----------

Search

Custom Search
Members : 23404
Content : 3859
Content View Hits : 35398428

Who's Online

We have 577 guests online

Boycotted by Brazil's Mainstream Media Book on Opposition's Corruption Becomes Instant Bestseller PDF Print E-mail
2011 - December 2011
Written by Leonardo Attuch   
Sunday, 11 December 2011 21:27

Privataria Tucana Amaury Ribeiro Junior's A Privataria Tucana (Private is a neologism combining Privatization and Piracy. Tucano is a common name given to members of the PSDB party) is a controversial book written by a no less controversial journalist, but certainly competent at what he does. Former special reporter of weekly magazine Isto É and daily newspaper O Globo, Amaury has won several Esso awards, which were praised by his colleagues and bosses.

During the 2010 presidential campaign, Amaury was out of favor, after being accused of trying to purchase information from family members of presidential candidate José Serra, which were protected by fiscal secrecy.

Now, the journalist is living his personal redemption. He is the author of the biggest Brazilian publishing phenomenon in recent years. A book which, although boycotted by Brazil's mainstream media, sold 15,000 copies in one day (the whole first edition becoming a best seller by Brazil's editorial standards), being disputed in bookstores like hotcake.

Behind this success there is the hand of a no less controversial and also very competent publisher and editor. It is the journalist Luiz Fernando Emediato, owner of Geração Editorial, who has reached out to reporters willing to tell good stories.

He recently scored major successes of a political nature, such as Memória das Trevas (Darkness Memory) on late Bahia's politician Antonio Carlos Magalhães, aka Toninho Malvadeza (Little Tony, the Wicked) and Honoráveis Bandidos (Honorable Bandits) on the family of former president and senator José Sarney.

In this interview Emediato talks about the commercial performance of A Privataria Tucana. He also reveals that José Serra, the former São Paulo governor tried, to prevent the book's publication.

Were you expecting this kind of performance from a book on privatizations that happened so long ago?

I've never seen anything like it. 15 000 books were sold in a single day. It's a phenomenon.

How was the marketing strategy?

We were afraid a court order might prevent the book's distribution. And we didn't send it to any newsroom. Only the author sent a copy to the weekly magazine Carta Capital, but all the noise was made on the Internet. The success proves that there is a great change in Brazilian society and reveals the strength of the blogosphere.

Has Geração Editorial ordered the printing of a new edition?

We are printing an extra 15,000. We underestimated the demand, but the mistake wasn't ours alone. Some bookstores were not confident. But within a week the book will be again at all commercial outlets.

Did you suffer any pressure to not publish the book?

I wouldn't say pressure, but a few days ago I was approached by someone who suggested I had a conversation with former governor José Serra.

Who was it?

It was Antônio Ramalho, a union member from the PSDB who is the vice president of Força Sindical (Union Force).

Did you feel intimidated?

It wasn't exactly an intimidation, because the approach of Ramalho, who is a friend of mine, was very graceful. We sat, we had a coffee, he told me that Serra wanted to talk to me, I said no and we paid the check. In a democratic country, whoever feels uncomfortable has the right to sue me. Some time ago Guilherme Afif (vice-governor of São Paulo)  attacked me screaming, but I didn't pay too much attention.

Do you expect many lawsuits?

That's possible, but our lawyers say that the chance of us losing is very small. The book is very well documented. And there's no personal attacks. These are concrete facts.

Serra is known as a vindictive person.

They say Serra has no opponents, but enemies. I even believe I've already been his victim in an article of Veja magazine called "The Force's dark side", where they mentioned me without my having anything to do with it. But that was not what led me to publish the book. And I, who felt offended by Veja, sued the magazine. I think I'll win.

With these sales figures, the book will go into the bestseller list. Do you think Veja will include it in their weekly bestseller ranking?

They have to, otherwise it won't look good for them. The speed of sales of Privataria Tucana is superior to what happened to Honoráveis Bandidos, which started in fourth place, climbed to third, second and then spent several weeks in the first. If Veja ignores it it won't look good, because the book will surely enter the list of Folha, Estadão, Época...

How was 2011 for the Geração Editorial?

It was our best year. We were a small publisher that grossed 3 million reais (US$ 1.67 million) a year. We are still small, but we'll reach about 7 million reais (US$ 3.91 million) a year.

What is the role of this book vis-à-vis the current "ethical clean-up"?

It may be a medicine against hypocrisy.

This article appeared originally at the digital newspaper Brasil 247.

Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
Reddit! Del.icio.us! Mixx! Free and Open Source Software News Google! Live! Facebook! StumbleUpon! TwitThis Joomla Free PHP
Comments (87)Add Comment
The above is a new form of marketing a book
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, December 12, 2011

Ricardo: At least they should add a book review with this new marketing tool.

written by João da Silva, December 12, 2011

Very apt title for the book! I never heard of this book until I read the article in this magazine, because no MSM (Estadão, Veja ,Isto é, etcsmilies/wink.gif has so far not mentioned a word about it.smilies/sad.gif

Did some research about the book, the author & the publisher and from what I understood from the excerpts, the author Amaury has rekindled the memories of many who had direct or indirect experience with "Privatizações" during the era of FHC. The MSM at that time had questioned the policy of the government with regards that and also reported the "important role" played by many within and outside the government. It seems Amaury has used some of those reports to solidify his case against the "Tucanos".

Would love to read the book and hopefully the publishers print more copies soon.
Ricardo Amaral
written by João da Silva, December 13, 2011

Ricardo: At least they should add a book review with this new marketing tool.

Here is a nice link for you to read, Ricardo. Please also do the comments under the article.

http://www.advivo.com.br/blog/...o-da-midia

Ricardo Amaral
written by João da Silva, December 13, 2011

Here is the link to Estadão which reported Serra's reaction to the book:

http://www.estadao.com.br/noti...0591,0.htm

Hope you get to read the comments underneath.
Reply to Joao da Silva
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, December 13, 2011

Ricardo: Joao, I don't know if you still remember, but about 2 years ago I posted the following in the comment section of one of the articles here on Brazzil magazine regarding the Brazilian government privatization of valuable assets in Brazil:

November 2, 2009

Ricardo: Companhia Vale do Rio Doce was given away for a song when former President Fernando Henrique Cardoso was president of Brazil in 1997.

Companhia Vale do Rio Doce:

Sold by FHC for = US $ 3.1 billion (in 1997)

VALE S.A. ADS (NYSE: VALE) = US$ 134.3 billion (market cap as of Nov. 2, 2009)

Vale S.A. (BM&F Bovespa VALE3 / VALE5, NYSE: VALE, Latibex: XVALP / XVALO), formerly Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (CVRD), is a diversified mining multinational corporation and one of the largest logistics operators in Brazil. In addition to being the second-largest mining company in the world, Vale is also the largest producer of iron ore, pellets, and second largest of nickel. Vale also produces manganese, ferroalloys, copper, bauxite, potash, kaolin, alumina and aluminum. In the electric energy sector, the company participates in consortia and currently operates nine hydroelectric plants.

History

Companhia Vale do Rio Doce (or CVRD, as the company was better known prior to 2007) was founded in Itabira, Minas Gerais, as a public company by the Brazilian Federal Government on June 1, 1942. One year later the Vitória a Minas railroad was inaugurated. CVRD, just seven years after its foundation, was already responsible for 80% of Brazilian iron ore exports. In 1966, the company inaugurated in Espirito Santo the Port of Tubarão, which was to become the most important port for CVRD and is still used to export iron ore mined from the Iron Quadrangle in Minas Gerais.

The Carajás Mine, on which Vale still has over 1.5 billion tonnes of iron ore in reserves, started to have Vale as a majority stakeholder in 1970. In 1974, Vale became the world's biggest exporter of iron ore, title which it still holds today. Then, in 1982, Vale began to diversify itself after it started to produce aluminum in Rio de Janeiro. Throughout its history, CVRD’s activities, once restricted to the Southeast, were expanded to the Northeast, Central-West, and North of Brazil, diversifying its mineral product portfolio and consolidating logistics services.

Vale in 1985 started to explore the Carajás Mine in the state of Pará just after the Carajás railroad was opened and in 1986 Ponta Madeira port terminal, which is still used to export iron ore mined at the Carajás Mines, was inaugurated in the state of Maranhão.

Vale's privatization in 1997

Vale had its control transferred from the Brazilian Federal Government to the private sector (privatization) on May 6, 1997, when the Consórcio Brasil (Brazil Consortium), led by the National Steel Company - CSN acquired 41.73% of the Federal Government’s common stock for R$ 3,338 billion, or $3.14 billion at that time. The decision to privatize Vale caused much controversy and some politicians opposed the privatization. Vale remained a public traded company both in the Bolsa de Valores de São Paulo (BOVESPA) and NYSE (through American Depositary Receipt - ADR).

November 5, 2009

Ricardo: I give credit to former President Cardoso regarding the success of the Plan Real.

But on the other hand regarding his privatization program of Brazilian government assets he gave the store away for nickels and dimes.

Regarding President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva the history books are going to be very kind to him and historians are going to classify him as an excellent president – a president that when he left office he left Brazil in much better shape economically, and socially than the country that he had inherited from the prior administration.

Today almost at the end of the Lula administration Brazil is a country with great prospects for the future – the future looks amazing for Brazil and the Brazilian people.

What makes his story even more unbelievable is that this man came from total poverty and very limited schooling, but that did not stop him from becoming one of the most admired world leaders of his day.

Maybe what Brazil needed to turn the corner and achieve its potential was the leadership of a simple, and charismatic man such as President Lula.

