Content : 3859
Content View Hits : 35429234

Who's Online

We have 680 guests online

Living the Moment in Brazil PDF Print E-mail
2014 - February 2014
Written by Michael Rubin   
Monday, 10 February 2014 15:36

Life on the beachMy Brazilian niece, Luiza, is getting ready for her first semester in university. I imagine she's filled with nervous excitement. Beginning with her first day, her future will be laid out before her.

In Brazil, because of the entrance exam system, the vestibular, every student must declare his/her program of study months before beginning college. When her classes begin, Luiza's entire academic program and career will be set in motion.

In the US, it's different. There, it's possible to attend university without choosing which area to focus in, known as a student's "major." In the US, even Luiza is different because in American terminology, she isn't my niece, she's my wife's niece. However, in Brazil, she's considered to be my niece, too.

When I asked my "niece" when her first day of school would be, she confessed she didn't know. I  jumped to the conclusion that she was a typically disorganized teenager not to know such an important date. My wife came to her niece's rescue, explaining that the university had not yet posted its calendar, so in fact nobody knows when the first day of classes is.

It was a surprise to discover that a large university didn't know its own schedule with the new school year starting soon. My wife commented that the school calendars this year in Brazil - universities, high schools, grammar schools - are a mess because of the World Cup. The schools are changing their 2014 calendars because they want to have the usual "winter break" (July) between semesters coincide with the World Cup, June 12 - July 13.

For me, the most interesting aspect of Luiza's university schedule is how Brazil is more  focused on the present than the future. For example, FIFA has been critical of Brazil's inability to have the 12 stadiums ready for World Cup, missing FIFA's December 31 deadline.

Yet rather than express surprise that the stadium in Curitiba, for example, will not be completed until April at the earliest, even without the originally planned roof, a more common reaction among Brazilians is, "Why did FIFA set the deadline so early? As long as the stadiums are ready the night before the first game, isn't that enough?"

Are Brazilians right? Is it critical that the stadiums be ready six months before the World Cup? Perhaps it's better to be focused on today rather than worrying about tomorrow. Perhaps some countries, like the US, are obsessed with productivity, so that getting a project done on time becomes the most important element, rather than taking time off at the beach with one's family and completing the project a little late.

Americans and Europeans and the Japanese cannot understand why when they arrange meetings with Brazilian business people, the Brazilians arrive late. Perhaps Brazilians are the ones who actually appreciate the value of time more than others. Is being on time the most important goal in life?

There are numerous examples of the Brazilian attitude to living for today. For instance, in Curitiba where I live, it's common to drive to work on Monday morning and find one street you always drive to your office has changed direction. It was a two-way street, but over the weekend it became one way. It is rare to change traffic patterns in an American or European city because it alters our everyday working world unexpectedly.

Living in the present, like a Brazilian, encourages flexibility because there is less focus on the future. Since we cannot predict the future with any accuracy, why attempt to? Why not allow for change in daily life as it is the natural course of the universe. Brazilians are more resilient and flexible because the future is not fixed in their plans.

This is not to say that the Brazilian lifestyle of living in the present is flawless; problems arise. One Brazilian family intended to travel to Disney World, but it didn't happen. After the parents secured the vacation time from their jobs, they didn't plan adequately in advance to secure passports and tourist visas in time for their travel dates.

When Brazilian culture mixes with other cultures, like the US, where schedules are more strict, there can be conflicts. However, when Brazilians are inside their own country and plans aren't successful, it's not a crisis. Another Brazilian family was expecting to take a trip to the beach but they forgot to have the mechanic check their car.

On the day they were leaving, the car wouldn't start. Instead, they took a tourist train through the mountains from Curitiba to Morretes and had a new adventure, rather than returning to the same beach they'd been to many times. No one was disappointed about the change in plans.

In this way, Brazilians are like children, affable and supple, the way a child can be crying and then laughing a minute later. A Brazilian can tell the same story to the same person several times, and both the storyteller and the listener will enjoy it each time.

Brazilians take delight in the simplest of pleasures; they appreciate what they are fortunate enough to have. They are not as spoiled or demanding as Americans because they are accustomed to having less. Brazilians have lower expectations than Americans.

Brazilians live for today and try to avoid the anxiety of worrying about the future. It's the same approach to life that has been the basis for Eastern religious philosophy for thousands of years. As the British Zen Buddhism expert Alan Watts wrote:

"The future is still not here, and cannot become a part of experienced reality until it is present. Since what we know of the future is made up of purely abstract and logical elements - inferences, guesses, deductions - it cannot be eaten, felt, smelled, seen, heard, or otherwise enjoyed. To pursue it is to pursue a constantly retreating phantom, and the faster you chase it, the faster it runs ahead."

If my wife's niece doesn't know when her university classes begin, she is probably happier because there's less reason to be anxious. When her friends are sending her text messages about classes starting tomorrow, she will know it's time.

Michael Rubin is an American living in Curitiba, Brazil. He is the editor of the online magazine, Curitiba in English. (www.curitibainenglish.com.br)

Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
Reddit! Del.icio.us! Mixx! Free and Open Source Software News Google! Live! Facebook! StumbleUpon! TwitThis Joomla Free PHP
Comments (189)Add Comment
Michael Rubin
written by João da Silva, February 10, 2014

A great article (though has certain flaws) and my kudos.

Just out of curiosity: What discipline is Luiza going to enroll into?

In the US, even Luiza is different because in American terminology, she isn't my niece, she's my wife's niece. However, in Brazil, she's considered to be my niece, too.

What's wrong in her being "your" nice? It is very common in Brasil for the youngsters to refer to older folks as "tios" or "tias" though they are not related. It is a very polite form that is acceptable and appreciated by our society.

All the best to Luiza.

written by Thaddeus Gregory Blanchette, February 10, 2014
Dear Michael,

"Brazilians are like children"?

Holy s**t, man. It takes some balls to utter that sort of simplistic, patronizing statement in this day and age. I mean, I pretty much thought most U.S. universities (you got a university education, right?) taught their students to be a bit more reflective regarding ethnocentrism and orientalism (not to mention racism and imperialism) than that!

I guess not.

Let me clue you in on a couple things, Michael.

First of all, there is no "Brazilian culture" - or "American culture", for that matter. Both nations have cultures, plural. They vary, sometimes widely.

Here's an example of how that works: apparently, you, an American, feel that your wife's nieces and nephews by marriage aren't YOUR nieces and nephews. That's cool. I know families like that (aqui no Brasil, inclusive). But that particular bit of "culture" is not "American". In my family, which is as "American" as yours, nieces and nephews are nieces and nephews: by blood or marriage, it makes no formal difference, just like you've found in "Brazil".

News flash: there are Brazilians who are incredibly uptight about schedules and Americans who aren't. The problem with our football stadiums has nothing to do with "Brazilians' childlike attitudes" and everything to do with corruption, piss-poor planning and the inevitable f**k-ups that will occur in any project of this size, especially in a country that's never done one before.

I teach at UFRJ. We've known when classes would start since early last year. Most of the federal universities I know are in the same boat. I think pretty much any Brazilian educator I know would at the very least raise an eyebrow to find out that the university your niece is attending hasn't got its schedule down yet. In fact, I'll make a bet with you: I bet that if Luiza is going to a Federal school, it does indeed have its calendar laid out.

Perhaps you'd like to tell us what school it is?
Calma
written by Simpleton, February 10, 2014
Tad, don't take things so serious. Just because the author used the example of the stadium construction schedules (which you object to) doesn't make what he's trying to say underneath it all untrue. Yes, you can argue that for the vast majority of brasileiros appointed hours, the date and time you're supposed to meet with someone at a specific place, etc., etc., etc., appears very very often to be just a "suggestion". Everything will in fact work out in the end but there almost always something, some reason, some new consideration that came up five minutes after a plan was set in stone (from an American's viewpoint) that somehow didn't warrant any attempt to contact or renegotiate the situation and attempt to replan. The brasileiro will just let s**t happen and the other party will just have to accept the "excuse" once they connect after the fact. What can one expect from folks that are used to getting in line and waiting like forever just to get a number to get into another line to wait like forever to get services? Brasileiros do take it all in stride much better than most.

Hey, maybe Luiza doesn't even have a CEP so the U couldn't even mail her her coursework registration materials. Have you seen the recent news about schools that had to delay the beginning of classes because the contracted profs just didn't show? Me, I had to declare which of the various colleges within the university I was going to be associated with so they could assign me the mandatory "advisor". It took them over two and half years to finally track me down to ensure I was personally informed in person that my advisor had to meet with me. What "major" I ended up in was essentially by force. At the meeting I was given two weeks to either declare to him one, or by default, he was going to put me in one of his choosing lest I file a lawsuit.
written by asp, February 11, 2014
what a fuking patronising article...full of stereotyping bullsh!t... "brazilians"...i never go into a rap about "brazilians this brazilians that"...brazil is a huge country, with tremendous differance of opinions...most people are just adapting to incompetances that come up in daily life, i never peg s**t that happens as because people are "brazilians"...rubin is just not adapting to the trade offs that all countries have if you compare them...he thinks he is, but his nessecity to keep breaking it down into "brazilians" , shows his psych out
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, February 11, 2014

Tad, don't take things so serious.

Simp, I must protest for slightly being inconsistent in your viewpoints. When Dr.TGB is making serious and factual comments, you are implying that he is too serious.smilies/sad.gif
and there you have it
written by Simpleton, February 11, 2014
"most people are just adapting to incompetances (sic) that come up in daily life" - years ago I took about three months of chiropractor treatments before the guy came out and said point blank that he may have been treating me wrong. Just one visit to the right DO and wallah, what was making me incredibly miserable was over with and he told me he didn't feel he need to see me again but if I felt the need to, I could just call him.

Still waiting on our scholar from the diploma mills to tell us the pre-selection of a major prior to the freshman year along with the pre-programmed nature of the federal university are total bunk.
written by Célio Borba, February 11, 2014

A great article (though has certain flaws) and my kudos.

O calor derreteu o seu cérebro, seu João? smilies/angry.gif Outra bosta de artigo. Desta vez, o ilustre professor e o doutor ASP estão escrevendo comentários mais inteligentes do que V.Sa.smilies/sad.gif
Info
written by Michael Rubin, February 12, 2014
Thank you, João, for your kind Comments. In answer to your question, my niece Luiza is an architecture major. She's attending PUC in Curitiba. I will pass along your best wishes to her.
written by Thaddeus Gregory Blanchette, February 12, 2014
Please follow this link, Michael, and ask Luiza to translate for you...

http://www.pucpr.br/arquivosUpload/5379391411384178147.pdf

That's a resolution, passed on 11.09.2013, stating that classes will commence at PUC Curitiba on the 3rd of February (which, incidently, has been their starting date for the last two years).

Now, perhaps some emergency has popped up which has forced PUC to delay the start of class. This happens, even in the perfectly planned utopia called the United States. But if that's the case, the problem here is not due to "Brazilians' childlike natures" and inability to plan.

Here's a second hypothesis: Luiza and her aunt find it difficult to translate to you what the real problem is and so have just given you a gloss which you have accepted as truth. Alternatively, Luiza's belief that "the calender hasn't been posted yet" is indeed due to typical adolescent semi-childishness. She couldn't be arsed to properly discover something like this and has given her aunt and uncle a line of BS. That's Luiza's problem with childishness, not Brazil's.

It's quite easy to fool Americans about things like this in Brazil, you know, because Americans have such an innocent, child-like and trustworthy nature. They'll pretty much believe anything a Brazilian friend or loved-one tells them.

Y'know, it occurs to me Michael, that PUC's lawyers could actually have a slander case against you, given the fact that you are apparently A) a recognized journalist, publishing Curitiba in English under Brazilian law and B) can't be bothered to check your facts.

I very much doubt they'd bother and they'd look like right bastards if they did, but you might want to do a bit of duly diligent fact-checking before publishing stuff like this in the future. As someone who lives in Brazil, you are subject to Brazilian law and slander is slander - here or in the U.S., for that matter.

written by João da Silva, February 12, 2014

O calor derreteu o seu cérebro, seu João?

Calma meu caro. Tu perdeu o senso de humor com esse calor? smilies/wink.gif
once again
written by Simpleton, February 12, 2014
tad has supplied useless and faulty research that aids no one. You've done Luiza no favors tad and have belittled and berated this kid and or her parents. Yes your link shows the basic plan for the school year but surely does not tell the girl exactly where and at exactly what hours her actual classes for the semester are going to be. One could surmise from the info you pointed to that she would be informed of these sometime between day 20 and day 31 January with whatever classes she was supposed to be in presumably starting on day 3 February. Take a look at article 2 and the table in article 4. You and your kind can't seem to even manage math and writing. Since when is 213 duzentos e quatorze, etc., etc., etc.? Just another example of asp's critique of incompetence coming from folks at your level and higher? Solidly justified is yet another one of your ad hominem attacks cleverly disguised.
Simpleton

once again

Ah should have listened to ya before.smilies/sad.gif

I could easily make out that Michael has a satirical humor which not many would appreciate. That was the reason for my kudos to him. smilies/cheesy.gif

The life is not easy for him (nor for us). Surrounded by "mulharadas" telling him what and what not to do (since he is in an alien land) & pedreiros, encanadores, instaladores, etc; his mum-in-law arranged to "fix" his house not turning up at the exact hour, day, month and year they were supposed to appear? I sympathize with him and he has my full support to bring "Ordem & Progresso" first to his lar and then next to CTA,PR & Brasil(in that order).smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

Cheers

I very much doubt they'd bother and they'd look like right bastards if they did, but you might want to do a bit of duly diligent fact-checking before publishing stuff like this in the future.

What if they decide to sue you also for calling them bastards?
Dude, you are making the proverbial "tempestade em copo de água".smilies/angry.gif
written by Simpleton, February 12, 2014
Yep Joao, the author did do an admirable job ("though has certain flaws" as you indicated). Tad and asp are welcome to likening it to pulling a boat load of crap together if so be their druthers. I wouldn't expect Borba(leta) to understand but I wouldn't compare this bosta to the other article so labeled.

BTW, not all of what Tad contributed was unworthy of saying. They say that impulse control is primarily a function of the frontal lobes and that damage there (from something like a knock on the head vs a lobotomy) can cause people to lash out, lose rational control over things, etc.. Tad's tendencies leaves one to speculate. He simply can't resist going on the attack against someone just for s**ts and giggles. And wrt duly diligent fact-finding, he clearly came up short himself. Pointing to a document that clearly could not resolve the issue at hand and then snidely telling Michael to have his niece translate it for him ... uuurrrrggggh

Funny you should mention the "mulharadas" factor and encanadores. Usually ends up being some tio, cunhada, sobrinho... Dare I mention that it would often be one that didn't show or was known to have done a real "piece of work" job in the past and that despite the strong urging of stupid estrangeiros, the guy was allowed to f up even more royally than the time before? How much did the real professional that got called in to stop the water cost? How much is it going to cost to go back and do the job right so the place can get rented out for the copa? How much is it going to cost to fix the damages done to the downstairs neighbors apartment?

Since asp likes current events, 1) how's that there latest nepotism investigation going? 2) Gotta love that peaceful protest there in the burbs of SP with the family all out sitting in their law chairs fishing in the raw sewage hole out in front of their house that has been brewing in this heat for far too long.
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, February 13, 2014

I wouldn't expect Borba(leta) to understand but I wouldn't compare this bosta to the other article so labeled.

I wouldn't be surprised if Borba is a disgruntled student of Dr.TGB.smilies/smiley.gif
profs you love to hate
written by Simpleton, February 13, 2014
It wouldn't surprise me if the prof that taught the anthropology course I took was TGB's twin brother. The final exam was the most grueling and intense exam I ever experienced in my life. It was closed book. The prof stated up front he would not be grading on a curve. By the end of the aloted period of time only a small handful of students had taken their exam materials up front and turned them in. I'm quite suspicious that most of those were professional paid test takers. The prof decided to add additional time to complete the exam which was for a large part, multiple choice, but also had an extensive essay section. When it was announced there was 15 minutes left after doubling of the test time there was an intense flurry of activity and paper shuffling and maybe 15 percent of the filled lecture hall moved forward and turned in their papers. The prof yet again decided to extend the allowed test time by another hour. It was way past the lunch hour now and this was not the first time this prof had conducted this course. What the heck was going on??? Five minutes before the end of the second extension someone came out and announced that they were unable to extend the test time again because the lecture hall was booked so we would all just have to finish up as best we could and leave. Nobody brought a sack lunch, the test was planned for being only two hours. Based on the groans heard from just about every corner of the room I'm sure there were many disgruntled students that wished they had brought a sack of something (rocks, dog feces, pyrotechnics, ...) (And yes TGB, despite all I got an A-.)
written by Thaddeus Gregory Blanchette, February 13, 2014
It's one thing to claim that many Brazilians have a different attitude towards planning than many Americans.

