Back to our cover

Brazzil Forum [ return ]
FromMessage
Joe

12/01/2002
10:24:40
Subject: First real date
IP: Logged

Just looking for some general advice.My first real date with a Brazilian woman is coming up and I'm trying to decide if it should be a "balls to the wall" fun fest or a quieter "get to know you" type date.There is a slight language barrier and personally i would like the quieter date just to aid in communication initially.

Also,should i ask her what she would like to do or just make all of the plans.She seems to have a hang up about people spending too much money on things so i don't want her to feel uncomforatable if my plans are a little pricey.I mean it's my money,right?If i want to take her someplace nice,don't i have a right to spend as much as i want?

Any suggestions

Mojo Jojo Jo

12/01/2002
18:45:52
RE: First real date

Just remember...if 15 minutes into the date you're talking ....you're not using your mouth properly.

:P

Patinho

12/02/2002
02:38:44
RE: First real date

I would go 50/50 on the fun/intimacy. Let her have a chance to get to know you a little, then go to fun part. When I do the "dinner and a movie" generic date, I always do the dinner first. There is nothing worse than sitting in the dark with someone for 2 hours and niether of you really know each other.

As far as the spending money goes. I say do what you want. Just use a little tact and a little more class. Don't flash the big bills in front of her and kind of throw it in her face. Credit cards are quiet and impressive. If you have money, she will know it without you having to say it.

Either way, good luck!!

P.S.- Learning a couple words in Portuguese couldn't hurt.

P 1

Back to our cover