People just cannot accept how good FHC was... It's an obssession. But that's cause he was great, if he was like Collor or Sarney people would have forgotten about him long ago.
written by Monica, December 13, 2011
Sold by FHC for = US $ 3.1 billion (in 1997)

VALE S.A. ADS (NYSE: VALE) = US$ 134.3 billion (market cap as of Nov. 2, 2009)

FHC sold for the amount above, but you forgot to say how much it was worth in 1997. That could put things in perspective.

What makes his story even more unbelievable is that this man came from total poverty and very limited schooling,

I believe it. All he had to do was to keep the boat floating the way FHC did. He just continued all the programs FHC implemented; no rocket science here. In fact, programs his party fought hardly against.

a president that when he left office he left Brazil in much better shape economically, and socially than the country that he had inherited from the prior administration.

That is funny. He is the one who left the "heranca maldita" for Dilma, not that she wasn't part of it herself. How many ministers have fallen due to corruption? And there is another one on the way... no wait, he is her friend so will be spared.

Even Dilma herself have acknowledged FHC great contribution to the country. But most Brazilians know how good he was, the rest is just government propaganda to destroy his legacy. Moreover, Lula adopted a dangerous approach: the old rhetoric; divide and conquer, all Lula did was to put Brazilians against Brazilians.

Book value vs market cap
written by Simpleton, December 14, 2011
Thanks Monica, you are right, perspective is needed but our distinguished statistician ch.c has disappeared. If you wish to look at something less than the full period, 1997 till now, you could compare the US ADR share price from 2002 till present with how the overall US markets performed in the same period. Rough numbers VALE up something like 900 percent while the best of the indicies about double (i.e. up 100 percent). None of that of that of course accounts for the capital poured into the company to expand it, currency BS, the companies making up the indicies, the changes in which companies actually make up the indicies, etc., etc., nor does it address dilution of shares as new shares were authorized to be sold to the public. In any case, you can simply adopt the wincing 20-20 hindsight stance that Ricky would have you believe (as of 2009) was a woe-unto-thee credit due FHC. The brasil government could have done nine times better than the long term averages? Somehow I don't think so - too many fingers would have been stuck in the pie (not that there still aren't, it's just done via less direct means as it is not directly government owned and operated).
President Fernando Henrique Cardoso's legacy = the “Plan Real”
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, December 14, 2011

Ricardo: Monica, I did acknowledged President Fernando Henrique Cardoso's legacy: this is what people will remember about the Cardoso administration 40, 50, 60 years from now. The history books will give credit to Cardoso about the “Plan Real”.

November 5, 2009

Ricardo: I give credit to former President Cardoso regarding the success of the Plan Real.

Reply to Simpleton
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, December 14, 2011

Simpleton: “In any case, you can simply adopt the wincing 20-20 hindsight stance that Ricky would have you believe (as of 2009) was a woe-unto-thee credit due FHC. The brasil government could have done nine times better than the long term averages?”

Ricardo: It has nothing to do with 20-20 hindsight as you suggested.

It has everything to do with simple common sense and nothing to do with Wall Street valuations.

Regarding Wall Street valuations, the financial statements of the major American banks are not good for people to use it even as toilet paper.

You did not need to be a rocket scientist to figure out that natural resources such as iron-ore would become a very valuable asset in the coming years based on the population explosion that we have had in the last 60 years.

The trend was there and since President Fernando Henrique Cardoso gave away for a song the natural resources of Vale do Rio Doce when he privatized that company in May 1997 – since that time the world population has increased by another 20 percent.

In early 1997 at the time of this major privatization it was not a secret that China and India had a combined population of more than 2 billion people, and that China was moving in a direction of re-organizing their economy which would create a major demand for natural resources such as iron-ore.

When I said it was just a matter of simple common sense and you did not need to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out: population explosion combined with scarce resources = higher prices and profits.

Wall Street just serve as a mechanism to transfer the valuable assets of the state to the hands of a few connected people to the greedy and corrupt politicians of a certain country, in this case Brazil.

Here is the estimated world population from 10,000 BC to 2011 AD.

Total World Population in Selected Years:

Year…………..# of World Population

10,000 BC…………4 million people
5,000 BC…………..5 million
4,000 BC…………..7 million
3,000 BC…………14 million
2,000 BC…………27 million
1,000 BC…………50 million
500 BC………….100 million
200 BC………….150 million
1 AD…………….170 million
200 AD………….190 million
300 AD………….190 million
400 AD………….190 million
500 AD………….190 million
600 AD………….200 million
700 AD………….210 million
800 AD……….…220 million
900 AD…….……240 million
1,000 AD………..265 million
1,100 AD………..320 million
1,200 AD………..360 million
1,300 AD………..360 million
1,400 AD………..350 million
1,500 AD………..425 million
1,550 AD………..480 million
1,600 AD………..545 million
1,700 AD………..610 million
1,750 AD………..720 million
1,800 AD………..900 million
1,850 AD……...1,200 million or 1.2 billion
1,900 AD……...1,625 million or 1.6 billion
1,925 AD……...2,000 million or 2.0 billion
1,950 AD……...2,500 million or 2.5 billion
1,960 AD……...3,000 million or 3.0 billion
1,975 AD……...4,000 million or 4.0 billion
1,985 AD……...5,000 million or 5.0 billion
1,999 AD……...6,000 million or 6.0 billion
2,006 AD……...6,500 million or 6.5 billion
2,011 AD..........7,000 million or 7.0 billion (people as of October 2011)

Note: If you do check various sources regarding the history of world population then you will find out that the various estimates varies a little from source to source for the figures before 1 AD, but at the end of the day their estimates are not too far apart.

Population:

Brazil: 203,429,773 (July 2011 est.)
Russia: 138,739,892 (July 2011 est.)
India: 1,189,172,906 (July 2011 est.)
China: 1,336,718,015 (July 2011 est.)

Total “BRIC” countries: 2.9 billion people

Ricardo Amaral
written by João da Silva, December 14, 2011

Ricardo: Joao, I don't know if you still remember, but about 2 years ago I posted the following in the comment section of one of the articles here on Brazzil magazine regarding the Brazilian government privatization of valuable assets in Brazil:

Yes, Ricardo, I vividly remember what you wrote and my comments as well about "privatizações"! I still remember your narrating how even the Zoo in Buenos Aires was privatized by the Argentine government to pay off their debtors. smilies/cheesy.gif

While I do not want to discuss the merits and demerits of FHC and Lula, the fact remains that the "National assets" were evaluated for a price far below the market value and auctioned off to the European "investors" in the late 90's. That what you and I were saying two years ago under one of your articles. The book by Amaury talks about "vested interests" involved in the whole process.

The blogger "Monica" is almost right though when she said about Lula & Dilma:

He is the one who left the "heranca maldita" for Dilma, not that she wasn't part of it herself.

Dilma got the "herança maldita" not from just Lula, but from FHC also.smilies/wink.gif She is indeed walking on a tight rope.smilies/sad.gif
Still not seeing the light
written by Simpleton, December 14, 2011
While Ricky and Joao are in tune, saying the state assets were sold for a "song" and "for a price far below market value", Monica's question has not yet been answered - what was the true value of Vale / it's actual worth at that time?

Although it's post 1997 material except for the references to the 1994 Soviet grains deal, here's an interesting link:

http://www.twnside.org.sg/title/latin-cn.htm
Simpleton
written by .., December 15, 2011

Monica's question has not yet been answered - what was the true value of Vale / it's actual worth at that time?

It is entirely possible that I agree with Monica's/my perspective.smilies/wink.gif

But...but...but...I must also present myself with a suitable position to placate our collective, esteemed bloggers Rickey, Andrade, and McCrann.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
A book called "Goldman Sachs Conspiracy," which argues that the bank is set on destroying China...
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, December 15, 2011

Ricardo: You can bet that “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” is also set on destroying the Brazilian economy, since that is what these parasites do for a living.

“Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” is like a cancer and they destroy everything that they touch.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...ost3388741

...December 15, 2011

SouthAmerica: Goldman's partners are jumping ship before the Titanic sinks, trust regarding this organization is evaporating very fast, as more and more people realized that only fools and suckers do any business with this company.

The Chinese are getting smart and they are paying attention to a book called "Goldman Sachs Conspiracy," which argues that the bank is set on destroying China.

I am raising the red flag in Brazil regarding “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” and their network of thieves. If any Brazilian company or any Brazilian government representative at all levels including the federal, state and local government decide to do any business with “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” that means that that person is completely stupid or is corrupt to the core and it's involved in some kind of illegal scheme.

In a nutshell: “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” days are numbered.

The smart money is leaving this toxic stock, their executives are jumping ship, and anybody with any brains has stopped doing business with these crooks.

This time around there's no US government or Warren Buffett to bailout these crooks. This time the Titanic is going down to the bottom of the sea.

The "smart money" is selling their “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” stock ahead of the herd.

Ricardo: It's just a matter of time for "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" to also collapse and have a stock meltdown just like Lehman Brothers did a few years ago.

December 13, 2011

SouthAmerica: The "smart money" is connecting the dots...and probably these are the people who are selling their stock ahead of most people, before the herd gets spooked and starts the final stampede.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...enumber=45

This time “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” is going down!!!!!!!!!

Ricardo: This time “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” is going down!!!!!!!!!

Occupy Wall Street at Goldman Sachs, Crooks and Thieves Protected by Police – December 12, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2tfRfi86qU

The middle class is imploding in the United States.

Ricardo: This was just published by the AP Associated press:

AP – Associated Press – December 15, 2011
U.S. Census shows 1 in 2 people are poor or low-income

http://news.yahoo.com/census-s...25860.html

Pay gap a US$740bn threat to US recovery

Ricardo: You can read the entire article at the FT web site.