It's quite another to infantilize a country of 200 million people because one's niece can't be bothered to do a simple google search.
a tab bit thin in mental capacity
Go ahead Tad. Do a google search and find the publication that shows exactly what courses Luiza was to be taking this semester, the location of each class, the days of the week for each and their individual start / stop times. You won't find it. Childishness on her part not to have the knowledge, login data (which she would have had to have been provided by the school)and wherewithal to hit the on-line student portal mentioned in the link you pointed to so she could dig that information out on her own?? Maybe. I still think your infantile mind still doesn't quite grasp what Michael was talking about. You just jumped onto some kind of personal agenda kind of thing and won't give it up. BTW, IMHO the population of Brasil is probably underestimated significantly.
Simpleton

Simp, I didn't know you arelso an anthropologist. I always thought you were man devoted your entire life to exact sciences. How many Masters and Doctoral degrees do you hold? I am honored to be acquainted with you, sir.

As for your doubt regarding the Brasilian population:

According to IBGE, as on Midnight August 29, 2013, it was 201.032.714. If your fellow scholar had written "around" or "about" or "over", I would presume you would not have questioned the figures furnished by him? Unless you are questioning the competence of the IBGE staff (which you are fully capable of). smilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
I;m an arelso?
are also, arsehole, can you clarify Joao? You know what a stickler TGB is for spelling things correctly and in an exact science type of way. A baccalaureate from Greece (i.e. decent high school education) is all I'm willing to claim. Logico ne'?

I wouldn't even begin to question the competence of the IBGE. First we would have to know how many of TGB's research victims and prior folks that had been under his tutelage that were on staph and contributed to the report you cited. I did note that you dropped the significant digits after the decimal point. smilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
written by Thaddeus Gregory Blanchette, February 13, 2014
"Go ahead Tad. Do a google search and find the publication that shows exactly what courses Luiza was to be taking this semester, the location of each class, the days of the week for each and their individual start / stop times."

Unless this is the same Luiza who's been hiding out in Canada or unless this Luiza has somehow never managed to attend a Brazilian school in her life, she should know that classes and schedules are posted on the relevant departments' doors, usually a week before class begins.

Yes, Brazilian universities are still not as massively on-line as their American counterparts. We're still doing things here, for the most part, like they were done back in the 1990s. This means you can't get every scrap of information you need without leaving the comfort of your sofa.

But that's a STYLE of organization, not "disorganization". Even in the relatively elite federal schools, I"d say about half of our kids still don't have laptops or 24/7 access to decent internet connections. We thus HAVE to presume that we're dealing with an off-line world and the lion'sshare of most schools' resources goes to that sort of thing: dealing with creating absolutely comprehensive websites for the net generation is something that's still probably about 5 years away.

I wouldn't be surprised, however, if PUC-Curtiba actually posted that sort of information, anyhow.

Still presuming
From the link you provided there are 213 (or is it 214?) new students this semester where Luiza will be attending. Of course not all of those have pre-selected the same major as her. I'm confident that if we went and looked on the door of the architectural department it has a print out posting her name along with all other newbies and those with some number of semesters already under their belts which includes each and every one of their personal itineraries. Although PUC-Curtiba is probably not nearly as elitist as where you teach, pray tell, how well plastered is your door there at the anthropology department?
Simpleton

are also, arsehole, can you clarify Joao?

I'd never dare call ya an arsehole, Simp. It's along story, but...but...but.. 'ill try to make it short . When I was typing my reply to ya, our cleaning maid came like a typhoon and demanded that I configure her new cell phone( her Nth phone in 10 years, while I have had just three). Told her hundreds of time that she should read the users manual, but...but..but.. her reply has been:"When I have a smart boss (patrão), why do I need a manual written by a Chinese?". So, while I was preparing her phone to be "operable", the harridan was on my back & used the delete key between "are also" and re-wrote it "arelso". smilies/shocked.gif As I have said several times, it is not easy to deal with "Mulheradas". My sincere apologies for having "hurted" your feelings by calling you an arsehole which I assure you happened due to force majeure.

A baccalaureate from Greece (i.e. decent high school education) is all I'm willing to claim.

Ha,ha, you are one of the direct descendents of Alexander the Great, eh? Nothing surprises me any more. The past two weeks have been full of surprises. I am heartened to read that one of our eminent bloggers is the direct descendent of the Prophet Mohammad and another is of Alexandre!

May be tomorrow, we will come to know that TGB is a direct descendent of Napoleon Bonaparte. In such case, I will declare myself as the reincarnation of Genghis Khan. smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
retraction
I'm posting a quick retraction prior to getting it square between the eyes. 213 (214?) is the number of school days where Luiza purportedly will be attending, not the number of new students enrolled there this semester. I have no freaking idea how big or small the school is but it was interesting that the school's website makes no mention of there being an architectural campus / program. Hmmmm, now I'm wondering ...
retraction2
okay, no sign of there being an architectural campus, but there is certainly such a program and a very well respected one at that.
answers
written by Simpleton, February 14, 2014
to some of my own questions
1) PUCPR has about 30K students and is growing according to the new rector (c 2012), for comparison all of UFRJ (which covers a pretty darn big territory / quantity of campuses) that Tad is associated with has about 56K according to pt wiki (c 2011)
2) Luiza's course work for her selected major does appear to be in fact pretty much pre-programmed with electives showing up only in later years
written by Thaddeus Gregory Blanchette, February 14, 2014
Although PUC-Curtiba is probably not nearly as elitist as where you teach...

You should take a look at what PUC's tuition is and compare it to ours, which is zero.

PUC has a reputation for being a good school which specializes in educating the sons and daughters of privilege who - for whatever reason - couldn't pass the federal system's vestibular.

The nice thing about the federal system is that it costs zero to attend. Yes, there's a class bias, because in order to get in, you have to pass a very competitive test and unless you are very intelligent or had a decent (read, usually, private) education, you won't get in.

But there ARE intelligent kids from the lower classes and there are even lower class kids who went to decent secondary schools. Where I teach, about 30% of the kids have parents making 1800 reais or less a month. Another 30% have parents in the 1800-5000 reais range. And about 10% are sure enough poor - even by Brazilian standards.

The Architecture Department at PUC-Curitiba charges 1,800 reais A MONTH tuition. More than half the kids at our school come from families who couldn't pay that.

So no, PUC is in no ways "less elite" than most federal schools. It is actually one of the most expensive universities in Brazil.

...how well plastered is your door there at the anthropology department?

Our unit has the complete schedule and class locations for all departments on the central administration office's door, about 4 meters from the unit entrance.

It's been up there since January.

have no freaking idea how big or small the school is but it was interesting that the school's website makes no mention of there being an architectural campus / program.

´Tô: http://www.pucpr.br/graduacao/arquitetura/

Or you could just go to the Wiki...

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/P...do_Paraná

PUC-PR has some 31,000 students, with probably around 300-500 of these in the Arquitetura e Urbanismo department. Which, you'll note, is the first department listed on that Wiki (so much for your not being able to find any evidence of it).

With its new satelite campuses thrown in, UFRJ probably now tops out at close to 70,000.

And ALL Brazilian universities, AFAIK, offer pre-programmed courses with relatively few electives.That's about the only thing Michael's story got right.
not knowing but noting differences
Yes tad, I did go back and do a little "research" but that was after the fact. No I didn't look at the PUCPR wiki. You chose to villainize this kid, her parents and her, well, let's call him her aunt's husband vs uncle. You lofted the implication it was not possible she didn't know what her exact schedule was (although we are assuming Michael's write up was produced using current facts sometime in January). Maybe instead of going off on your bents and doing all the bluffing, punting, buffoonery tricks you do, perhaps you could have just contributed in showing just how different things are there. If your bio is correct you would certainly be aware of what state schools here do. Anything like Wheat and Chaff magazine produced there for the free lunch students or the pampered private church school kids? No probably not, there's high level of attention paid to forest product conservation / paper consumption. A detailed Schedule of Classes for your alma mater is generally available three to four months in advance, but, as you have to go in to register when you pay your tuition, you won't know exactly which classes at which hours you will have till sometime the month before they begin. Michael's point was that folks there just take it all in stride, things happen when they happen, the process works the way it works and Luiza is far less prone to being apprehensive, nervous, frustrated or stressed out about it all than would be her counter part in your alma mater who has to pick and choose which classes, which of several different time slots each class MIGHT be available to be signed up for (and I stress the MIGHT because if they were properly informed they know that freshmen come dead last on the totem poll and that classes for any particular time slot may be filled up prior to their chance to sign up and thus they will find them struggling to rejigger their entire course plan at the last minute).

I mean really now Macunaima, why couldn't you have just come out up front and said that undoubtedly Papa John or Uncle Squidy had things set up and well planned so of course Luiza had nothing to worry about? Exactly where when and how she'd come up with the details of her pre-programmed life wasn't the principle focus. There wasn't any childishness being exemplified by her at all, not a peep, not even a "what me worry?" response. Somewhat of a "child like" attitude, akin to being happy when mommy says "we're going to beach now" is the endearing prevalence you will find in most brasilians. You on the other hand ....
student qualifications
BTW Tad, you've given the impression you have some kind of beef or burr under your saddle with ENADE vs the vestibular. Another victimization attempt? Luiza did very well on one but failed to pass muster on the other? I think Joao is right. The MEC definitely may have cause to line you up in their cross hairs.
written by Thaddeus Gregory Blanchette, February 14, 2014
You chose to villainize this kid, her parents and her, well, let's call him her aunt's husband vs uncle. You lofted the implication it was not possible she didn't know what her exact schedule was (although we are assuming Michael's write up was produced using current facts sometime in January).

Nope. I said it was pretty hard to believe that she couldn't find the information that was quite clearly posted by PUC-PR in September 2013.

I found it in 3 seconds flat with a google search. If Luiza couldn't do the same, she has some serious problems.

But like I said, I don't think that the reason is she COULDN'T do it: I think the reason is that she chose not to. And I think she just gave her uncle a line of bulls**t because what the hell is he going to know about anything?

If this is "villanizing", let me gently point out that dear uncle raised the possibility of this first. All I did was point out that his initial interpretation was probably correct. smilies/smiley.gif

(although we are assuming Michael's write up was produced using current facts sometime in January

It was obviously written post-December 31st, so I think we can treat that "assumption" as a fact.

Perhaps you could have just contributed in showing just how different things are there. If your bio is correct you would certainly be aware of what state schools here do.

I do and that's exactly what I did. Michael's patronizing infantilizations aside.

A detailed Schedule of Classes for your alma mater is generally available three to four months in advance, but, as you have to go in to register when you pay your tuition, you won't know exactly which classes at which hours you will have till sometime the month before they begin.

Exactly as occurs in most Brazilian schools.In fact, because of our fixed degree program schedules (which I do not like) students know YEARS in advance what their class schedules will be. Classrooms and times are posted a few weeks before the semester begins - exactly as it is in most American schools.

Michael's point was that folks there just take it all in stride, things happen when they happen, the process works the way it works and Luiza is far less prone to being apprehensive, nervous, frustrated or stressed out about it all than would be her counter part in your alma mater...

And Michael is full of s**t. He's a man who is counting way above ten on this issue, and without being able to look at his toes.

Brazilian students are not more noticeably relaxed and "taking it all in stride" than their American counterparts, for a series of reasons that are too tedious to enumerate here.

But if that was Michael's only point, it'd be no great big deal. It's "the Brazilians are like little children" bulls**t which I find offensive.

you're still dancing
Here's a quote from the wiki on UFRJ:

"UFRJ is one of the main culprits in the formation of the Brazilian intellectual elite".

You are an elitist and fully full of all those types of things and quirks that us lowly peasants find so excruciatingly irritating. You just can't push off topic / agenda other than your own. You punt yet again (no doubt to try yet again to fool the average reader who knows nothing about how the school systems work down there) and say that students there know their "class schedules" years in advance. POPPYc**k. They may know the name of the courses for a given semester but they damn well don't know their class schedules 1)what class, 2)what time, 3)which classroom or lecture hall, 4)which days of the week, 5)which prof. You pushed not knowing when school started (in your mind a simple question of the calendar day ALL classes at that institution started) into being some kind of well hells bells this kids lying, lazy or is a complete idiot because surely she already knows everything about everything and if she didn't she sure could have gone out and gotten that information on her own even if a highly positioned federal university researcher like your good self can't even manage to do it now after the fact. Should Michael have realized she couldn't / wouldn't / didn't at that point in time when he asked? Don't know, maybe he didn't attend the UW like you did and thus did not have the experience / point of reference just like Luiza has just now has begun to be exposed to. Tis true such things can't be known with certainty until at best a few weeks before the student has to show up, not here, not there.

As another question for ya, do you think Luiza and all of the other first semester freshmen in her chosen major attending PUCPR going to be taught in just one big classroom en mass in all of the classes she takes this semester or will some have different classes in different locations with possibly different profs at different times? The PUCRJ website seems to suggest there are at least different periodos - morning, afternoon, night lasing for five years.

You know you've been banished off of other blogs / voted by the participants into being assigned your own separate thread so you can rant and rave and go on and on with your bs all you want instead of being useless. You also know exactly why you devise / divert / deflect / attack and get into picking on people's spelling, punctuation, grammar, writing style or method of expressing or organizing their own thoughts - you actually told us all about that / the way you think back on February 20, 2007 right here in this site. You should go back and read that to better "know thy self". (That or go line yourself up with connections in the phycology or psychiatry departments to do some more translation work and get some help while your at it.)

I will quote again here what Michael DID say rather than let you twist and turn and put words into his mouth:
"In this way, Brazilians are like children, affable and supple, the way a child can be crying and then laughing a minute later. A Brazilian can tell the same story to the same person several times, and both the storyteller and the listener will enjoy it each time."

Damn straight they're affable and supple like a child, much more so than most folks from many parts of the world. Lot's and lots of other stories, anecdotes and personal experiences guide me to feeling the same (for most but certainly not all them). Kind of the major reason I love them. Fact is none of what he said was bs but you conclude that all of it is (except for your concession on school course plans being pre-programmed for the most part).
written by .., February 14, 2014

Der gelehrte Professor ist unterhaltsam uns alle, durch die Anzeige seines Klar Dummheit.smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif
thank god...
written by bo, February 14, 2014
Just popped in, after some years, see things haven't changed here. Thank god I'm out of that hell hole.
What a shame...
I guess things have changed, at least there didn't used to be someone deleting the posts unless obscene. I guess the site is taking its cues from OGLOBO and just allowing statements to be heard that goes along with their viewpoint.

Let Freedom Ring!

LOL
In summation....
it all normally comes down to a lack of respect, which permeates and influences nearly every facet of life in brazil, unfortunately.
Great to hear from ya bo. Relax though, the site has been a bit flaky here once again recently. Used to at least warn you that your post had to be reviewed by an administrator before it appeared in the thread while you watched. Now it just looks like your post went through but if you come back or refresh it appears missing / deleted. Just give it some time and more often than not your post magically reappears.

Be nice about that broad based bash on the respect thingy. You know it's something like what asp says. If it's about me, my needs, my wants - you have to respect! But if it's about you, your needs, your wants - well ... who the f cares. Try New Jersey.
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, February 14, 2014

GE,Simp

you actually told us all about that / the way you think back on February 20, 2007 right here in this site.

Mind posting the link? Tried to get from the archives. No success.

Thanks. Will have have a cold one in your honor tonight.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif
No offence joao but I'm going to give you the TGB response (just for now): Why don't you just google it? If I can find that information so easily and quickly of course you must be a complete ignorant unworthy dolt.
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, February 14, 2014

Thanks for responding in "real time", Simp. Just now I opened a can of 473 ml of Skol in your honor and before I had time to have a sip you replied.smilies/grin.gif

If I can find that information so easily and quickly of course you must be a complete ignorant unworthy dolt.

You know ruddy well that we,the Brasilian peasants are "complete ignorant unworthy dolts". Dude, the few times I have ever been to university campi are to take shelter from the rain & thunderstorms.

I really don't know where UFRJ & PUC-PR are located nor the courses they offer. But..but..but.. you seem to know slightly more than I do about education and all the courses & intercourses. So I'd like to ask you a question: What is "Anthropology" and have they found a cure for it yeat? And Simp, don't ask me to find it out through Google.smilies/sad.gif
research granted
Now for your assignment Joao, if you should choose to accept it (having a cold one while you work on it would be just fine):

(First I must note that since I was most recently edumacated by the highest of authorities of a very well respected (and expensive) Brasillian educational institution I learned of by way of the useful(?) link provided by a researcher in another very well respected Brasillian educational institution, I know that 2007 is actually "dois mil oito".)

Your task is to google the phrase "I only worry about grammar", study the commentary section of the article you find the search results pointing to and come back with a full unabashed unabridged hypocritical report on the hypocrisy you find in the area of the comments near to and including the search phrase.

1) You don't need to research a large section of the commentary nor read the article again to attempt to put things into context.
2) You don't have to go visit 304 whoring hotspots in Rio over a six month to one year period to do demonstrate a worthy attempt to debunk the bunked (unless you want too and your research budget allows for such.)

Coming back and doing nothing more that criticizing spelling, punctuation, grammar, writing style or "agendas" not inline with your own personal ones will not be accepted. Hypocritical or not. Neither will coming back with "So here's a cat with a piece of bread on it's head" like response because you chose not to go there / not to make some semblance of a reasonable and civil attempt to deal with communications you may find quite objectionable, foreign or confusing to you.

