Lloyd Cata, October 03, 2013
"... top line house budget number"; simpleton - [#768B] agreed by Dems(?) The "number" is not the issue. Dems don't like that number, but accepted to preserve 'sanity'(?)

#ACA/#ObamaCare is #TheLaw; approved by Congress, validated by US Supreme Court, and confirmed by the 2012 elections(!) Economic blackmail is not the "American Values" that 'exceptional government' wants/needs/can portray to the world(?)

Its about that little sentence on the US Dollar; "In God We Trust"(!) Not so much...(?)

The world cannot operate on the basis of #CasinoAmerica, when day-by-day they see such a "rigged game", to be the world standard currency? There are "Consequences of Success" for everything the GOP has done; none good(!)
The Prolific Twitterati
Geez, "suspended' from Twitter again(!)

Free rides on 'uncles' lap for whoever can figure out which "breadcrumb" got me the boot...(?) AngryBirds are sooo sensitive; not like BrazzilForum at all smilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/wink.gif

BTW, Joao ...http://www.vidaliaonion.org [World's most 'exceptional' onion] picked by "immigration policy" holdouts smilies/sad.gifsmilies/shocked.gifsmilies/cry.gif
Waking Up To Reality
http://goo.gl/Lkq3BH

See, it is not my 'opinion' that counts in the least; however the American people, and the rest of the world, do not take such ignorance lightly(?)

Senate just adjourned after more NRA-supported gun-play...smilies/sad.gifsmilies/angry.gifsmilies/cry.gif
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, October 03, 2013

BTW, Joao ...http://www.vidaliaonion.org [World's most 'exceptional' onion] picked by "immigration policy" holdouts

Thanks for further educating me on onion, L.C. I very much appreciate it.The lesson of the day was this:

Cooking without onions is like leaving your house without any underwear on.

smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
Joao
World's most 'exceptional' onion - LC

Thanks for further educating me on onion - Joao

smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif Didn't want you to "get it twisted"; there are 'exceptional' people/places/things about the Good old USA, as there are in 'every' nation in the world(?) Sadly, the USA government is not "exceptional/functional/eligible" to rule the world, even if it 'presumes' to do so(?)

I feel lonely when no onions around; everywhere they call to me, and before you know it, I have no underwear on(...!) smilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif
Why Is A Woman Like An Onion?
...because I know how you Brasilieros 'think' smilies/shocked.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cool.gif
Underwear Schmunderwear
written by Simpleton, October 03, 2013
http://www.theonion.com/articl...-of,34062/

Really LC, Wikipedia has a nice concise explanation for it all under the title "Appropriation Bill". That's what's normal, that's how it is supposed to work. I did not elect Obama to be King / Emperor / Dictator / Tyrant but that's what he's done with the backing of his obstructionist DEM supporters in the senate. An appropriations bill signed into law along with the companion funding bill will hold him and everyone else accountable. His senate won't even take up the VA appropriations bill the house has sent them why should they take up the dirty slip and slide my way out continuing resolution the senate sent after refusing to negotiate? Trying to gain a cheap out with no accountability via a continuing resolution is his farce-full way of not doing his job. No doubt it will manage to gain the DEMs political advantage in the future but how can they really stand up and say Obamacare would be truly dead if he unilaterally treated ALL americans equally by delaying the individual mandate for a year and rescinded a few of his favoritism proclamations?
No Time Like The Present...
http://goo.gl/hCkJY2 ...See that grinning 4-star Imperialist/Crusader ready and willing to kill Africans(podium)?

http://t.co/doUX2iFLTS ...The African nation announced its departure, saying it will "never be a member of any neo-colonial institution".

Without Africa those European's would be paupers, and the Empire ...(?)

AFRICOM is not only evil, the last hope of the Imperialists, the foundation of crusaders, colonialism, slavery, and genocide(!) South America knows all that from its 'history' with Southern Command(?)

That QE-$4T will have to be 'spent' and it doesn't matter what it buys, as long as it becomes more than straw for donkeys. Like 'financing' new wars(!!!)

See, Lula was not quite right(?) The Glorious Chairman Bernanke was not "throwing money from helicopters"; he still has it, and means to use it when the time is right(!) That's why no rampant 'dollar-inflation'[yet].

Brazil will get more than its share, because 'suddenly' dollars will appear in Brazil more plentiful than drugs, and that's how the "imported-dollar-inflation" will recolonize the BRICs. Some economists say Brazil should not even be in the BRIC Alliance, and they mean to prove it...(!)
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, October 03, 2013

Some economists say Brazil should not even be in the BRIC Alliance, and they mean to prove it...(!)

