Brazzil Forum [ return ]
FromMessage
Neil
 Email

12/17/2002
20:52:45
Subject: Volunteer Work
IP: Logged

I am travelling to Brazil for approx 6 months in 2003. I would like to get involved in some form of volunteer work. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I will be based in SP.

Thanks
Neil

brazzaboy

12/18/2002
04:27:29
RE: Volunteer Work

Any time you get try working with the street kids down there. One good place to try would be an orphanage which deals with these kids. Try Lar-Carolina, their SP office is located at Rua Joao de Seixas No.207, Sao Paulo, SP 04693-160. I do not have a phone noumber but their e-mail is efk@greco.com.br. The actual orphanage is located just south of the city in Embu and I know they have a number of projects they are working on in 2003 to improve the chances of these kids having a future. Good Luck & Feliz Natal

Jennifer

12/18/2002
11:23:08

Neil: You can contact Brazilian Children here in the US at TEvans1396@aol.com or 562-434-0592. They have a facility in Palheiros (a very poor area right outside São Paulo which offers supplimental education, vocational training, and sports programs to underprivledged kids.
Iris Ministries also works in São Paulo bairros doing much the same thing and can be contacted in Brazil at irisministries@africamail or prdribeiro@bol.com.br.
The Children at Risk Foundation is located just outside São Paulo and is run by a man who rehabilitates street children with art,capoiera, and self-esteem programs. You can reach them at acerbrasil@uol.com.br.
São Paulo is huge and I am sure that there is many opportunities. It is wonderful that you wish to do volunteer work and make a difference in others lives. Good luck.

Adam

12/18/2002
17:34:54

Go to ymcainternational.org their Go Global program has
volunteer oppurtunities in Sp.

P 1

Back to our cover