Back to our cover

Brazzil Forum [ return ]
FromMessage
Filho

2/09/2003
12:18:46
Subject: Brazils Future
IP: Logged

Where is Brazil going? With any type of relationship, its said that one is either contributing or contaminating, so which is it Brazil? You cant have a great country with all this corruption, which seems to be a two way street. Your people arent paid shit, which leaves them all poor...and why are they poor? Cuz your real is barely worth a penny. The size of the U.S (minus Hawaii) is the same as the size of Brazil, c'mon, you must know youre lagging. I like you, but you need to get your shit straight. I'd bet that you couldnt even defend yourselves in a war..which seems to be where this world is headed. Youre only as good as your weakest link, so what does it say when all of your "links" are old, rusted, and ready for the dump? You can be great, but Im startin to lose hope. Aside from winning the world cup, youre not even important enough to be in the news...Im sorry to say, its looking to me like youre not gonna change, you need something/someone radical to come forth, but Im not seein it. Come to the US, yeah you will prob. get jobs in the second sector, but minimum wage here is almost more than your top earners make. Swallow your pride, the one that says youre gonna make it. Get real, its been 500 years to get you where you are. The tortious and the hare, except the tortious wins and the hare got stuck in a pothole.

Fernando B
 Email

2/10/2003
12:54:57
RE: Brazils Future

Hey Nostradamus! are you Brazilian or gringo? If Brazilian you need to study more about our History and Geography too, if Gringo go leave your secured and boring life, we donít need your sorrow. Our brightest are teaching in your Universities and working in your technology sector. People working in your second sector, as you mentioned are illegal here. To be in the news as you guys are, no thanks, we pass!
This 500 years is B. S, Brazil only start being a real Country in 1989, our Republic started in 1889 (Republic proclaimed in November 15, 1888), and did not started well. So less than 114 years of Republic, with lots of internal problems since the beginning.

Filho

2/10/2003
19:43:20

I am a gringo and I think Brazil needs a kick in the ass. I think the people are being held back from making the country great. Not saying its their faults that they are poor, but some guys are for sure putting this money in their own pockets. Yeah, I dont know if you need my sorrow either, but you need something. Drop your way of doing and thinking, its easy to see its not working, its getting you nowhere fast. Step out of the crib, play with the big boys. The US is a know-how kind of place, Brazil is a know-who. We rely on ourselves to get things done, you rely on who you know. Your oppurtunities are taken, while ours can be taken. The US is here because we have this choice, someone (people in authority) has taken this same choice from you...until you find a way to take this back, you'll run in circles

Jay

2/11/2003
10:05:13

Brasil, O Brasil, ja' voce e' muito fino, muito bom, nao cambia nada pelo esses gringos. Terei o Brasil alguma vez.

As cidades, as praias, os gentes, as mantanhas, os rios, as fazendas, a economia, os politicos, as familias, as mulheres, os homens, o rapaz, as as criancas, o futebol, o Lula, as bahias, o Nordeste, o Sul, o interior, Amazonas, Pantanal, Bossa Nova, Samba, Carnaval, Ano Novo, a musica, a voz de portuguese, o povo, a tanga, Ouro Preto, Igreja da Gloria, Rio, Guanabara, Sao Paulo, Rio Negro, Paraty, A Pousada Quiosque Internacional, Ilhas Tropicais, Buzio, Saquerama, Maceio, Natal, Olinda, Fortaleza, Corcovado, Pau de Acucar, Carrinhos, churrascarias, os predios velhos, Copa e Leme, Ipa e Leblon, Santa Catarina, o cachaca, caipirinha, caporeia, dancando, Sobre das Ondas, e o vizinho dele durante a noite tudo, cafe da manha na Ave. Atlantica, compras da Rua Nossa Senhora de Copacabana, o meu apto. da Rua Barrato Ribeiro, e o meu Hotel Miramar na praia da Copa e Rua Sa' Fereira...e o que mais voce fala? So' um pouco comida pra o povo que nao tem muita...e muito mais...e as saudades...e nada mais...porque o Brasil e' O Brasil...Oba ! ! !

Filho

2/11/2003
12:19:45

I dont disagree with you....but the general make up of a good and just system is still lacking.

fernandobn
 Email

2/11/2003
12:57:50

It is very easy to talk about what we need to do, but isn't that simple! You guys have a lot of good things and bad things as anybody else, but doesn't mean that what is good for US is good to Brazil! Got it! We have our own pace to do things to solve our problems, sometimes I agree that could be faster, but this is my opinion! You guys use a lot of propaganda in your country about how great you guys are! But is not all that true! We've been bombarded with your culture for long time and I think, now is time to Brazil to do their own thing. We will be always a concern to US, because we are the stronger country in South America! believe you or not. Till WWII Brazil culturaly had more to do with Europe than US, more specifically with France. Brazil only start to get some shape in 1930's very different from US. So little more than 73 years with 20 years of military government and 14 years of dictatorship. We gonna solve our problems by ourselves with our own pace. You are very prepotent trying to compare Brazil with US, is the same to compare Bananas with apples!

fernandobn
 Email

2/11/2003
12:58:32

It is very easy to talk about what we need to do, but isn't that simple! You guys have a lot of good things and bad things as anybody else, but doesn't mean that what is good for US is good to Brazil! Got it! We have our own pace to do things to solve our problems, sometimes I agree that could be faster, but this is my opinion! You guys use a lot of propaganda in your country about how great you guys are! But is not all that true! We've been bombarded with your culture for long time and I think, now is time to Brazil to do their own thing. We will be always a concern to US, because we are the stronger country in South America! believe you or not. Till WWII Brazil culturaly had more to do with Europe than US, more specifically with France. Brazil only start to get some shape in 1930's very different from US. So little more than 73 years with 20 years of military government and 14 years of dictatorship. We gonna solve our problems by ourselves with our own pace. You are very prepotent trying to compare Brazil with US, is the same to compare Bananas with apples!

Filho

2/11/2003
15:41:47

Yes, we (the E.U.) found something that works for us. I wish Brazil would find what works for them. Do you agree that the current system is in need of a lot of change? Would of, could of, should of..enough excuses, lets see some action.

fernando B
 Email

2/11/2003
17:54:19

I agree with you, we need a lot of changes! Maybe, I do not know, but our new president can start this process of changing, re-structuring, rebuilding as he has all the support from the Brazilian people. I can't say that since I left Brazil five years ago to work in US, the people were already talking about the problems that we have and the approach to solve the problems. People start to exercise democracy only a decade ago! So everything is new, so much to be done. Maybe starting by reducing the administrative machine and changing the labor laws. I agree that we cannot afford to waste more time, and certainly go against a lot of institutions stablished there.

rationalist

2/12/2003
04:58:03

If you tell an US American that you hate them and their country, they incorrectly construe this to mean that you secretly admire them. So now you know the meaning of all this "we love america hype" that these US Americans spew-out. It is correct to contrue using their own wisdom, that they secretly hate themselves and their country.
So you see the world is in total agreement.

Filho

2/12/2003
09:59:15

While your idea which you introduce in the beginning and make it come together at the end (the mark of a good writer), is cute, its not based in fact. Most people love their country, but this doesnt mean they love their politicians agendas(waging war with other countries, creating an economic slup, drilling for oil in alaska, and wanting the rich to get richer). I love the oppurtunity, the free thought, the right to choose, the diversity..all the things that war threatens to take away. Without these things, Id just assume move to Canada.

P 1

Back to our cover