Either one of those may be grounds for the INEP to declare vestibulares suspensos based on ENADE results thus putting your program(as), research grant(ees) and certain types of jobs at risk including your own even if that may be something only your left hand or your right hand may have need to be able to accomplish.

Cheers
memory failure
Sorry Joao, the search phrase should be "I worry about people's grammar" not "I only worry about grammer" and yes you have to include the quotation marks. Damn those cold ones!
morning after pill
written by Simpleton, February 15, 2014
Sr Michael, my sincere and deep apologies for dirtying up the comment section of your article here on brazzil.com but I feel driven to put the Bullchette to bed.

Joao I decided to do your homework assignment for you. I was a bit too much of me to ask of you and you weren't provided all the pieces of the puzzle. The statement made by Sr Tad that I directed you to was this:
"As for me, the only time I worry about people's grammar on the internet is when some hypocrite attacks it as a cheap way of avoiding the real issues at hand."

He made that statement in response to your kind hearted correction of his misuse of the plural form of the word woman. We know that's not an entirely accurate characterization of himself and though he does tend to use many other cheap ways of avoiding the real issues at hand we'll give him partial credit for being honest about himself. A few posts above that comment you will note that Macunaima commented and that was followed by Tad. As an old timer on this site you may recall that Macunaima was the handle Tad used to post under before switching to using his real name. Tad apparently recognized his mistake and was careful not to respond to himself or continue along in the discussion in any way that might make a connection between himselfs. You may note under Tad's own recent article he chose to completely blow off and do a misdirection thingy in response to a post I made conveying some statistical information which I had summarized from a real honest to god public survey that included perceptions of brasilians regarding prostitution (i.e. stuff that was pertinent and relevant to Tad's article). I wish I could find the source article again. I know it was done over in Sao Paulo by what I believe was a creditable organization. Although they may not have posted it in the on-line news article, I believe they even produced the usual and customary margin of error numbers (i.e. it was REAL research). Now if you have taken the opportunity to read Tad's bio, you may note amongst his temas is Gringos and Sexual Tourism and hence there is merit to his own article. The forum members of a gringo site pertaining to such matters found Tad so bothersome they actually opened up a separate thread to talk about nothing more than Tad and what to do about him. After a call for just banishing him or giving him his own personal thread, the Moderator (and remember that Tad has previously made claim to being a Moderator for this site) put forth the following summary statements:
1. Macunaima is not a monger, and consistently espouses a general disdain for those who choose to monger.
2. Macunaima repeats what is essentially the same general philosophical opinions, which is a form of SPAM.
3. Macunaima is constantly engaged in caustic exchanges with other Forum Members. In other words, he doesn't play and get along with others.
4. Macunaima appears to be an intelligent and knowledgeable individual, which is irrelevant in a serial antagonist evaluation.

nuf said have a gday
Exception....
written by Bo, February 15, 2014
Come on now, one can definitely generalize on the lack of respect one encounters daily in brazil. Someone having respect is the exception, not the rule. And things may vary from region to region, but it's the same s**t, just a slightly different odor.
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, February 15, 2014

Good Afternoon, Simp.

Joao I decided to do your homework assignment for you. I was a bit too much of me to ask of you and you weren't provided all the pieces of the puzzle.

You didn't have to by burning off the precious midnight candles. While I was sipping the cold ones, I said (to myself) "Eureka" and knew what you were referring to. I checked it out this morning and confirmed it.

Six long years ago, an American who by coincidence was Sr.Rubin's (first) namesake wrote a hilarious article. The first commentator was our friend Costinha who also thought it was funny. Then several commentators including you, me and the writer himself pitched in and had a lively "debate". I went through that article after you mentioned about it and I was roaring with laughter again after all these years.

In a way, the articles written by Michael Rubin and MKJ246 have served the same purpose- to make the readers have a good laugh. MKJ246 had his Cunhado Fernando who lost his car keys all the time and Michael Rubin, his Sobrinha Luiza asking him to find the academic calender for her.smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

Sadly Rubin hasn't so far complained about frogs, Spiders, ants and other creatures.Hopefully, his next article touches upon these things also to make it funnier.smilies/cheesy.gif

As for your info on Macunaima & TGB being the same, I knew it a long time ago. In fact I am fully aware of his bio too, as it is easily accessible by the public and he is a professor in UFRJ. I am not sure if he really lacks sense of humor or just loves to put down others (especially the ones he considers to be below his "level")or both. Incidentally, I get invited for faculty "parties" once in a while and I find their world to be different from mine. But...but...but... one has certain "social" obligation to fulfill too and have to attend once in a while.smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

I started watching "House of Cards" on Netflix (Season 2). DC is no different from DF, eh?smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gif

Cheers.
Simpleton

I forgot to post a nice picture:

Maybe Michael Rubin should use such a shocking picture in his next article to draw the attention as well as wrath of the readers.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
agitator as a profession
written by Simpleton, February 15, 2014
As always, I knew that you knew and you knew that I knew that you knew.

As to TGB being a "professor" at UFRJ in the sense I would understand that term to mean I'm still coming up short. A researcher and aid de camp to Ana and having possibly a grad student or two under his wing from time to time, yes, most certainly, but since he's based out of Macae and I can't go visit the administrations office to check the charts, I have yet to come up with any evidence that he has even one lecture series nor even a TA lead study / discussion group assigned to him this semester. (Here those are usually assigned to the grad students) .... guess that comes with that dreaded anthropology disease you inquired about. I did run into one other blog where he had encountered another person with apparently that same thing. WOW, those two were such perfection in union / thought processes Tad had to point out that it took one to know one and it was the greatest. (Makes me think of the don't feed the animals signs at the zoo and where I read some other people's recommendations to not fan the flames, leave him be and he'll satiate feeding his own ego all in good time.)

Can ya give me a little more of a hint about where to find that article that generated all the jolly good times? I sure could use a good belly laugh if nothing more than to readjust the fine carbonation gases from the brewskis.
Simpleton

Can ya give me a little more of a hint about where to find that article that generated all the jolly good times?

Simp, you really know (and knew all the time) where to find that article! But...but...but... since you are WUI, shall oblige you by posting the link:

http://www.brazzil.com/info/18...10034.html

I wonder if MKJ246 (sounds like WD40) , "The Guest", F.A.B, GTY, etc; ever visited Brasil again.

As to TGB being a "professor" at UFRJ in the sense I would understand that term to mean I'm still coming up short.

Why don't ya ask him yourself? I am sure he would be more than happy to clarify his "funções" in UFRJ. smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

One more question: Who is going to write the 200th comment in his thread, you,ASP or the "velho sábio" himself? In case your eagle eyes and sharp brain missed, I was the one that wrote the 100th.smilies/cry.gif

Cheers
written by Thaddeus Gregory Blanchette, February 15, 2014
"UFRJ is one of the main culprits in the formation of the Brazilian intellectual elite".

Yeah, I saw that. Google translate is so amusing, isn't it? Here's the original: "A UFRJ é uma das grandes responsáveis pela formação da elite intelectual brasileira..."

And yes, it is correct that people who leave UFRJ generally do have an elite education and are intellectuals. Creating people like that is, after all, the general mission of a first-class university. What is NOT correct is that those students are more elite in terms of their origins than the average student of PUC, whos parents pay two Brazilian minimum wages every month in tuition.

They may know the name of the courses for a given semester but they damn well don't know their class schedules 1)what class, 2)what time, 3)which classroom or lecture hall, 4)which days of the week, 5)which prof.

This is why they actually need to set foot in the damned school at least once before classes start - just like we used to do in most schools in the U.S. and Western Europe back before the turn of the century.

Within the next five years or so, most Brazilian schools will be as digitlaized as their foreign, first world counterparts and this won't be necessary. Until then, Luiza is just going to have to do what every generation of university student before her did and actually show up for the first week of classes in order to orient herself.

Poor little dear.

You know you've been banished off of other blogs / voted by the participants into being assigned your own separate thread so you can rant and rave and go on and on with your bs all you want instead of being useless.

Yes, I'm actually quite proud of having been voted off the largest sexual tourist website in the world for daring to confront some of the members' views about Brazilian women in general and Brazilian prostitutes in particular. I put it on a CV once.

I think it's hilarious that a handful of paying members on International Sex Guide couldn't handle my views (which from a radical feminist perspective are pretty tame, indeed) and yet think that they can stand up to the sort of U.S-funded carceral feminism that cheerfully describes them as members of international kiddie-fiddling mafias.

But if you really thought that my actions on the ISG were shameful, you'd be posting under your real identity and telling us about your own contributions to said 'monger website. Instead, you hide behind a nick.

I think it's pretty clear here which one of us is ashamed of what they do in this world, Simp. smilies/wink.gif

written by Eduardo Cantagalo, February 16, 2014

It is unfortunate that some of the posters above feel that it is disgraceful to get an education and call oneself an "intellectual" - as if using one's intellect was cause for shame and never setting foot in a university a mark of personal excellence.

As a Brazilian, I find Ruben's belief that my countrymen are "childlike" to be patronizing and ridiculous. Obviously, foreigners with pretensions for superiority will find his characterization amusing.

I think Professor Blanchette is correct in his criticism, but far too vehement. His vehemence gives Rubin's comments a gravitas they do not deserve.

Foreigners passing through Brazil have produced centuries worth of patronizing and ridiculous observations about this country and its people which have amused and hoodwinked generations of the simple and credulous. A brief glance at Mr. Rubin's on-line magazine shows him to be in the profession of making and peddling such observations. There will be a market for such material as long as there are light-witted foreigners who come to Brazil and desire to have their prejudices catered to.

To rail against this, as Blanchette does, is useless and, what's worse, a disservice to Brazil.

After all, it is in our interest that foreigners believe we are "childlike". Such visitors are essentially harmless and easily charmed out of their pocket change. Why would we want to them to perceive Brazil with anything but distorted and rose-colored lenses?

Enfim, Professor Blanchette, que vantagem Maria (ou Luiza) leva? Se ela conseguiu convencer seu tio norte-americano que o verdadeiro culpado por sua displiscência é a PUC ou - melhor ainda - o Brasil, sorte dela! Essa habilidade vai lhe servir muitíssimo bem no futuro, quando ela trabalha para uma empressa multinacional e precisa convencer seus chefes gringos que as eventuais atrapalhadas da firma em terras brasilis não são da autoria dela.

Afinal das contas, as crianças são inocentes, não são?

Concientious restraint
written by Simpleton, February 16, 2014
Now see TGB, if it weren't for the last three paragraphs you almost made it through posting something without succumbing to your personal set of deficits. I trust that the U posts your email address associated with your name or, if they don't currently, they will. That's a mighty fine feather you've got stuck in your hat there yankee doodle dandy, posting under your real name and making a pest of yourself out there in the blogosphere. Now although maybe it's only a few kilobits of data storage, negligible network bandwidth and a few hundred microseconds of your time to deal will any single piece of hate mail or crap mail you may have to deal with simply because of your extracurricular entertainment endeavors or maybe a slight bit more of your time if you should choose to set up and maintain custom filters and block lists, but hey, no matter how cheap it and you may be it's still wasted tax payer dollars. I would hazard a guess you have a lot of unproductive free time on your hands while you are on the company dole so's to speak to deal with such and it probably tickles you pink getting any and all of that that you can accumulate, but really sir, are you sure even those few penny's of waste couldn't be better applied elsewhere? It's government waste of taxpayer money that you personally are responsible for by your non-work related conduct and you see no harm in it.

Being you already knew about the funk in the .en version of the wiki for UFRJ have you considered doing a charitable public service and try to find a way to get them to put in a better / more appropriately worded piece? Your translation skills / credentials should be enough to convince them to adopt a "change from" "change to" type proposal. Of course when you make such contact with whomever the powers that be are the text of what you submit won't contain any of your your a dick s**t / I'm a pompous ass type of content (and let's hope they haven't already heard about you so they don't just reject your valid input outright based on your taint.) I understand that that would be doing something actually useful and productive but you might hesitate because it would be strictly a charitable endeavor on your part.

More questions ... What is a CV? What is a kiddie-fiddler?

To be honest, I didn't know it was ISG that I plagiarized, I wouldn't have given them a foot note although what I read in there about you was funny as hell.

Joao, be a good friend and stop pegging me and my deficits. You're right, I knew all along but I'm a simpleton and lazy / unwilling to even learn how to properly post hyperlinks here in the brazil.com comments section. (Nor pictures for that matter.) I'm quite confident it's a pretty simple matter but I'm stubborn that way, prefer my caveman personal and business email hiding lifestyle. Besides, if I can get your good self to post the link I'm betting there will be a larger number of routine casual readers who never post any comments that will go ahead and follow it and ENJOY. If I posted the link they'd just blow it off. smilies/shocked.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
patriotic patronizing
maybe we should take a look at the ancient origins of these words and their similarity / synonymy vs saying they are somehow at polar opposition

Eduardo, we apparently stomped on each other when making our respective posts. Your's came out in front of mine and I just now saw it. I like and can relate to what you are saying although laden with irony that I'm not entirely sure you meant to be irony. Can we all agree on one thing? That Blanchette does a disservice to brasil?

written by Thaddeus Gregory Blanchette, February 16, 2014
Gostei, Eduardo. smilies/smiley.gif E concordo: realmente é coisa pequena. Mas se a gente não fala, quem vai falar?
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, February 16, 2014

Can we all agree on one thing? That Blanchette does a disservice to brasil?

A loud NO[/i. He may or may not be doing a disservice to Brasil, but he is indeed doing a great service to Brazzil. As the Kraut blogger said in this thread (or elsewhere), he is highly entertaining and thus draws more readers & comments.smilies/wink.gif smilies/cool.gif
asp

You really are a piece of work, ASPie: the worst sort of Chi-town white boy racist sense of privilege, overlaid by a nice think layer of middle-class Brazilian truculence, all wrapped up in a warm coat of complete disregard for the lives and liberty of anyone poorer than you.

Write the 200th comment in the other thread, you racist Chi-towner or you want Simp to get the medal?smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
answered questions
Yes Eduardo, for someone to be considered an amazing intellectual it must needs be that the person has set foot in a university, college or other higher center of learns but I'd like you to say that face to face to my Mamae Adotivo there in brasil and see what kind of response you get. And, on the other side, rightly so that those who dedicate or otherwise spend their lives associated with such locations / organizations are clearly of superior intellect. Bulchette is the penultimate negative proof of that. Low brow / low blow tendencies of how they treat other people like Bulchette does is very much included in the characteristics one expects of a true intellectual.

Forget my questions about the terms CV and kiddie-fiddler that I had just never run into in my overly protected life. I googled them and for sure it makes sense to me now that Bulchette would have some kind of write-up involving kiddie-fiddling in his CV. While I was at it I lucked upon something else that despite trying many times in the past in order to try to understand what I've heard people say or write, I never managed to come up with a translation for it in the port-en dictionary nor web searches. I've heard it in so many situations and discussions over many years it really kind of bugged me that I couldn't feel I understood the entire conversation, wasn't truly able to follow along because of not knowing the word. The term is "atoa". In fact it's actually "À toa".
chi-ching
Parabens Joao, you got your post count bonus but did you really have to start getting aggressive and work the crowds hawking for it? You knew it would just happen naturally, you didn't have to work at your job so hard. I know you use clicking the plus up as a method to demarcate where you left off reading comments. Could you go to the other thread and click a bunch more plus ups so we can tell exactly which post was the 200th one that got you your stipend?
written by Eduardo Cantagalo, February 16, 2014
Can we all agree on one thing? That Blanchette does a disservice to brasil?

I've read some of Dr. Blanchette's production and I think he asks questions few people have the courage to ponder. I think this makes certain people in government and academia uncomfortable. In that sense, he is an intellectual who's doing good work for Brazil.

As to Dr. Blanchette's performance here, the fact that he has three prolific commentators attacking him ad nauseaum simply because he pointed out the obvious indicates that he's serving his proper intellectual function here, too, however ridiculous that may seem.

One wonders what might be the result if all the spleen directed against Blanchette here were actually to be put to good creative use? I have noticed that he writes about one word for every four his detractors set to virtual paper... and that most of his detractors can do little more than slander the man. Witness ASP's reiterated claims that Blanchette is somehow the mastermind behind every bit of vandalism and mayhem that has afflicted Rio de Janeiro since the end of the military dictatorship, or your own (or was it João? I forget. The two of you often seem as close as two balls in a sack) snide insinuations that his work with prostitutes means than he pays for their professional services.

Somehow, Blanchette has the time to tilt at windmills here, teach there and still publish several articles a year. And now a book, going by his Lattes. Say what you like about the man, he is prolific. Which is more than can be said about most of the people who sneer at him here from behind the anonymity of the internet.

But you seem to feel you are in a position to criticize Dr. Blanchette's professional labours, Simpleton, so one might ask what it is that you've managed to do for Brazil? ASP produces music. Blanchette teaches and writes scientific papers. You do... what, aside from sneering at "intellectuals"?

I'd like you to say that face to face to my Mamae Adotivo there in brasil and see what kind of response you get.

Send me her address and I'll be happy to inquire as to whether she would prefer her children to have a college education or not.