For Chrissake, Lloyd, BRIC (or is it PRIC?), was coined by an Irish-American. I doesn't take "Some Economists" to say Brasil should not be in the BLOC. Nor should be S.A. B & R can easily get around without I & C.

Of course, it is the opinion of a humble peasant that is trying to grow Onion & Garlic. smilies/cool.gif You may have "In God We Trust" on your currency.But...but...but..., I intend proposing to Mdme.Rousseff to print "In Garlic & Onion", we trust" on ours. If she is unwilling, ah ain't going to get upset, but...but...but.. keep on planting O & G all over the state.smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif

Cheers
Simpleton
It takes Senate, House, and Presidents signature to 'create' a Law. You don't get to make it half-Law, or negotiable Law(?) There is 'nothing' to negotiate(!) As with 'every' Law, the President must 'defend/administer' the Law(.)

Certainly, Obama has let some people 'delay' the Law selectively, but sometimes the cop gives the ticket and sometimes a warning(?) When he chooses to 'enforce' the Law, you don't get to ask why he let the 'other guy' get off...(?) The result will be exactly what you see happening to the GOP fanatics, huh?

That 'one year' delay; the GOP wants to move the Law into the 2014 campaign as an 'issue' and the Dem/Obama answer is NO! Then the GOP "minority-of-the-minority" decides to commit economic suicide; "We'll jump...", to which Obama/Dems say, "Go ahead and jump..."(Government Shutdown) Ooops...!

Everone in the forum knows that I am no Obama-fan, but the Law and God's Justice is all I depend on, and people who try to subvert the Law; ...well, they are the same people who will be 'voting' to send drones, bombs, and bullets to "Police-The-World"(?) Let's just say that by my measure/opinion such ignorance is unacceptable/unexceptional(!)

Your welcome to disagree, but "Ignorance Is Popular", so I am certainly not surprised that Media/Politicians/Citizens are caught up in the Circus, where Obama can't decide whether he should be riding the donkey or cleaning up after the elephants(...?)
LC for Essential Appointee
written by Simpleton, October 04, 2013
Ya, you're right, Obama can pick and choose who is essential and who is not, all for the circus' sake.

More on (moron?) Onions: https://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/archives/parsons/publications/onions/onionhis.html

What's the matter, Ewe Costinha? Diction, spelling or conjugation problems? Cleave, cleaver, clever, cleavage? Eh, shaddap Ewe Face!
LC for Essential Appointee
Ya, you're right, Obama can pick and choose who is essential and who is not all for the circus' sake.

More on (moron?) Onions: https://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/archives/parsons/publications/onions/onionhis.html

What's the matter, Ewe Costinha? Diction, spelling or conjugation problems? Cleave, cleaver, clever, cleavage? Eh, shaddap Ewe face!

Sorry about the enigmatism asp. Wouldn't bother you at all up front in person for sure since vocally, I hardly ever make a sound. You know I would BMOB and we would certainly disappear off to the far sides of the clubs encroaching on your cabana any time you were there. Might be an advantage in that for you - we could be bush beaters and send that fine meat your way for the slaughter. Would the donation of a small generator, a hotplate, a coffee pot and a decent stereo system be enough of a bribe to intrude for the nights you're not rockin' it?
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, October 04, 2013

More on (moron?) Onions

Simp, I am overwhelmed with the enthusiastic support L.C. and you are giving me in my relentless effort to grow onion & Garlic and thwart the attempts of PRC to dump their produce on unsuspecting Brasilians. Vidalia onion from GA, Sweet TX onion which was later sent to WI! But...but...but... have you guys ever heard of the world famous Ituporanga onion? They even have Onion Festival. Posting a picture of the participants:

Rep Moran from MA is hearing impaired
This DEM representative just showed one of the perks he is getting by presidential fiat while defending his right to his employer providing him health insurance instead of having to go to the federal market place like the majority he represents. He said that for one of the best health care plans available from Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) he pays about 6000 a year while his employer covers about 70 percent of the premiums for his family plan that includes his daughter. For me to have BCBS coverage for the same family size under one of the worst health care plans available in the new federal market place (where I am being forced to go to) it will cost me over twice that and I have nowhere near the resources and income he has nor an employer contributing to the premiums. I paid over one and half times what he said he paid for a much lower grade product. Now I have to pay more than double for an even lower grade product even though it's got the full backing and support of the US government. I can't even continue on with what I had before like Obama promised. How is that fair?

LC: " Why Is A Woman Like An Onion?
...because I know how you Brasilieros 'think'" - please elaborate.