Anyway, the FT article said: "If wages were at their postwar average share of 63 per cent, workers would earn an extra $740bn this year, about $5,000 per worker, according to FT calculations.

Financial Times (UK) - December 15, 2011
“Pay gap a $740bn threat to US recovery”
By Robin Harding in Washington

Jonathan Smucker felt so strongly that something was wrong at the heart of the American system that he left the small business he runs in Rhode Island and set off for New York City to take part in the Occupy Wall Street protest.

“Like a lot of Americans, I’m pretty ticked off. It’s not that there are rich people, it’s that the people with a lot of money over the past few decades have rigged the system so that there’s not a fair chance for anyone any more,” he said at the protests last week.

“We are the 99%”, the slogan of Occupy Wall Street, is a reference to the rising wealth of the top 1 per cent of US income distribution. But an equally valid slogan might be: “We get 58%”.

That figure is the share of US national income that goes to workers as wages rather than to investors as profits and interest. It has fallen to its lowest level since records began after the second world war and is part of the reason why incomes at the top – which tend to be earned from capital – have risen so much. If wages were at their postwar average share of 63 per cent, workers would earn an extra $740bn this year, about $5,000 per worker, according to FT calculations.

Simpleton
written by João da Silva, December 15, 2011

While Ricky and Joao are in tune, saying the state assets were sold for a "song" and "for a price far below market value", Monica's question has not yet been answered - what was the true value of Vale / it's actual worth at that time?

Thanks, Simp for posting the link of the article written by Michel Chossudovsky from U of Toronto. He narrates the events that unfolded from January 13, 1999, the "Black Wednesday". In fact it helped to refresh my memory.

There some interesting things to remember:

1) The privatizations of many state owned companies (and banks) were done before this date.ie During the first term of FHC .

2) It was sold to the public as one of many great accomplishments of FHC who ran for the second mandate in end 1998 and easily was reelected.

3) 13 days after he was sworn in as the President again , a big crisis broke out as described in the link.I am not sure if Ricardo has read the link you posted, but....but...but... he should as his good friends Herr.Goldmann & Sacs also were also present when our ministers had to rush to Washington D.C to for a meeting with all the bigwigs in IMF, Federal Reserves, etc;

4) If we had made so much money selling our national assets, why did we get into a financial crisis?

Well, while I cant tell you how much the "Vale" was worth in 1997 when it was sold, to a certain extent I can give you an idea about our other "National Asset" Telebras which was auctioned off in 1998. It was sold for $23 Billions. A few months earlier, NITEL (Nigerian Telecom) which didn't have infrastructure nor number of Telephone lines like Telebras had was sold for $45Billions.

I am not sure how good your reading skill in Portuguese, but if it is reasonably good, I suggest you go through the links I posted under one of my comments above.
written by João da Silva, December 15, 2011

Esteemed and respected "..",

But...but...but...I must also present myself with a suitable position to placate our collective, esteemed bloggers Rickey, Andrade, and McCrann.

McCrann? That name sounds familiar. You must be referring to Feldwebel.Jake McCrann of erstwhile Waffen-SS? If so, you don't have to placate him. Just give him precise instructions and he will obey.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
Reality check about the USA and its imploding economic system
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, December 17, 2011

Ricardo: Reality check about a collapsing US economy.

Reality check about the USA – Jeffrey Sachs and Thomas Friedman – December 16, 2011
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30.../#45695751

Over 50 percent of Americans are living on poverty, and the middle class is imploding in the USA.

Minority stakes
written by Simpleton, December 17, 2011
Watch it there Ricky, you are hitting too close to home. Been there, done that, the boat is about half dry and half submerged already but at least they've stopped coming over and sucking us dry via welfare. It's some how comforting to know that now I can once again be considered one of the majority and can become part of the problem rather than part of the solution!smilies/grin.gif
written by .., December 17, 2011

Been there, done that, the boat is about half dry and half submerged already but at least they've stopped coming over and sucking us dry via welfare.

But...but...but... remember your boat has already been sunk and you have just a few months of oxygen left. Hang down your head and pray, Tom Dooley.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif
Today the United States has only a Welfare program for Wall Street and the Banksters....
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, December 17, 2011

Simpleton: “at least they've stopped coming over and sucking us dry via welfare.”

Ricardo: Simpleton, did you know that the US government froze in 1974 the amount that Americans can get as WELFARE monthly benefit payments?

Until recently WELFARE – was an issue that not even the Republicans had the nerve to touch on that subject.

Welfare is money paid to persons, from a government, who are in need of financial assistance but who are unable to work for pay.

A social welfare provision refers to any program which seeks to provide a minimum level of income, service or other support for disadvantaged peoples such as the poor, elderly, disabled, students, unpaid workers such as mothers and other caregivers, and underprivileged groups.

From January 1974 to January 2011 = 37 years

What $ 1.00 bought in January 1974 in December of 2011 we need at least $ 6.00 to buy that same item. In another words, if you still receiving today the same amount of money that you used to receive in 1974 then you lost over 85 percent of your purchasing power or you got a cut on your income of over 85 percent because of inflation during that period.

Today there is a subject that even the Republicans don’t have the nerve to talk about – and the Republicans usually don’t care which group of people they are screwing most of the time.

Here is why:

Do you remember all these programs on television showing to the American people how well all those people were living out of their WELFARE check? And how much fraud was going on in the early 1970’s on that government program?

Have you seeing any candidate from either political party talking about the subject of welfare and how to cut the welfare program for the very poor in the political campaigns for president in 1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, and also in the current presidential campaign?

The answer is NO, not even the Republicans have the nerve to touch on that subject.

The candidates talk about reducing entitlements programs, but they are talking about Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid. They are not talking about the WELFARE program for the very poor.

The word WELFARE is not part of any politicians’ vocabulary for a long time here in the United States, at least since the decade of the 1980’s.

Most Americans don’t know it, because nobody in the American mainstream media is interested on this subject today.

You must be wondering how the US government fixed the problems regarding that program?

The answer is very simple: the United States government froze the amount people can receive as welfare payment in the year 1974 – the amount people receive as monthly WELFARE payments has not increased in value since 1974, for example if a single person received $ 140 per month from welfare in 1974, a single person still receiving only $ 140 per month as welfare payment in 2011. Inflation cut the amount people receive from WELFARE by over 85 percent. Welfare recipients have been receiving an annual cut on their welfare benefits year after year because of inflation.

To this day most Americans still think that the US government is spending a fortune with the people on welfare, and that welfare is one of the major causes for US government yearly budget deficits.

They created a certain perception about welfare for the American people in the 1970’s that has nothing to do with the welfare program in the United States in 2011.

I have no idea how people are surviving on their welfare checks in 2011 – today the amount of money they get as welfare on a monthly basis are below of subsistence level in most parts of the United States, and the only place they might be able to survive on that kind of income is in Zimbabwe.

It is ironic that the last American president to increase the amount of money that any American can receive as WELFARE payment on a monthly basis it was Richard Nixon a Republican president.

The Bush administration created in 2008 the largest WELFARE program for the rich in American history to the tune of trillions of US dollars – the bailout of Wall Street.

Now the United States has one WELFARE program for the rich where some people are making a fortune such as the “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People”.

And the United States still has its old WELFARE program for the destitute and very poor where people are barely being able to survive. Today even in Zimbabwe they must have a better WELFARE program for the poor.

Anyway, check out if you also qualify for the new US government welfare program for the rich and well connected – the crooks from Wall Street are taking the US government for a ride on this program to the tune of trillions of US dollars.

submariner
written by Simpleton, December 18, 2011
.., you attempted to access the alter with the wrong code and are in need of reprogramming, here's the link

http://educate-yourself.org/mc/illumformula4Bchap.shtml
The US economic and financial system is collapsing faster than most people has realized.
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, December 18, 2011

Ricardo: The US economic and financial system is nothing to write home about it.

Jim Rogers: Abolish the Fed – December 13, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc1Aq0_xbHY

Capital Account: Chris Martenson on the Money System and Exponential Resource Depletion (12/14/11)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?N...34jxraCFZ4

Here are some very important principles that are under the foundations supporting the US economic, and financial system:
http://thefinalcollapseoftheus...of-us.html

The Asian Business and Management Conference 2011

ABMC 2011 Keynote Address Part 1 – December 14, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...re=related

ABMC 2011 Keynote Address Part 2 – December 14, 2011

ABMC 2011 Keynote Address Part 3 – December 14, 2011

ABMC 2011 Keynote Address Part 4 – December 14, 2011

"Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" and J.P. Morgan are in the process of melting down.

Ricardo: "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" and J.P. Morgan are in the process of melting down.

Keiser Report: Exotic pet banking fraudsters – December 17, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w--GHs6l_4w

The Perfect Storm is here in 2012.....

Ricardo: The Perfect Storm is just ahead of us - 2012 it will be a year to remember

Gerald Celente On the Edge with Max Keiser 17 December 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCo2q4gsbNI

written by .., December 18, 2011

you attempted to access the alter with the wrong code and are in need of reprogramming, here's the link

http://educate-yourself.org/mc/illumformula4Bchap.shtml

Verkeerde kode, my vriend? Die webwerf wat u aangedui het, is vol foute en warm lug. Ek stel voor dat jy jouself voed eerste voor die gee van advies aan ander.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif
Scandals are often only the “tip of the iceberg”

Ricardo: Here is just an up date about how the entire system implodes in stages.

Over 75 years ago Wall Street Crashed; but today the New Crash is already underway
http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...did=117003

February 7, 2008

...The truth is the world is overdue for a new economic depression. Historically we had a depression in the world once every 55 to 60 years. The last world depression was over 60 years ago. A Russian economist, Nikolai Kondratieff, published a study in 1926 showing that a very long-term economic cycle existed. His major premise was that capitalist economies had a pattern of long wave cycles of boom and bust. The bust cycle repeated itself approximately every 60 years. If you had read Kondratieff's paper in 1926, you would have known that an economic depression was around the corner.