I do not know your Brazilian matron, Simpleton, but in my experience, poor Brazilians do not snob people who have had the luck to make it through college. It is what they want for all of their children. The fact that Blanchette seems to be working at a REUNE school means that, whatever else might be said of him, he is doing his part to make those dreams come true.

So far, most of your criticism of Blanchette seems to boil down to one solitary point, Simpleton: he has a PhD. Good for him! Why you would think that a lack of education should make someone more noble, correct, or worthy is a mystery to me. I suspect it has to do with your being raised in a country where even the poor and uneducated have some degree of decent opportunity and where education is something of an oversold commodity.

That may be the case and, if so, it is all well and good, but this is Brazil, my friend, and we do not have a surplus of overly educated people here. Very much the opposite, in fact. So if you are going to try to convince Brazilians than having a college education makes a person inherently corrupt and worthless, let me be the first to suggest that you've come to the wrong church, brother.
the pobreza
they are not served by what Tad does. His research may have actually collected SCEINTIFIC data but that was not shared. And perhaps it included generally accepted statistical means, analysis and results characterizations but my thoughts are that it was likely to be a bit of a fluke if he came up with a std deviation. Being Tad used to only make 1000 after the first divorce and his kid were majorly out of his life, of course he doesn't pay for it. He can't afford to. If I cast allusions regarding his "involvement" in his work, it's for purely entertainment purposes. Have you known this guy for the past eight or nine years? Other than recently have you ever seen me make any semblance of an attack against him (while the whole time he did, does and will forever towards me or others)? There was but once a long time ago but it was gregarious and hilarious. If I've decided he needs to take a bit of his own medicine (while at the same time entertaining Joao) who are you to judge me?

Regarding the tad/asp thing, well, just forget it. They've always been like that. As for me being long winded, more than a bit convoluted or way too deep for commoners, even very well educated ones, to understand, oh well, let the poor simpleton whose heart is a little too big for his own good alone. He's got to vent once in a while as all people do.

As to the Mamae, no, I won't open her up to your bulchettest poppyc**k. How completely inane of you to even ask. Not that it matters to you but yes, at most she had an early childhood lower level grade school education, maybe up until the 4th grade I'm not sure. Yes she's black with what my guess is Congolese hereditary traits, a rotund "aunt jamaima" figure, speaks with phonemes suggestive of still having some remnant of her personal ties back to Milan, lived through the military junta, worked until the falter decay and collapse of the textile trade there in Rio. If on top of thinking this article is somehow kind of a snub or patronizing play against brasilians then I would also suspect you are one of those who would deny that racism exists in brazil. In such case maybe you should get a chance to visit with Mamae. Sit out in back of her house getting blasted with her, her sisters and other elderly cousins / old childhood friends few of which are still alive. You'd get an earful of the real story on all fronts instead of what you've been fed.

A brief glance at Mr. Rubin's on-line magazine shows him to be in the profession of making and peddling such observations.

A "brief glance" is not sufficient to judge the "quality" of his on-line magazine. I suggest you take a "wider glance"!
written by asp, February 17, 2014
Eduardo, where did I ever say bullchette was the master mind? I said he represents the mentality, and that these disk heads learned about these ideologies somewhere, someone is teaching them...and, if these punk bitches don't get what is at stake yelling communist anarchist crud and who they are really hurting vandalising public property, then someone taught them all wrong

I really question your perception abilities, since, it's bullchette doing most of the derailing and ad homers, and avoiding the truth like a slippery greased pig...and that is my point, there is no debate with prick idologists , there is no dialogue , they already have their mind made up to fuk you in the ass, but , they arnt going to fuk me, my foot is up their ass before they can make a move...too bad you can't perceive that..,as well as that extremely desired college education is flawed...I watched my son raised down here go through the educational system...a lot of professors need to have their heads examined
written by João da Silva, February 17, 2014

a lot of professors need to have their heads examined

smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
written by Thaddeus Gregory Blanchette, February 17, 2014
...ad homers...

That would be Homer Simpson in your case, neh ASPie?

As for a lot of professors needing to have their heads examined, I'm sure that's true, as it is of most porofessional categories these days. But you're really in no position to talk, given that you seem to spend most of your days screaming obscenities on obscure internet sites at people you do not know.

As for your son's dilema, that has a simple resolution: no one is forcing him to go to univerity. Keep him out. I'm sure it will help him a lot in the 21st century economy that's a-building in Brazil.
Obrigado pelos comentários, Eduardo! Pode me procurar no Facebook se quer conversar. Estou fazendo minhas intervenções aqui principalmente para irritar ASP e João/Simpleton. É uma diversão que custa nada.

...(or was it João? I forget. The two of you often seem as close as two balls in a sack)...

A better analogy would be two fingers in the same sock puppet. You gotta wonder about those two. You'll note that about 40 of the 60 or so comments here were posted by them, that their commentary fills the other threads on Brazzil.com and that one consistently shows up where the other is.

Brazzil.com obviously takes up a considerable portion of their on-line life and your observation is correct: if they'd take half the energy they expend here, pissing into the wind, and did something creative with it, maybe they wouldn`t feel impelled to spend so much time whinging about other peoples' work.

Thanks for the book plug! I'm surprised you noticed, as it just went up on my Lattes. Cidadãos e Selvagens will be launched in March. It has nothing to do with prostitution or gringos, by the way.

Simpleton sez:
His research may have actually collected SCEINTIFIC data but that was not shared.

First of all, what part of "published" do you not understand, Simp? Scientists share their findings by publishing them. If you can't be bothered to look for them or read them, that's not the scientists' fault.

My stuff's on my Lattes and a bunch of it is also linked through my blog. Most of it is internet accessible, in English or Portuguese. It took Eduardo no time at all to find it. But if you're too lazy to look for it yourself and you want me to send you copies, I'll be happy to do so. Give me a name and an address and we're golden. smilies/grin.gif

pais de futuro
written by Simpleton, February 17, 2014
Tad, you've already expressed your displeasure with the pre-programmed nature of the higher education system there in the "country of the future". You darn well know that that won't produce a well rounded individual and does all too often produce a "book smart" brasileiro that the rest of the world has no use for. As difficult as it may be to manage the headspace issues with highly educated individuals, those with advanced degrees or maybe even multiple advanced degrees, have you considered that it's really not the piece of paper they carry that matters in the end?

I will have to retract my comment regarding my thought that my anthropology professor may have been your twin brother. More likely he was an older tio or cunhado and your's and you got your BA via nepotism. It happens.
OMG
would you even look at and hear yourself Tad? wow, you're big in Edouado's mind because you publish two articles per year and now a book (that fewer people will buy than have bought asp's cds). Geez. Why didn't you choose a different major/minor and career? Wasn't Oshkosh B' Gosh or the Humvee / fire truck factory within walking distance of where you grew up good enough for you? Do you really serve industry, business, overall humanity with your endeavors? Are fine arts and culture ala asp's chosen course through life so useless and of such little value compared to your own? Puxa
And perhaps it included generally accepted statistical means, analysis and results characterizations but my thoughts are that it was likely to be a bit of a fluke if he came up with a std deviation.

There is qualitative research and quantitative scientific research. Anthropology normally concentrates on qualitative, descriptive studies, not statistical analysis. That would be more the realm of sociology.

That said, I'm fairly certain I've mapped and described a high proportion of the prostituion venues in Rio de Janeiro proper: 279 at last count (I would say that's probably about 80%). I've also formally interviewed close to some 300 prostitutes over the last ten years and met, talked to and informally interviewed probably close to a two thousand more. Given that, most of the stuff I'm doing these days has a good level of quantitative and qualitative data.

Of course, no scientific project is perfect. After 10 years of working on this one, I can safely say that I have a better understanding of what we DO NOT know about prostitution in Rio than what we know about it.

However, if you think there's someone out there doing better work on this topic, point me to her! I'll happily do a post-doc with them. If you stop to think about it, long-term descriptive work is probably the ONLY way to study semi-clandestine and stigmatized behavior such as prostitution. In order to get a standard deviation, we'd first have to make a qualitiative definition of "prostitute" (which is much trickier than you might expect) and then discover what the population size is - which is almost impossible.

One way around this would be to do respondent-driven sampling, but in order for THAT to occur, we need to have a qualitative understanding of prostitution in Rio first. Otherwise you get situations like the American team who recently tried to use RDS to study HIV-infection rates among prostitutes in Rio. They paid women to come in and talk to them and only conducted sampling in Vila Mimosa. Predictably, non-prostitute women from the surrounding communities flooded in and said they were prostitutes in order to get free testing and cash. Meanwhile, no research at all was conducted in the centro or South Zone, where most of Rio's prostitutes actually work. The resulting study was very nice in terms of its math and its claims to having achieved a standard deviation... if you know nothing about how prostitution is structured in Rio, that is. If you do, it has screamingly obvious qualitative gaps and enormous and shaky presumptions underlying its data.

Laymen think statistics are the highest form of social scientific research. However, statistics are only useful if the qualitative presumptions upon which they are based are valid. When the population being studied is quite well known and defined, that's not such a problem. When it's something as vague as "prostitutes in Rio"... Well, all I can say is "garbage in, garbage out".

I hope some day we will be able to do a quantitatively and qualitatively valid study of prostitution in Rio, but we are nowhere near that point yet.

If you have any SPECIFIC complaints about my research or its ethics, I'd be happy to address them.
Thadeus Blanchette

Estou fazendo minhas intervenções aqui principalmente para irritar ASP e João/Simpleton.

Dr.TGB, my dear fellow, you don't irritate me at all. On the contrary, I love to see you making a clown of yourself.

But you're really in no position to talk, given that you seem to spend most of your days screaming obscenities on obscure internet sites at people you do not know

Obviously you consider this site and magazine an obscure one. If so why cite this and the articles you have published in it in your CV Lattes?

The vacation is over, Doc. It is time to get back to your high level research and (to quote your colleague & fellow scholar Prof.Cantagalo)) " make certain people in government and academia uncomfortable". Hope you get enough grant from CNPQ to buy your research "subjects" at least a couple of beer each while researching on them.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif
Now we're getting somewhere
Tad, I'm quite certain that the previous post was not made by our dear, beloved and HUMBLE peasant Joao. It must have been made by an imposter. Although I have always found getting info and production of true value out of some people to be like trying to pull teeth from an unwilling patient, you finally came up with a post that I would highly praise and laud and deem worthy of you and what you CAN be. Stay with it guy. If you do manage to do so, you'd make me proud to call you one of my homies vs what you've been doing. BTW, the "std" comment I made was a bit of a barb escondida. Stats don't count / don't work in certain areas of research but you didn't seem to recognize that I already knew that.
ooopaa epaaa globelezaaaa
(Private message to Joao, DO NOT READ: Didn't you see I was getting close to training the cachorro virulento to heel? You shouldn't have jumped in. Given enough chain he would have eventually hanged himself so badly he would have learned the lesson he wasn't willing to learn. Now all we have is asp's futile attempts to bring the stupid sucker around. Be swiss, be neutral, that's your roll. Yes I got blocked posting under his article, oglobo or the nsa must not have liked what I tried to put there.)
You darn well know that that won't produce a well rounded individual and does all too often produce a "book smart" brasileiro that the rest of the world has no use for.

Why this sort of system would do that but the American "pick and choose as you go" system doesn't is beyond me, simp.

Frankly? Brazil needs more book smarts. That's obviously not all it needs, but at least more people having access to facts instead of superstitions is a huge improvement.

What you seem to be trying to say is that Brazilian higher education - which you yourself claim to know nothing about - is terminally broken because some people go through it without learning s**t and other people do very well without every having gone through it.

...it's really not the piece of paper they carry that matters in the end?

No s**t? And here I am, thinking it's what they learn that's important.

Do you really serve industry, business, overall humanity with your endeavors?

Yes, I do. Thanks.

Obviously you consider this site and magazine an obscure one. If so why cite this and the articles you have published in it in your CV Lattes?

Because when you're dealing with CAPES/CNPq's little math machine, everything counts as long as it has an ISSN/ISBN and you'd be a fool not to cite anything that counts. Besides, citing the articles I write for Brazzil.com makes up for the articles I write for prostitutes' organizations which can't be stuck in my Lattes because they have no ISBN/ISSN.

So it all comes out in the wash.

You'll notice I don't cite my comments. smilies/smiley.gif

Hope you get enough grant from CNPQ to buy your research "subjects" at least a couple of beer each while researching on them.

When I buy people beer - or anything else for that matter - it's straight out of pocket. smilies/smiley.gif Most of my informants (not "subjects" because this isn't nomothetic research) don't drink booze. A big portion of them are, in fact, evangelical Christians.

The vacation is over, Doc.

The last time I had a vacation was 2009. If you want to see what I've been working on for the past few months before it's published, all you need to do is drop me a line. Pre-pub readers are always welcome.

Simpleton

Be swiss, be neutral, that's your roll.

You gone bonkers? How do you expect me to remain neutral when his cunhado and he called us both "two marbles in the same scrotum"?

Yes I got blocked posting under his article, oglobo or the nsa must not have liked what I tried to put there.

Are you saying that Dr.TGB works for NSA? Preposterous. With his thick glasses and beard, he is more likely to work for NKVD or Gestapo (and ASP has every reason to place him under suspect list).smilies/sad.gif

btw, I read his essay on the difference between "quantitative" and "qualitative" scientific research. This is the first time he has come out with sensible comments of some practical utility to all our distinguished fellow peasant bloggers. For this reason, I grudgingly pressed the green plus sign and nothing happened.smilies/shocked.gif Something wrong at the server? Probably that was the reason your comment got "blocked" and lets not get paranoiac about the involvement of the Commies or the Neo Nazis in the "temporary" problems at the server.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif
Although I may not have a vacation to end, that's enough time spent dealing with an echo-chamber of two sock puppets.

See you guys in another couple of years, perhaps!

If you want to get in touch with me, you know where to find me.
terciary response
"access to facts instead of superstitions" Sorry tad, the access is there and improving but the superstitions are what you create or maintain.

"terminally broken" Most certainly not, it is after all a "system" and thank God they've got one so as to cut the crap out like what was going on with the diploma mills you used to be associated with. Does going maybe as much as three years before even being allowed to take classes in other departments and areas outside of the prescribed regimen make sense to you? Isn't that like continuing on with forced bottle feeding? Does it make any sense to you or I? Keeping the babies babies and child like beyond their years? Lot's of different developmental issues and considerations come into play here.

Will there always be kids that are "good test takers" that get by very well in any system but ultimately be of much lesser value than someone that never finished up and got that special piece of paper? Yep, that happens everywhere.

I was thrilled to learn that if Luiza keeps it up and does well that later on she might have a chance to do a stint at MIT. Wow, a big booyah to the strides and improvements brasil is making. Now of course that's not because she got into some federal university by way of a quota advantage nor that she might or might not be dependent on her aunt's perceived to be a rich American gringo husband ready to be fleeced as you would perceive it.

Definition of an Engineer: A prostitute to industry, it's all just a matter of what you're willing to let yourself go for.

Do you have any opinion on the subject of ditching the vestibular in favor of the ENEM?

You still haven't told us how many lecture series nor in what subjects you are assigned to conduct this semester Herr Doctor.
written by Simpleton, February 18, 2014
Joao, once again you didn't "wait for it". What's the use of having a conspiracy theory like Tad's one and only protege this semester has postulated if we can't managed to actually conspire? I was still working on setting up these two yayhoos. Now it's a bust. The theorem that you and I are somehow in cahoots / in bed together was put forth by Eduoardo. Tad's own references / re-embolstering of that came in the form of his sock puppet chides. You never let c**ksuckstina drag you in and fire you off, why did you let this pip squeak college geek and taddildo himself do that?

Back on topic:
Tad says the article is patronizing
Asp says the article is patronizing
Borba says the article is bosta
Edouardo says because Tad and Asp say the article is patronizing then it must be a fact that it is patronizing
The resident idiota and the senile old fool say take a break, put your thinking caps on, go look at some other aspects and some really comical other stuff located elsewhere, try to collect real data and qualify your sources of information before you let your gut reaction pop-up opinions get the better of you

Thanks Tad for pointing out you live in a publish or perish world. I think the glimpse you provided into that will be helpful / informative for asp and Joao. When it becomes the end all for be all like it is for some of you folks, for sure it fuks you the fuk up.

Most higher level educators aren't in it for the money / many wouldn't do it or stay there considering all the in fighting and competition to garner resources, maintain accreditation, etc., etc. etc., considering the low wages. Many will out right tell you that if it weren't for getting their modicum of independent lab time, they wouldn't do it. We're all probably a little jealous of the kind of lab time you get even if you deny you have any "hands on" aspects to your projects.

written by asp, February 18, 2014
Oh give me a mother fuking break, blobby here , googles a university schedule, which is his experteice, and , is given some kind of credit ? Are you fuking bulls**tting me? This motherfuker has avoided the facts and realities I have brought in , like a dreaded disease , and gets some kind of praise for being able to google a university schedule...

I mean what the fuk is going on when the truth and facts are avoided ?