I would love to pluck from the ground and just bite into of those "world famous Ituporanga onion"s that Joao mentioned like I used to do with Vidalia onions near Big Sandy Texas but we can't get them here. Diseases and infections (mainly Thrips).

Simpleton
written by João da Silva, October 04, 2013

LC: " Why Is A Woman Like An Onion?
...because I know how you Brasilieros 'think'" - please elaborate.

I second your motion and demand that L.C. elaborate. ASP sais you are enigmatic and you imply L.C. is more enigmatic. All confusing ole boy.

So Obama-care is quite controversial (from what you say), eh? Been reading and studying about it. Yet to form an opinion and once I do, shall talk more about it. The SUS (at least in our state) is not too bad.

I would love to pluck from the ground and just bite into of those "world famous Ituporanga onion"s that Joao mentioned like I used to do with Vidalia onions near Big Sandy Texas but we can't get them here.

I do it everyday, Simp. O & G grown "organic fertilizers" (Read: Chicken scheisse, minhoca, etcsmilies/wink.gif are great. Really looking forward to growing some good veggies during our spring/summer.

Cheers & take care.
Decrypting LC
written by Simpleton, October 05, 2013
Joao, clearly you are welcome to DEMAND things from LC. I just made a humble request.

Here's a BrainyQuote from Leslie Bibb that might (or might not) help us decipher what LC's train of thought was and how it involves his perception of "Brasilieros"(sic) way of thinking:
"I do have body-image issues, just like everyone else. I mean, I wish I had bigger boobs. And I hate my butt. I want an onion butt - you know, a butt that'll bring tears to your eyes" smilies/grin.gif
Paixão Nacional
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, October 05, 2013

"I do have body-image issues, just like everyone else. I mean, I wish I had bigger boobs. And I hate my butt. I want an onion butt - you know, a butt that'll bring tears to your eyes"

This is funny and totally d-cipherable and I bet ASP is happy (BTW, where the heck is he?) that you are not enigmatic.

Joao, clearly you are welcome to DEMAND things from LC. I just made a humble request.

I didn't demand anything from LC. Merely exercising my rights to obtain more clarifications on his statements. Maybe he is "consulting" with his missus how to answer our request (?).

BTW, during our long and happy association with LC, I have noticed that he is another "Sim, Senhora" type. smilies/smiley.gif ie; Unless you have some useful info to counter my point.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif

Cheers. The weather at ASP's Cabana is awesome.smilies/cool.gif
Where abouts unknown
written by Simpleton, October 05, 2013
Joao: "(BTW, where the heck is he?)" - donno, most plausible explanation: He is in his cabana knee deep in onions!

I've been waiting for a come back from Costinha as well. She has no idea how truly concerned we are for her. Diction problem? That can probably be solved with a little oral hygiene - get your brother's pubic hairs and dingleberries out of your teeth. Spelling problem? Still waiting on the senate to vote on funding the NIH - only they could possibly come up with a cure for her spells. Conjugation problem? Although asp has repeatedly instructed her to go f_ck herself and I'm of the opinion she likes doing that and does so often, I'm not so confident she will achieve isogamy.smilies/shocked.gif
Knowledge Is The Art Of Discovery
written by Lloyd Cata, October 06, 2013
...?
http://goo.gl/u3rLTO Who saw that coming? "Only God knew about this," she said.

Any further 'questions' about women and onions can be referred to PSB HQ smilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif, b-b-but peeling back the layers only reveals another woman(?) Saudi Arabia has women, too(?) A Brasiliero in Riyadh has a tasteless 'dining' experience? Perhaps Asp will explain his Wahabi allies perspective on onions, but I supspect he prefers shallots(!) smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/shocked.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

Men build the foundations upon which the Society rests, but it is women who change the Society(?...)
...And Now My Question
What is Brasils 'immediate' priority; Foundation or Social change(?)

Because "change" is coming, and $4T will buy everything Brazil has FOR SALE(?) The Empire must 'restore' its foundation, which has been badly damaged by economic fraud/ignorance(QE-x) Brazil is a 'piece' of that foundation, so ...on whose foundation shall Brazilian Society rest(?) That will depend upon how much Social change can be determined by $4T(.)

Marina joins Left-Right Alliance, and there are "friends with money"(?) Egypt is changing too..."Profits of Demonstrations/Chaos"? The money is coming your way, whether you like it or not, and my advice is to 'spend' it quickly, before it buys your foundation and changes your society(?...)

