11/25/2002
08:00:18
Subject: CANNIBAL
IP: Logged

Yo everybody. I want to know what's up with the Wari people
in western Brazil. I saw on the Discovery channel about how
the Wari are one of two cannibal tribes in the world that still
practice their thing -- eating people. What's up with that? Why
don't the Brazilian cops do something about it?

Bill

11/25/2002
10:28:59
RE: CANNIBAL

Because they are on the endangered species list...

Observer

11/25/2002
10:43:37

For an overview of the so-called "compassionate cannibalism" by the Wari, who by way are not cannibals any more, read this:

http://www.utexas.edu/utpress/books/concon.html

"By removing and transforming the corpse, which embodied ties between the living and the dead and was a focus of grief for the family of the deceased, Wari' death rites helped the bereaved kin accept their loss and go on with their lives."

USCIT

11/25/2002
12:28:23

Hmmm. Well RocketAlan, not sure if you are interested in learing more about the Warí or are just making chatter about the fact that they once ate people.

First off, the Warí are known by several names. Pakaa Nova, Pacaás Novos, OroNuo, OroEo, OroAt, OroMon, OroWaromXijein and OroWarom, just to name a few. (Oro meaning people, or people of)

A fairly decent web site for information about them would be www.socioambiental.org/website/pib/epienglish/wari/wari.htm#t4

That would give information in the English language, some background on the Warí peoples, their cannabilistic habits, and names of researchers who have lived among them who can be further explored, if interest holds.

As to their cannibalistic habits, I wouldn't be too concerned in this day and age........ unless they invited you to lunch.

RocketAlan

11/25/2002
12:49:24

Thanks for the info. I checked out some of the stuff you guys
suggested and it looks pretty good. But I'm not sure about
them not eating people any more. And the "compassionate
cannibalism" only goes so far I think. An article I read claims
that they also ate enemies and didn't say anything about them
changing the menu. How many cannibals are there in Brazil
now?

Observer

11/25/2002
13:54:26

The last one was eaten just last week.

Patinho

11/26/2002
04:35:46

Dude! That was my uncle's sister's cousin's next door neighbor's roommate's mother that got eaten. Nothing to make fun of....

De-mon

11/26/2002
07:55:18

Boy, I don'no. Last count I heard was there were 12.8 cannibal's still in the jungle. That .8 feller is an old shaman that wasn't doing much so they decided to eat him. Then they remembered the time he saved the chief's daughter from disease. And another time he saved two boys from drowning. Kind of a hero actually. So they decided that in honor of his past good works to not eat him all at once.

Down to earth
 Email

11/27/2002
08:49:53

Even if there are cannibals in the jungle tough sh*t! They’ve probably been doing in for thousands of years and this did not bring any species to extinction nor destroy any part of the Amazonian forest. The (corrupted) Brazilian cops should do something about the real killers of the forest, the Brazilian and foreign bulldozers who not only bring several Indian tribes to extinction but thousands of animal and plant species as well as contributing the future of the forest as a desert.

Modern

12/12/2002
16:46:20

The Wari may have given up on eating their felow human beings. But not some Germans (and who knows who else):

Wednesday December 11, 06:00 PM

German killed and ate willing victim

BERLIN (Reuters) - A man has confessed to murdering and eating a fellow homosexual who volunteered to be killed in one of the strangest murders in Germany in recent years, prosecutors have said.

The 41-year-old accused recorded the crime on a video camera after finding the apparently willing victim through an advertisement posted on the Internet, the state prosecutor's office in the central German city of Kassel said in a statement on Wednesday.

"The accused supposedly first cut off the penis of the victim by mutual agreement because they wanted to eat it together," said the statement.

The accused then killed the 37-year-old male victim with deep cuts to the neck, and then chopped the body into pieces which he deep froze and later ate, the statement said.

"While he froze portions of the flesh, he supposedly buried the rest of the corpse. He ate most of the flesh later."

Prosecutors said they were treating the case as murder and that the suspect was brought before a judge on Wednesday who ordered him remanded in custody. The man made a full confession, the statement said.

"The deed appears to stem from cannibalistic and homosexual tendencies shared by both men," the prosecutors said.

Police believe the murder occurred in spring 2000. They arrested the man after coming across an advert he had posted on the Internet seeking another volunteer who wanted to be killed and eaten by him.

"In the course of a search of his home yesterday deep-frozen human flesh, skeleton parts and video recordings were found," the statement said.

The prosecutor's office has declined to give further details on the case.

curious
 Email

12/15/2002
11:34:18

Do Br. men have oral sex with women ?

If so..... do these Br. men refer to this act as "eating women"?

If so....do Br. women ever become afraid that the man is a distant relative of the Wari clan ???

Do Brazilians refer to themselves as Wari\Brazilian ???

Do the Wari's have a special race, gender, age, spice or recipe ???

Is human substituted for pork in the saturday tradition of fezoada ????

I am announcing plans to open the first multi-cultural, multi-lingual eco research center 25 feet from the Wari buffet table...down to earth your passagem is awaiting you. Bring salt, I imagine your tasteless.

Do the Wari eat fruitcakes ?
LOL permanente....!!!

P 1

Back to our cover