And this mother faker makes it like he is so occupied, and we are lucky to have had these moments with him? Go fuk yourself...this pussy used to spend gargantuan hours on other blogs, until he got banned, basically the same s**t, people start realizing what a despicable piece of crap he is...you can't argue with this bitch, you have to bitch slap him around the room...him and his protégées. Kick their mother fuking asses
written by asp, February 18, 2014
mother fukers like blobby , when they are getting their ass handed to them on a platter, start talking that spending too much time on this blog s**t, just to give themselves an exit from a good old fashioned ass whipping

What time on this blog? Once a day...and to flush this punk asses bulls**t out in th open, show how it ties into a general tone of bulls**t, coming from people who think like he does, only clarifies what kind of slime s**t mentality is affecting brazil right now...it's good to bring their crap pot in the open

In the media circus, for one moment, when one of theirs got killed, the press a thusly started uncovering some blatant truths I've been proving since the beginning ...now, it will stert to sink back into the confusion, but, the truth is out there if you look..

But this motherfuker is full os s**t
written by João da Silva, February 18, 2014

Although I may not have a vacation to end, that's enough time spent dealing with an echo-chamber of two sock puppets.

Don't be ingrato, Doc. We did help ya to recover your sense of humor, didn't we?

On a serious note:

Because when you're dealing with CAPES/CNPq's little math machine, everything counts as long as it has an ISSN/ISBN and you'd be a fool not to cite anything that counts.

You are absolutely right a well as frank. Yes, I noticed that you don't include comments, especially ours (unpublishable, without censura!)

Take care & all the best in academic year 2014.smilies/smiley.gif
Simpleton

Joao, once again you didn't "wait for it".

I cant wait eternally "for it", Simp.smilies/angry.gif Either you have to go all the way to demolish his theory or accept it. Since you waited too long, I decided to accept it (on your behalf).smilies/wink.gif Besides, remember what good ole Sun Tzu taught your Greek forefathers: "Keep your enemy close and humored up".smilies/cool.gif

The theorem that you and I are somehow in cahoots / in bed together was put forth by Eduoardo.

Dudo Singingrooster must be a nephew of TGB! Probably works in Itamaraty as a junior diplomat. Re-read what he wrote!!!!

Cheers
telegraphing
Since the good Dr has apparently promised to "See you guys in another couple of years" are we to assume he might be at this point achieving "tenor" status (or is that tenure?). If the first brasileira ex-wife didn't castrate him while he was passing through pubescence because of his predilection to "research", perhaps it's that his nephew Dudu SingingRooster has achieved enough pull to keep him in or, he's all too comfortable with his thought that his "solo" act and reliance on the soon to be released book is completely adequate to make him a successful "test taker" and skate through / fool the system and thus pass the grade?

BTW, I did read and reread Dudu SingingRoosters two posts prior to your "recommendation". Great writer and almost as "diplomatic" as your kind self. You didn't note that I had applauded him?

Yep, suck em in, blow em out, blow em away - Helen of Troy
BTW
I don't want anyone to get any wrong opinions and feel I'm somehow patronizing of TGB. He is after all only the second Oshkosher I've known. The first was a gal that just used me for sex while I was in school. Her boyfriend, the butcher, would come visit her at school about once every five to six weeks. Of all the non-accredited "teachers" I ever studied under (or over, or side by side with for that matter), she was the most beneficial for my accumulation of knowledge. Not surprising that she was very intelligent, very well versed, a supreme intellectual, etc., etc., after all when she graduated from Tad's high school she was Summa cum Laude (not Summa cum Loude or at least not while her roommate was sleeping on the top bunk.) As for accredited educators, I would have to say the blind woman that taught the study session for my third year calculus class was the best of the best. Did I abuse her in some way? Yes, I was one of the malandros that would pick a chair in the back of the room and go ahead and smoke cigarettes during class time. She only commented about it once but she knew who those people were but because of the rapport and true attention, interactivity, real desire to learn that she stimulated was also most evident, all was forgiven.

Are you okay Michael? Again I didn't want to put you into a state of shock by dirtying up your thread but working at putting this piece of s**t ahole Tad to bed is a community service.
Simpleton

I don't want anyone to get any wrong opinions and feel I'm somehow patronizing of TGB. He is after all only the second Oshkosher I've known. The first was a gal that just used me for sex while I was in school.

You mean to say that you had sex when you were still in school? Did your parents (or hers) and the poor butcher (who was levando chifre) know about it? What a horrible kid you were.smilies/sad.gif

Of all the non-accredited "teachers" I ever studied under (or over, or side by side with for that matter), she was the most beneficial for my accumulation of knowledge.

Accumulation of your knowledge in Kama Sudra? Jolly good of her.smilies/wink.gif

Not surprising that she was very intelligent, very well versed, a supreme intellectual, etc., etc., after all when she graduated from Tad's high school she was Summa cum Laude (not Summa cum Loude or at least not while her roommate was sleeping on the top bunk.)

We men have the brains between our balls at that age and let the girls get all the summa cum laude (though not in my case). So I 'll overlook that. But are you sure her roommate was sleeping on top of her and not the bunk. Please clarify ASP.

I would have to say the blind woman that taught the study session for my third year calculus class was the best of the best. Did I abuse her in some way? Yes,

You abused a poor old blind helpless lady ? Simp, I am horrified.smilies/shocked.gif

She only commented about it once

To the cops?

An interesting story with plenty of human "touch" in it, Simp. You must have had a pretty exciting childhood. One last question, though: What happened to the Butcher?smilies/cry.gif
damn
Ain't it cool that TGB isn't associated with UERJ? They just made the second cut results public on the 18th during the afternoon and the named kids will be contacted and are going to have the opportunity for the pre-registration process on the 20th and 21st (assuming they already know or are told or can google where exactly they need to show up). I know people that just this week are "a little" disappointed (because of their childishness like demeanor) that their grade school / high school kids ended up in pm classes instead of am classes (and thank God it wasn't night classes.) (Wait a while and maybe they can get transferred.) For sure it was the Mommy's / Daddy's fault for not going and camping in a tent in line to be sure they had first pick like one might do way back decades ago for a Bob Dylan concert ticket. And Michael, ya sure, the more or less traditional phone contact or in person contact with "family" back during semana dos santos left him wondering what the heck is going on with his beloved non-niece Luiza that not even a well respected UFRJ prof could give one gramme of assistance to in digging out the all the so readily available information. Day by day, moment by moment, nothing you can do about it so just don't worry, make any work, vacation or childcare plans, get nervous or upset in any way ... Simply amazing how well some cultures take it all in stride.
well rounded
educations are hard to come by. For sure Tad had one in his early years, what happened after that probably does not explain him. Maybe kiddie-fiddling?

What happened ultimately to the butcher? No clue. I would guess he was still serving Tad's family but for a discount and ultimately married my "educator". Last I heard anything about her was about four years ago in the form of an inquiry from my old roommate as to whether I had "seen" her lately. We never linked back up. From what I understand she's around though and just like before not "getting around".

Campus police showing up in a third floor class room in one of the most prestigious and noble buildings on the whole property during daytime hours? Oh you've got to be kidding. Didn't take us all more than two maybe three weeks at most to convince her she really didn't need to use the slide-along chalk board string writing guide mechanism to put up what she wanted to physically write down for us to "see". (She did ultimately admit she had that apparatus simply because the U insisted it was "necessary".)
Pimpleton: In the land of the witless, this half-wit is king.
written by costinha, February 19, 2014
Button down that flapping upper lip of yours, goofy, genetically altered chuckling chump!

Costinha

PS: Pimpleton 100% Bastardo.
took a bit of goading
written by Simpleton, February 19, 2014
(or is that double puckered goating?) to get c**ksuckstinha to come down out of heshe's glass tower and join us in the revolt at Tad's ivory quioska but come heshe did! Did I mention we already have the coordinates for Tab's palacial family estate? We're setting up to dump a 22 kilo bag of 10-10-10 overboard during the next EAA (recently renamed Air Venture) to help the poor bturd's family out with the lawn fertilizing. Sorry, despite the nitrogen content there will be no pyrotechnics. I gave up on building homebrew explosives, pipe bombs, whatall, to decimate my enemies and enemies of my friends back when I was 15.
Pimpleton 100% Bastardo
written by Costinha, February 19, 2014
There you go again!

You know how light travels faster than sound... This is why Pimpleton appears bright until we hear him barking.

Pimpleton: Shut up, before I stick shove my foot so far up your ass that you'll be s**tting shoe-shaped turds for a month.

f**k the US of A

Costinha
essa cara sou eu
written by Simpleton, February 19, 2014
Listen carefully c**ksuckstinha, even as value(less) as what Tad has contributed thus fur to Michaels's thread, your "over the top" statements have fallen on deafened ears. Quite clearly you are slipping (or did you grease up first???)smilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif Most certainly I'm someone that would "give a s**t" for someone who had disabilities. Sorry to hear about your peg leg that you have to use to "stick shove" things where you would obviously prefer them shoved. Explains why you don't come down out of your glass tower so often.
Hehehe ... Byte Me Sucka
written by Costinha, February 20, 2014
Pimpleton 100% Bastardo

What to Do When Your Turkey Feathers Get Ruffled:

Why don't you jump up on the dinner table and see if you can gain more respect around here!

Pimpleton - I haven't heard an amorphous blob of a boob talk such a lame load of s**t like you since.. well, actually, since you last opened your cakehole, you pimple-faced perpetual wedgie victim. Now then, go f.u.c.k. yourself into oblivion, she-beast.

Yours truly,

Costinha
oooohhhhh
written by Simpleton, February 20, 2014
I love it when you talk nasty c**ksuckstinha. Fonts, highlights, creative use of white space ... you're a real pro.

Being it's well after the fifteenth it's safe to assume the porteiros in your luxo apartment building have all cycled through to get their gorjeta from the resident invalid. With all the heat who wouldn't have come chill out and get a swirlly from an ice cold bitch like you? Are you still blue in the face? It's okay now, you can take a deep breath. We understand that must have been the reason you were so silent for so long.
Thanks for your warm words, Pimpleton.
written by Costinha, February 20, 2014
Pimpleton 100% Bastardo

Actually, all the format done on this tabloid forum is using simple HTML tags (i.e. bold face ). You probably don't know what that means Pimpleton... just Google it.

Now then... You still a pitiful puny pimple-popping putrid pile of prepubescent puke, QUESTIONS?

Yours not truly,

Costinha

PS: PIMPLETON DEPRAVADO DE SEXO
only one question
written by Simpleton, February 20, 2014
Mighty impressive there c**ksta. You've almost mastered alliteration Then maybe it's just you put-put-putting out your other dripping hole.

Question is how long do you think it's going to take for the faxineiras to figure out why their mop and broom handles always seem to have stickum on them?

(Don't forget not to put the 100th post under this thread, Joao has already pre-claimed that prize. The way it's going he won't have to wait long for it. I don't think the old cogger even buys green bananas anymore as he might not be around long enough for them to ripen. 1st of the month hopefully will bring us some new articles so we can go back to debating instead of listening to you master...)
Pimpleton 100% Bastardo
written by costinha, February 20, 2014
Pimpleton:

Would you like some cheese and crackers to go with that whine?

I'm guessing you spend your evenings popping pimples and sniffing your sister's gym socks while waiting anxiously for your hairless balls to drop, Rupert

Hehehehe ...

Costinha

PS. VOLTA PRO ZOOLOGICO MACACA!

Simpleton
written by João da Silva, February 21, 2014

Don't forget not to put the 100th post under this thread, Joao has already pre-claimed that prize.

No, Simp. The 100th post is all yours or Costinha's and you guys decide!

btw, the "other" thread seems to be going well. Who is going to write the 300th comment there? Certainly not me. I don't want to get involved.smilies/cry.gif
poderosa
written by Simpleton, February 21, 2014
Joao, the post where you said you personally had made the 100th comment under this thread (while the actual count was far under 100, and in fact under the count in the middle one that Ricky took over) does seem to have magically disappeared. I should have commented on your faux pas immediately but in deference to my elder and someone a whole heck of a lot smarter than I despite disparate formal educations, I understood you were making reference to your standing in the other thread not this one. Clearly spending the winter here instead of there has taken it's toll on me. My presumptive personal attacks on TGB and the most recent maceration of c**ksta you will admit are uncharacteristic of the "normal" or "classic" Simpleton behaviors of the past. Although I seriously doubt it will get there, what's the comment count "record" anyway? Something like a little over 400 comments? Is anyone going to be kind enough to go post under the thread Ricky commandeered? I've started worrying about that for a while when I saw the comment count in this tread approaching and then overtaking the count in that one. I don't want him feeling people are avoiding him or not reading what he says and checking out at least a few of his links.

Okay, agreed, let's not get involved. Maybe we need a thread for Ricky, he deserves one, a separate thread for TGB and asp (i.e. two) so they don't go on and on not having even the slightest respect for each other and one of them not having even the slightest respect for anyone that doesn't agree with his superior intellect but in the case no one contradicts him he'll go even so far as to resort to reversing his position just for the sake of arguing with someone. c**ksta and your kind self are cordially invited to all. I myself will refrain unless I see folks starting to agree with each other a little too much. In which case I will don the devil's advocate hat and interject as is my custom even when I may in fact also agree.

(Yes Costinha, I'm giving myself my own exit que thank you very much.)

Pimpleton 100% Bastardo
written by Costinha, February 22, 2014

Pimpleton .... You have such a big mouth, you can sing a duet all by yourself! With such a BIG mouth, I bet you can eat a banana sideways.

You talk way too damn much to say absolutely nothing

Shut up before I smash your pumpkin head with a sledgehammer of verbal abuse until you lose all use of language and are left with the words 'Please' 'Kill' and 'Me' as your only grasp of it.

Yours not truly,

Costinha

PS: PIMPLETON BURRALDINO

Pimpleton 100% Bastardo
PIMPLETON

Now then, remain SILENT and pretend you are an intellectual since you're clueless to the core !

You should never drink on an empty head.

Nuff said,

Costinha

PS: PIMPLETON BURRALDINA

João da Silva I missed you SUCKA.... Sad but true.

Costinha da Costa
written by João da Silva, February 22, 2014

João da Silva I missed you SUCKA.... Sad but true.

Likewise, Costa. The youngsters these days don't seem to have sense of humor like ours! Glad you decided to join us to liven up the thread.

btw, where have you been during the past year? Cal Tech, Max Planck , etc:? I remember your confessing (in one of your "weak" moments) that you are a Físico-Matemático and do not really belong to the peasant class, though you are willing to entertain us all with your witty comments!

Cheers and good to hear from you. Keep in touch.

The 100th comment on this thread is for you or Simpleton (whoever grabs it first).smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif
Finding My Friends ...
written by Lloyd Cata, February 23, 2014
...here @brazzil, living 'a vida de camponeses burguesia' is no surprise, while I 'man the barracades of Kyiv'(!) smilies/sad.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cool.gif

Welcome news, that MyLady Yulia has been freed from the grip of the Russian stooges, who are not even Good Communists(?)

Being so close to Sochi is too close to Moscow for me, but for her I would storm Red Square itself smilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

João, what's good to drink these days when the Earth is 'thirsty'? Can you imagine World Cup without WATER(!) Perhaps I will 'rent' a WetNurse to keep me lubricated and well nourished smilies/grin.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

Was that Comrade Simpleton just leaving? Looking forward to Ricardo's take on Hot Money, Dark Money, Cyber-Money, Bitcoin, et al smilies/grin.gifsmilies/tongue.gif
Timothy Geithner & Federal Reserve Get Another Look
written by Lloyd Cata, February 23, 2014
Any guesses why the #FED chose not to "tackle the #LIBOR scandal"? #FederalReserve knew about Libor rigging in 2008 http://goo.gl/s0KFgD

@Tazatator @DivaTomboy From 2012... More on the #LIBOR scandal. #Geithner knew about it in 2008 http://goo.gl/HXFxyF … #FED #FederalReserve

[Brazzil 2010 Comments...]
@_FederalReserve @TheMadPrepper @Tazatator @DivaTomboy #TheTruth is #NotEasy;http://goo.gl/BrsedP #Geithner in #Comments, ...@USTreasury

Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, February 23, 2014

Another pleasant surprise. Dr.L.C., our Chief Conspirator is also back after a long absence. Perhaps he was quite busy in 2013 staging counter revolution in Egypt, coup d'etat in Ukrania, mining blood diamonds in Africa, etc?smilies/cry.gif

However, it is a pleasure to have this great intellectual amongst us again. Also congratulations for writing the 100th comment (rather stealing the honor!) in this thread.smilies/shocked.gif

As for our distinguished fellow blogger Comrade Simpleton pulling out: I would imagine he is just doing "cú doce" and after seeing you back again, I am sure he will continue honoring us with his pearls of wisdom.

Talking about Sochi games, shame on the American Hockey team. Surrendered to the Finns without giving a "fair" fight.smilies/cry.gif
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, February 23, 2014

Simp, how can you be such an "ingrato" to Costa & me? We prepared the "campo" for you to write the 100th comment. You sat on your popo & did nothing, letting L.C. to come from nowhere to claim that dubious honor.smilies/angry.gif

Is anyone going to be kind enough to go post under the thread Ricky commandeered? I've started worrying about that for a while when I saw the comment count in this tread approaching and then overtaking the count in that one. I don't want him feeling people are avoiding him or not reading what he says and checking out at least a few of his links.