So, we return to Corruption as the greatest threat to Brazil(?) Never has so much money corrupted any society than what is happening in the USA today. A small band of well-financed media-driven Tea Party anarchists have damaged the American foundation/constitution(!) Democracy was not invented in the USA(...?) Humanity will 'never' bow to the "exceptionalism of the few", but QE-$4T will certainly change foundations and societies around the world(!!!)
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, October 06, 2013

Men build the foundations upon which the Society rests, but it is women who change the Society

Sort of agree with ya. Men do build the foundation.Agreed. But...but...but... screaming and yelling women do not change, but...but...but damage the society.smilies/cry.gif If you are in doubt about what ah say, ask your wife.smilies/wink.gif

Mah distant cousin hasn't impressed me so far, because she seems to be going around the heels of your European masters. But...but...but... if your large and extended family in MG is appreciative of and wants her to be the next POB, please feel free to campaign for her.smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif

Cheers
written by asp, October 06, 2013
joao....yes....yes....yes....ive been enjoying the cabana

anyone practicing fundimental islam aint going to see squat compared to what ive been seeing in the last two days...

WE WON...THE BEACH CLUBS CAN CONTINUE THIS YEAR...SEE, THAT IS THE REAL BRAZILIAN AUTHORITY SAYING ITS OK...NOT DUMB LIARS TRYING TO SAY THERE ARE PROSTITUTES SOLICITING...THERE ARNT...GOOD HAS TRIUMPHED OVER EVIL...
written by asp, October 06, 2013
yes...good booty has triumphed over evil uptightness

speaking of enigmatic

simps can you try to explain in basic language what is wrong with obamacare? because i just dont see what the bs fuss by the republicans is...they really fuked up..totaly

just when the country is getting slowly back on track, these idiots want to jeprodise the economy again...just like when we had the most prosperity ever under clinton, these bitches are going after his sex life...these are some really f**ked up bitches...fuk them , fuk the republicans
Clit-on
written by Simpleton, October 06, 2013
Ya asp, what happened to Clinton sucked. He was forced to balance the budget and bring prosperity just like they're trying to force Obama to do right now. Budgets, continuing resolutions, borrowing limits . . ., just tools of the trade.

The individual mandate of Obamacare is in effect a tax on the working poor. Seems oppressive / unfair. Obama does not delay it for one year like he did for everyone else nor does he grant them exemptions like he has (thus far) done for those he favors. The rich get richer - it's the American way.

Enigmatic Explanation: Yes the working poor can get cheap insurance whereas before maybe they could not but it comes at a cost. If someone is not right at, or just above, the poverty line they have to shell out money for the premiums AFTER the tax credit gimmes every month. Alternatively they have to pay a 2% penalty on their entire income. That's a great bargain! (but it still costs them an extra 2% out of their pocket) If they can squeeze out the extra bucks each month to get into the insured category they get a few perks like a free health screening each year at zero cost. If it's just a husband and wife they also get what works out to be an effective 15+/- percent penalty for each extra 1000 they make due to their extra portion of the cost of the forced insurance coverage after reducing it by the tax credits (which reduces as their income rises). Remember that that is 15 percent more coming out of their pocket for each 1000 additional income on top of whatever income taxes they may have to pay on that 1000. If they're above the working poor category, all it means is they get to pay something like 25%-100% more for their artificially inflated insurance premiums in 2014 as compared to 2013.

I am all for good health care for everyone across the board. In the long run that will save everyone money. I damn sure don't want to see socialistic medicine like in Canada (and OMG, do dare I say Brasil?) come to the EUA.
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, October 06, 2013

I am all for good health care for everyone across the board. In the long run that will save everyone money. I damn sure don't want to see socialistic medicine like in Canada (and OMG, do dare I say Brasil?) come to the EUA.

Socialistic medicine in Canada & Brasil? You heard of NHS in the good ole U.K., Simp? Is it socialistic medicine there too?

While I am not in favor of obligatory insurance with penalty clause of (2%,like you say) in your or any country, I still think OBAMA care is a good start. It could be improved in the weeks or months ahead and ASP is absolutely right.Of course, he has the luxury of having "the best of both worlds".smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif
"Your comment must be approved by an administrator"
written by Lloyd Cata, October 07, 2013
http://goo.gl/XaZUdB - left a comment here for Ricky, but the 'censors' struck once again smilies/sad.gifsmilies/shocked.gifsmilies/angry.gif When I locate the *administrator* I'll be sure to let you know...

