This Crisis Won't Kill, It Will Only Make Brazil Stronger, Minister Believes

Brazilian minister Dilma Rousseff Dilma Rousseff, the Chief of Staff of Brazilian president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, in confident that Brazil has instruments to face the international financial crisis and should not only survive the meltdown but also leave the situation stronger.

"We are going to leave stronger than we came in. This time, we have instruments, weapons and, most of all, the route and the answer. We have built the government's capacity to react in the face of the crisis. A reaction that, firstly, is sovereign, as we do not have to accept conditions from any monetary fund," said Rousseff.

The minister talked at the opening of the National Meeting of Mayors Elected through the Worker's Party, the party to which Brazilian president Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva is affiliated.

According to Rousseff, the country currently has instruments to face the crisis, monetary policy, credit, financial reserves and solid public banks, which were not privatized.

"We have just terminated the vicious cycle that there was in Brazil. The crises that took place in the 1990s and early this decade, in 2001 and 2002, started abroad and contaminated Brazil through exchange. We were extremely fragile, we went broke and the IMF (International Monetary Fund) provided a recipe: reduce investment and social spending."

She pointed out that the measures announced on Thursday, December 11, offering tax breaks and credit for companies indebted abroad, were aimed at avoiding unemployment and at proceeding with the economic and social development of the country.

"We are not going to interrupt economic growth. If we do not manage, if we have no production, there will be unemployment. We must guarantee employment, which means maintaining the country and its different activities in operation," pointed out the Chief of Staff.

ABr

Comments   

0 #10 I just can't stop laughing...!!!dnbaiacu 2008-12-16 09:08
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Quote:
Dilma looks like she had one more bad case of botox injection and somehow one extra skin flab taken out of her neck.
HILARIOUS.
Good to hear from Shelly
0 #9 ShellyAugustus 2008-12-15 17:21
As customary, it's a great pleasure to spot an entry from you in this blog.

Naturally, my statement about giving up my passport was an exaggerated "amusing" way of expressing my outrage for Ms. Rousseff's comments...

I hope you will be in a position to visit us more frequently
0 #8 DilmaShelly1 2008-12-15 17:08
Dilma looks like she had one more bad case of botox injection and somehow one extra skin flab taken out of her neck.

Augustus, I am considering giving up my Green passport, but will hang in there! Not that I have hope, but I cannot dread to think about retiring in this country! Anyway, she obviously doesn't know her head from her arse and her basic economics are just sophomoric. No wonder Brazil continues to be a backward land! We can't say shit about Bush, at least he managed to graduate from college!

Eita povo ignorante!

Since my father has business in Brazil, I will for once tell the readers that the recession is well under way in Brazil. Oh, hang on a minute. It has and has never left Brazil to begin with!

Silly me.
0 #7 This Crisis Won't KillRic 2008-12-15 16:18
But a cause for concern is the big hit retail stocks are taking and also vital (to Brasil)commodities. And it's not about government policy, although today auto sales were up due to last week's tax cut on new cars. It's about basic capitalism.

By the way, the Ford Edge has just been introduced here. The one I looked at at the dealer's was R$160.000,00, or about 66 thousand dollars. This is a Mazda 6 based crossover, same car in the USA maybe thirty five thousand dollars.

Financing for .99% per month. Then you will be a perfect sitting duck for a carjacking or robbery.
0 #6 ch-c - don't you trust EVEN JOAO???Augustus 2008-12-15 12:34
One would have expected that at least Joao (and perhaps also my humble self - although I'm also part American) would be worthy of some "microns" of your precious trust... LOL :D
0 #5 Is this lady for real???? ch.c. 2008-12-15 11:58
Her lips....yessss !!!!!
Dont you remember Bush Senior when he said...Read My Lips ? Laugh
And concerning the remark from a comment on Petrobras borrowing, few see the relation between the company and her goverment title ! Right ?
But there is one : she is also the Board Chairman of...PETROBRAS !
And she also will be your next PRESIDENT...since with Lula WANTS HER as his sucessor ! smiles.

And concerning Brazil and the IMF relations, before entering the "exclusive" club of beggars, Brazil had Nooooooo IMF condition...by definition. Therefore it was your Brazilian Economic Model you screwed FIRST...while free to chose, who gave Brazil a member card of the IMF club.

Concerning the crisis that took place in the 1990s, she should taker a cure of magnesium for her memory. What about the 1980s crisis and even the earlier ones. She already forgot that Brazil took off FOUR TIMES....THREE ZEROES...OF ITS CURRENCY In view of the great various Brazilian Economics Models...that of course were sure to succeed. Otherwise they would not have been implemented....by definition.

Never ever trust a Brazilian is as true today as it was in the Brazilian history !

Simple as that.

More and more economists predicts a recession for Brazil. Namely 2 consecutives quarters of negative growth. Will you avoid it ?
May be...but at best by a small margin. And at worst it will be much worse than today estimates. What is sure for now is that every single new estimates revision goes DOWN...NOT UP !

Time will tell !

:D ;-)
0 #4 What a (horrible) Lady!!!!Augustus 2008-12-15 05:19
If this "person" gets elected the next president, I will consider giving up my Brazilian passport, and remain just an American :sad: ;-)

Is this lady for real???? Quote:
"We have just terminated the vicious cycle that there was in Brazil. The crises that took place in the 1990s and early this decade, in 2001 and 2002, started abroad and contaminated Brazil through exchange. We were extremely fragile, we went broke and the IMF (International Monetary Fund) provided a recipe: reduce investment and social spending."
Was she blind, deaf & dumb before the 1990's??? :P :P
As far as I know, Brazil has ALWAYS been caught is such "Vicious Cycle"... So much so indeed that we should refer to it as "Brazil's NATURAL Vicious CONDITION
!!!!"
0 #3 ForrestJoão da Silva 2008-12-15 04:22
Hey Forrest

For a 62 year old man. your outgoing Prez has quick reflexes. Don't ya think so ? :D
0 #2 One HopesRic 2008-12-15 03:19
That she's just doing what politicians do.

Because if she really believes it we're screwed.
0 #1 Oh Dilma.....bo 2008-12-14 23:49
Quote:
A reaction that, firstly, is sovereign, as we do not have to accept conditions from any monetary fund," said Rousseff.
Then why are you doing it? And why is Petrobras borrowing money from China?

Add comment

Security code
Refresh

Who's Online

We have 6127 guests and no members online

Statistics

Users
Articles
Articles View Hits

----------

cheap cocktail dresses

----------

Brazilian Male Enhancement Review at Breastsenlargementreview.com

----------

Brazilian Breasts Enlargement Cream

----------

Brazilian Top Breast Enlargement Reviews

----------

Brazilian Male Enhancement Pills at Breastsenlargementguide.com

----------

bruidsmeisjes jurken

----------

vestidos de noche

----------

ballkleider

----------

Cheap Prom Dresses

----------

Churrasco Equipment and Brazilian Meat Skewers

----------

Vestidos Noiva em Weddingmart.pt

----------

Australia Fashion Online Outlet store

----------

Robe de cocktail

----------

Our good partner Everbuying.com provides wide selections of products at best price for worldwide free shipping.

----------

Cheap Dre Beats

----------

Buy Cheap Nike Mercurial Soccer Cleats from MercurialCity now!

----------

Shopping Reviews

----------

----------

robe de cocktail

----------

Cheap Wedding Dresses

----------

bruidsjurken

----------

Find Me Handbags

----------