Kondratieff identified four distinct phases the economy goes through during each cycle: 1) Inflationary growth, 2) Stagflation, 3) Deflationary growth, and finally 4) Depression-falling prices, falling stock prices, falling profits, debt collapse.

As the stock market is collapsing, a number of corporate scandals emerge such as Enron, WorldCom, Global Crossing, Adelphia Communications, Arthur Anderson and many others. As the debt load reaches new highs in the economy, the result is a record-breaking number of personal and corporate bankruptcies, as is the case in the US today.

…In the past, a major war was the way out of an economic depression. Maybe that solution will be used by the US one more time to restart its economy - a major war contributes to ending the depression phase, and leads the economy to the first phase of the cycle once again. The big war has to be started somewhere even in Iran.

New up date:

You can add to the above list of scandals the names of Bernie Madoff, MF Global, Galleon Hedge Fund, and the massive scandal that is underway regarding “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” and J.P. Morgan Bank and the city of London are at the center of a major financial Ponzi scheme and financial meltdown that is underway.

Scandals are often only the “tip of the iceberg”.

Keiser Report: Möbius Strip of Fraud – December 15, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f...gkWw8ue8#!

Simpleton
written by João da Silva, December 18, 2011

Verkeerde kode, my vriend? Die webwerf wat u aangedui het, is vol foute en warm lug. Ek stel voor dat jy jouself voed eerste voor die gee van advies aan ander.

What language is this,Simp? Decode the message for me, ASAP (don't confuse with ASP),please. Tanks.smilies/wink.gif
Jy kyk, hoop jy lees elke laaste woord van daardie lang afdeling.smilies/cheesy.gif Ek wou nie die onderwerp van die Illuminati direk te noem. Ons het 'n ander blogger wat afgaan' n bietjie diep op samesweringsteorieë. Jy dink ons gunsteling prodigeous plakkaat voeg volume, net wag.
Ricky
You might note that Welfare, as it was once known, ended up under the individual states control a long time ago. Why would you think anyone in the federal government from either political party would bring it up? As to the limits any one individual can receive being frozen at 1974 dollar amounts - poppyc**k - go back and read about the Welfare Magnet State controversies. While you are at it, include Dick Nixon and Bill Clinton in your searches so you can see what both republican and democrats have contributed to the reformation. As to the mainstream media not taking an interest in it, well maybe they only do when there's a major fraud discovery. Check out the scandals with regards to childcare and Wisconsin's W-2 program (aka new name for Welfare in that state).
Please console Ricardo..... Kim Jong Il dead at 69!
written by João , December 19, 2011

Ricardo, we are very sorry for your ideological loss.smilies/wink.gif

But...but...but...please be assured, the puppet masters in Beijing are very much alive and well...for now.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
Reply to Joao da Silva
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, December 19, 2011

It's Afrikaans; a language of southern Africa, derived from the form of Dutch brought to the Cape by Protestant settlers in the 17th century.

The world still has not realized that the US economy and financial system is collapsing....

Ricardo: The US economic and financial system is collapsing and imploding at the speed of light.

Alex Jones 2011-12-18 Sunday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f...-hIm4-KM#!

Ricardo Amaral
written by João da Silva, December 19, 2011

It's Afrikaans; a language of southern Africa, derived from the form of Dutch brought to the Cape by Protestant settlers in the 17th century.

Thanks Ricardo. I didn't know you could read Afrikaans. It was certainly not German.smilies/shocked.gif

Please console Ricardo..... Kim Jong Il dead at 69!

Xara, thanks for giving us this important breaking news.smilies/sad.gif

But...but...but... I doubt if Dr.Kim Jong Ill was of any practical utility dead or alive to our buddy Ricky. smilies/sad.gif
Ricardo Amaral

The world still has not realized that the US economy and financial system is collapsing....

Probably Kim Jong Il realized it, had a heart attack and dropped dead.smilies/shocked.gif Ignorance is a bliss and ensures ones longevity but...but...but.. the old boy didn't know it.smilies/sad.gif

Sub:
EXCLUSIVO - PRIVATARIA TUCANA CHEGA AO CINEMA

Dear distinguished fellow bloggers,

Here is a link I received from a good friend of mine. It is absolutely hilarious and hope you all enjoy watching the video clip.smilies/cheesy.gif

http://cloacanews.blogspot.com...ga-ao.html

Reply to Joao da Silva

Ricardo: I had posted this info on another web site to answer someone's posting about Kim Jung Il's death.

North Korea is an “Oligarchy” - watch this video and you will understand what I am trying to say.

Kim Jung Il was the visible leader, but the country is actually being ruled by a group behind the scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFXuGIpsdE0

This was my answer to another member of the other forum:

Ian, you don't need to worry about it - the generals are in charge of what is going on in North Korea.

The same generals who were in charge a weak ago, a year ago, and so on....

The mainstream media needs material to hype and spin all kinds of ways, but at the end of the day nothing has changed in North Korea other than another "Dear Leader" passed away.

Ian, the United States is getting very predictable in many ways, even though the two Koreas want to move in the direction of merging the 2 Koreas into one country just like Germany did after the collapse of the Soviet Union – you can bet that the United States will try to manufacture an event to create another major crisis in that area of the world involving the 2 Koreas to take the attention away from a collapsing and melting down international financial system based on the US dollar.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure this one out, and Washington has the track record to show of how to make bad decisions where the result is: things spin completely out of control.

fala comigo
written by Simpleton, December 19, 2011
Die vriendelike, meneer, jy is nog te veel wit spasie, maar dankie dat jy vir die posts in elk geval. Mense se "menings" word gewoonlik gevorm deur hul eie stel van persoonlike ervaringe en hul vermoë kwalifiseer om hul bronne van inligting, is inligting wat nie direkte eerstehandse ondervinding te kwalifiseer. Jy lyk dikwels onderhewig wees aan die spin-dokters, net soos enige iemand, miskien 'n bietjie minder, maar jy is geraak.
Simpleton

fala comigo

Whom are you giving this order to, Simp?smilies/smiley.gifsmilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/cool.gif
Ricardo Amaral

North Korea is an “Oligarchy” - watch this video and you will understand what I am trying to say.

Aren't most of the countries in the U.N. (which is a failed entity,IMHO)? Even ours! I am as skeptical as you are about the politically "elected" and "selected" leaders. They are all "Funcionários publicos" whose loyalties are to only themselves.smilies/angry.gif
football
written by Frank de Luca, December 20, 2011
May I suggest that you study the negative cultural implications on the Brazilian culture caused by the structure of the football in the country. Many directors of clubs are considered corrupt; most clubs do not or better are in arrears in their taxes therefore the public is supporting the clubs, clubs are not considered a business, there is no development structure for players and politicians are involved. All this considered we hear comments from politicians that we have to have half price tickets.
Reply to Frank de Luca
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, December 20, 2011

Ricardo: Frank, are you related to this fellow?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Deluca

Reply to Frank de Luca

Ricardo: Frank, are you related to this fellow?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Deluca

Regarding "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People"

Someone who works for Goldman Sachs or is working on behalf of Goldman Sachs has posted today a warning at the ET economics forum as follows:

we're watching you, and you are getting very close to crossing the line, take this as a friendly warning

December 20, 2011

SouthAmerica: Reply to oldtime

You guys have been watching and monitoring all along.

But I am not the one who has crossed the line - the entire world knows by now that "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" has crossed the line not only here in the United States, but also in many countries around the world - and you guys have a long list of examples to back up your position for the world to see it.

You guys are not going to destroy Brazil as you did with Greece and just about everything you guys touch.

You can bet on that.

The red alert is on in Brazil regarding everything "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" and its network of thieves is involved in Brazil.

You might continue to get away with your shenanigans here in the United States, but in Brazil the party is over for you guys.

The "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" days are numbered in Brazil

Ricardo: I sent a number of emails to friends and relatives who are involved with the mainstream media in Brazil as follows:

Luis Roberto, please share all this information about Goldman Sachs with the top management of the Estado de Sao Paulo newspaper.

And ask the newspaper to scrutinize everything that Goldman Sachs and its people are involved in Brazil.

Veja magazine, Globo TV and all the major mainstream media in Brazil should place the spotlight on everything that Goldman Sachs is doing and involved in Brazil.

Usually everything that these people touches they leave a wreckage behind, and they also are known to pillage everything that they can get away with such in Libya, and the sub-prime mess that they were involved.

Never mind the destruction of the Greek economy, and so on....

If the Brazilians don't chase these crooks out of town and out of the country then you deserve the wreckage that these thieves leave behind.

This is just the tip of the iceberg....since the Titanic is in the process of sinking to the bottom of the sea.

Ricardo: "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" is among the top losers in 2011, but this is just the tip of the iceberg.

The Titanic is in the process of sinking to the bottom of the sea.

You can bet on that.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/...11141.html

Here is a warning to you: the “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” days are numbered, because your house of cards is collapsing around you.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...enumber=48

December 20, 2011

SouthAmerica: Here is another reality check for “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People”.

The world is waking up and people are realizing that “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” is nothing more than a big “FRAUD” and a big piece of s**t.

You might impress some fools with your sleek ways, fancy clothing, smooth talking, expensive wine and dine, and over rated diplomas from the top schools, you can use all that camouflage, but behind the mask you guys are just a big piece of s**t and nothing else.

You had the balls to send me a warning saying that I was crossing the line.

Here is a warning to you: the “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” days are numbered, because your house of cards is collapsing around you.

