Note: Real Estate Section is open to public

mooseboy84
 Email

11/20/2002
02:48:25
RE: New Brazilian Real Estate Listings
IP: Logged

_REALTYITEMFAILED

also, you have to register to use the site. i suggest if you want to increase sells, you make the forum free, and that you have pictures. who is going to buy something in a foriegn country without even seeing any pictures of it.

Boris
 Email

11/20/2002
04:01:56

The software is very buggy. I am working on it, but it takes time and effort.

The site is subscription based, still there is a free forum with plenty of stuff and data (click on Public Forum).

The idea behind the site is to provide first hand information to people seriously looking to buy RE property in Brazil (and to the ones who already own).

Real Estate Listings section is a relativly new addition and still requires much work.

While pictures are very important they are far down on our priority list for all of the clients using the site, inspect what they are interested in in person and we e-mail pictures of the properties to interested parties.

Regards,

Boris

Jennifer Grant

11/20/2002
08:56:14

I really feel that you are missusing this forum. Basically, you are using it to obtain free advertising and self-promotion for your business instead of doing the honest thing and buying an ad with BRAZZIL who has been nice enough not to kick you off their website.
There was nothing wrong in the beginning when you let people know your service was available. But that should have been it. What if every advertiser started using this forum for free self-promotion for their business? It would defeat its whole purpose.
Real Estate agencies purchase ads to list their properties--that is part of doing business.
I don't know what you know about the magazine whose website you are posting on, but they are a good honest publication which doesn't exploit people. The subscriptions cost almost nothing so people will be encouraged to read about Brazil. Ads are reasonable prices. The journalists are volunteers because they care more about helping others learn and understand about Brazil, rather than getting paid. and to help keep the magazine's overhead down. I am one of those journalists and care about Brazil more than I do a profit. Thus, this magazine and website's owner deserves to be treated fairly. In my opinion that means purchasing an ad for your service/business and leaving the forum for multi-cultural education and informational exchange.
Also, think about what the poster above me said. It seems somewhat hypocritical that you want to use the forum for free, but then expect people who go to your website to pay. We all have to make a living, but lasting riches come to those who put the service of their possible clients and fairness towards those they encounter above their personal needs.
I wish you well with your business and am sure there are many good and valuable aspects to it. But I also hope you will conduct it as a true service to and towards others.

Chill Out

11/20/2002
11:56:09

Jennifer, if you don't like the listings, then don't read them. It's
really that simple. This is an open forum, and if Brazzil.com
ddidn't want ads listed they would say so on the main board. I
personally don't mind the listing, and he's only listed a link to
his site -- it's not like he's peppering every thread with ads for
specific places. The information is useful.

Boris
 Email

11/20/2002
12:47:43

"I really feel that you are missusing this forum. Basically, you are using it to obtain free advertising and self-promotion for your business instead of doing the honest thing and buying an ad with BRAZZIL who has been nice enough not to kick you off their website."

Well, it is an open forum, isn't it? Plus, if Brazzil really had a problem with my posts, they'd let me know, wouldn't they?

I don't post much about my site, do I? I can understand you feeling this way, but, please, take into consideration the fact that my listings are free for both owners/agencies and interested parties. So inderectly I do promote my site, but it is part of my philosphy of live and let live as you can see on our Public Forum where people are actually encouraged to post information about offerings of services and goods.

http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/193867

'There was nothing wrong in the beginning when you let people know your service was available. But that should have been it. What if every advertiser started using this forum for free self-promotion for their business? It would defeat its whole purpose.'

No, am I being accused of putting Brazzil out of business?

"Real Estate agencies purchase ads to list their properties--that is part of doing business."

Thank you for the lesson, but I am not an agency.

"I don't know what you know about the magazine whose website you are posting on, but they are a good honest publication which doesn't exploit people. The subscriptions cost almost nothing so people will be encouraged to read about Brazil. Ads are reasonable prices. The journalists are volunteers because they care more about helping others learn and understand about Brazil, rather than getting paid. and to help keep the magazine's overhead down. I am one of those journalists and care about Brazil more than I do a profit. Thus, this magazine and website's owner deserves to be treated fairly. In my opinion that means purchasing an ad for your service/business and leaving the forum for multi-cultural education and informational exchange.

Once, again, thank you for the info, but I am also a free contributor to the magazine and plan on continuing being one in the future. Have you read any of my stuff?

"Also, think about what the poster above me said. It seems somewhat hypocritical that you want to use the forum for free, but then expect people who go to your website to pay."

Real Estate Section is free... see above

"We all have to make a living, but lasting riches come to those who put the service of their possible clients and fairness towards those they encounter above their personal needs."

Absolutly agree! See above.

"I wish you well with your business and am sure there are many good and valuable aspects to it. But I also hope you will conduct it as a true service to and towards others."

Thank you... See above.

mooseboy84
 Email

11/20/2002
15:18:18

i still think your business model is wrong. i dont know if you use eaby.com, but if you do, youll know that things with NO PICTURE never sell. why? because people wont buy something sight unseen. also, since your posting this on a forum thats international, not everyone can just drive 50 miles [or 75Kilometers in brazil]to see some house.

i may be wanting to buy a 3 bedroom condo in rio. how will i know what properties i would even begin to want to go see in person if there is no picture of the rooms or view?
like i said before, if you add pictures, your sells will go up.

Boris
 Email

11/20/2002
16:22:06

With all due respect, I am not a Real Estate Broker. Nor am I selling these properties...

Real Estate listings Section is supplemental to my site that applies a thouroughly researched and tried (yet new) business model.

Incidentally, we were finally able to weed out some bugs and to start posting pictures with the properties... Now, when do I get rich :) ?

If you were my client... (actually I wouldn't take you on as a client until after you go through orientation and we spend some time communicating about your goals, means, and intended search and purchase tactics) I would be the first to discourage you from paying too much attention to the pictures of a property. If a picture is worth a thousand words then a properly placed phone call is worth ten times that. While a picture can give you a general idea (very often wrong one) about an apartment (in your case), a detailed interview of the owner or a Real Estate agent responisble for the listing could give you a gold mine of information that would be immesurably more valuable then an airbrushed photo. Throw in the low cost of even a major contruction renovation in Brazil and you'd see that pictures are not really that important.

Buying a RE property in Brazil involves a lot more then seeing a few pictures, visiting a few apartments and shelling out the dow ;)

Boris

i still think your business model is wrong. i dont know if you use eaby.com, but if you do, youll know that things with NO PICTURE never sell. why? because people wont buy something sight unseen. also, since your posting this on a forum thats international, not everyone can just drive 50 miles [or 75Kilometers in brazil]to see some house.

i may be wanting to buy a 3 bedroom condo in rio. how will i know what properties i would even begin to want to go see in person if there is no picture of the rooms or view?
like i said before, if you add pictures, your sells will go up.

P 1

Back to our cover