Simpletons ObamaCare analysis is better than WSJ/Bloomberg/FT B-S(!) What the GOP hates is the 'taxing/enforcement' provisions(?) You see, under ObamaCare, the *IRS* will make sure everyone plays fair, and you see what these anarchists, as well as most people, think of the dreaded IRS? Not paying taxes - and not paying health care - could land you in jail(!)
written by asp, October 07, 2013
JUST IN, CANADA DISCOVERED SPYING ON BRAZIL ALSO, STOP THE PRESSES, CALL A UN MEETING, DILMA SHOULD GO UP THERE AND GIVE A GREAT BIG SPEECH DECRYING CANADA BREAKING INTO EVERYONES PRIVACY...MY GOD...THE HORROR..I JUST KNOW CHINA WOULD NEVER DO SUCH A THING

yeah,too enigmatic, simp...and, your take on clinton and obama balancing budgets could be harmless, except the deregulated hyper predatory capatalism that failed so badly under the republican administration really almost did us fuking in big time..i have never seen any s**t like that in my lifetime...as though its so easy to fix...slowly but surly, under obama..we are pulling back up..that s**t isnt just fixed over night

and these punk ass republicans are holding us hostage now...i hoped they tank big time
written by Simpleton, October 07, 2013
US Federal Prisoner - US$127,000 per year all benefits included, no tazation. US Congressmen (rank and file Senator / Representative) - base salary US$174,000.

And here's how to get out of the working poor status in brasil:

http://br.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120803195631AAdxDLv

(Salaria minimo is now R$678?)
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, October 07, 2013

http://goo.gl/XaZUdB - left a comment here for Ricky, but the 'censors' struck once again smilies/sad.gifsmilies/shocked.gifsmilies/angry.gif When I locate the *administrator* I'll be sure to let you know...

Ah dunno L.C. you seem to be one hell of a paranoiac "first, last & only" Native American.Ah saw your devastating comments in that thread after that of Rickey's. Rickey is a nice and well bred Brasilian unlike the Silvas and ah don't think he is capable of suppressing free speech. U have to understand the server is located in L.A. and the "moderator" doesn't get to work until your lunch time.

Tone down your paranoia, ole boy and you may live to be 100 years. smilies/smiley.gif

Cheers as usual.
Just give it a Pelosi Pass and ask questions later
LC: I have no clue what got me off of the "administrators" sh_t list finally. For some months now it hasn't happened to me again (i.e. ever since I stopped trying to comment to Ricky and clicked a green + on one of Joao's comments.)

Everyone under the federal poverty level gets medicaid. No Obamacare insurance required. Everyone between 100 percent of that level (or 133 percent if their state of residency allows it at that state's own discretion) up until 400 percent of that level get some degree of subsidization (100 percent descending to 0 percent) but they have to scrape together the bucks to pay for it. People like me who are or would have ended up on the un-insurable or un-insurable for any price they could afford list can now be insured. Call it good luck or whatever you would like but I had affordable unsubsidized insurance before ObamaCare's apparent sometimes / someplaces / somefolks applicability of the law kicked in.

These Democrats decrying that postponing the individual mandate by one year and not giving themselves their usual perks will end up killing ObamaCare and that the Republicans are afraid of it because people will like it so much are overstating their case. Those saying they gave the house republicans everything they asked for probably don't have a clue what they are talking about either.

Why did the senate take the house CR, strike everything after the first word and insert complete replacement text? (That's the bill the senate sent over and are calling a "clean" CR). I haven't used my Optical Character Reader capability at the house for quite a few years but I'm curious as to what exactly they changed. ("Change from" / "Change to" markups can be very telling.)

What percentage pray tell of those 100-400 percenters and unfortunates like me are going to swing from being independents or republicans to being democrats if things are done fairly and equally for all? What a great damn reason to not even come to the table to negotiate, not to even vote on piecemeal funding of "critical" elements of "discretionary" spending the government does that are not in contention at this date.
Knowing The Truth & Telling The Truth
written by Lloyd Cata, October 08, 2013
- Simp

I'll never be "off the list"; it doesn't work that way(...!)

People like me who are or would have ended up on the un-insurable or un-insurable for any price they could afford list can now be insured. - Simp

Happy for you and the 100-400%'ers, and I also have "socialized health care(VA)", so ObamaCare doesn't change yours(lower premium 'inflation'?) or mine(...wait4it), but what it "changes" is the PremiumPrice of EmmergencyRoom visits by the Un-Insured(!) That is what bursts the bubble of the Medical Oligarchy in the USA. Those Cuban doctors will give the Brazilian 'people' more "bang4thebuck" than the entire '4Profit' system(...?) Sadly, some people would rather deny health to others rather than have a 'socialist system'. To them I say, "100 years of Denial/Greed does not forward Truth/Health"; ACA/ObamaCare is a Heritage/GOP/Romney plan(?) Funny thing about the Truth...