Rickey should write his own article like he did years ago. If I recall correctly he got more than 600 comments, because the article dealt with Brasilian problems and alternative solutions. Lately he has been avoiding to discuss topics related to Brasil.

I agree with your recent suggestion to the editors to publish new articles starting from March.
PIMPLE … PIPMLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !
written by costinha, February 24, 2014
From Wherever You Are ...

Would you come out and play ? I think João wants to POP some of your PIMPLES !

Costa
PIMPLE … PIMPLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !
written by costinha, February 24, 2014

From Wherever You Are …..

Would you come out and play ? I think João wants to POP some of your PIMPLES !

smilies/grin.gif Costa smilies/grin.gif
New Rules ....
written by Lloyd Cata, February 25, 2014
Since my 'unexcused' absence smilies/sad.gif and my 'ill-timed' entrance smilies/angry.gif I must beg my comrades "esculpa" smilies/cool.gif

Apparently, I have much 'homework' to do catching up, but wanted you to know my work East-of-Odessa, carefully maneuvering to avoid the attention of anarchists & authoritarians smilies/wink.gif Though much remains to be done, I leave my "Camaradas das Barricadas" in Kyiv prepared to deal 'civilly' with both Imperialists and Hegemonists, knowing well that one is just as bad as the other, eh(?)

So, we CountDown[2]TheGames; the World Cup is almost upon you. Hopefully, with little interference from Agitators[&]Anarchists, because their Tricks are well-known to disturb the PublicHarmony(!)

Not to CarryOn, since I have so rudely interfered with some 100-Comment Edict ... smilies/sad.gifsmilies/shocked.gifsmilies/smiley.gif so I shall pick up when I have reacquainted myself with the Landscape, because WellUKnow that I am a FearlessWarrior against the Minions-Of-Mischief(!)
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, February 25, 2014

Since my 'unexcused' absence and my 'ill-timed' entrance I must beg my comrades "esculpa"

Your apologies accepted, though we all know you are not very serious while extending them.smilies/cool.gif

Not to CarryOn, since I have so rudely interfered with some 100-Comment Edict

To give credit to ya, happy you agree that you are an extremely rude man. It takes a lot of courage to come out with this sort of confession & our kudos to you.smilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/smiley.gif

Apparently, I have much 'homework' to do catching up, but wanted you to know my work East-of-Odessa, carefully maneuvering to avoid the attention of anarchists & authoritarians

Did you get to read "Winter of the World" (Ken Follet) at all? The entire setting was "East of Odessa".smilies/cry.gif

The whole circus about Ukraine, IMHO, is whether that country wants to "belong" to the E.U. or hide behind the "Iron Curtain".smilies/cry.gif

Please let us know your views (With the permission of your "Missus").smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
written by João Simpleton da Costa Cata, February 26, 2014
Look kids! You can have fun talking to yourself, too!

So Little Time ...
written by Lloyd Cata, February 26, 2014
"...permission of the Missus"-Joao

"The greatest Treasure is a Woman who Understands", ...my Lord&Saviour never Married. I am truly Blessed(.)

Agree-agree-agreed, Dr. Amoral should contribute more of his own 'perspective' with contributions to my poor understanding of Brazil and its People. Of course, he can start by telling Brazzil; is Bitcoin #Safe4Peasants(?) smilies/cool.gifsmilies/shocked.gifsmilies/angry.gif
...& Before I Forget 'Protocol'
written by Lloyd Cata, February 26, 2014
Let me thank the author for an illustrated literary look at Brazil from an American ex-pat, also 'learning'{smart} I do welcome his insight and will be 'following' his futher comments on his website. TKS smilies/smiley.gif

...and for our illustrious moderator, KUDOS smilies/cool.gif
written by Double-Dot, February 26, 2014

Look kids! You can have fun talking to yourself, too!

Was it you that who wrote this scheisse, Gregorowitch?

God bless America and save us from all the Commies.
written by João da Silva, February 26, 2014

Esteemed Double-Dot,

Was it you that who wrote this scheisse, Gregorowitch?

How did you discover that young Gregory was the one who wrote it?smilies/shocked.gif

You must have 6th,7th & Nth sentido.smilies/cool.gif

God is a Brasilian & we have all HIS blessings.
being blessed with hind sight
written by Simpleton, February 26, 2014
I did reserve the right to post when I saw too many personages agreeing with themselves (like your kind self Joao) didn't I?

Considering that Musas, orixás do Salgueiro (que defender e proteger tudo nos abaixa de Deus), Cristo Redentor, xixi in the streets, etc., etc., etc., are all the rage these days, of course you are quite right in saying God is a Brasilian and YOU all have HIS blessings.

The darn gum thing about mastering "simple" HTML (which I've never tried - just give me one of my six different eighties vintage text editors and I'm quite at peace) is that not even UFRJ university professors and their well spoken, superbly adept at written English admirers sometimes screw up and post blank "x" non-images like Joao Simpleton da Costa Cata recently did. (But maybe it is just an x highlighted in reverse colors ala black bloc with it being the focus point selected as denoted by it being encased in a box?) Go check all the other recent threads (feel free to go back as far as you've got stamina to search) and tell us who all you see has committed such atrocities. It's a damn commie plot I tell you! Besides, Double-Dot is rarely off target (although having two.)
too doo loooo
written by Simpleton, February 26, 2014
Grammatical corrections for the anally fixated: please drop the "not" between the "that" and "even" in my above post.

Globo sucks (except for the first new Globoleza in eight years) but just for laughs try Evite o Rio and
http://g1.globo.com/bemestar/noticia/2014/02/fazer-xixi-apos-relacao-sexual-pode-diminuir-o-risco-de-infeccao-urinaria.html
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, February 27, 2014

I did reserve the right to post when I saw too many personages agreeing with themselves (like your kind self Joao) didn't I?

Simp,you have every right to wait in ambush and pounce on the unsuspecting UFRJ professor at the right moment like you did now.smilies/cool.gif

What surprised me was that the Hillbilly compatriot of yours easily decoded the message the good professor posted to his comrades-in-arms to don their masks and go on the streets of Rio and protest.smilies/shocked.gif One more Commie plot foiled by our esteemed Double-Dot and our Patria sighs in relief.smilies/cheesy.gif

btw, what is your objective in giving a homework for Dr.TGB to do in his thread? You are trying to sell organic veggies to Brasilans?smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif
more BS from the one and only ... Popping Pimple Pooter.
written by Costinha, February 27, 2014

There comes the PRICK once again ... What a turd-tossing tard !

If you sucked anymore than you already do, you'd implode.

You should join forces with Bo(bão) and dance the Macarena for nickels outside of your nearest Wal-Mart, stupid !

Costinha

PS. Pimpleton 100% Bastardo
Hhmmm....
written by Lloyd Cata, February 27, 2014
Clearly, this article has 'touched' the sensibilities of this 'multitude' of "Braziliero" THOUGHT{sic}

Again, I applaud the author for an intellectual effort to describe HIS experience, which has 'some' validity even among the Boombas.

"I gather #TheTruth in #TheFields of #TheEarth, press It into a #FineWine, with a #FragrantBouquet, it becomes One with #MyHeart, and I am #Cured."

Gather only the #RipeOnes children, it is #TheBounty of #God(!)
Lloyd Cata

My apologies for not responding to your earlier post, Dr.L.C. You didn't have to get pissed and write a garbled post talking about Wine, Fragrance, Bouquet, etc;smilies/sad.gif

You wrote earlier:

Dr. Amoral should contribute more of his own 'perspective' with contributions to my poor understanding of Brazil and its People.

Sadly Rickey is in no mood nor patience to contribute to your "understanding of Brasil and its povo". Instead, I suggest you attend the summer course given by our respected fellow blogger Dr.TGB on this topic. The fees are stiff, though a large percentage of it goes to the Federal Government. But....but...but... at the end of the two week course, you get a certificate along with a leather bound copy of his address book listing the names and phone numbers of all his research subjects. Both the "documentos" are autographed by him.

Guess what? His T.A. is none other than our equally distinguished friend ASP.smilies/cool.gif

Cheers to all.
slim pickens
written by Simpleton, February 27, 2014
(not that asp could appreciate such museable drivel), are when there are no more low hung fruit to grasp at - Sir Lloyd, you are one impressive individual!

Joao, why should I not give TGB a homework assignment in his own thread? He prides himself on debasing bunk so let him go try to do that against other "published" veterans he likes (in his humble imagination) to equate to himself.

Costinha, I tried and obviously failed to let you go hang yourself (to satisfy your auto-erotic tendency) although we did note the "temporary" brain damage evidenced by your stuttering posts. Impatience will get you everywhere. Never the less, please forgive me. I promise I'll try to do a better job at slaughtering the little piggies humanely. I don't think asp would suffer me showing up in the next protest over brasilians doing things doggie style while a bricklayer has disappeared without a full accounting. Since you're into show tunes, perhaps I should give you a homework assignment too. Use your creative talents and see what you can do to come up with parody lyrics for the song containing "Dancing in the streets" for mass public consumption in Rio De Janeiro. You know, something like "Fazer Xixi no Rua".
Simpleton

Joao, why should I not give TGB a homework assignment in his own thread? He prides himself on debasing bunk so let him go try to do that against other "published" veterans he likes (in his humble imagination) to equate to himself.

Simp, you ole coot, are you (not so) subtlety suggesting we re-hijack his thread and write whatever sheisse we want? A cute idea & I am confident our distinguished friend Sir.Lloyd will be happy to lead the "raiding party". If Dr.L.C. is unwilling, I could always use my "persuasive powers" conferred on me by our State Authorities. smilies/cool.gif
Education: For The Masses & The Masters
written by Lloyd Cata, February 27, 2014
I suggest you attend the summer course given by our respected fellow blogger Dr.TGB on this topic. The fees are stiff, though a large percentage of it goes to the Federal Government.

The only "Culture" I disagree/disrespect is the "Culture-Of-Ignorance" which has neither nationality or borders;

Brazil's Government is sending 100,000 student abroad for Education, so obviously there is 'recognition' of Deficit. That is not to say their 'point-of-destination' is any better because American students are 'insulted' by their own IndenturedServitude[4]SpongeBobEducation. Since Money now buys Education, you may as well purchase it from a vending machine(MOOC's/@KhanAcademy)?

Several years ago, I should say at the 'beginning' of the Big Swindle(QE-$4T) I recommended that the Federal Government 'import' Education{archives}, because of the excess of skilled teaching talent, when the USA had/has no Teaching Jobs for very-educated Americans. Considering 'now' how the Brazilian Medical community greeted the Cuban doctors, it is understandable that the Education community would 'stamp out' Lula himself for such an admission of INCOMPETENCE(!) The Truth is Hard, but Ignorance has Consequences(?) Reform YOUR Federal Education -or- send the children someplace else, ...and guess what; maybe a few will come back to 'mamage' The Plantation smilies/sad.gif I understand Assad has an Oxford Education(dentistry?) Perhaps an excellent example of an Imperialist Education.

That Ricky has chosen other pursuits is no wonder given the Economics of the moment. Perhaps he loses himself in the Bitcoin Vortex that is freezing the brains of the most 'esteemed' economists smilies/sad.gif Given the USA has PrintedProsperity[QE] and now looks to flex its Monetary Muscle, best not to get in the way of the Avalanche-of-Dollars, maybe some will come his way(?) When you have 'No Receipt' after 'spending/investing' $4T the People get nervous about Money(!) Voila, Crypto-Currency(!!!) Can I buy Brazil now... smilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

For my most 'eloquent' American comrades, I pose this question as a measure of your sincerity to TheTruth; "When did PBO become a FreeMason?" smilies/shocked.gifsmilies/cool.gifsmilies/shocked.gif
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, February 28, 2014

Brazil's Government is sending 100,000 student abroad for Education, so obviously there is 'recognition' of Deficit.

I am not sure it is a "recognition of deficit". Some days ago I was trying to engage Mr.J.S.da Costa Cata into a healthy debate over this issue, since he is an educator. Somehow we got sidetracked.smilies/sad.gif

For my most 'eloquent' American comrades, I pose this question as a measure of your sincerity to TheTruth; "When did PBO become a FreeMason?"

Since this thread (and the magazine) is dominated by several of your "eloquent" and "vociferous" Komrads, I'll let them answer your question. I prefer not to interfere in the internal affairs of a foreign country (unless invited). smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
PIMPLETON - Pretentious or Intellectual?
written by Costinha, February 28, 2014

I’d bet this peckerwood got a BA in English recently … And he is so darn proud of it that he looks at himself in the mirror and self-congratulates. What a useless worthless pretentious moron !

I understand your script of superiority. Your speaking in definitives to overemphasize your intellectual attitude make you look like an intellectually inept dizzard, afflicted by mental retardation. That’s the sign of some deep insecurity disturbance !

PIMPLETON … you are a nerd, a fake, and I think your gene pool could use a little chlorine. Did that pimple on your ass turned out to be a brain tumor ?

Now then, if it is taking you more than an hour to cook Minute rice, go see your psychiatric specialist.

Lastly, your intellectual play is taking more words than necessary to tell more than you really know.

Good day,

Costinha

PS PIMPLETON 100% BASTARDO
written by Simpleton, February 28, 2014
Thanks for wishing me all the best Costinha but obviously your gas gauge is reading full while in fact you've been running on fumes for quite awhile now.

Here's some old gems for ya that you might be able to handle:
"Well ...." Now that's a deep subject for such a shallow mind.
"So ...." Buttons.

A BA in English you say? No, I tried the local mini-mart but as ch.c would say, they were all out of boxes of detergent. In need of psychiatric assistance? Probably but the drugs I'm doing seem to be keeping me holding together just fine for the time being. The college prep English teacher I had had this annoying habit of waking me up when everyone in the class, which included my class year's Valedictorian and Salutatorian sitting right next to me, started fideting and avoiding eye contact because no one seemed to be able to handle the question. An hour to make minute rice? I wouldn't know how to read the directions on the package much less use a clock vs counting out loud (inside my head with my mouth moving) one one thousand, two one thousand, three one .... Probably explains why the pie I made for homeec took first place with the teacher / parent conference voters. There, is that enough breaking my own arm off for ya Costa? If not there's still some leftovers from the stir fry I made last night (sorry, I didn't use minute rice - too much patience I guess). I'm telling you seriously it was just to die for! Unfortunately, as always seems to be the case with oriental food I got hungry later and chewed my little fingernail off so now I'm feeling a bit vulnerable and weak mental capacity-wise to people like you.
Comrades & Conspiracies
written by Lloyd Cata, February 28, 2014

The Question, to whom it was addressed, was not Intended[2B]Relevant to the Discussion, b-b-butt Knowledge of "your own" History 'sometimes' Teaches us how to Look in 'other' Peoples Mirrors; i.e. #TheMirrorOfHistory - http://goo.gl/1lZiFa

Did you not read "Sleeping Beauty, and did you not UNDERSTAND that #TheMirror was 'the point' of #TheStory(?) #TheTruth is not necessarily #TheHistory that you were TAUGHT, huh{Sun Yat-Sen}?

History 'reveals' TheConsequence of TheTruth(...?) Do not be #Blind2Error, but find TheAnswer[2]TheQuestion in TheMirror, Comrade(.)
PIMPLETON 100% BASTARDO

You Really Are An “Idiot Savant” Without The “Savant” Part.

Your egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of your own stupidity … BIG ego, and LOTS of empty space.

Did you eat paint chips when you were a kid or something ?

Get a life PRICK !

smilies/grin.gif Costinha smilies/grin.gif

PIMPLETON – An Ostentatious Egotistical Barf

Lloyd Cata... Whatever you are smoking I want some of that s.h.i.t.

Costa

Floyd Caca ... Whatever you've been smoking I want some of that S.H.I.T.

Costa
Good read Sir Lloyd. Does it somehow correlate to the fact that to try to instrument something so as to measure or monitor it's internal workings and explain them after the fact that one does necessarily interfere in some way and thus affect the outcome of what it was that was trying to being determined by other than empirical means? Seems that BA, MFA, PhdA types, history and the historian have some parlance which is akin but yet not akin to those who ascribe to the Pauli exclusion principle.

Costinha is a quark.
Damn my impatience. I shouldn't have rated Costinha as highly as a quark. Clearly a label of subhuman wouldn't have sufficed but even allowing heshe to be something like 1/3 of a neutron or a proton was way over weighting things. More like partially neutered or partially protean would be more apropos.
Hehehehe...... PIMPLETON Lost His Marbles

PIMPLY PIMPLETON:

I finally came to the conclusion that the singular accomplishment in your insignificant life is the successful dodging of a coat hanger for the first 9-months of it...

Hehehe

Costinha

Costa, when I raised you up to the level of being only partially neutered I was alluding escondida to the fact you lost something last night serving your manservant your left nut as you had nothing else of nutritional value left in your glass tower to provide on the dinner plate you are obligated to serve him. Talk about loosing one's marbles. Minute racista.

