----------

Search

Custom Search
Members : 23176
Content : 3845
Content View Hits : 34513597

Who's Online

We have 555 guests online

Brazil Can't Become World Player Sitting on the Fence While World Clamors Against Syrian Regime PDF Print E-mail
2012 - February 2012
Written by Alex Gibson   
Thursday, 09 February 2012 03:07

Brazil at UNAmidst the clamor of international outrage in the wake of the failed United Nations Security Council vote for regime change in Syria, Brazil has remained conspicuously silent. While the United States closed its embassy in Damascus, and while the UN secretary general, Ban Ki-moon, called the vote "a great disappointment," the dominant economic and political force in Latin America was not inclined to take action.

Aspirations for a permanent spot on the UN Security Council are keeping Brazil from taking a bold and assertive stance on human rights and democracy in the Middle East. Commercial concerns with China and Iran, both key trading allies with Brazil who oppose intervention with Syria, are of course also on the minds of the Brazilian leadership.

But if the country wants to become a major international player, it must take a broader and more generous view when it comes to the Arab Spring. In short, Brazil needs to denounce President Bashar al-Assad's regime, and to join the international call for its immediate removal.

Although Brazil has held only a temporary position on the UN Security council, with its most recent rotation ending in 2011, it is vying for a permanent seat, and playing the long ball to get it. Until now, it has tried to please the chief Western powers, as well as other major players like China and Russia.

"Brazil wants a permanent seat on the UN Security Council and any 'loyalties' must be seen against this backdrop of global promotion by showing pragmatism," Professor Rafael Pons Reis told the Rio Times. "Brazil will defend its national interests on the international scene, without jeopardizing its economic development."

A "pragmatic" sense of "global promotion" has been Brazil's predominant tack regarding the Arab Spring since it began last winter.

In a subtle effort to elbow out India and South Africa from the pool of eligible contenders for a permanent UN Security Council post, Brazil has made its biggest waves by saying nothing.

Last October, it abstained from a vote in the Council to condemn a series of brutal actions committed by President Assad's regime. But with China and Russia's stunning refusal to act in the wake of the escalating atrocities committed by Assad against his own people, Brazil is no longer in a position to please all major international players.

By continuing to pursue a universally unpopular diplomatic position, it may fast isolate its political benefactors in the international community. A nation that sits comfortably on the fence while the world clamors for intervention will never be seen as a compelling world player.

"By abstaining, (Brazil, India, and South Africa) have not only failed the Syrian people, but have also failed to offer a credible alternative to end the bloodshed," the UN director of Human Rights Watch told the Christian Science Monitor. "This vote erodes their credibility in the global arena and might come to define their tenure in the Security Council and undermine their claim to permanent membership."

If an unsustainable international strategy is not enough of an incentive for Brazil to find its voice, its own recent history of authoritarian rule should compel it to act against modern-day instances of state terror.

From 1964-1985, thousands of Brazilians were imprisoned, tortured, or murdered by the military dictatorship. Brazil is no stranger to repressive rule.

Russia justified its veto of the Council resolution by stating that it "did not place sufficient blame for the violence on the opposition."

To claim that the regime and the opposition are equally responsible for the brutality crippling Syria is a form of denial that an increasingly authoritarian state like Russia might be able to stomach.

Brazil, however, certainly cannot. It is time for the shining light of South America to live up to its growing international reputation and join the call for the immediate removal of the Assad regime.

This analysis was prepared by Alex Gibson, Research Associate at the Council on Hemispheric Affairs.

Add this page to your favorite Social Bookmarking websites
Reddit! Del.icio.us! Mixx! Free and Open Source Software News Google! Live! Facebook! StumbleUpon! TwitThis Joomla Free PHP
Comments (93)Add Comment
@ alex
written by wisemann, February 09, 2012
Here we go again - hypocritical warped criminal anglo-zionist preachings from the north!
written by nicholas (usa_male), February 09, 2012
I'll keep plain and simple.

It's time to call those people like Alex Gibson what they truly are. Scumbags.