- Simp

#Sequestration - @johnboehner, "I got 98% of what I wanted"(!) http://goo.gl/P1LS50
#ACA/#ObamaCare - @BarackObama , "Me too..."(!)
http://goo.gl/31Rxgf
#WhatsTheProblem(?)

- Simp

Main reason I am not Obama-fan; "There is no CHANGE(!) Only acceleration of the Empirical Agenda"(...?) So, he does not 'lead' the nation, he does not 'lead' the Democratic Party/Black Community, and its questionable whether he leads in his own house...(?) The only place where he 'leads' unquestionably is the Pentagon(!)

Perhaps a 'refresher' on what a "Continuing Resolution is..."(?) It's an "affirmation" of the 98% that Boehner was so happy about, and now thinks he can trade the other 2% for ObamaCare(...?)

- Simp

I've never been a 'swinger' really. Trying to 'hold on' to Truth/Sanity is hard enough. Getting too old for BS, I guess(.?.)

Joao
written by Lloyd Cata, October 08, 2013
I am aware of the server location(trace-route), and the message is not necessarily from your moderator(...?) When you understand "how things work..."; Assange/Manning/Snowden[ http://goo.gl/fJdOa6 ]...(!) Perhaps your taking pictures in the MirrorOfHistory...(?)

As I said; "I don't mind{other venues}, and they don't matter{Truth will never die}"

Obrigado smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cool.gif
getting too old?
written by Simpleton, October 08, 2013
Feliz aniversario a mim!

LC, you have my condolences on the despicable #wait4it(VA) and my sincere appreciation for your service.

Perhaps you could do some Medical Tourism to Canada to alleviate the timing related issues through their socialistic system? I wouldn't recommend trying to go through Brasil's public health care system, COMECU or no COMECU. I've seen how that works and it's #wait4it with a positive exponent.

Brigado Nao! =):-)
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, October 08, 2013

Feliz aniversario a mim!

Simp, Many, Many, Happy Returns of the Day, my dear fellow. So you are a Libra, eh? I ain't going to ask you the year of birth, unless you volunteer the info.Whatever your age is, you are wise beyond yours.

Now go have a drink and celebrate THE DAY.I will have a cold one in your honor too.Cheers.
written by asp, October 09, 2013
yeah happy birthday , simps, and fuk republicans

snowjob, ass-ange, wo-manning? what a bunch of punk bitches...yeah, canada is spying on brazil, too...dont you dare imply china is...

what the fukis wrong with the violent protesters who break cash machines at the banks

the fuking banks are on strike...the average brazilian has to get money from the cash machines, these fuk heads are destroying things the everyday brazilian badly needs now...someone should biyotch slap these idiots six ways silly
anarchy
written by Simpleton, October 09, 2013
asp, due to your absence and previous statement that you wished to take on Black Bloc garb and join in I thought for sure I saw you out their doing your part at Camara. Like firebombing and busting up banks and businesses is really going to help solve problems hey?

Bank worker demands: increase their annual increase from 6 point something percent to 7.1 percent
Professors demands: no clue / don't know but ya gotta give them something
General inflation over the past seven years: 42 percent
Embedded (Embutido) taxes on medicines: 47 percent

fuk ALL politicians. Someone should take away their (golf) clubs and let asp have his (puta) clubs (where the gals aren't considered to be solicitous because they don't tell you what it cost you until after the fact when it's time to negotiate.)
Birthday Wishes
written by Lloyd Cata, October 09, 2013
What we wish for on our birthday, ...reflects the maturity of our desires"

Hope you get every wish, Mr. Simpleton, and I'm still wishing you get that washing machine(!!!)

A well deserved cold one, under a brilliant sunshine smilies/wink.gif
COME and GONE
written by Simpleton, October 09, 2013
Thanks Joao, asp, LC. The day passed pretty much just like any other day here lately. I had no special wishes for it so I would surmise I am fully matured. Having a cold one under a brilliant sunshine did COME.

I am coming under increasing pressure from the Dona de Casa here and the kids as well to break with my all to conservative budgetary regimen and go do what it is I normally go do during our winter months. I have been saying no I will not go, no I will not negotiate and resisting and being as intransigent as a Democrat. Maybe I will ultimately acquiesce but first I have to find a strategy to get out of falling into the Medicaid gap. Without that it's a simple matter of economics, the money is GONE, I can't afford that washing machine and I won't ask others to extend my debt limit!
asp
written by João da Silva, October 10, 2013

canada is spying on brazil, too..

