Back to our cover

Brazzil Forum [ return ]
FromMessage
USCIT

11/14/2002
03:48:40
Subject: Yoco Anyone?
IP: Logged

I've been looking into yoco. The drink made from the paullinia yoco vine and was wondering if any in Brazil (this forum) have tried it? If its popular, not so, or even in country. I know it is primarily a Columbian-Peruvian beverage but thought perhaps it may also be available in Brazil.

If you have tried it, what do you think of it? Good, bad, indifferent? Which variety? Blanco, Colorado, Cu etc., there being 14 in all. And that yoco yagé and canaguche yoco are hallucinogenic, but the others are not. Merely strong stimulents.

Other question is if it is always served cold, or is it sometimes a hot beverage?

Also, if any know if this is imported into the U.S.. I can only find reference to it under the name of yoco, but not any source. Perhaps it is imported under a different name.

Should you know of something about this, please do add a post.

Driftin

11/15/2002
08:08:31
RE: Yoco Anyone?
IP: Logged

About the only thing I know about it is its about like yerba maté. Just a higher caffine content. I've had colorado and blanco, both taste the same. Both served cold. Gets you going in the morning and I think that's what it was used for. Don't know about its popularity. Haven't been around all that much in Brazilian cities.

P 1

Back to our cover