Scumbags like Alex Gibson, researcher associate at the Council on Hemispheric Affairs is a scumbag for misleading/lying why they want a war with Syria. He's a scumbag for lying that he's so concerned about human rights in syria while supporting the rebels who are Al Ciaeda. Alex Gibson is a scumbag for supporting the NDAA that violates the human rights in the United States in the name of "security".

Mr Gibson is a scumbag and believes we all here are a bunch of fools of believing the propaganda to suck us all in a war to forget the problems at home. They all tried it with Lybia, they failed because the people are awaken so are in other nations.

If you don't support the US, you are against them. remember that.

"Brazil, however, certainly cannot. It is time for the shining light of South America to live up to its growing international reputation and join the call for the immediate removal of the Assad regime."

Brazil can and should mind it's own business. Brazil is doing the right thing because they are aware of the lies from Nato, who the so called "protesters/rebels" and what the true agenda is. Chaos.

The good news is, when people like Mr Alex Gibson ( he won't admit) are desperate and witness that their plan doesn't work, they will do everything to bash or suck up to other nations, like Brazil, who do not support the broad agenda. The more people like Mr Alex Gibson are desperate/ show their hypocracy, the better. They are losing it.

Scumbags like Mr Alex Gibson are proud and is begging for the usual virtual trolls to bash everybody here who calls Mr Alex Gibson at his true face: hypocritical warped criminal anglo-zionist or simply a Scumbag.

I'm looking forward to read here from those trolls, because they will make my point.

smilies/grin.gif
offensive language
written by ray nowak, February 09, 2012
I would love to see a rational discussion citing facts & addressing questions with some common respect. I wonder if any of these- hate the gringos- people ever heard of the MONROE DOCTRINE to which most latin american countries were guaranteed their independence by the U.S...Thanks for reading ..
"I wonder if any of these- hate the gringos- people ever heard of the MONROE DOCTRINE to which most latin american countries were guaranteed their independence by the U.S...Thanks for reading .."

"Hate the gringoes"

Begin to learn what Gringoes in Brazil means. It means foreigner. I am a foreigner in the US who bashes US hypocracy.

Monroe doctrine is not created, by the US and GREAT BRITAIN, to guarntee latin american nations their independence. Ignorants/kool-aid drinkers believe they understand it is. It's nothing more than a stealth policy to justify U.S. intervention in the nations of Latin America. I hope you learned something you moron (troll nowak), and you're welcome for the info.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Munroe+Doctrine
written by João da Silva, February 09, 2012

It's time to call those people like Alex Gibson what they truly are. Scumbags.

I wouldn't use such strong language, Nick.smilies/grin.gif They are just "laranjas", like Max Bueno who are told what to write by their "puppet masters". Just like the Anchorpersons of the TV networks. Unless they obey the orders, they get pink slips and disappear into oblivion.smilies/sad.gif

On a serious note: I agree with you about the Brasilian stance on Syria (also other countries in the ME). China, Russia & India do not receive such flak like we & the South Africans receive for being "neutral". If you recall, we got scolded by your favorite "Scumbags", when we decided to abstain from the voting in the U.N, (along with India & GERMANY) in favor of NATO's intervention in Libya). Even though I do not agree with all the things Rickey Amaral writes, I am in favor of Brasil remaining truly neutral as well as secular

BTW, I did go through the link you posted in the other thread about the plane getting impounded by the Lebanese at Beirut airport. Interesting thing is our MSM didn't report this "incident". I wonder why. smilies/wink.gif
"Interesting thing is our MSM didn't report this "incident". I wonder why."

Thaks,I'm curious. Neither here in the US, it's ignored like they ignore Ron Paul. Please, MSM is LMSM..(Lame Mean Stream Media).
The above article is nothing more than pure BULLs**t
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, February 09, 2012

Ricardo: The above article represent pure bulls**t and ignorance, and nothing else.

Brazil and Syria/Lebanon connection
http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...did=235793

February 1, 2012

SouthAmerica: It is time for Brazil to take side on this new crisis regarding Syria.

Brazil should back up Russia and China in an effort to stop the UN from using its rogue army (NATO) from destroying the entire infrastructure of Syria as they have done in Libya.