Canucks spying on us, ASP? Totally unacceptable. I suggest we immediately declare war against Canada and send our brave Black Bloc warriors to wreak havoc on the streets of Toronto. Thus we pass the buck to the Canadians and ensure we have a peaceful summer.smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif
written by asp, October 11, 2013
"brave black bloc warriors"...i love your sence of humor, joao

you did hear the latest, right? they caught some skinheads for the murder of some rival skinheads, and it turns out they were also black blockers, out destroying things,,,things the average brazilian needs badly, like bank machines when the banks are on strike

so, lets see, these black blocers are a bunch of papmpered , for the most part white, some skin heads, listening to the worst music on the planet,in recife they paid thugs to participate in the violence, they are admitted anarchists and use marxist terminology...etc

this is all facts and truth, and the teachers in sao paulo just voted to support them

hey, simps, im all for teachers getting higher pay, but , descend into anarchy and violence to satisfy some dikheads marxist urges is the hight of grade d bulls**t

but, wtf, if that is what people will tolerate and support, let there be adventure for the copa and olympics...

lets just see where this goes...i sure dont know at this point, but, there are an amazingly similar elements in place like the 60's,,,with differances,,,but very educational...being in brazil is a major education for this gringo
asp
written by João da Silva, October 11, 2013

lets just see where this goes...i sure dont know at this point, but, there are an amazingly similar elements in place like the 60's,,,with differances,,,but very educational...being in brazil is a major education for this gringo

Great comment, ASP. Nobody is sure at this point, but...but...but...many question why it is so important to be so pally with Uncle Fidel's dynasty.

But...but...but...you fellow countrymen are not too happy either with your govt. According to what I read, 60% of them want to "every member of the congress".smilies/shocked.gif I wonder if our respectable fellow bloggers Simp & L.C. are among that 60%.smilies/cool.gif
asp
written by João da Silva, October 11, 2013

Perdão. I wrote:

what I read, 60% of them want to "every member of the congress".

It should read:

60% of them want to fire every member of the congress.smilies/cry.gif
written by Simpleton, October 12, 2013
Guess we could say joao had a mis-fire. Are we to take it that you are back to running on all four (all for?)?smilies/grin.gif
Reply to Joao da Silva
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, October 18, 2013

Joao, only today I read this article, I have been very busy since April with personal things...

About 2 years ago, September 4 to 6, 2011, the Chinese government invited me to participate on the Global Economic Leaders Summit 2011, but I couldn't attend at that time, because my mother had major open-heart surgery right during that period of time.

About 3 weeks ago my mother died, but her death had nothing to do with her heart or pulmonary problems, the doctor who took care of her at the end told me that she died of massive bleeding from diverticulitis.

She was fine early in the morning, then the bleeding started suddenly, and by the time she arrive in the hospital emergency room she was already dying...

The doctor explained to us briefly what diverticulitis was, and I understand this can happen to people at any age.

Regarding the above article....
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, October 19, 2013

Joao, regarding the above article:

The Middle East is a very complicated and complex area for anyone to come out with simplistic solutions for that area of the world – mainly when we consider that most people don't understand and don't have a clue about the history of the people who live in that area of the world.

Watch this video that might scratch the surface of the problems of many countries around the world:

Robert Kaplan's The Revenge of Geography – January 25, 2013
http://youtu.be/Yr4BLvv9PRQ

Time: 1 hr. 22 min.

On Thursday, January 24th, Robert Kaplan discussed his book, The Revenge of Geography, which illustrates how timeless truths and natural facts can help prevent this century's looming cataclysms.

The event was moderated by IPI Senior Adviser for External Relations, Warren Hoge.

Robert D. Kaplan - Monsoon: The Indian Ocean and the Future of American Power
http://youtu.be/WYPoSKznrOg

Time: 53 min.

Robert D. Kaplan discusses his book, "Monsoon: The Indian Ocean and the Future of American Power," presented by Harvard Book Store. Kaplan explores the shifting center of global power toward the Indian Ocean region.

Regarding the Petrobras, I am glad that they slowed down the investments in the pre-salt area – I don't think they have the technology to fix a problem if something goes wrong like the BP catastrophe in the Gulf of Mexico.

Regarding the American revolution of the shale gas – that is an American experiment that is going to end up very badly and very costly with massive damage to the environment around the country.