Keiser Report: Victims of Banking Terrorists – December 20, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si8maUWB2ys

Every week Max Keiser looks at all the scandal behind the financial news headlines. This week Max Keiser and co-host Stacy Herbert discuss the Maxinator, downgrade rampages and food fights between Sarkozy and Cameron. In the second half of the show, Max and Stacy look at the victims of banking fraud, from the Alabama poor cut off from water supplies to the small ranchers who lost it all when MF Global was run into the ground by former Goldman Sachs banker and ex-New Jersey governor, Jon Corzine.

Noam Chomsky: Center for Global Humanities - December 12, 2011
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, December 21, 2011

Center for Global Humanities – December 12, 2011

Noam Chomsky: Arab Spring, American Winter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmADC2k3J3Q

Noam Chomsky, Institute Professor of Linguistics, MIT, reflects on the irony that while the peoples of the Middle East are demanding the right to good education, health, and employment, Americans, battered by an economic systems that eludes most people's grasp, seem to be resigned to a future without such rights.

Amaury Ribeiro Junior: A Privataria Tucana. rar
written by Hugo Santos, December 24, 2011
Download the book for free...

http://www.mediafire.com/?p8v2st96l0ty9b9
Hugo Santos
written by João da Silva, December 24, 2011

Download the book for free...

http://www.mediafire.com/?p8v2st96l0ty9b9

Thanks Hugo. Hope Ricardo gets to download the book and read.

Merry Christmas and a Happy 2012 to all our distinguished as well as non distinguished bloggers.smilies/smiley.gif
Reply to João da Silva
written by Hugo Santos, December 24, 2011
I wish you a very happy Christmas and a successful 2012. smilies/smiley.gif
To all members of Brazzil mag Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!!
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, December 25, 2011
Have a great holiday season!!!!!!!!!!
Ricardo Amaral
written by João da Silva, December 25, 2011

Have a great holiday season!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Ricardo. The same to you and all the members of Amaral clan.

Our friend Hugo Santos did a great favor to us by posting the link where one can download the book free of cost. I started reading it and I must say it is not a Fiction, but...but...but... contains historical facts. I suggest you too read it. Also, I am posting another interesting link for you to read and connect the dots:

http://www.estadao.com.br/noti...5010,0.htm

Cheers. Hope it is not too cold in NJ.smilies/cheesy.gif
Reply to Joao da Silva
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, December 28, 2011

Ricardo: Caro Joao, nao consegui abrir aquela file do livro de geito nenhum. Dai procurei na internet outro local e finalmente consegui neste local:

December 28, 2011

A privataria tucana
By: Amaury Ribeiro Jr.

http://search.4shared.com/post...vatar.html

Voce tambem vai gostar de ver este debate sobre o livro:

Debate sobre o livro "A Privataria Tucana" com Amaury Ribeiro Jr.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufUjcYOY_iE

Debate realizado no dia do lançamento do livro "A Privataria Tucana", do jornalista Amaury Ribeiro Jr. 10/12/2011

O livro chegou às livrarias nesta sexta e já causou repercussão na blogosfera, reação oposta à da grande mídia, que ignorou o lançamento.

Joao este livro tem mais de 300 paginas e eu vou ter que ler no meu computador.

Vou ler devagarinho ate acabar de ler o livro todo.

O problema e que estou com 12 livros na fila na minha cabeceira do lado de minha cama esperando a vez para eu poder le-lo.

Geralmente eu leio dois livros ao mesmo tempo, mas agora tenho todo este material que quero ler o mais rapido possivel.

Happy New Year for you and your family!!!!!

2012 is the year when “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” will leave Brazil

Ricardo: I just posted this info on the Elite Trader Economics forum about “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People”

December 28, 2011

SouthAmerica: The “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” days are numbered.

2012 is the year when “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” will leave Brazil, after closing its subsidiary in that country.

Here is why:

Over the years “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” screwed a lot of people around the world on its efforts to make a quick buck.

In my opinion, there are a lot of people around the world who must have a legitimate and a valid claim against “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” Corporation assets.

If I were any of these people, I would not waste any time suing “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” in the United States, since this corporation has a lot of connections and a lot of power inside the US government.

At the end of the day, suing “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” in the United States it would be a waste of time and money, because of their power structure in that country.

What would be the best strategy for all the people who think that they have a legitimate and a valid claim against “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” Corporation assets?

Sue “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” subsidiary in Brazil, and ask the Brazilian government to freeze all “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” assets that they have in that country.

Some of the people who might have a legitimate and a valid claim against “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” Corporation assets are as follows:

The Greek people, since “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” helped the Greek government hide important information for them to qualify for the euro, then “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” used that information to bet against the Greek government and helped destabilize and destroy the economic system of that country.

All the pension funds, hedge funds, and other investors who invested in the sub-prime crap that “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” sold around the world to unsuspecting investors as being high grade investments.

The Libyan people could have a claim “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” and try to recover the 98 percent of over US$ 2 billion dollars money that belonged to the Libyan Sovereignty Investment fund that were entrust to “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” to manage it.

The Libyan people alone have a legitimate and a valid claim against “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” for over US$ 2 billion dollars. And they should try to recover that money in Brazil.

Probably after the word gets around that various groups have sued the “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” subsidiary in Brazil in an effort to recover their losses, a lot more people will come out of the woodwork who also think that they have a legitimate and a valid claim against “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” Corporation assets.

The sooner all these people start suing the “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” subsidiary in Brazil, the better it would be their chances of recouping some of the money they lost because of this highly unethical, predatory and cancerous organization.

In a nutshell:

The smart money knows that the “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” days are numbered.

The “smart money” is aware that the Goldman Sachs stock is becoming toxic very fast, and it is just a matter of time for this stock to implode like Lehman Brothers did a few years ago.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...enumber=48

The demise of "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" in 2012

Ricardo: Today, I posted the following in the Elite Trader Economics forum:

December 28, 2011

SouthAmerica: I agree with Max Keiser, we will have another major financial collapse in 2012 similar to 2008.

Enjoy the ride.

And this time around instead of Lehman Brothers, I hope "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" have a complete financial meltdown.

The United States and the world will be a better place without the crooks and scam artists from "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" and their network of thieves.

Max Keiser takes offense to Goldman Sachs story Part 1 of 2 – December 23, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48FIglcptF0

Max Keiser takes offense to Goldman Sachs story Part 2 of 2 – December 23, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f...etr1s9SqjY

If you did not know
written by Simpleton, December 29, 2011
To my knowledge, "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" have no tangible assets in Brasil that can be "frozen". Nobody with any brains at all would risk that!

I will spend as much time as I can this next year to help a dear brasileira friend recover / retrieve / gain direct control over the assets in Switzerland, Holland, Denmark and the US that her marido left to her when he passed away. At present, the hang up is in gaining control over the assets his previous missus had convinced him to move to / establish in Brasil. The court is slow and the lawyer will end up taking half just like the last (but non-fatal) breakup.

Ricky, I am horrified that you suggest anyone try to recoup "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" claims by taking away what they might or might not be able to do from Brasil. You are as much of a disgrace to your birth country as you are to the one that mistakenly took your folks in and effectively gave you every freaking thing you have.
BTW
written by Simpleton, December 29, 2011
us_observer, if you are still skulking about out there, that was your cue to chime in with an "Ayyyymen Brodder". I'll explain the equipoising use of the phrase "are as much of a disgrace" to Ricky later after he's had his fit.

BTW, lot's of "acceleration" features seem to have been implemented and not so perfectly. If I come back to the site and look at the posts, I don't see some I was sure I saw before. Sometimes they reappear if I refresh the page or come back much later. It's like the mafiosa are working thier magic against me! Also tried looking for this Nguyen Joe fella if he's still around. I could have sworn he made a comment on one of the articles a while back but I couldn't find him again although Joao kept talking about him. All I could come up with was that maybe if was not some Maori decendant then maybe he was some fiction / sci-fi author with a few books that came out back around 2001 or possibly some young kid whose is a comedian.

http://www.google.com/search?tbo=p&tbm=bks&q=inauthor:"Joe+Nguyen"

http://talk.onevietnam.org/joe-nguyen-just-another-vietnamese-jewish-american-comedian/

so much for the skunk works
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, December 29, 2011

Also tried looking for this Nguyen Joe fella if he's still around. I could have sworn he made a comment on one of the articles a while back but I couldn't find him again although Joao kept talking about him

Nguyen Joe was in the other thread :

http://www.brazzil.com/component/content/article/239-november-2011/10536-brazilians-dont-protest-in-the-streets-simply-because-theyre-happy-with-what-they-have.html

He never made a comment under this article. May be Joe was actively involved in the "Privataria Tucana" and his name is mentioned in the book.smilies/wink.gif
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, December 29, 2011
Reply to Simpleton
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, December 29, 2011

Part 1 of 2

December 29, 2011

Ricardo: Simpleton, the answer to your question is: Yes

The "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" has been increasing very fast in Brazil since 2008, and as you can see for yourself on these financial reports, if you take the time to search it, there's a lot of Goldman Sachs assets in Brazil for people from around the world to go after it.

Probably the people or group who starts the first lawsuits to recoup their losses and legitimate claims against “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” - these people will have a priority in claiming any assets that “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” has in Brazil.

They also can ask the judges in Brazil to freeze any “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” assets in Brazil to prevent them from moving the assets out the country.

People around the world lost billions and billions of US dollars because of this global predator, and suing in Brazil is the only chance that they have in recouping some of their losses.