Brazil has a dog in this fight, since over 10 million people who live in Brazil are descendents from Syrian/Lebanese people.

There's a strong human connection between Brazil and Syria.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...enumber=64

February 9, 2012

SouthAmerica: Americans are waking up finally - it's time for the US to stop supporting Israel and move into the future the world of the 21st century.

The gravy train from America is about to cut its losses regarding Israel.

'Israel tries to drag US into Iran war' – February 5, 2012
http://youtu.be/HzUtKHhN3AI

February 9, 2012

SouthAmerica: Americans are sick and tired of going against the self-interest of the United States in the short and long term by supporting Israel and its illegal acts around the Middle East.

Americans are waking up finally - it's time for the US to stop supporting Israel, and move into the future; the world of the 21st century.

The gravy train from America is about to cut its losses regarding Israel – no more gravy train for Israel.

The party is over!!!!!!!!!

No War On Iran NYC Protest Feb/4/12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...r_embedded

The party is over for Israel!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Ray Nowak
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, February 09, 2012

Ray Nowak: “I would love to see a rational discussion citing facts & addressing questions with some common respect. I wonder if any of these- hate the gringos- people ever heard of the MONROE DOCTRINE to which most latin american countries were guaranteed their independence by the U.S...”

Ricardo: Ray, before we can have a rational discussion citing facts and addressing questions with some common respect – then you need to learn some basic historical facts first about the history of the Americas.

The only thing that I can do is laugh about your complete ignorance about the real history of the Americas – the following statement is a classic example: “people ever heard of the MONROE DOCTRINE to which most latin american countries were guaranteed their independence by the U.S..”

You are clueless about the history of the Americas in the 1800's....

You said: “the MONROE DOCTRINE to which most latin american countries were guaranteed their independence by the U.S..”

I just have one reaction regarding your ignorance regarding the history of the Americas:

Hah, hah, hah......

You can start your education first by learning some basic historical facts about the real history of the Americas. You can start by reading the following articles:

Brazzil Magazine - February 2005
“Brazil, the Original Leader of the Americas – Part I”
Written by Ricardo C. Amaral

http://www.brazzilmag.com/comp...art-i.html

Brazzil Magazine - February 2005
“Brazil, the Original Leader of the Americas – Part II”
Written by Ricardo C. Amaral

http://www.brazzilmag.com/comp...rt-ii.html

You can read the above 2 articles also on this web site:

“The Andrada Doctrine – Part I” and “The Andrada Doctrine – Part II”
http://brazil-leaderoftheamericas.blogspot.com/

Ricardo: Ray, please don't mention again the “MONROE DOCTRINE” around here, because that shows only your ignorance about the history of the 1800's in the Americas.

Neutrality???
written by adrianerik, February 11, 2012
To be "neutral" when oppression actively ravages a people is to take the side of the oppressor.

Regarding Brazil's GOVERNMENT (note the disqualifier) I don't believe that it has a moral soul therefore I expect nothing from it, internationally

Considering the immense power abuses in the three levels of the Brazilian government, the "pulverization" (or crushing) of the power of the electorate by giving immense political power to innumerous parties with no ideologies, whose primary aims is to perpetuate ITSELF and considering the resultant civil and human rights abuses caused by this tyranny of the majority by the minority, Brazil SHOULD (in a Machiavellian sense) should remain neutral in world affairs. Because for every principled stand that the country points against abuses abroad, there will be 4 fingers pointing back at itself.

The CONSTITUTION of a country determines "what that country is made of". It says that these things are we believe are the essential principles for a people to exist.

Brazil's constitution mirrors that of the democratic countries, France, Germany, The United States, Canada, etc.

If that is not important, then say so and remain silent in the face of atrocities in countries whose very principles spit upon everything Brazil says it stands for. Democratic loving people cry to the WORLD for solidarity in their fight to topple tyrants and live like you. It encourages them, it gives them hope that the WORLD is listening.

My experience has been that, unless it's American bullets doing the killing (then all of Brazilian rage for the "sanctify for human life" spills into the streets), then any other evil in the world with its bloody massacres do not register in the Brazilian psyche.
Brazil's future and viability should be based upon its support for societies having
adrianerik
written by João da Silva, February 11, 2012

Neutrality???