Sir Lloyd, just to clarify, when I thanked you for the good read, I was referring to the article in the link you provided. Costinha's remarks about smoking that which is Shipped High In Transit that is causing heshe to stutter once again is of zero mind expanding consequence. If anything my personal research showed it was detrimental to short term memory capacity.
BTW
Although the site stopped posting clock times for the comments years ago (such that one might gather the plausible time zone and personal daily habits of the posters), Costinha's regimen has been somewhat consistent. I am willing to speculate that heshe posts principally during heshe's lunch breaks at the stop and pump out by the interstate.
written by Célio Borba, February 28, 2014

Boa tarde, Seu Simpleton. O que significa o frase "BA in English" em Portugués?

Comrades & Conspiracies
written by Lloyd Cata, February 28, 2014

The Question, to whom it was addressed, was not Intended[2B]Relevant to the Discussion, b-b-butt Knowledge of "your own" History 'sometimes' Teaches us how to Look in 'other' Peoples Mirrors; i.e. #TheMirrorOfHistory - http://goo.gl/1lZiFa

Did you not read "Sleeping Beauty, and did you not UNDERSTAND that #TheMirror was 'the point' of #TheStory(?) #TheTruth is not necessarily #TheHistory that you were TAUGHT, huh{Sun Yat-Sen}?

History 'reveals' TheConsequence of TheTruth(...?) Do not be #Blind2Error, but find TheAnswer[2]TheQuestion in TheMirror, Comrade(.)
para borba
"BA" e "Bachelor of Arts", "in English" e "em ingles". For comparison also see "Bachelor of Science" (BS) (i.e. a degree in chemistry, physics, mathematics, XX engineering, medicine, etc., etc, etc..) Mais tem "JD" (Doutor Juris Prudence - avogado(a) ou juiz(a)) Nao e muito significo, um(a) professoro(a) e professoro(a), doutor(a) e doutor(a), so e um caso de especialidade.
Lloyd Cata
written by Célio Borba, March 01, 2014

Dr.L.C., You posted twice, the comments titled "Comrades & Conspiracies" and there is no reaction from any of your "American Comrades".smilies/sad.gifsmilies/cry.gif Comrade Double-Dot is either unable to decode the "square" you pasted or not interested in responding to your question.Even Comrade Simpleton seems to be reluctant to get involved.smilies/cry.gif

But...but...but... do you think you PBO is going to send in troops to Ukraine to prevent it from falling into the hands of the Commies again?smilies/cool.gif
Chaos Everywhere & The Destiny Of Dollars
written by Lloyd Cata, March 04, 2014
....and they wish me to break out my 'decoder-ri g', complete with video I suppose(?)

No wonder Dr. Amaral takes his leave of ignorance, because we know they can READ, but there is something in their naval that entertains them(...?)

Will Ricardo come out to play(?) I must know; "Is it safe yet to BUY BRAZIL with Bitcoin(¥B$)"?

I hear the Brits are working on Bitcoin TAXES....hhmmm, waiting to see what TheFed 'thinks' about Crypto-Currency, ...you see; Dark, Hot, Funny Money is flowing back into US Assets! The only question is "is it safe?" to use Bitcoin, or should I stay with the Haqqani Network, which precedes the founding of the USA, Brazil, or the internet(...?) "In God We Trust"{…not so much!)

Yet, take care not to confuse Cash & Chaos, stopping [2] Wars provides no Peace Dividend; Caracas awaits the Money & Munitions necessary to 'reinvent' the Bolivarian Paradise and forget the Revolution(!)

So looking to Book Brazil 2016 Olympiad. Is the formidable Asp renting the Cabana or not(?) All these Bitcoins 'mined' by the Slave Labor of Crypto-Crooks must be 'spent' Somewhere, and I'm sure Brazil will do its part to 'define' what Peasants will use for Bread, since you how the Money-lenders at IMF/WB like to Set-The-Price of Bread(!) Perhaps a Vacation-2-Cairo to refresh your 'thinking'(?)

A Dangerous World speaks well of Dollars, so 'expect' the Real Chaos to follow, which of course also Works-4-Dollars, huh(?) Surely Celso can explain what Krugman is at pains to tell you about Crooks&Liars.... smilies/shocked.gif

Come out and play Ricky....
Crooks & Liars | Communists & Facists
written by Lloyd Cata, March 04, 2014
My dear Celio Borba, welcome to TheForum(!) smilies/cool.gif

There is 'no' Military Option for Ukraine(.) Simply a new definition of Europe(?) Shall we 'rebuild' TheWall, or split-the-baby Economically & Militarily(?) A 'truce' of Russian Guns & European Butter(!) Else, another EU WelfareState... smilies/shocked.gifsmilies/cry.gif

Truly Mr. Putin plays Chess, and Mr. Obama plays Poker, but just like Reagan SURPRISE SURPRISE Obama has $4T to Work with. Reagan spent $2T to "tear down that Wall" and even PBO's Opposition will give anything to 'remove' the KGB's 'greatest living legend' Vladimir Putin, eh(?) Cold Winters for Ukraine means empty Bellies for Russia; "All in"(!) --> "Stalemate"(?)

For my USA Comrades, not to worry, the Defense Budget will speak for itself(...!) Something tells me, behind the scenes someone with Stars on his shoulders is Smiling at his Good Fortune, 2 Sets-of-Books; Blood & Treasure(.)
Helio Barba PLUS Floyd Caca PLUS Pimpleton CONVERGE
written by Costinha, March 04, 2014

into the same (...0...) !

Same Brain-Dead, Rectum-Sniffing, Ridiculous Little Jerk-In-The-Box ... Pricks.

Hey Queer Boys … Is Your Penis An Introvert?
I mean....
written by Costinha, March 04, 2014

the same (....0....) s

interesting
written by Simpleton, March 05, 2014
Costinha, I was wondering when you'd get your ugly rear out of the head. (Yes that's a naval term.) You should call down to the porteiro and ask them to round up a wheel barrow to help carry that lard filled appendage you call a brain down out of your glass tower and out to the street to get some exercise. Walking is good. Jogging would be better but we know your rug burned knees wouldn't take it. Perhaps you could arrange a cumbi and go out to the mato to a fazenda and do some horseback riding. It's not as good physical activity-wise but it does help psychologically / mentally. Perhaps you might decide you should actually stress yourself a bit more and give the horse a bare back ride instead. I think you'd like that. You're probably already breathing hard and sweating just thinking about it.

Joao, clearly your brasileiricano staph there in socali has been taking the month of carnival off and not followed through to post the new articles for the month as yet. Perhaps you should treat them the same as the 300 garis that failed to show up for "work" on Monday to clean up after the party revelers trashed the whole Cidade (de Merda) and dismiss them. Funny that the department of justico should declare the strike they commenced on Saturday as "illegal". Yep, that's the problem, right.
HELIO BARBA plus FLOYD CACA plus PIMPLETON is the same Whiny-Assed Idiot !
written by Costinha, March 05, 2014

PIMPLY - Do that trick again; the one where you open your mouth and your head disappears.

The Boring - Unoriginal - Uncreative – Unreadable “writing styles” are identical, from the same Stümper (nerd). Try Again !

If you don’t change your tune, I will water you twice a week …

Kiss My (….. o …..)

PS Hehehe
so you've watched Men In Black
You better duck next time c**ksta when they come to visit your newspaper stand seeking useful information. Your head will regenerate only so many times. Now we know why you don't come down out of your glass tower and consort with us peasants. POP-erratzi might take your ninth life.
so you've watched Men In Black … No … but I wanna give you a Black Eye !
written by Costinha, March 05, 2014

The only insult you merit from me consists of 98% saliva.

Now shut the F.U.C.K.-.U.P Pimply Butt

Spitefire Satire
c**ksta, not to give our egolinguistas more armament for their next destaque that THEY buyed into before but are you saying you spitteded it out instead of swallowing (because you were afraid you'd get pregnant?) Only 98% saliva? Now that's a big load there hey isn't it. Either way your horse is proud of you.
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, March 05, 2014

Joao, clearly your brasileiricano staph there in socali has been taking the month of carnival off and not followed through to post the new articles for the month as yet.

Holy Sheisse, Simp.smilies/sad.gif I take a few days off to isolate myself from the madding crowd and scheisse really hits the ventilador.smilies/angry.gif Moral of the story: Never ever give access to your PC to the tech savvy "underprivileged" young farts.smilies/cry.gif

Never mind. There are several "new" topics that could be covered in this magazine (?). As I have said several times, 2014 is a very important and interesting year for our country. There are three major events a) The celebration of the 50th anniversary of our glorious revolution b)The "Cup" c) The Elections.

The item a) is bound to get many folks to burst their piles (I don't mean the law abiding Brasilians, but...but...but... "well wishers" (for the Brasilians) like the university professors, ONG's,black blocs, anarchists, Commies, Regular and Islamo-Fascists, etcsmilies/wink.gif

The editors of this magazine should locate Rickey and "persuade" him to write an article on item a)smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
Arschgesicht
written by Costinha, March 06, 2014

Pimpleton ... Gehirn, du kleines schwules Arschloch !

Hehehe

Costinha
Thank you
written by mariodo, March 09, 2014
When I asked my "niece" when her first day of school would be, she confessed she didn't know. I jumped to the conclusion that she was a typically disorganized teenager not to know such an important date. My wife came to her niece's rescue, explaining that the university had not yet posted its calendar, so in fact nobody knows when the first day of classes is.
I really like it. I often read these information
Friv 3
Friv 2
Yepi
The Celebration Of 50 Years; Democracy
written by Lloyd Cata, March 09, 2014
Truly, our illustrious moderator Joao takes the conversation back to "Understanding Brazil"{topic-a}? smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cool.gif

Half a Century-of-Freedom from what can be 'generously' described as Tyranny, as compared to any other 50 Year Period in Brazilian History(?) Perhaps Dr. Amaral has different perspective, and certainly many, many, ...{most?} Brazilians will 'disagree', yet Look in TheMirror of YOUR History, and find 50 years of Brazilians, ALL BRAZILIANS 'deciding' for Brazil, and 'not deciding' based upon 'Dictates', from within or without(?)

Elections 'do' have Consequences, ...until your neighbors 'decide' which 'elections' are in their Interests(?) Then you too can become Ukraine, Venezuela, Honduras, or God-forbid Haiti(?)

I celebrate with, and for, your achievement of 50 years of Freedom, but 'never' presume that you have defeated TheEnemies-of-Freedom&Democracy. Even as you Celebrate, The Perpetrators of TheProfitsOfChaos are Destabilizing TheNeighborhood(!)

If I am disappointed in Response to my Discussion, it is with the 'less-than-mediocre' performance of Sao Paulo Forum and Mercosul. smilies/kiss.gifsmilies/shocked.gifsmilies/sad.gif As I said previously, there are "men with Stars, and men with Bitcoin", who know how to End-the-Party(?) Paying[4]TheParty, after TheCelebration even leaves Putin enraged(!)

For 4 years Brazil will "Build & Celebrate", then just like any Party, the Music will Stop(!) At 'that Time', Brazil will learn to 'dance' to a different Tune(?) How do I suppose to Predict what will happen, or what Brazil will do(?) A 'constant' reminder of my own Ignorance(!!!) Yet, SleepingBeauty, TheMirror does not Lie; "What a Pretty Dress", your wearing to your own Funeral, and a Requiem[4]TheDeparted(#Art)

Will NONE among this forum of Free Thought please 'answer', "Is it safe to #BuyBrazil with #Bitcoin"(?) I must know before the #Elections, both yours and mine(!) smilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif
mullahs dancing in lucy's court
written by Simpleton, March 09, 2014
The #Date for ch.c's #Release has not been #Decided. Your #Humble request for #Accurate information has been duly #Noted. You may #Contact the #Help #Desk should you have #Any further #Questions. (Just offering my [2]#Bitcoins in the #Bucket).
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, March 09, 2014

Good evening Dr.L.C. It is great to hear from you after a long time(?)! Guess you were very busy humoring up your Missus, taking her to all the shopping malls and reading the newspapers while she was "shopping". Great men like us know how to sacrifice our time to keep peace and harmony at our homes.smilies/cool.gif

You wrote:

Half a Century-of-Freedom from what can be 'generously' described as Tyranny, as compared to any other 50 Year Period in Brazilian History(?)

I am not too sure if I understand you correctly.smilies/sad.gif Are you saying that the revolution of 1964 brought freedom from the "Tyranny" that was prevailing before that?smilies/shocked.gif

Please clarify ASAP. Take your own time, for you may be "required" to go grocery shopping tomorrow.smilies/cool.gif
Lloyd Cata
written by João da Silva, March 10, 2014

Sub: MH370

Where is it Doc? Any Conspiracy theories? Unfortunately, our most distinguished fellow blogger Dr.Simpleton seems to be uninterested in taking up this challenging assignment. smilies/cry.gif
written by asp, March 11, 2014
as usual, cata shows nothing but ignorance about brazil history

In truth, the 50 year history is about a small group of people in the military took power to insure another small group of people wouldnt take power in an armes revolution to install a marxist regime .and lots of innocent people got hurt....but, this is also a repeat in history in brazil from the 30 s , when there was an attemted marxist armed revolution, and a military coup happened ,and people were tortured and killed...

what really should be celibrated is that the marxist attempt at armed revolution was stopped...that is what happened, and when the soviet union fell , its interesting that the dictatorships gave way to democratic elections , in Souto América...what is happening in Venezuela , is the utter failure of Chavez and his bs policies....helping the poor is admirable, tanking the country is tragic..he failed, and the reality is playing out now

fighting hyper predatory capatalism has nothing to do with being marxist, marxism takes it into the stupid zone , it just fuás everything up and contaminates any logical reality

all I can say is , thank whatever diety in the sky that exists, that a che revolution didnt succeed in brazil..and fuk these idiots waving commie anarchist flags in their violent rampages , spoiling the real needs for non violent protest and vigilance against corruption and hyper predatory capatilism

In truth, the 50 year history is about a small group of people in the military took power to insure another small group of people wouldnt take power in an armes revolution to install a marxist regime .and lots of innocent people got hurt....but, this is also a repeat in history in brazil from the 30 s , when there was an attemted marxist armed revolution, and a military coup happened ,and people were tortured and killed...

what really should be celibrated is that the marxist attempt at armed revolution was stopped...that is what happened, and when the soviet union fell , its interesting that the dictatorships gave way to democratic elections , in Souto América...what is happening in Venezuela , is the utter failure of Chavez and his bs policies....helping the poor is admirable, tanking the country is tragic..he failed, and the reality is playing out now

fighting hyper predatory capatalism has nothing to do with being marxist, marxism takes it into the stupid zone , it just fuás everything up and contaminates any logical reality

all I can say is , thank whatever diety in the sky that exists, that a che revolution didnt succeed in brazil..and fuk these idiots waving commie anarchist flags in their violent rampages , spoiling the real needs for non violent protest and vigilance against corruption and hyper predatory capatilism
Fuk it, it posted three times, it woudnt go up so I pressed tricentésima more
its also grabbing words like south and turning it into souto
asp
written by João da Silva, March 11, 2014

Good evening, ASP.smilies/cool.gif

That goes without saying, though I should give credit to our Guru Dr.Cata for tacitly agreeing that the 64 was responsible for:

"Half a Century-of-Freedom from what can be 'generously' described as Tyranny, as compared to any other 50 Year Period in Brazilian History".smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

That proves Doc.Cata is not really a Commie, though he might be a closet one.smilies/wink.gif

BTW, your friend, the "learned one", seems to be yelling and screaming at ya in the other thread to come back and you seem to be ignoring him lately.smilies/cool.gif

Off Topic:a) Have ya located MH370 yet?smilies/sad.gif b) Your views on the Ukrainian Crisis?smilies/shocked.gif

P.S. to Simp: I am quite disappointed that you are unable to locate MH370 with all the resources at your disposal.smilies/shocked.gif
resource limited
written by Simpleton, March 12, 2014
Joao, my sincere appologies for having disappointed you about not bringing all available resources to bear in a coordinated, cooperative and timely manner. My link to the Chinese defense satellites is INOP (probably due to Snowden). No peep out of the automatically activated battery operated maritime 406 ELT distress beacon. Perhaps those P3 patrol / submarine hunter aircraft my brasileiro brothers were pulling out of moth balls from the desert and rehabbing can be spared for the search effort?
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, March 12, 2014

Joao, my sincere appologies for having disappointed you about not bringing all available resources to bear in a coordinated, cooperative and timely manner. My link to the Chinese defense satellites is INOP (probably due to Snowden).

Your apologies and explanations for yr inability to maximize your resources are well accepted by me and other important as well as non entity bloggers, Simp. smilies/smiley.gif At least you tried. As the ole saying goes "better try and fail than never try and claim 'Não sei o que fazer' "smilies/cool.gif

Talking about Snowdown, you think he is involved in this sinister plot? If you think he is, ah think you should ask your "cunhado" in D.C. to verify the fact.smilies/wink.gif

Give my big abraços to your lazy sled dogs, will you? Time for them to get out of the hibernating mode and be of some use. smilies/tongue.gif

Cheers
There comes the PIMPLE-PRICK once again....
written by Costinha, March 13, 2014

This Peckerwood is full of CLICHÉ all over his writing … If there is any original idea inside his head, it must be in solitary confinement !