Here is some information from the Goldman Sachs website in Brazil:

Goldman Sachs do Brasil Banco Multiplo S.A.
http://www2.goldmansachs.com/w...acoes.html

http://www2.goldmansachs.com/w...idity.html

Gestão de Risco de Liquidez

A Liquidez tem importância crítica em Instituições Financeiras. A maior parte dos problemas com essas Instituições acontece devido à liquidez insuficiente. Dessa forma, o Conglomerado Financeiro Goldman Sachs estabeleceu uma série de políticas de liquidez que visam manter a flexibilidade para lidar com eventos de liquidez específicos ao Goldman Sachs, mas também no mercado financeiro como um todo. Nosso objetivo principal é prover recursos para o Conglomerado Financeiro Goldman Sachs no Brasil e permitir a manutenção dos negócios e geração de receita, até mesmo sob circunstâncias adversas.

O Conglomerado Financeiro Goldman Sachs observa e atende os termos e solicitações da Resolução 2.804 do Conselho Monetário Nacional.

As informações de maior relevância e os resultados gerados pelos modelos internos de liquidez, incluindo o teste de estresse, são disseminados para grande parte da alta gerência no Brasil e no exterior incluindo o Diretor Estatutário responsável pelo Risco de Liquidez da Instituição.

Nós administramos o Risco de Liquidez de acordo com a seguinte metodologia:

Reserva de Liquidez [PDF, 32 KB] – O Conglomerado Financeiro Goldman Sachs mantém uma reserva mínima de liquidez para atender a uma variedade de potenciais perdas de caixa em um cenário de estresse, incluindo as obrigações contratuais. O tamanho dessa reserva é baseada em um modelo interno de liquidez juntamente a uma avaliação qualitativa das condições de mercado e do Goldman Sachs Gerenciamento de Ativos e Passivos [PDF, 103 KB] – Nossa estratégia de captação conta com uma avaliação das características de todos os nossos ativos em relação ao seu período de retenção estimado e sua potencial perda de liquidez no mercado em uma situação de estresse. Além disso, gerenciamos os vencimentos e diversificação das nossas captações com e sem garantias – isso é analisado sob uma perspectiva de mercado, de produtos e de contrapartes. Assim, procuramos evitar a todo custo os “descasamentos” entre os nossos ativos e passivos.

http://www2.goldmansachs.com/w...ement.html

A Goldman Sachs Asset Management Brasil Limitada (“GSAM Brasil”) iniciou suas atividades no Brasil em janeiro de 2008 ao desenvolver uma estrutura completa para gestão de ativos de renda fixa, ações e multimercados para investidores locais. A GSAM Brasil lançou seu primeiro fundo de investimento em junho de 2008 e desde então vem complementando a sua gama de produtos destinados a clientes institucionais e aos canais de distribuição para pessoas físicas.

Com uma equipe de profissionais de investimento experiente e totalmente integrada na estrutura global de gestão, de processos de investimento e de gestão de risco alinhados às práticas globais, a GSAM Brasil é hoje responsável pela gestão de cerca de R$ 6,2 bilhões*, incluindo os recursos dos fundos locais e dos fundos globais da GSAM investidos em ativos brasileiros.

Reply to Simpleton

Part 2 of 2

http://www2.goldmansachs.com/w.../ctvm.html

O Goldman Sachs Corretora (GS) iniciou suas atividades em 2009, com atuação no segmento à vista de ações e, em 2010, estendeu sua licença para o segmento de futuros e opções da BM&FBOVESPA. Com foco nos investidores intitucionais domésticos e internacionais, a GS busca a diferenciação através da qualidade de seus profissionais, da sua ampla cobertura de empresas e de sua tecnologia de última geração na execução de ordens através da plataforma de DMA.

A GS foi a primeira corretora, após o processo de desmutualização da BM&FBOVESPA, a ser admitida a operar através das novas regras de acesso de negociação irrestrito (DN Irrestrito), visando as categorias de Execution e de Carrying Broker.

http://www2.goldmansachs.com/w...ncome.html

Oferecemos aos nossos clientes acesso a uma ampla linha de produtos e serviços financeiros, incluindo renda fixa, câmbio, commodities, títulos e derivativos, assim como nosso conhecimento dos mercados locais e internacionais e larga experiência em gerenciamento de riscos.

http://www2.goldmansachs.com/w...nking.html

Nossa área de Banco de Investimento (IBD) oferece serviços para um amplo grupo de empresas, instituições financeiras, instituições governamentais e indivíduos.

As atividades de IBD são divididas em dois componentes: Assessoria Financeira e Mercado de Capitais e Subscrições.

Assessoria Financeira

Nossos serviços nessa área incluem projetos de consultoria relativo a fusões e aquisições, desinvestimentos, reestruturações e cisões de empresas.

Mercado de Capitais e Subscrições

A Goldman Sachs apóia seus clientes em ofertas públicas e privadas de ações, renda fixa e instrumentos híbridos.

http://www2.goldmansachs.com/w...ement.html

Private Wealth Management

Ajudamos nossos clientes a atingir seus objetivos financeiros através de aconselhamento customizado, gestão ativa dos investimentos e acesso à plataforma global de serviços e idéias da Goldman Sachs.

Trabalhamos na gestão de fortunas de indivíduos e famílias, bem como suas fundações e holdings.

Ouvimos nossos clientes atentamente, para traçar seu perfil, necessidades, objetivos e prioridades. Isto feito, desenvolvemos em parceiria com o cliente estratégias holísticas para gestão dos investimentos.

Trabalhamos com nossos clientes para identificar oportunidades de investimentos, incluindo estratégias da Goldman Sachs ou desenvolvidas por parceiros externos rigorosamente selecionados. Estas estratégias são complementadas ainda por uma robusta plataforma de trading, execução e estruturação de operações.

Abordagem

Analisamos o perfil financeiro, objetivos de vida e apetite a risco. A partir daí desenvolvemos um plano de investimentos compatível com o perfil único de cada cliente.

Para implementação do plano de investmentos de cada cliente, usamos o capital intelectual da nossa divisão e a rede de relacionamentos da Goldman Sachs. O planejamento de cada cliente envolve uma alocação estratégica, complementada com ajustes táticos, executada por meio de uma ampla gama de instrumentos financeiros, dentre eles ativos de renda fixa, renda variável, fundos de investimentos, investimentos alternativos, dentre outros. Quando os objetivos de nossos cliente mudam, buscamos realinhar a gestão de seu patrimônio de forma a suprir as suas novas necessidades.

Para clientes interessados em trading, oferecemos uma plataforma de estruturação e execução abrangendo vários tipos de ativos, contando, inclusive, com uma estrutura global que permite aos nossos clientes acessar os mais importantes mercados ao redor do mundo.

À tudo isto, somam-se o serviço atento e o aconselhamento personalizado do Private Wealth Managment da Goldman Sachs.

Nossos colaboradores e o comprometimento com nossos clientes são a base do nosso negócio.

Nós selecionamos nossos profissionais de investimentos e os submetemos à um rigoroso processo de recrutamento. Uma vez admitidos na Goldman Sachs, esses profissionais começam um treinamento rigoroso, que se estende durante toda sua carreira. Mesmo profissionais com experiência prévia em outras instituições são submetidos a rigorosos treinamentos, de forma a suprir as altas expectativas de nossos clientes.

Reply to Simpleton

Goldman Sachs Moving Jobs to Brazil - Jun 28th 2011
http://jobs.aol.com/articles/2...singapore/

...The bank also announced plans to expand its Brazilian workforce by 20 percent in view of the South American country's boom.

Goldman has only been running a full-service bank in Brazil since 2009, and currently has 200 employees on hand. The growth will leave the number at roughly 300.

Body count
written by Simpleton, December 30, 2011
But Ricardo, really, if they've taken a shine to Brasil that speaks well of Brasil's eminent future and for that I am happy. They can't sell thier employees to pay claims, that would be akin to slavery which is tacitly illegal in Brasil. See what you can find for indications of what GS&PP have for hard assets in Brasil. A few buildings and rented offices here and there and the equipment in them does not add up to much in the way of pickings should someone be lucky enough to get the assets impounded by the Brasilian courts. Your suggestion that estrangeiros with claims against them should pursue that by sueing their Brasilian subsidiary is still absurd.
Reply to Simpleton
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, December 30, 2011

Ricardo: I don't know what to say to you in response to your last posting.

You seem to be completely clueless about the business of a "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People".

Right now "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" has a market cap of about US$ 46 billion dollars - and you think that valuation is based only in a few buildings that "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" owns, some furniture, and its 37,000 employees.

I even gave you the links to various "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" financials and you still have not grasped what I have been saying.

It is not an absurd idea just because you have no idea what I am talking about.

That was exactly what happened to us here in the United States when I was the Treasurer/Controller of Mesbla Trading.

I had an actual experience similar to what I am describing on my postings, and as soon we received the lawsuit papers the management of Mesbla in Brazil sent the order to close this subsidiary immediatelly, because of a potential US$ 100 million dollar claim against Mesbla here in the US courts.

We had 50 people in our office here in New Jersey, and we were doing business equivalent to US$ 100 million dollars in international trading.

By the end of the day Mesbla had received the lawsuit papers in our office in New Jersey, by the end of that day 30 employees had been laid off and in the following months the people who stayed behind were just working to close the business.

I was the last person to leave, when the lawyers made the final settlement in the same day I received a call to package all the files and send them to Brazil.

In the meantime Mesbla spent over US$ 6 million dollars in lawyers fees to fight that lawsuit.

And what made that case even more incredible is that Mesbla Trading was an independent subsidiary incorporated here in New Jersey. The Only connection that we had with Mesbla in Brazil is that they were the owners of the shares of Mesbla Trading.

Our subsidiary got sued for something that our office had absolutely nothing to do with.