You finished reading the book I recommended and which you downloaded?smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif
Not Yet but...but...but.....
written by adrianerik, February 11, 2012
...what do you think the book would suggest about a situation such as South Africa during the imprisonment of Mandela, the height of the racist apartheid system and the brutal suppression of protest?

Would Brazil have joined in on an economic boycott (which the South Africans credited as hastening their decision to end the apartheid system)?

I downloaded a complete audio version of the book but I think that I outsmarted myself. I don't have the capacity to listen to the book while I'm on the onibus. A print version would have been better because, despite the fact that Salvador's shaky busses makes it difficult to read, I can still get through about 30 pages a day. However, I think that I can put the audio file on my phone and "read" the book that way.
written by João da Silva, February 12, 2012

...what do you think the book would suggest about a situation such as South Africa during the imprisonment of Mandela, the height of the racist apartheid system and the brutal suppression of protest?

That book has nothing to do with South Africa, apartheid, Chinese, etc; It narrates how your "patria" was dragged into the WW1, by the English & French. Somehow the current events suggest that the E.U. is crumbling and the Americans are being manipulated to save the "old Europe" by any means, from their economic woes as well as the "boogeymen" in the ME & beyond. What is amazing is that the latest villain is Dr.Bashir Assad (It is not an honorary title, but...but...but...he is indeed a British trained ophthalmologist). He was a darling of the "West" until recently because of his prim and proper British "upbringing". I wonder what exactly went wrong. Maybe the Saudis no longer like him. smilies/wink.gif

Coming back to Brasil's neutrality: Yes we have several internal problems that need and are being fixed. So why should we alienate countries that have had friendly relationship and ancestors of many Brasilians emigrated from? As for our "ambition" to get a permanent seat in the U.N. security council, we couldn't care less for the simple reason that most of us know the U.N. is going to meet the same fate as that of the League of Nations.smilies/sad.gif

I downloaded a complete audio version of the book but I think that I outsmarted myself.

I too have the tendency to outsmart myself at times. So no worries.Maybe you should get yourself the print version, go to the beach, sit under an umbrella and read .But...but...but... I know with all the people playing soccer and playing loud music, it is hard to do it!smilies/cheesy.gif

Will be back after the tea and crumpets. Cheers.smilies/grin.gif
Be Aware of Friends
written by adrianerik, February 14, 2012
I started the book (audio). Will comment on it later.

The concept of "friendship" between the governments of countries (or the countries' leaders) is a bit different than friendship with the people of that country. It's possible to have one without the other.

The current U.S. position in Syria has its supporters and detractors in the States. Most international politics is based upon pragmatic considerations...not that idealism shouldn't play a part. As of yesterday, we now have the absurdity of the United States AND Al Quaeda both supporting the same side in Syria.

So, of course, Brazil should plot it's own course but NOT because the torturous devil who currently oppresses the Syrian people has "friendly" relations with the country.

I wonder if the Syrian (and Lebanese) immigrants in Brazil run into the streets with pride when Assad visits...or do they go into hiding.
adrianerik
written by João da Silva, February 14, 2012

I wonder if the Syrian (and Lebanese) immigrants in Brazil run into the streets with pride when Assad visits...or do they go into hiding.

The probability is almost zero, unless Haddad and Kassab organize a rally and invite Nader to participate.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

BTW, we are talking the same language though you are more eloquent. Forget the different passports we hold.smilies/grin.gif
Regarding the USA/Israel and Iran crisis...
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, February 15, 2012

Part 1 of 2

Ricardo: I posted the following on various web sites:

The United States is planning to attack Iran with Nuclear Weapons
http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...enumber=65

...February 15, 2012

SouthAmerica: Today, this is what most of the people around the world thinks about the old USA. That's the image that the USA projects around the world.

Americans are not the smartest bunch that hang around our planet, all you need to do is look at the history of the United States.

