Back to our cover

Brazzil Forum [ return ]
FromMessage
USCIT

12/22/2002
02:23:19
Subject: Survivor is coming, Survivor is coming
IP: Logged

How many of you Brazilians who tread the boards of this forum watch U.S. TV? It has recently been revealed that the next Survivor show (supposed to be a reality series -- albeit I question that designation) will be filmed in Brazil in the Amazon. 16 people stranded in the jungle for 40 days to see how well they adapt to survival. Might be interesting, considering the setting. Filming begins in February, if I have my information right. Either that or it will air in February. I think the former.

12/22/2002
07:10:33
RE: Survivor is coming, Survivor is coming

Medicine Man

12/22/2002
08:14:27

Survivor is another reality show that has a script. For some, its for actors that need some exsposure, perhaps a pipeline to stardom. Even the losers are on late night with dave letterman, and conan o'brien. Keep reality shows out of the rain forest, off the beach, and out of the desert. It should stay in a apartment, with a bunch of 20-30 somethings bitching about whose turn it is to clean the bathroom, or somebody's feelings have been snapped in two. You wanna know survival? Check out www.trackerschool.com,and look up Raid Gaulois, and the Eco Challenge on a search engine. Now, those are some men and women that you can call survivors. Would the real Survivor please stand up.

Maria

12/22/2002
09:12:22

TV norte-americana faz edição do "Survivor" gravada no Brasil
http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/ilustrada/ult90u29381.shtml

Veja onde ocorreram as gravações do "Survivor 6" na Amazônia
http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/folha/ilustrada/ult90u29382.shtml

12/22/2002
10:26:59

"Puta que pariu", e "mas que bela merda" resumem meus pensamentos.

Patinho

12/22/2002
14:20:35

I would have to agree that these people aren't "real" survivors... such as the ones in EcoChallenge, etc...

But I have to admit, if they do film it in the Amazon, I'll watch it. I've only seen one season of survivor and it was not bad.

What I would be most interested in seeing is the "challenges". You know that usually the tribes and challenges, etc are themed for thier location... so it would be cool to see the culural additions to the show about Brazil and maybe we Americans might just learn a little something...

USCIT

12/22/2002
15:45:47

Kind of my thought, Patinho. It may be gringoized all to hell, but there will still be an original flavor. I'll at least watch the opening segments. And per the fleeting info I had about February, if was wasn't to film then, it will be to air then. The time to watch for it. Or, perhaps go to www.cbs.com and find the show amid their programs. They should say something about it a few weeks before it airs.

ZZZZZZ
 Email

12/22/2002
18:45:17

The survivor will be in the middle of nowhere....you will learn a lot about Brazil culture...hehehehhe

Survivor should be filmed in the Rio de Janeiro slums....but I guess that no1 could survive...

I prefer to watch Big Brother Brazil 3...its crap but can be funny...

Patinho

12/22/2002
19:01:53

Didn't say "learn alot", said "learn a little"... that's for all of us Americans who are oblivious to other cultures. Don't knock it, we need it where we can get it....

Dempsey

12/26/2002
12:00:39

I am looking forward to Survivor in Brazil. It will be interesting. I've watched all the Survivors so far, and they're not bad. Maybe someone will get eaten by an anaconda. :)

Sick

12/26/2002
14:02:26

Randy828

12/27/2002
06:33:51

Maybe we should move this under the post "What should we do in Brazil" for Vargas and Brent!!! I kind of like the idea of filming this in the favelas rather than the Amazon! Surviving there would be much more interesting...especially for a bunch of moronic characters like they get for the Survivor shows...I have yet to watch one entire night of any of them...but I will if they are in the Amazon. Good posts guys!

Rioman

12/27/2002
14:52:47

Vargas and Brent? Beaves and Butthead impersonators?

P 1

Back to our cover