Son Abducted by Mother to Brazil Can't See US Father Even After Mother's Death

Sean Goldman with father On June 16, 2004 David Goldman said goodbye to his son, Sean, at Newark Airport, in Newark, New Jersey. He didn't know it at the time but his wife, Bruna, was in the process of abducting Sean and taking him to Brazil with no intention of ever returning.  In the United States and under international law, this is called kidnapping.

Brazil is a participating member in an international agreement known as the Hague Treaty, which deals with several issues related to international child custody including custodial kidnapping.  As per this treaty, Sean should have been returned to the United States for a hearing to determine a custodial agreement.

Instead, Sean's mother retained Brazilian lawyers who successfully sought a Brazilian custodial award for the mother simply on the basis that Brazilian law favors the mother.  This was accomplished in spite of the Brazilian Central Authorities stated position that Sean should be returned to the United States.

The case took a bizarre turn when Bruna Goldman divorced David in Brazilian court and preceded to marry her lawyer, João Paulo Lins e Silva, and expert in international family law, including child custody cases. Soon after, Bruna died suddenly during child birth.

Upon hearing of Bruna's passing, David Goldman immediately flew to Brazil to seek custody of Sean.  Much to his surprise, "temporary" custody was awarded to Lins e Silva on the basis that during this difficult time, the child needed his familiar surroundings. No mind that these surroundings were familiar because of the fact that he had been illegally kept there for nearly two years.

For four years, David Goldman has fought a desperate and expensive legal battle for custody of his son, first against the mother Bruna and now against João Paulo Lins e Silva and his father, Paulo Lins e Silva, an internationally known lawyer.  During that time he has never been permitted to see Sean.

This legal battle has generated several acts on the part of the Lins e Silva's. They have delayed at every possible step.  They have fought to have all information pertaining to this case banned from Brazilian media. They have defied Federal Judiciary visitation orders. They have counter sued David Goldman, claiming that his public interviews have damaged their international reputations.

David Goldman's friends have created a website that publishes news and history of this tragic story. There are also email addresses and contacts of people who need to be constantly reminded that this situation must end for the sake of this child and his father. 

People are invited to visit http://BringSeanHome.org and see what they can do to help.

Stephen Wash is a friend of David Goldman and can be reached at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.">This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Comments   

0 #24 Joao Paulo Lins e SilvaAtlatwill 2009-12-24 13:52
Joao Paulo Lins e Silva should absolutely sent straight to hell!!!
0 #23 I Agree and I'm An American! Sparkle 2009-06-15 15:51
written by Sparkle, June 14, 2009

I agree with you Marcelo!! Many Americans are hightailing it out of the country while singing the good ole praises of the US. Yet many can't wait to get the hell out. Northern California looks like Beirut with the mentally ill parading the streets in old dirty blankets because the heartless American system of capiitalism will not finance their stay in a mental hospital. America is the ONLY industrialized country in the world where you have many homeless and sick because the bigwig capitalists here don't want a universal healthcare system. Many Americans lose their homes because they can't pay medical bills and this is where the wolves of capitalism come in. They can collect a free house, resell it and make big bucks. If the US had healthcare like other nations they could not benefit off the misery of those in foreclosure.

Also Americans are hypocrites. I am an American but honest enough to admit this is not the land of golden opportunities. American men are flocking to Brazil in droves to get away from us "big, fat, ugly, loudmouthed" American women. Do you really want to live in a nation where most people are fat, ugly and badtempered? Americans don't even want to screw each other. They would rather flock to Brazil and Asia to engage in sex with beautiful goodtempered persons unlike themselves.

All over the US people are falling out over the economy and eating themselves even fatter and uglier. As soon as I can scrape up the money I too will be purcashing a permanent visa to Brazil. I've had it with the fat, ugly Americans and their constant whining and bitching. I say let the boy stay in Brazil because in a few years when he is a grown man he will be among the scores of American men hightailig it to Brazil to meet and marry a beautiful Brazilian woman (like his mother) to get away from these f-cked people here.
0 #22 Answer to....jaci 2009-06-15 09:14
continued from above....

I just realised that I made some English mistakes above ...sorry about that but I am not only a manipulating sex- beast Brazilian woman that use poor men to obtain what I want but I am as well a human being that even though speaks five languages fluently some time mistakes!!!
0 #21 Brazilian women answer to Adrian Platajaci 2009-06-15 08:45
First of all I what to send my sympathy to David Goldman for all he is going through .I can only imagine what must like to lose someone you love and not be able to have it back and how frustrated he must feel. I am Swiss-Brazilian who before had to deal with Brazilian low and I know how hard must be for him to deal with the bureaucratic Brazilian low but to everyone that does think like our,I loved a Brazilian girl but my love was not corresponded that is why I hate Brazilian women, friend above ; in Brazil we have as well lows that must be respected despite of “we do what feels good attitude”.

I am sick and tired of these sexually deprived men and jealous suppressed women who speak ill of us Brazilians only because they cannot bear our natural sex appeal, freedom and self confidence to do what we want without hypothetically hiding it.