Regarding the Brazilian economy I am very optimistic, and I agree with the excellent outlook for the Brazilian economy in the coming years given by James Dale Davidson on his book:

"Brazil is the New America" - How Brazil Offers Upward Mobility in a Collapsing World" By: James Dale Davidson
http://www.wiley.com/WileyCDA/...04223.html

written by asp, October 19, 2013
sorry to hear about your mom passing, ricardo
Ricardo Amaral
written by João da Silva, October 19, 2013

Ricardo, please accept our condolences on your mother's passing away. May her soul RIP. I am sure you and the rest of your family will always cherish her with fond memories.
Ricardo Amaral
written by Simpleton, October 20, 2013

Sr Ricardo, you have my condolences as well.

You were informed correctly regarding diverticulitis. I have suffered on and off since my teen years. Most recently I was given the "age related" explanation for it but what the doctor saw was not deemed sufficiently severe to take surgical action on (despite being splayed open abdominally for other reasons.) The Mayo Clinic website has some pretty good info although no real answers: http://www.mayoclinic.com/heal...ION=causes
Thank you my friends....
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, October 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your caring words concerning my mother's death.

Simpleton, I never heard before about diverticulitis. This was new information for me.

Something happens to the wall of the large intestine or colon which burst suddenly, and she had a massive bleeding - by the time she arrived at the hospital emergency room she was already dying.

Everything happened very fast...and caught everybody by surprise...

Simpleton, since you had diverticulitis since you were young, then you must know what to do to take care of yourself regarding this problem.

In my mother's case we had no advance notice that she had diverticulitis
everything happened suddenly....

Ricardo
written by Lloyd Cata, October 21, 2013
Sorry about your mom, ...its never easy; the one person who is the star of your universe. Take care, my friend, it will take a moment to adjust. I.e., there are some foods that I really liked, all my life, until she was not there to fix it anymore. My 'first love', but I see something of her in my granddaughter, and I smile.

When you've learned your lessons, and are prepared to fly, its easier to say "Vaya con Dios"...
Organization of provision of bank instruments
written by Alexandra Knyazeva, November 04, 2013
"AFC LTD" company has an opportunity to organize the provision of bank instruments: L/C, SBLC, BG, LG, PG, PB, POF, POA, CCA.
Banks, of which we have the opportunity to organize bank instruments:
1) HSBC(London)
2) Standard Chartered (London)
3) RBS (London)
4) Chase Manhattan Bank (New York)
5) Toronto Dominion Bank (Toronto)
We consider the amount from U.S. $5 million.
Alexandra Knyazeva, +380967884811
desaparecimentos
written by Simpleton, November 07, 2013
Wow, who the hell is this "Alexandra Knyazeva"???? A Trojan?? Heshe apparently made over a month's worth of good discussions regarding "Can't We All Get Along Together" disappear with heshe's second post. Yes Joao, I just told my better half about all the times I've accused you of trying to drive up the post counts so you could get your disconta and my suspicions about you / Ricky having connections with the site owners and blocking me from putting out there what was on my mind at the time. I haven't yet told her about asking the second ex about putting me up for the winter. She'll understand though. Life's a bitch.
Fresh Cut BG, SBLC and MTN which are specifically for lease
written by Maxie Saviel, December 11, 2013
Dear Sir/Ma,

We have direct providers of Fresh Cut BG, SBLC and MTN which are specifically for lease. Our bank instrument can be engaged in PPP Trading, Discounting, Signature Project(s) such as Aviation, Agriculture, Petroleum, Telecommunication, Construction of Dams, Bridges, Real Estate and all kind of projects. We do not have any broker chain in our offer neither do we get involved in chauffer driven offers. We deliver with time and precision as set forth in our agreement. Our terms and Conditions are reasonable, below is our instrument description.

DESCRIPTION OF INSTRUMENTS:
1. Instrument: Bank Guarantee (BG/SBLC)
2. Total Face Value: Min of 1M Euro/USD (One Million Euro/USD) to Max of 5B Euro/USD (Five Billion Euro/USD).
3. Issuing Bank: HSBC, London or Deutsche Bank Frankfurt or any Top 25 WEB
4. Age: One Year, One Day
5. Leasing Price: 5.0% of Face Value plus (0.5+X)% commission fees to brokers.
6. Delivery: Bank to Bank SWIFT.
7. Payment: MT-103.
8. Hard Copy: Bonded Courier within 7 banking days.

All relevant business information will be provided upon request.

If Interested kindly contact me via Email:~ Maxie.finance@gmail.com
Skype ID: maxil.finance

Write comment

security code
Write the displayed characters

busy

Joomla 1.5 Templates by Joomlashack