there..we know you love Brasil, but what city has made the
best impressions on you, which ones will you keep coming
back to? and Why?

Adam

12/04/2002
10:02:40
RE: Whats Your Fav. City? Why?
IP: Logged

Apologize for the double posting, disregard the other one.
Thanks

Do Norte

12/04/2002
10:36:30

Not being a beach person, which eliminates a lot of choices, I would vote for Ouro Preto, the place that is a time machine to the past. The pace is slow, the mountains and green haunt you, the cobblestone steep streets challenge your heart, people are the friendliest, centuries past are so present, and all the baroque saints and churches make you yearn for something you can't precise. I would live and die in Ouro Preto.

Anonymous

12/04/2002
11:55:47

I'll have to nominate two cities/towns because I love the beach and wilderness.
On my last trip to Brasil, I discovered Maceio and it's surrounding areas, plus a very good looking garota at Praia do Gungu, which is a beach located about 30km (or so) from Maceio.
My other favourite town is Lencois in the state of Bahia. It has a wilderness area named Chapada Diaminitina, which has mountains, valleys, rivers, hiking walking tracks and once again, the sheilas (garotas) there, aren't bad either.

Otis
 Email

12/04/2002
17:07:48

Petrolina!! Without any doubt. The best a tourist could ever dream of. Country life and charm that is too much to take in for a quick trip. I'm going back to spend more time.

Carlos
 Email

12/04/2002
17:41:36

Without a doubt Angra Dos Reais (?) Very beautiful (water and land), unfortunatly the idiot Br. Government does not allow human beings to buy and own waterfront (leasing is possible, not passing it on to your family) while giving all people convenient access to the beaches (which are public resources) as is the law in the USA.
Therefore a huge amount of taxes are not reaped by this poor third world country. Where does the military get off thinking they are so goddamn important that they can own all coast line. Br's unite and change this stupid law fascist law. Why does Br. have a military? It is a waste of money. They do nothing to make the world safer, they are just pompous bloated control freaks that cannot get a job in private life.

Patinho

12/04/2002
22:13:14

Teresina: yea, yea, I know... but it's where my freinds live and I have had some good times there.

Parnaiba: Amazing girls, the smell of fish being cooked on the beach,late night ice cream cravings, and "O Garota de Parnaiba"... you know who you are...*wink,wink*

Jericoacoara: gringos from all over the world, the most beautiful secluded beaches I have ever seen, riding over the dunes in a bugre, a capoeira roda every night, and smoking American cigarettes and toasting cachaca all night by candle light on the beach with my best freinds in the world.

This is a Kodak moment.... excuse me.....

Christopher L.
 Email

12/18/2002
01:25:16

I would have to say Manaus. I have been there 6 or 7 times now, and I love it more and more every time. It rains alot, but there is incredible food, many things to do, the Amazon jungle is nearby, and the nightlife is amazine. Oh and it is 80% female.

P 1

Back to our cover