Brazzil Forum [ return ]
FromMessage
marhan
 Email

11/30/2002
14:25:17
Subject: SOUTH
IP: Logged

Hi, I would like to know more about the south region because I only heard about the northeast, amazon and southeast region.

Anyone here have ever been there?

Boris
 Email

11/30/2002
14:41:33
RE: SOUTH

I don't have much experience with the South (Santa Catariana, Rio Grande do Sul), but still I might be of some assistance. What would you like to know?

Angie
 Email

12/01/2002
08:16:37

I'd love to help you. Anything specific you'd like to know?

marhan
 Email

12/01/2002
11:28:13

Hi, I would like to know about the people, history, economy and main cities, or anyhting else.

Thank you

Angie
 Email

12/01/2002
16:58:20

Please, check this site if you haven't already. It has good basic info on all three capitals: Curitiba (Paraná), Porto Alegre (Rio Grande do Sul) and Florianópolis (Santa Catarina). They are all wonderful states, with beautiful people (actually, some say that the most beautiful girls in Brazil are in these three cities, though pple. in general seem to be a little "colder"), summers are mild, winters can be very cold! These towns are known to have less violence and are considered clean and organized. Curitiba has been considered the best city to live in Brazil. Personally, I think this has been changing over the years. The exagerated propaganda has brought criminals to this city; but it has also brough "paulistas, cariocas and nordestinos" who have added a more "relaxed/tropical" flavor to it. They are all very welcome! Unfortunatelly, with the good pple. some really bad ones also came. Overall, I'd say that the european background of most natives make southern Brazil a very different place. I've been everywhere in Brazil and each place has it's own beauty, but I confess that Curitiba is my kind of town. No wonder, I was born there. Maybe I'm just being ethnocentric, and for that, I appologyze! ;)

http://gosouthamerica.about.com/library/weekly/aa031402a.htm

Boris
 Email

12/02/2002
02:08:57

South appears more European then Brazilian. Gaucho land is beautiful, different from, and a lot better organized then the rest of Brazil.

More when I have time ;)

marhan
 Email

12/02/2002
05:07:00

Thanks for asnwer me, I was curious because I meet a brazilian trip group in Hottenbourg(Germany) some years ago, from south of Brazil, they were all white like europeans .Than this year I was in Salzbourg (Austria) and I meet more brazilians from the south and I got curious about this people.

Do they have a good relationship with the others brazilians? Why europeans imigrated to south of Brazil?

I will try to find about this in that site, thanks.

Im from Russia, but now I live in Italy and maybe I could live in the south of Brazil, Im tired of living here.

Bye

Boris
 Email

12/02/2002
06:21:30

Oh, fellow Russian... Ia dumau chto tebe Ug Brazilii Ponravitsia. Ia zhivu v Rio, esli est' drugie voporsi ne stesniasia.

Appologies to the non-Russian speaking fellas. The above Runglish statement was just an innocent greeting...

Jenni
 Email

12/02/2002
13:36:35

Why are you tired of Italy? Anything specific I should know about??

I am American and live in New York but have been thinking about moving to Italy. Maybe Rome or Florence.

How do you like it? I've heard that immigration laws are strict? What's your opinion?

Sorry to get off the subject.

Boris
 Email

12/02/2002
14:07:02

Sorry to jump in, but my three months in Italy (Rome and around) left me with a strong impression of loudness, mess, and chaos.

I mean, I loved it, but it was freaking exhausting...

Victor
 Email

1/20/2003
09:35:07

South of brazil is the best place to living... the wheather is very good and the people are very beatiful.
like southeast, most pople are european decedent coming to italy, german and east european, on the century 19 and begin of 20, but southwest had been too many imigrantion from northeast (more pool region)...
I live in vitoria/es (southeast), any question, ask me by mail..

Victor
 Email

1/20/2003
09:47:48

I forgot to say, if are you searching a relax place, there are many cities in the the south and southeast too,
just don't choice a metropolis...
There are so many immigrant colony, most people of brazil are immigrant...
there is here more italian and italian decendent than in the italy... :o)

Nathan

1/20/2003
19:59:52

I used to live in Vitoria. It really is a gem of a place. The best of both worlds with great beaches so close, the best weather, relatively cheap to live and much, much more.

Might choose Vila Velha next time - if I could handle the change of weather for that city. :-)

Thiago
 Email

1/21/2003
10:35:01

most brazilian popoulation is white, i think it is 40%, 30% mestizo, 20% black, 10% oriental...
The south has a good relationship with other parts, it's the same country...

All parts of the country has a good relationship with other parts, except some parts more to west of amazonia!! :o)

The brasil needed work hand since the slavery had finishing in the century 19, beacuse it brazil has so many immigrant...

And even today we receive many immigrant, but now it is koreans, chineses and africans...

i think is it..

braslvr

1/21/2003
20:48:01

Why on earth would anyone say the south of Brazil has the best weather???

There may be many nice things about the South, but weather certainly can not be one of them....

I hear North Dakota, and Minnesota have the best weather here in the states.

P 1

Back to our cover