Back to our cover

Brazzil Forum [ return ]
FromMessage
Anonymous

1/14/2003
05:34:20
Subject: Are Brazilians extremely body conscious?
IP: Logged

First off I never been to Brazil but from pictures in the media and friends who have visited, I get the impression that the average Brasilian takes a lot of pride in being "in shape". Is this just a stereotype? Are Brasilians genetically predispod to having flat bellies (women) or being very muscular (men)? What does the average Brazilian consider the perfect beach body? I heard a big bunda is a plus for a women but big tatas are not. For men, do the women like them very muscular like a pro body builder or more of a swimmer's physique?

Anonymous

1/14/2003
09:43:21
RE: Are Brazilians extremely body conscious?
IP: Logged

When photographers take photos or travel shows are taped, they naturally look for the most attrative people in the vicinity to shoot the picture or video of (unless they are using professionally made-up models or actresses/actors already). It is universal. People just naturally record what is most visually attractive, not what isn't when taking pictures of eachother. Think about it. If you went somewhere or were doing something to advertise your product or country to others, would you take pictures of out-of-shape or in-shape people?
Thus, there are many in shape Brazilians, but so are there americans....or europians, asians, etc. Because of the hot climate, Brazilians tend to be more active and the poor ones don't have the abundance of food, so maybe more are thinner. Also, Brazilians in general are of smaller bone structures, so they appear to be shaped a little differently, but it doesn't mean they are any more 'in shape'. If you visit a beach in Rio, you see all shapes and sizes= in shape, out of shape, etc. But the ones who are out of shape are less self-conscious about wearing bikinis than the ones here.

P 1

Back to our cover