Americans are a very violent people by nature, and we can see this violent behavior reflected all over the history of the United States; from slavery, to the genocide of the American native Indians, to their nasty civil war, to a history of never ending wars around the world, CIA program “extraordinary rendition”, which since 2001 has captured an estimated 3,000 people and transported them around the world for the purpose of undergoing torture and worse, and finally the ultimate and the extreme act of human violence such as in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Americans always find excuses for their acts of violence, and they usually don't take responsibility for the damage that they do to other people.

American culture worship violence in every way; from its Indian and cowboy movies, to movies about war, any kind of war, about terrorism, and about the mafia and criminal gangs around the United States.

It seems to me that the US mainstream media has been in a coma for many years – they are brain dead and they don't have the capability to think, to reason and to use common sense anymore.

The US mainstream media has lost the ability to think for a long time now, and the only reaction we still can get from this brainless people, they serve as cheerleaders when the US is beating the drums of war such as in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Iran – and when they try to destabilize and interfere with the internal affairs all kind of governments around the world. (Usually with disastrous results for all these countries.)

Americans embark on all these adventures around the world, and most of the time they have no clue about what they are doing and the consequences of their actions – just look around to the chaos in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Egypt, Tunisia, Syria, Pakistan, Lebanon, and so on....Everything is spinning out of control a reflection of US clueless leadership and pure ignorance about what they are doing in US foreign policy.

The United States is about to embark in another catastrophic adventure this time in Iran with the compliments of Israel, but before the United States make this humongous mistake – Americans should check the Armageddon that the United States will create inside Iran and also would affect many countries in that area of the world with catastrophic results for everyone.

I hope US government officials will check this video of a program broadcasted on C-Span in August 9, 2006. This program is very enlightening, but I want to put the spotlight on the presentation of Royanian, Simin - Co-Founder, Women for Peace and Justice in Iran – her presentation starts at the minute 39 of this video. She explains the consequences of an attack from the United States and Israel is going to have in that entire area of the world.

An American/Israeli attack against the nuclear facilities in Iran, might translate into the last act of war for the United States and its military. And most likely would trigger the final collapse of the US economic and financial system and the demise of the United States just like the Soviet Union.

That might be the last nail on the coffin of the United States as a nation – the end of another superpower – and the demise of another empire.

It's not too late and the United States can stop and avoid this catastrophic military attack against Iran – common sense and reason still can prevail – before the United States self-destroy in Iran, and have a demise just like the Soviet Union at the speed of light.

Program broadcasted on C-Span Wednesday, August 9, 2006
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/193781-1

Part 2 of 2

The United States is planning to attack Iran with Nuclear Weapons
http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...enumber=23

August 10, 2006

SouthAmerica: Today I watched on C-Span the broadcast of a forum on US Nuclear Policy.

The program brought me memories from 1983 when they did show a brief clip from the original ABC TV movie “The Day After” (1983).

...Here is the info about the C-Span program about US Nuclear policy.

Program broadcasted on C-Span Wednesday, August 9, 2006 at 9:22 PM.

Forum: U.S. Nuclear Policy
Hiroshima/Nagasaki Peace Committee
Washington, District of Columbia (United States)

Kodama, Shotaro - Survivor

Yoshimura, Kazuhiro - Survivor

Boyd, MichelleLegislative - Director, Public Citizen, Critical Mass Energy Project

Royanian, Simin - Co-Founder, Women for Peace and Justice in Iran

Roth, NickolasDirector (Designated),
Nuclear Age Peace Foundation, Research and Advocacy

Moore, Carol - Member, Hiroshima/Nagasaki Peace Committee

Marking the 61st anniversary of the nuclear bombing of Nagasaki, panelists talked about the consequences of U.S. nuclear weapons policy from Hiroshima to Iran. Among the issues they addressed were the safety and security of international nuclear stockpiles, the U.S. policy of preemptive attack, and on-going tensions over weapons development in countries such as Iran.

After their discussion the panelists responded to questions from members of the audience.

Shotaro Kodama was a survivor from Hiroshima and Kazuhiro Yoshimura was a survivor from Nagasaki who talked about their personal experiences. The presentation included a brief clip from the ABC TV movie “The Day After” (1983).

Part 3 of 3

February 15, 2015

SouthAmerica: It was interesting the presentation of the people who participated on this forum: US Nuclear Policy.