My massage to you is LET YOUR SELF GO ....translated in Portuguese RELAXA E GOZA
0 #20 Adrian Plata 2009-05-05 15:20
continued from above....

You see... someone needs to point out where all this comes from, I mean, what is happening with Sean Goldman...: A Prominant Lawyer from Rio, Family Law Lawyer no less, falls in love ( or likes having sex with ) a Brazilian woman who came to the US, got married got pregnant becuase she could not stand the crime ridden city she lived in and decided that she wanted to go back when she found that in the US, sacrifice and hard work is what gets you forward... she went back to Brazil, justifying to herself and her family that she was "abused" because she was forced to "work" and "sacrifice" and because here in the US (Less so in the Garden State that is full of the descentants of the immigrants who landed on Ellis Island and have a Work Ethic made of Steel!) we don't have maids because it's not OK to exploit our lower class by paying them $100/month. So she goes back to Brazil and again, does what feels good, regardless of the pain that taking her child may have on her father...... or on her child for that matter! Then she uses what God gave her to influence the Lawyer to fall for her sex, so he would defend her.... what a love story that was. They you have the lawyer who for sex, and the feel good mentality, pulls his corruption strings to obtain what the comen hobbing his nob asks him to do.... Then the judges and everyone else involved is happy receiving cash or political favors to help out someone of the "Verde e Amarella" or another Brazilian....

The whole story makes me wanna throw up.

You Brazilian women (or men for that matter) supporting this woman and her F***** up lawyer need to realize a few things:
There is such a thing as divine justice and Karma; Good does eventually win.... All the pain and suffering that this lawyer is imposing on the father AND HIS CHILD will not go unpaid for. He will pay, the world has a way of biting you in the ass for all the thing you do wrong to others. That saying in the Bible " Do unto others......" does seem to have some veracity to it, after all it is in one of the worlds oldest books. ...... I am sure you Brazilians have read it, you are such devout Catholics.....
It seems like too much of a coincidence to me that a mother:
that abducts her son from his father,
then gives up the "putty" to one of the most prominent Family Law Lawyer in the country
to make him fall for her and defend her case
to take away her son from his father, his Dad, the one who is going to teach him how to kick a ball....
and makes the father go through a hell on earth just to see his son...
Then dies in Childbirth ...by accident?..

This only confirms to me that there is a God and he is watching and ....if I were Mr. Family Law Lawyer from Rio de Janeiro I would be more respectfull of the forces that be, and would really put that "feel good " attitude on hold....

Karma anyone?
0 #19 Brazil is the best place to live????? Adrian Plata 2009-05-05 15:19
LIving in Miami you meet endless cases of Brazilian women who come here, get pregnant and do it for the papers, divorce, stay here for a while, then try to leave with the children. It is common knowledge that Brazilian women (sorry for generalizing girls) are very sexually liberated and understand that they can use this to get the things they want. Case in point, Bruna, Mr' Goldman's ex wife. Do you think it is a coincidence that she so called "fell in love" with a wealth Brazilian Family Law Lawyer? Do you see no relation to the protection she was trying to get from him and the way she went about securing it? Brazilian women utilize the oldest profession on the glober to obtain the things they cannot get otherwise. Anyone denying it (usually the Brazilian women themeselves) has a tough time proving otherwise. Any man going out at night can attest to the fact of how easy it is to get these women in bed.... sexually they are much more liberal than people in any of the cultures in North and South America. This brings about an attitude of, if it feels good , then do it..... which in turn is reflected in their society and in the way they deal with problems outside their country. Is there anyone who thinks Brazilian women are prudes? Come on guys raise your hands.....

Then you have the Brazilians who support the cause of this new lawyer fellow simply bc he is Brazilian, to them it's like rooting for the national soccer team or something.... like i said, if it feels good, then do it. This is a society which denies doing what is painfully right, because it is not socially accepted to go through sacrifice and hardship to obtian a worthwhile end result, it is more acceptable to have fun, live life, no worries, don't save, don't work hard, just enjoy yourself...... even if it is at the cost of another person.... that's where their conflict with the rest of the world comes in, this is why their society is as it is. Corruption in the political spheres runs rampant... it is the "Viva Eu" mentality, which in turn is supported by the "feel good" theory. See where I am going with all this? Does anyone know where Brazil stands in a ranking of Corruption? Do your homework kids... .

You see, a country that takes a month and half off every year has to have some sort of carry cost for having these values embeded in their society. The beautiful thing we outsiders see who travel to Brazil for carnival is great opportunity to have wild sex with liberal women who flaunt thier bodies in the street naked.... Carnival anyone?

For those who say Brazil is the best place to live, I ask you, how many times have you been assaulted in the street? How many people do you know that have been assaulted? Can you walk in the street without fear that you are going to be murdured for your watch? Do you fear your children could be kidnapped at any time? Have you ever thought of coming to the US and getting pregnant so you could stay???? Answer honestly now... I can introduce you to a slew of Brazilian women who have.....

