Back to our cover

Brazzil Forum [ return ]
FromMessage
Sick

12/14/2002
15:17:35
Subject: Brasilian DOD Players
IP: Logged

Any Brasilians read this forum that like to play Day of Defeat (DOD) online? I am looking for anyone that may have WWII skins of the Brasilian uniforms and weapons, or know where to find them.

I did find this Brasilian DOD Clan website but that skin pack is buggy. Just looking for some alternatives if possible.

http://www.febdod.cjb.net/

Beijos Tchau

Patinho

12/14/2002
22:45:15
RE: Brasilian DOD Players

If you have read one of my posts about WWII, I find it hard enough to find pictures of ACTUAL WWII Brazilian uniforms, let alone skins.

Sorry.. no help to offer. I was just curious to know more about DOD. It's a WWII simulation right?

I am deep into Wolfenstein right now. Ever heard of it?

Sick

12/15/2002
14:33:45

I have Wolfenstein, Medal of Honor as well, and both are great, but DOD just has something a bit more interesting and I am not exactly sure what it is...I think it has to do with it's potential for modification.

DOD is a Half-Life modification, similar to Counterstrike but WWII of course. So you will need the Half-Life engine to try it out. DOD is free to download and you can get it at: http://www.dayofdefeatmod.com/ ...3.1 is the current version.

Basically the teams are Axis vs. Allies played out on maps made to look like cities where famous battles took place, like Anzio, Caen and Ramelle to name a few. The weapons are made to look as accurate as possible and it seems everyone is respecting historical accuracy so far with the models. Meaning, I have yet to see any DOD Simpsons maps like you find in Counterstrike. The gist of most maps is to turn all the flags to your side, kind of like capture the flag but you don't move the flags. Most maps have 5 or 6 flags.

I found the Brasilian skin pack at http://www.dodhq.net/

It was very buggy though (so buggy I had to remove it) but the uniforms looked cool. No weapons changes which makes me wonder if they used allied American weapons or not. Also, when you capped a flag on a map it turned it to a Brasilian flag instead of the general allied one.

I hope you give it a try, i'ts fun.

Tchau

Patinho

12/15/2002
16:23:35

Although I am not a big fan of 1st person shooters, I am a WWII buff, so when a freind of mine brought over Wolfenstein, I was sceptical, however now I am completely immersed in it as well. The single player is ok, although farfetched. The real fun is in the multiplayer mode. People have made many custom maps from real battles as well, also alot of ficticious ones as well.
My freind and I are working on a map based on the "Band of Brothers", 101st Aiborne invasion. yet, it seems that Medal of Honor beat us to that with "Spearhead".

I like the single player Medal of Honor. I just couldn't get used to multiplayer.

I am gonna give the Half Life, DOD modification a try.

Also... from the recent research I have done, I found several pictures of Brazilian weapons used in WWII and with the exception that the revolver was commonly used... most other weapons appear to be the same as the Americans.

Patinho

12/15/2002
16:26:15

Someone posted this link a while back about ex-Peace Corps volunteers' stories from Brazil. Thought you might like them.

http://www.expcvsbrazil.com/stories/menu.htm

Patinho

12/15/2002
16:29:03

oops.... meant to post that last message on the other thread....you'll see it again.

Sick

12/16/2002
18:36:23

Do the map anyway I bet certain things were omitted or overlooked. I am looking into making a map based on the mountain figting the 10th mountain division did in Italy towards the end of the war. I know they were involved in some interesting battles in some very difficult terrain. Also, that is where the Brazilin Expedition Force was stationed and were involved in some fighting. I think I will try to incorporate them into the map as well. We'll see how it goes, mapping is completely new to me. So that is a big reason why I would like those skins. By the way, do you have any good links to the uniforms they were and weapons used, that you mentioned?

Tchau

12/16/2002
20:43:18

Isn't that the same division that opened fire on brazilian troops, and then recieved artillery fire in response to their actions?

Sick

12/16/2002
21:46:27

I don't know the detailed history of it, but I wouldn't be surprised.

P 1

Back to our cover