One of the people who participated on this forum said that the United States and Israel were preparing to attack Iran’s nuclear sites with nuclear weapons – on a pre-emptive nuclear attack to destroy Iran’s nuclear capabilities.

That person also said that such an attack would kill approximately 2.5 million people immediately, and another 11.5 million people would be exposed to high levels of radioactivity; and be affected by fallout.

After a nuclear attack most people would die from the original shockwave and many more would die later from the subsequent fallout. Acting on the human body, the shock waves cause pressure waves through the tissues. These waves mostly damage junctions between tissues of different densities (bone and muscle) or the interface between tissue and air. Lungs and the gut, which contain air, are particularly injured. The damage causes severe haemorrhaging or air embolisms, either of which can be rapidly fatal. The overpressure estimated to damage lungs is about 70 kPa. Some eardrums would probably rupture around 22 kPa (0.2 atm) and half would rupture between 90 and 130 kPa (0.9 to 1.2 atm).

Nuclear explosions produce large amounts of radiation and radioactive debris. Fallout is the residual radiation hazard from a nuclear explosion and is named from the fact that it "falls out" of the atmosphere into which it is spread during the explosion. It commonly refers to the radioactive dust created when a nuclear weapon explodes. This radioactive dust, consisting of hot particles, is a kind of radioactive contamination.

If the United States and Israel decide to go ahead with their plan to attack Iran’s nuclear sites with nuclear weapons – the results will be catastrophic for over 15 million people. And fallout would affect many other countries in the area such as Afghanistan, India and many others.

Can we rule out as non-sense a nuclear attack by the United States and Israel against Iran?

Not with the kind of government leadership that we have today in the United States and also in Israel. These people have been desensitized to the violence, to exceptional human suffering that they inflict on other people and they probably would not think twice to go ahead with their plans for a nuclear attack against Iran.

We are not talking about reasonable people in this case. It is possible that we are talking about people who some day will be charged with crimes against humanity.

Note: I want to put the spotlight on the presentation of Royanian, Simin - Co-Founder, Women for Peace and Justice in Iran – her presentation starts at the minute 39 of this video.

Regarding Apple stock

Ricardo: Here is what I posted today at the Elite Trader Stock Forum regarding Apple stock:

Apple stock
http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...did=236770

written by asp, February 15, 2012
ohhhh rikkkkkkkkkkkkkkay

i must say , i am so fascinated by your history of the usa and its violence...i really love how you lead with slavery and the treatment of the indians.. i mean i really agree we should definitly never forget the usa brought slaves from africa and that its economy was bolstered on the backs of these slaves...

lets face it, the usa bringing slaves also has paved the way for much of the economic and class division and racial prejudice and discrimination that carries into today

i think this issue about slavery is very pertinent and extremly relevant to some of the problems and hypocracies that exist now that affect our daily life....in the usa....the media is the biggest racist of them all.....in the usa....

you are really on to something about the slavery issue.....in the usa..how insightful of you...about the usa....

and , i think its brilliant of you to mention about the wars, and kind of not shine any light at all on ummmmm lets say the millions and millions of people who starved to death in china because of marxist back to the campo bs, and the cultural revolution that killed millions more...all happened back in the 50's and 60's, not that long ago...lets not bring china into this discusion...by the way, better leave out all the people who died in the gulags in the soviet union...

i also think you shouldnt mention that places like iran, iraq had their own war that killed more than a million people as well as the afghan civil war that killed a million...or the millions in the congo

i think any referance of these things could be detrimental to your point and i sure dont want to see that happen...

so keep up your brilliant analasys....what would we do with out you...?
Reply to ASP
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, February 16, 2012

Part 1 of 2

Ricardo: I am sorry to say that we were also gilt in Brazil regarding the issue of slavery, and the Brazilian native indians.

We made the same mistake that the United States made on that regard.

I did learn a lot about the subject of slavery when I was writing my book, since slavery was a very important subject for the Andradas – Jose Bonifacio, his brother Martim Francisco, and his grandson also called Jose Bonifacio (O moco) my great-grandfather.