For those who say Brazil is a country growing economically far beyond what other countries are in the region or outside the region for that matter: I ask you, do you really think it is because of your ethic to work hard, sacrifice to produce more than what you spend? Or is it because you live in a country that is blessed with natural resources to no end, in a time wehre natural resources are highly in demand bc there are more Asians in the world who want to eat? Again, answer honestly...
0 #18 Erna 2009-02-08 16:20
There are many such stories. My grandson is one. Brazilian mother with a Brazilian boyfriend that abuses my little grandson and my son has no way of taking him out of harms way. My heart aces every day for my little grandson and watching my son agonize over his inability to do anything. The mothers extended family is now trying to take my grandson away from her,they stand a better chance that his own father, he has no rights in the eyes of Brazilian courts. But we dont have much hope that the court will take the mothers cousterdy away and award my son any rights to his son. My grandson has a US passport but it makes no diffrence.
The childrean much suffer because of injust justice systems.
Broken hearted grandmother
0 #17 Response to some of the FALSE speculation going onJean 2009-02-01 20:48
If there was ANY slight chance that there was any abuse going on between David and Bruna, she would have stated so when she was far away from him in Brazil, with the best lawyers in the country protecting her and the courts already on her side (in BOTH the United States and Brazil, we all know family courts always give the initial advantage to the mother when it comes to custody of a child). The court documents have been publicized and there is absolutely not even one instance where Bruna even hints that David was abusing her, so that is just out of the question. If that was the case that would have been the first thing her lawyers would have used to easily have all ties severed with David.

In response to "momoftwo": to say anyone who has a child with a Brazilian woman should expect them to go back to Brazil one day with the children is just ludicrous! As a responsible wife and mother, Bruna should have been HONEST and UPFRONT about her desires to move the family if she wished to do so. No parent should have to "follow" the other to any country to have to see their children. This goes for mothers, fathers, Americans, Brazilians, Italians, Puerto Ricans, Indians, etc. If a child is conceived, born and raised happily for four years in one place, NO ONE has the right to remove them without consulting the other parent. As for this particular case, I know for a fact David has spent over $350,000 in the past four years on legal fees and travel to Brazil for every single court hearing and opportunity to speak with consulate or anyone who was willing to help. The man has tapped into every resource he has to travel to Brazil and see his son.

The mother is the one who acted immaturely and created a terrible situation for many people. It was irresponsible for Bruna to do that to her son. Plain and simple. She placed him in a negative situation and neither Sean nor David deserve to be punished for her selfishness. I have a child myself and I would NEVER think of uprooting them from their father, grandparents, school and friends because I missed home. She should have thought of that before she settled in the U.S. and if it really became too much for her, she should have tried to work something out with her husband before fleeing to Brazil. I am no longer in a relationship with my child's father and I do have reason to basically hate him, but as a father he is loving and a part of my daughter's life. I would never think of cutting off their relationship because of my own personal ill feelings towards him. A child's relationship with their natural father is just as important as a mother's and I have no respect for ANY parent who puts any of their own desires before the welfare of their child and the most important thing for a healthy child is to have a strong relationship with BOTH of their natural parents. This woman put her own wishes first, instead of trying to come to a resolution that would make everyone happy and keep her child's life steady.
0 #16 Rios not that great just cuz brazil is" improving"am 2009-01-31 18:55
Her name was bianchi, shes an italobrazilian. Brazil is the most italian country in numbers after italy.

OB Ive been to Brazil and the economy is not that great. They sold expensive oil. Big deal! the world economy is melting down and brazil isnt protected because it exports energy and food to it. The rich people in Rio don't have it that great its not all glamor. They have armed guards everywhere. Its a great economy for brunas family but they have bodyguards and fences.
0 #15 NaAnon 2009-01-31 15:41
After seeing this story again for the second time, I'm beyond outraged! I just wish for David Goldman we all could do something to help him get his son back. I can't believe America is letting this injustice take place!

Add comment

Security code
Refresh

Who's Online

We have 7059 guests and no members online

Statistics

Users
Articles
Articles View Hits

----------

cheap cocktail dresses

----------

Brazilian Male Enhancement Review at Breastsenlargementreview.com

----------

Brazilian Breasts Enlargement Cream

----------

Brazilian Top Breast Enlargement Reviews

----------

Brazilian Male Enhancement Pills at Breastsenlargementguide.com

----------

bruidsmeisjes jurken

----------

vestidos de noche

----------

ballkleider

----------

Cheap Prom Dresses

----------

Churrasco Equipment and Brazilian Meat Skewers

----------

Vestidos Noiva em Weddingmart.pt

----------

Australia Fashion Online Outlet store

----------

Robe de cocktail

----------

Our good partner Everbuying.com provides wide selections of products at best price for worldwide free shipping.

----------

Cheap Dre Beats

----------

Buy Cheap Nike Mercurial Soccer Cleats from MercurialCity now!

----------

Shopping Reviews

----------

----------

robe de cocktail

----------

Cheap Wedding Dresses

----------

bruidsjurken

----------

Find Me Handbags

----------