Back to our cover

Brazzil Forum [ return ]
FromMessage
ABC

11/14/2002
17:22:44
Subject: Where can you store luggage in Rio?
IP: Logged

Can anyone tell me a reliable, relatively cheap place to store a couple duffel bags for about a month in Rio?

A friend and I will be living in Rio for a couple of months, but we'll first be travelling around Brazil for the first month, taking only our backpacks. We need someplace to store the rest of our luggage while we trek around the country. Any ideas? Thanks!

braslvr

11/14/2002
20:28:18
RE: Where can you store luggage in Rio?

I would check in to a decent hotel for a night or two in Rio upon arrival, and arrange with them to store your bags. If they are hesitant, just offer a few $.

Nick
 Email

11/16/2002
12:40:49

I have two bags in Rio airport right now, I think they are costing about 20USD a month.

ABC

11/16/2002
15:56:51

Are you keeping them there long-term? Did it seem secure? Did you have to arrange it in advance?

Thanks

Nick
 Email

11/16/2002
16:43:36

No just go up to the second floor (Galileo), and the left baggage is at the end past the cashpoints. They said I had to pay in advance. My plans changed so rang later and apparantly its not a problem to pay the balance when I finally make it back to Rio. So will find out then whether the bags are still there!

My advice is dont take another bag ulness you really have to. The exchange rate means that most things are much cheaper here than where I come from (UK). Should have just brought some underwear and a tooth brush in a plastic bag really.

Azumah

11/16/2002
17:10:35

ABC, the airport is definitely the safest route. If it was me, I'd go with a hotel so you don't have to schlep back out to the airport when you need the bags. Throw the guy some cash and make sure he knows how long it will be there. Try the Sheraton right down from Leblon. This is cheaper and more convenient, depending on where in Rio you'll eventually be settling.

P 1

Back to our cover