Some US shoe company sold their shoes to a group of 12 companies in Brazil of which Mesbla was one of these companies. It was some kind of sindication for a total of US$ 50 million dollars (1986 amount) - and the deal went sour in Brazil and 11 of the companies filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy, and the only company left at the time was Mesbla which was a company with deep pockets.

When the US company hired their lawyers to go after Mesbla in Brazil, they found out that Mesbla had this subsidiary here in New Jersey. That's why they sued our company here in New Jersey even though we were not in the shoe business and the day the president of our company received the lawsuit papers that was the first time here learned of that shoe company.

Our subsidiary had absolutely nothing to do with that shoe business, and we had never heard of that company before.

Because Mesbla wanted to protect their assets they closed immediately our subsidiary and a promissing business died overnight and 50 people lost their jobs.

If they could do that to us, it would be a piece of cake to do the reverse to "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" in Brazil - in our case we were not even gilt of anything and we paid the price.

In the case of "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" they are as gilt as Bernie Madoff and they a long track record to prove that they have screwed a lot of people from around the world for a long time.

Correction

Ricardo: Please disregard the gramatical errors on above posting, I did not check it before I posted.

Obrigado
Ricardo, you have satisfied my concerns regarding the ultimate goal you had in mind of trying to sue those buggers via an attack on their Brasilian element. Your real goal was to find a means to get them the heck out of Brasil / get them shutdown in Brasil. Effecting recoveries for the injured parties wasn't what you had in mind at all.

I'm sure you understand that Market Cap has no bearing what so ever on what a company itself is worth (unless the company in one form or another is the beneficial owner or owners of a significant percentage of the outstanding shares which means they could get hurt bad when the investing public loses faith in them). Similarly, the value of the funds they manage for other parties is not something one can impound and ultimately take away from them - that's not their's either (but again, they may have a significant share of their own money wrapped up in joint company / external investment party's business concerns).

You say that the information I've asked you for (the actual monetary value of the Brasilian subsidiary - not their Market Cap or value of the funds they manage for others) is buried down in the financials. Again my challenge to you is to dig that out and tell us vs dancing around. It's much the same as you dodging on giving us Vale's actual value at the time of it's being sold to be compared to the dollar amount paid. You, Joao, (myself) and others have our personal opinons that the price was too low but no one has furnished substantive proof of what it's true value was way back then. Willing buyer + willing seller = fair deal at the negotiated price until proven otherwise.
Simpleton
written by João da Silva, December 30, 2011

You, Joao, (myself) and others have our personal opinons that the price was too low but no one has furnished substantive proof of what it's true value was way back then. Willing buyer + willing seller = fair deal at the negotiated price until proven otherwise.

Willing buyer + willing seller = fair deal at the negotiated price until proven otherwise.

Sorry Simp. I would rephrase your statement as below.

Greedy buyers + Few Eager beaver sellers= Underhand deal at prefixed prices.smilies/cool.gif

The book tries to explain how it was successfully accomplished.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

BTW, apart from reading this book on my computer, I am also reading another titled "QUEDA DE GIGANTES" by Ken Follet. I believe its original title in English is "FALL OF GIANTS". I suggest you read it too, if you get an opportunity.smilies/grin.gif
the life of titans
No problem with negative utopias Joao, especially age old classics. I was a serious student of these when I was young. Those and John Kenneth Galbraith's "Money: Whence it Came, Where it Went". Jacob Bronowski's "The Ascent of Man", et. al.. I actually have signed copies of each of those two if either you or Ricky were interested in persusing. Some things just don't change and if you don't see that and make best use of it . . .
Simpleton

Those and John Kenneth Galbraith's "Money: Whence it Came, Where it Went". Jacob Bronowski's "The Ascent of Man", et. al.. I actually have signed copies of each of those two if either you or Ricky were interested in persusing.

Thanks for offer of letting me peruse the books, Simp. I read Galbraith´s book a long time ago, though I have forgotten most of what he wrote. I am not acquainted with "The Ascent of Man". Who knows someday, I'll have the opportunity to "peruse" your copy.

Reply to Joao da Silva

Ricardo: Joao, you can see the series “The Ascent of Man” at:

Jacob Bronowski's - The Ascent of Man (1973)

01 OF 13 - The Ascent of Man: Lower Than the Angels - Jacob Bronowski BBC TV 1973

Time: 49 min.

02 OF 13 - The Ascent of Man: Harvest of the Seasons - Jacob Bronowski BBC TV 1973

Time: 49 min.

03 OF 13 - The Ascent of Man: The Grain in the Stone - Jacob Bronowski BBC TV 1973
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...ure=fvwrel

Time: 50 min.

You also can see the series based on John Kennth Galbraith's work at:

John Kenneth Galbraith's: The Rise & Fall of Money – Part 1 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnsi19pZ0zA

Time: 10 min.

Ricardo Amaral

Joao, you can see the series “The Ascent of Man” at:

Thanks Ricardo for the tip. I shall watch it on the YouTube.

As for your previous comments: Even though I knew from your previous posts that you worked for Mesbla, this is the first time you have narrated the whole story. I appreciate it. The "Shoe Business" is something I have been following for years. About 3 decades ago, the Americans came in a big way to four states in Brasil to buy leather goods( SP,PR,SC & RS). Because of the low cost of raw-material & labor. They did a good job setting standards and quality, bought them low and sold them high overseas.The Brasilian consumers got benefited too because of the standardization and quality.Unfortunately, the things changed and now we are exporting raw leather to PRC and importing finished goods! I am not sure if you remember my commenting a couple of years ago,that thousands of people lost their jobs which were exported to PRC. I think we learned from the Yanks as how to stimulate the economy of PRC at our cost. smilies/angry.gif

As for your comments re Goldman & S, I think both of you have reasons. I'd like to remind you both that I am more in favor of Brasil churning out VAP (Value Added Products) than commodity exporter or creating private monopolies by "corporate take overs". I think Adrianerik wrote something similar to what I am saying (if my memory doesn't fail).smilies/wink.gif
Memory failing
written by Simpleton, December 31, 2011
If the shoe fits Joao ... smilies/grin.gifsmilies/grin.gifsmilies/grin.gif

Big time tanneries (and the major polutants they used to dump directly into the rivers), shoe making and textile industries, although they still exist both in the US and Brasil, they just aren't what they used to be. With the increases in beef production in Brasil (for export to the Islamic countries vs feeding the poor), waste not / want not phylosophies will kick in - it is still an area of growth for "value added" business but maybe not for "finished products". (And no asp, I'm not looking for books bound in leather - there are better things . . .)

Please do take in JB's made for TV video series that Ricky has pointed the way to if you have the time. It might be quicker than reading the book. I did both.

Side note regarding the shoe business: What ever happen to Ana Paula Hubert? Did she go back to the family's shoe store or did she take Dominique with her and shack up with that professor she was so enthralled with?
Reply to Joao da Silva
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, December 31, 2011

Ricardo: Joao, when I was living in Sao Paulo, before I moved to the United States there were 3 very good shoemakers in Sao Paulo. I believe all 3 were Italian: Rocca, Spinelli, and Adriano.

I used to order my shoes from Rocca, since I liked the design of his shoes. I used to go to see Rocca, he would take the measurement of both feet, and about two weeks later I would stop by to pick up my new shoe.

Rocca was a first-class shoemaker.

Regarding the shoe business in Brazil, here is what I wrote on this subject about 6 years ago:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...post758897

...May 30, 2005

SouthAmerica: This is only one example that I gave to someone on the Charlie Rose message board about 3 years ago.

Here is another actual example of how Brazil can’t compete with China in manufacturing.

Brazil was a major producer of shoes in the 1960’s, 1970’s, and 1980’s. Brazil used to export a ton of shoes to the United States during that time. It was easy to find shoes made in Brazil on American department stores.

Most of that shoe production came from a town in the interior of the state of Sao Paulo from a city called Franca. They had over 30 shoe factories around Franca, employing over 150,000 people (I don’t remember the exact number of workers they had in the shoe industry around Franca, but it was a lot of people maybe close to 200,000 people) by the late 1980’s.

In the early 1990’s China decided to enter the shoe business to export to the United States. In a matter of 3 years most of the factories around Franca were put out of business by Chinese competition and over 120,000 workers lost their jobs overnight.

The Chinese did not only killed the shoe industry in that area, the closing of all these shoe factories had a major economic impact in the entire area.

The Chinese lowered the price so much that all the Brazilian factories had to close because they could not match the Chinese prices. The Chinese not only produced shoe; they produced shoes of excellent quality.

Believe what I am saying here, the Chinese are not producing junk today. They are producing stuff of high technology and excellent quality.

Reply to Joao da Silva
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, December 31, 2011

Joao da Silva: As for your comments re Goldman & S, I think both of you have reasons. I'd like to remind you both that I am more in favor of Brasil churning out VAP (Value Added Products) than commodity exporter or creating private monopolies by "corporate take overs".

Ricardo: Joao, I agree with you that Brazil should produce more VAP (Value Added Products), and need to move up the food chain.

Now regarding “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” - these people are predators, and scam artists.

This company is a parasite, and a cancer, and they produce a lot of garbage to sell to unsuspecting investors.

They are specialized in screwing people in every way possible not only in the United States, but around the world. Bernie Madoff was an amateur when compared with the “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” and their network of thieves.

Only fools still doing business with these crooks, but again a lot of very smart people lost a lot of money investing with Bernie Madoff, and it takes a long time for these fools to figure out that they are being taken to the cleaners. They still have their statements and still living in the world of the illusion that their money is safe until they wake up and it's too late...goodbye money!!!!!!

“Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” is running out of potential prey around the world, that is why Brazil is their next target and screw real good any fool in Brazil who decide to do business with these predators.