Pimpleton – If you are not that stupid, then you must possessed by a retarded ghost.

Hehehe

Costinha

The BIGGEST (..... o .....)

PIMPLETON: The Living Proof That Stupid People Should Not Breed!

Costinha
hmmmmm
written by Simpleton, March 13, 2014
Keeping the totally mulherada'd OM entertained from time to time is one thing, keeping the c**ksucker all primped up and busy doing heshe's work is another. I must be very very good if I can manage both with a single stroke (of the pen).smilies/tongue.gif
Pimpleton … You are the BIGGEST stupid (…..O…..) hole I ever met!

Use your brain for something besides holding that stupid haircut… Unfunny Clown.

Costinha

written by João da Silva, March 13, 2014
Boa tarde Costa,

Since you are a qualified pilot to fly twin engined aircraft & know a lot about aviation, what do you think happened to MH 370?

I have been asking this question to all our distinguished fellow bloggers and nobody seems to have a clue. São bundões, no doubt. smilies/shocked.gifsmilies/angry.gif
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pimpleton … You are the BIGGEST stupid (…..O…..) hole I ever met!

Use your brain for something besides holding that stupid haircut… Unfunny Clown.

Costinha

recruiting
Costinha, you really should take a short course in Morse code at least. Da did Da, Da Da Didit Da. That would be your invitation to give cu but you're already too busy Da Da Daing. (I would rate you a "o" because you're already stretching it too much.)

And what haircut pray tell are you talking about? I haven't been back to visit my barber in Rio since last May. My chin is looking like the nether parts of a northern gal like you.
Ho paura di svegliarmi e non averti più tra i miei pensieri. . ©
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
written by Costinha, March 14, 2014

What We Got Here Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis … A Failure to Flush !

You know how Poop floats right? Well, Pimpleton is that Poop-Pebble that refuses to go down the toilet bowl and comes back for some more.

His poop is a Floater rather than a Sinker because is packed with Hot-Air; Like Father Like Son.

Hehehehe

Costinha da Costa

PS. Pimpleton is a Caca-Tofu (Tofu - Also called bean curd, is made by coagulating stuff and then pressing the mess into curds)
Freaking Tabloid
written by Wally Bee, March 14, 2014

Freaking Tabloid Freaking Tabloid
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Listen Here ....

What We Got Here Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis … A Failure to Flush !

You know how Poop floats right? Well, Pimpleton is that Poop-Pebble that refuses to go down the toilet bowl and comes back for some more.

His poop is a Floater rather than a Sinker because is packed with Hot-Air; Like Father Like Son.

Hehehehe

Costinha da Costa

PS. Pimpleton is a Caca-Tofu (Tofu - Also called bean curd, is made by coagulating stuff and then pressing the mess into curds)
if it weren't for all the white space
written by Simpleton, March 14, 2014
you fill up with your bologna c**ksta, you wouldn't need to have so many helpers pack your bean turds. What's on your plate for tonight? SpaghettiOs with Meatballs?

I see we have a new article finally. Do you and TGB want to move over to there and start "fresh"? Ricky is still all hunky dory in his own commandeered thread and ignoring the fact that inflation in 2013 alone was 5.68 por cento, the real has fallen in value against virtually all other currencies by about the same as the past 10 years worth of accumulated inflation, (maybe it's time to knock off some more zeros as ch.c would say), the garis were hugely successful and got 80 centavos on the real compared to what they used to have in their paychecks (inflation adjusted) and an extra litro de cerveja bem gelada a diaria. Asp would be proud if he read the local tabloids and understood PSOL and PR did well in immediately disclaiming they had anything at all to do with all the wanton violence and destructive acts during various "peaceful" demonstrations.

Obtuse theories:
1) Selling after market 777 parts can be very lucrative.
2) Taking a car, bus, truck or train from Singapore to Kuala Lumpur is an adventure. But how else can you re-import physical yuan vs cyber yuan accepted the world over?
3) Sometimes the initial field trials of a new system don't go exactly as planned. "Windows" operating systems have never been deemed to be sufficiently deterministic to use for primary flight instruments and controls. "Inverse Course"+"Auto Land" might be misconstrued as "Invert Attitude"+"Make Altitude Zero"
4) Integration of in-flight entertainment systems shouldn't be left to after market money grubbers even if boeing bus has become open architecture.
5) Initial field trials of a new ship based directed energy system don't always go as planned. Sometimes "red" flags aren't what you think they are and someone forgets to pull them out before product delivery. Things won't necessarily work as intended or might somehow end up misused.
"Drone_Master_Override", "Live_Target", "Simulated_Target", "(Not)Friendly"
6) Disappearance from secondary radar or misadvising by controllers at the coalescence of Top Of Climb (TOC), waypoint transition (dogleg or manually altered to a Direct To course), voice communications handoff, in-flight movie start-up .... is another GOL (or is that GOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL)?
7) Disappearance from primary radar - fully alert and attentive military operators 24/48 - must have been aliens or dimensional jump.
Obtuse theories…. HAHAHAHA

Obtuse (angles between 90 and 180 degrees) Around Here only Your Pointed Head, STUPID.

How many times do I have to flush to get rid of you? The only difference between you and a bucket of s.h.i.t. is the bucket.

FU,

Costinha

SIMPLETON: 100% GENUINE BASTARD
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, March 14, 2014

Thanks for your "obtuse theories", Simp & I do appreciate your coming out with them.

Do you know why I am obsessed with MH370? That's because of AF447! Two days before AF447 crashed, I was riding an AA flight (B-777) from ORD to GRU and at exactly the same latitude, we had severe turbulence and the crew assured us that it would be temporary "inconvenience". We had to fasten our seat belts and within 10 minutes, we were flying into clear weather.

In the case of AF 447, the TAM flight from Paris to Rio did detect the burning wreckage and radioed the info to our Navy that retrieved many debris. Then I read about your friend ch.c bitching about the "sloppy" work of our Navy. Somehow, the work of Brasilian "peasants" seem to displease the entire world (especially the mighty Europeans and the Limeys).

Now I observe that the Malaysians and the Vietnamese are also under the scrutiny of the entire "Western World".

Hopefully your country and your Indian pals will find the aircraft with all the passengers intact in Somalia (or Andymann Islands?).smilies/angry.gif

If they find the plane and passengers in Mogadishu, they could always request the French foreign legion (ably lead by Sarkozy and Hollande) to go get the pirates!!

As for we Brasilians, we don't want to get involved except that we pray for the safety of those 239 souls on board MH370.

Have a good night, Simp
insensitivity
written by Simpleton, March 14, 2014
Costa, I'm quite confident you didn't have to beg your cu-ban doctor too much to leave the speculum in until your next visit for medication. He wasn't being obtuse, not in the least.

Yes Joao, I was starting to feel a little irritated by you pestering for someone / anyone to comment re: MH370. I grudgingly did so even though I felt it might be somehow disrespectful to the survivors. After GLO1907, UA started leaving the comm channel open and available to the passengers to listen to during the flight. I never could relax and get a good night's sleep onboard an aircraft. On the ORD-GRU route there are actually two bumpy spots you will almost always encounter. I have seen a stewardess "fly"!
_______________________________________________________ ____________________
written by Costinha, March 15, 2014

SIMPLETON … What a Ridiculous PRICK

Bozo’s obsession with this tabloid-board monitoring the site 24/7 as he thinks somehow, he’s contributing tangibly to the world.

I was going to suggest you to “Get a Life” but that is too ambitious for you, instead, find a hole and fall in!

Wake up and smells the roses Einstein… quit huffing the gases from your own fermented fecal material. Likewise, close your eyes and see the tiny specter of your life float before you like a fragment of fecal matter in a sea of caca, that’s who you really are.

SIMPLETON, You Are Inconsequential.

Costinha

PS. João – stop encouraging this amoeba!
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, March 15, 2014

Yes Joao, I was starting to feel a little irritated by you pestering for someone / anyone to comment re: MH370. I grudgingly did so even though I felt it might be somehow disrespectful to the survivors.

You shouldn't feel irritated, Simp. All I am doing is to get the "expertens" who understand flight theories, avionics,navigation, etc; to contribute to locating the missing 370.

Too bad our distinguished ex-fellow blogger Cel. Ederson is not here to confirm my theory that B777 is really in Somalia.smilies/sad.gif

After GLO1907, UA started leaving the comm channel open and available to the passengers to listen to during the flight

I have flown UA since GLO1907 and didn't hear a thing about the "channel" being opened to the passengers. UA used to be very good, but no longer. I prefer Delta & TAM these days. Of course, they come nowhere near Varig,Transbrasil,TWA or Brainiff. Incredible it may sound, never rode a PanAM Clipper.smilies/cry.gif
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, March 16, 2014

I forgot to include Air France as one of my favorites. Though they are struggling to survive (like Varig & Transbrasil did and died eventually) , they are still very good in their on-board service & continue displaying the charm of "Old Europe". But...but...but... I think most of the cabin & c**kpit crew are from the interior of France as they are not obnoxious like the Parisiennes.smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
written by Costinha, March 16, 2014

Pimple King is on time out to give his brain a rest, and gather his smelly thoughts !

João da Silva … I dare you to smell his fingers ?

Costinha

PS. João – stop stirring the cesspool

PS. João – stop stirring the cesspool

Costa, I shall stop stirring the bosta provided:

a) You help the International "authorities" to locate MH-370 with all your knowledge of aviation, avionics, etc;

b) Your Coworker Dr.TGB includes the comments of ASP, Simp and my humble self in his "paper" (read the other thread) to be presented in the "International conferences" on Anthropology, Sociology, History, etc; planned for 2014. smilies/wink.gif

Cheers and have a cold "bear" on this dog day afternoon.smilies/grin.gif
written by Simpleton, March 16, 2014
Joao, you are being presumptive in thinking Costa has any clue what a FADEC is.

Interesting as info becomes agreed upon and shared with the public. The initial military reports of a possible "U-turn" to the left (when a right turn on R208 would have been expected) which were subsequently squashed / recinded ... Kota Bhura was the nearest Malaysian airport a 777 could have put down on in relationship to it's last known location via secondary radar (i.e. TCAS). Certainly it was to the left and off the planned course. Don't have a clue what to make of "erratic" flight path as has been the guarded description of the non-identified target the military primary radars tracked (but which was initially written off as it appeared "non-threatening" and generally following commercial / civil waypoint tracks (like in someone managed to punch in a waypoint leading into Kota Bhura). Primary radar altitude reports seem a bit funky. 45000 feet (when/where?), 23000 feet (when/where?) 1000 feet where the primary radar lost contact north of Palau Penang where the aircraft still might have been trying to turn left to try to put in there .... I think the southern arc of where the non-directional satellite pings lost any further sight of it is probably the best hunch (besides there's no problem doing navel and patrol aircraft searches in the southern Indian ocean, vs searching over hard ground on the northern arc. Our Aussie buddys will probably join in).

And no Joao, unless someone comes forward with receipts showing they took on more fuel than would nominally have been expected for the Kuala Lumpur - Beijing route including the typical reserves, I don't think they couldn't have made it Somalia even at 45000 feet.

I miss the days of big cars with bench seats, automatic transmissions with the PRNDL handle on the column and no power steering. Those big steering wheels were fantastic, very supportive. And there were no controls like flaps / gear handles, throttle and power condition levers, transponder and radio control knobs, etc, etc, etc, on the central pedestal to get in the way of high heels flopping around. And of course there was nothing uncomfortable or too much in the way for her to laying her head over the drivers seat or the copilots seat, depending on where you sat ... (Although if you ever found yourself pulling hard back on the yoke or pushing both your feet hard forward on the rudder peddles while in flight, who knows what might happen. Either way, it's just a theory you probably will never do that again!)
Simpleton

FADEC? It is "A Fundação de Apoio ao Desenvolvimento Científico" and if Costa doesn't know about it, our friend Dr.TGB should be at least aware of and/or an active participant in it.smilies/cool.gif Even I know what it is.smilies/wink.gif

Interesting as info becomes agreed upon and shared with the public. The initial military reports of a possible "U-turn" to the left (when a right turn on R208 would have been expected) which were subsequently squashed / recinded .

Simp, I am not sure what they taught you in the Flying/Driving schools in WI (or in your geometry classes in the high school there), but here in Southern Brasil we are told when you take a "U-turn", you take a brusque 180º turn and not a 90º "left turn". I suspect that the info you are getting on MH370 is from the tabloids in and around the Midwest. I on the contrary only
read tabloids from the other corner of the earth over the Internet (which of course was invented by one of your ex-V.Ps)smilies/tongue.gif

In brief: The duration of the flight from KLIA to PEK is approximately 6 hours. According to my "research" it carried 2 more extra hours of fuel. So if MH370 took a 90º turn it could fly to anywhere from Somalia to one of the many "Islamic Republics" of the Russian "Federation". On the contrary, if indeed it took a U-turn, probably it would have ended up in a remote airfield in the outback of Ozzie-land and right now the passengers and the crew are enjoying the "hospitality" of the aborigines! Most of them may eventually decide to seek "asylum" there. smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif Personally, I hope it has a happy ending for the 239 souls on board.smilies/cool.gif

You might like to read one of my favorite tabloids:

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/...r-examined
geometry
written by Simpleton, March 17, 2014
So when it was seen on a heading of 040 degrees (not 058 which it would have adopted had it completed the dogleg turn at the IGARI waypoint on R208 as planned) and then subsequently seen doing a "U-Turn", if one assumes it completed the full 180 that you are insisting on, that would put it on a heading of 220 - i.e. pretty much heading straight at where I said. Even if the "U-turn" had been initiated exactly at the point the secondary radar was known by the civies to have dropped out on the prior leg of R208 and the heading had still been 025 it was still greater than 90 degrees to the left to do a Direct To course change to Kota Bharau.

Perhaps you are right and they could have made it to Somalia on fumes. For some reason I thought the Indian Ocean was a lot wider at that latitude.
hmmmm
Thanks for the link OM but what did you think of the non-attributed one-liner statement in the article "The revelation of the last message suggests that the person who delivered the message was aware that Acars had been manually shut down."

What's your thoughts on that considering an "apparently" accurate reporting of the transport ministers statement appeared earlier in the article "Malaysia’s transport minister confirmed Sunday that an apparently relaxed final voice communication from the c**kpit -- “All right, good night” -- came after the Aircraft Communications Addressing and Reporting System (ACARS) had been deliberately shut down. ACARS transmits to the ground key information on a plane’s condition."

A relaxed final voice communication after confirming radio frequencies for the next zone and passing out of civil primary radar range, out of ground based secondary radar range, and nearly out of ground VHF voice and ACARS via VHF link range somehow spells something dubious was already afoot? Ya, okay, I get it.
======================================================= =================================
written by Costinha, March 17, 2014

Dumb & Dumber - João & Pimple

The missing flight of Malaysian Airlines and the Bozos:

First – You don’t have all the facts of the investigation;
Second – You know nothing of aviation;
Third - Quit rumbling unsubstantiated assumptions
Fourth – Lead to wrong conclusions;
Fifth – Nobody cares what the F.U.C.K. you think!

Pimple, the pretentious b.i.t.c.h. who oversimplifies everything is expected; but Joao, I’m surprised!

Besides, the day anyone gives a crap what you think is the day purple pigs will fly out of my a.s.s.!

SMACK …

Costinha

PS. João – quit feeding the troll
chucking pennies
It's a great pass-time although technically it's still considered gambling. What makes it even more fun and gets everyone to bust out with a cheer is when someone rings up the perfect score. You know, like when you hear the ching ching ching clink clink curchink when someone's penney hits the mark and tumbles down the speculum inserted into Costinha's ...

Ur right Costinha, I over simplify things - bad habit I've unfortunately had to pick up on over the years to get people to wake up and learn "simple" things that it would take me way too long to edumacate them on enough to truly understand. For sure on top of knowing what a FADEC is you know that I missused Course and Heading in my descriptions. But it's your crab angle that's seriously worrying us. You remind me of a skinny deznove brasilian ho "whining" the way you squirm and shout. And sorry, as in number 7 in my list of obtuse theories, the purple pigs have already left your plant it. Who would give a flying f what any of us says? Clearly you did, do(do) & does. Now go make a cake.
HELIO BARBA or FLOYD CACA or PIMPLETON …

Which one of The Three Amigos are you ?

If I ever said you were a great asset to this board, I would be off by two letters.

You' wasted my time, space, air, flesh, and the rectum you were born from, retard.

Costinha

PS. Hehehe
........................................................................................................................................................................................................

HELIO BARBA or FLOYD CACA or PIMPLETON … Which one of The Three Amigos are you ?

If I ever said you were a great asset to this board, I would be off by two letters.

You' wasted my time, space, air, flesh, and the rectum you were born from, retard.

Costinha

PS. Hehehe
written by Célio Borba, March 30, 2014

HELIO BARBA or FLOYD CACA or PIMPLETON … Which one of The Three Amigos are you ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV76KXU1x6g

Write comment

security code
Write the displayed characters

busy

Joomla 1.5 Templates by Joomlashack