Back to our cover

Brazzil Forum [ return ]
FromMessage
Lydia

12/04/2002
19:12:39
Subject: Just curious
IP: Logged

Are there a lot of young people from other countries living in Rio?

Mark
 Email

12/07/2002
13:07:46
RE: Just curious

According to the report that the BBC published Oct, 02 more young people are murdered in Rio de Janeiro than in most war zones of the world based on a 14 year study by Brazilian authorities.
So in answer to your question, realtively speaking Rio has fewer young people than you might expect if you are not acquainted with Rio's ongoing level of murder and relative infrequency of the murderers being convicted (a conviction rate of 2.5% of those that are eventually brought to trial) and serving significant sentences in prison.

12/07/2002
17:18:53

Do not forget that 60% of our population supports the commies.

Carlos
 Email

12/08/2002
07:39:07

I was watching the news one night (O Globo) and the statistic was reported that between 1998-2001 3.5 miliilon Brazilians had emigrated from Br. In the same period of time 100,000 had immigrated to Brazil.
I am wondering of these 100,00 how many were criminals coming to Brazil to be sheltered from prosecution by the fact that Brazil does not honor any (to my knowledge) extradition treaties if the alleged criminal begets a Br. child until after the child is of legal age.
How mnay came from war torn Angola or East Timor?
How many came to reap the benefits of a country that does little to stop the illegal sex tourism (second only to Bangkok).

As far as young people from other countries, yes some come here to have an adventure. You are guranteed of that if you can stay alive long enough to remember it.

12/08/2002
15:38:29

Yeah,its the commies, and the catholic church. They must be purged from the land, so that this can become another land of the free.

P 1

Back to our cover