Whoever does business with “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” in Brazil shows that he is a fool, and he deserve to lose all his money.

Reply to Simpleton
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, January 01, 2012

Simpleton: “See what you can find for indications of what GS&PP have for hard assets in Brasil. A few buildings and rented offices here and there and the equipment in them does not add up to much in the way of pickings should someone be lucky enough to get the assets impounded by the Brasilian courts.”

Ricardo: Let me clarify a few items for you.

We had 4 people in our office the day Mesbla Trading got incorporated in 1984, and became a subsidiary of Mesbla from Brazil.

In late 1988 when we received the papers about that lawsuit we had a prosperous and great future ahead of us here in the USA – and at that point we had about 50 people in our office in New Jersey.

The senior management of Mesbla in Brazil, gave the immediate order to close this subsidiary to protect the Mesbla assets the best way they could.

The closing of our office had a big impact in the lives of 50 people (the people who worked on that subsidiary) even tough not a single person from that subsidiary was involved in any way in the deal that went sour between the US shoe manufacturer and the group of companies in Brazil that had bought their product.

We paid the price for other people's mistakes in Brazil.

As I mentioned to you, the lawsuit continued going through the court system here in the United States and also in Brazil and during that time I was paying the legal fees to the New York lawyers every few months, and these fees added over time to more than US$ 6 million dollars in legal fees.

Mesbla paid directly to the lawyers their final bill, after our office had been completely closed here in New Jersey. And I never found out what kind final settlement the lawyers were able to negotiate between the two parties.

My guess is that the final settlement were made in the millions of US dollars.

The actual lawsuit was for US$ 100 million dollars, and if the case went in from of a jury in court, that was the potential loss for Mesbla in court. (US$ 100 million dollars in 1988 money)

What I am trying to explain to you, is that at the end of the day, if all these people sue “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” in the Brazilian court, and they are able to win billions and billions of US dollars as a result of these lawsuits – Goldman Sachs would pay the settlements, because they have their brand name on the line.

The same way, Mesbla paid the settlement of that lawsuit to protect the brand name of Mesbla.

“Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” screwed many banks, pension funds, hedge funds in Europe that have deep pockets and they can afford to get together as a group and fight “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” with a mother of all lawsuits through the court system in Brazil – these people with deep pockets can afford the fight, and if they get together as a group, then they really can all the way with this fight and win in court in Brazil.

Some of the top law firms in Europe, can sue “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” on behalf of Greece, and other can sue on behalf of Libya, and other groups can get together and sue to recoup as much as they can from their losses from the sub-prime mess (crap) that “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” sold in Europe to unsuspecting investors as being the highest grade investments.

Suing “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” in Brazil could turn out to be a very good source of business to the top law firms in Europe and in Brazil – with the potential of these firms making a ton of money as a result of these lawsuits.

Remember this is a corporation that has US$ 10 billion dollars available to pay for compensation and bonuses for its executives in 2011; as if that kind of money was petty cash.

As you can see “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” is a corporation that has billions and billions of US dollars available to pay as settlement to their victims when they lose the lawsuits in court in Brazil.

Economic Forecast for US Economy for 2012 and Beyond
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, January 03, 2012

Ricardo: Economic Forecast for U.S. Economy for 2012 and Beyond
http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...did=233861

A reality check for the USA and Israel regarding Iran.
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, January 03, 2012

Ricardo: A reality check for the USA and Israel regarding Iran.

Faking It: How the Media Manipulates the World into War – January 1, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4P2O8UjQeU

'War is hell: Iran far stronger than US would like to admit' – January 2, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m5HRO9VfX4

Chossudovsky: US will start WW3 by attacking Iran – January 1, 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VlImP1i1G0

Iran threatens U.S. Navy as sanctions hit economy - January 3, 2012

http://news.yahoo.com/iran-thr...24042.html

Ricardo Amaral
written by João da Silva, January 04, 2012

Here is an interesting article:

http://economia.estadao.com.br...8237,0.htm

Happy New Year to all
Reply to Joao da Silva
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, January 05, 2012

Ricardo: Happy New Year to all readers of Brazzil.

Joao, 2012 it will a disaster for everybody...tighten your seatbelt and enjoy the roller coaster ride...

If you thought 2008 was a rough year, then just wait for what is coming in 2012.

Hit TV comedy series “Israel and the USA are going to attack Iran...”
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, January 06, 2012

Ricardo: Here is another episode of our hit TV comedy series “Israel and the USA are going to attack Iran...”

January 6, 2012

SouthAmerica: It seems to me that they are re-running some old episodes of the hit TV comedy series “Israel and the USA are going to attack Iran...”

Iran escalates the rhetoric and they can laugh all the way to the bank to the tune of many extra billions in oil revenues. And as the entire world watches the price of oil skyrocketing in global markets...

The fools from Israel and the United States fall for the old routine every time.

Forget the new sanctions, South Korea, China, Brazil and many other countries still be doing business with Iran.

It's laughable that the mainstream media after all this time still are taking seriously our hit TV comedy series “Israel and the USA are going to attack Iran...”

Hah, hah, hah.....

You can watch the entire episode at:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...enumber=58

Gerald Celente gives an excellent analysis of the collapsing global economy
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, January 07, 2012

Ricardo: I just posted this info at the Elite Trader Economics forum:

January 7, 2012

SouthAmerica: If you have some time to figure out what is going on regarding the global economy, then it is worth for you to listen to this interview with Gerald Celente - he gives an excellent analysis of the collapsing global economy.

Gerald Celente - Coast to Coast AM - 05 January 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v_8vuTGl0M

We have reached the end of the line for the old United States
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, January 08, 2012

Ricardo: Joao, I never thought I would see the end of the United States as a country that people admired around the world.

Today, that country it does not exist anymore. Here is why:

Central Banks and the US Dollar
http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...ost3408152

January 8, 2012

SouthAmerica: Since January 1, 2012 the United States has become officially a "police state."

This event will have a massive financial and economic impact in the US economy in 2012 and future years.

That's the end of the United States as the country that people knew for over 200 years.

Similar to the collapse of the Soviet Union and its transition to the new Russia that we have today - The old United States will go through a period of transition to its new form as a new country. but I have no idea how this new country works since it seems to me that the US Constitution and Bill of Rights is being voided almost overnight - Under the new system I have no idea what kind of laws apply to the United States and its citizens.

To take such a drastic action against the US Constitution and Bill of Rights - the only way I can understand these actions is because the US government is reacting and is in total Panic about the implosion that is underway of the US financial and economic system.

Since the old United States does not exist anymore, I wonder what is ahead of us and how this new economic and social system is supposed to work?

Now that the US Constitution and Bill of Rights no longer protect the American citizens, common sense tells me that their assets also is no longer protect by the law.

The big question for most Americans is: what kind of window most Americans have to move their assets out of the United States, before they confiscate your assets?

But again, with such a turmoil around the world, where your assets are secure?

I had no idea that 2011 was the last year of the old United States, and that on January 1, 2012 we would have a new America under a new set of rules.

I wonder who is in charge and who makes the decisions for now on....?

I am sorry to see the sudden death of the "US Constitution and Bill of Rights" - I thought Americans would do anything to preserve and keep alive such a great document that represents the soul of the United States.

By the way, this drastic change in the rules of the United States has an astronomical implication regarding the US dollar.

I wrote the following on the ET forum about a month ago:

December 9, 2011

SouthAmerica: I wrote the following in August 2002 regarding the U.S. Constitution.

The U.S. Constitution is what makes the difference between the United States and everybody else.

The day the U.S. Constitution dies, that signals the end of the United States.

Brazzil Magazine – August 2002
"Brazil and the Bully”
Written by Ricardo C. Amaral
http://brazilandthebully.blogs...bully.html

...The Constitution of the United States with its Bill of Rights served well the needs of the American people for the last 215 years. This US Constitution was one of the greatest documents in world history. I am sorry to see the American people allowing the destruction of such a great document in the name of fighting terrorism.

Benjamin Franklin, one of the founding fathers of the US nation, once said: "Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety". Since September 11, 2001 the US government took many measures—including the US Patriot Act and the formation of the Homeland Security with its special powers, which overrule the US Constitution and The Bill of Rights. I hate to see the United States becoming a totalitarian state with the blessing of the American people.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...ost3383405

Banking system crisis-On the Edge with Max Keiser-01-06-2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUiLTdjWlI0

At minute 15 of this video Dr. Roberts say that the US has become a "police state."

In this edition of the show Max interviews Paul Craig Roberts, Economist &Author.

He talks about the rampant and increasingly blatant banking frauds in the US and around the world.

Paul Craig Roberts is an economist and a columnist for Creators Syndicate. He served as an Assistant Secretary of the Treasury in the Reagan Administration earning fame as a co-founder of Reaganomics.

Note:

Police state
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_state

Signed into law by President Barack Obama on December 31, 2011, the National_Defense_Authorization_Act_for_Fiscal_Year_2012
allows the military to operate within US borders and to indefinitely detain US citizens without due process or probable cause.

National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ ...Year_2012

Last One Out Turn The Lights Off !!!!!!!
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, January 10, 2012

January 10, 2012

Ricardo: It seems to me that the foreign media such as Russia Today, it has caught on and grasped what I am trying to say on my above posting.

Capital Account: Gonzalo Lira tells us how Americans are Escaping from the USA (01/09/12)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tFt8GxBXdA

Please don't hold your breath if you are waiting for the US mainstream media to bring these issues to your attention.

The US mainstream media news today turn everything into show biz and entertainment, and they don't cover anything with substance.

Last One Out Turn The Lights Off !!!!!!!

Write comment

security code
Write the displayed characters

busy

Joomla 1.5 Templates by Joomlashack