I also had to learn a lot about the history of Angola, when I was working in international trade with the Angolan government.

ASP, I want to remind you that my posting was about the United States and the USA/Israel/Iran crisis, and I was not comparing economic systems, or political ideologies.

I said: “Today, this is what most of the people around the world thinks about the old USA. That's the image that the USA projects around the world.”

The United States does a superb job in projecting the image of a very violent society to the rest of the world, and the United States does that in two ways:

1) thru all the Hollywood movies from cowboys and indian movies, to movies about: war, terrorism, criminal gangs and American mafia, and the type of movie where a psycho kills everybody in sight with chain saws and so on...

The more violent the movie – the more Americans love to watch it. Then you have cases like the two teenagers who killed 13 people and themselves at suburban Denver's Columbine High School 10 years, and other similar cases around the USA.

2) thru the US military and their never ending military adventures around the world – the US has over 800 military bases around the world.

I don't need to list all the wars that the United States got involved since 1776. This is a nation that loves a war, any type of war.....

Many countries around the world are armed with nuclear weapons, but up to today only one country has used two of these weapons against other human beings – finally, the ultimate and the extreme act of human violence that can be inflicted against the people from another country such as the nukes that the USA dropped in Japan, in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The US mainstream media makes me sick, as usual they are not doing their job – for all practical purposes the US mainstream media is dying very fast, because they become obsolete and most people does not pay attention to them anyway.

I find interesting and at the same time crazy about how the United States (the new kid in the block) wants to tell Iran what that country can and cannot do.

Iran is home to one of the world's oldest continuous major civilizations, with historical and urban settlements dating back to 4000 BC – that means the history of Iran/Persia goes back at least 6,000 years from 2012 AD.

Most Americans are completely clueless about the history of Persia/Iran. They think that the Iranians are Arabs, and they have no idea that the Iranians are Persians.

Most Americans can't even find where Iran is locate in a world map, and it's too much to expect that Americans would know that they are Persians.

The US mainstream media and the US government want to convey to the American public and also to the world the idea that Iran is a primitive country in many ways and a primitive society.

Reply to ASP
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, February 16, 2012

Part 2 of 2

Here is some information about the history of Persia/Iran:

Persian Empire/Civilization Iran Inventions History
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3w9Zn821nl0

Persian Empire/Civilization Iran Inventions Darius The Great Cyrus The Great

The Achaemenid Empire (ca. 550--330 BCE), also known as the Persian Empire, was the successor state of the Median Empire, ruling over significant portions of what would become Greater Iran. The Persian and the Median Empire taken together are also known as the Medo-Persian Empire, which encompassed the combined territories of several earlier empires. At the height of its power, the empire encompassed approximately 8 million km2. The empire was forged by Cyrus the Great, and spanned three continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. At its greatest extent, the empire included the territories of Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan and the territories of northern India, parts of Central Asia, Asia Minor, Thrace and Macedonia, much of the Black Sea coastal regions, Iraq, northern Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Palestine, Israel, Lebanon, Syria, and all significant population centers of ancient Egypt as far west as Libya. It is noted in western history as the foe of the Greek city states during the Greco-Persian Wars, for emancipation of slaves including the Jews from their Babylonian Babylonian captivity, and for instituting the usage of official languages throughout its territories. In universal history the role of the Persian empire founded by Cyrus the Great lies in their very successful model for centralized administration and a government working to the advantage and profit of all.

The Achaemenid Persian empire was invaded by Alexander III of Macedon, after which it collapsed and disintegrated in 330 BCE into what later became the Ptolemaic Kingdom and Seleucid Empire, in addition to other minor territories which gained independence after its collapse. Iranian rule was re-established in the region starting from the rise of Arsacids in middle of 3rd century BCE Engineering an Empire The Persians Cyrus Daryus Xerxes Spart Spartans 300 Iran Iranian Kings Hakhamaneshi Akamanchipersia civilization power iran persian aryan history empire achaemenid rome roman culture parthian persepolis cyrus

The Persian Empire
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpfLubDZKoU

The history of Iran
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Iran

ASP, by the way, Iraq was the country that attacked Iran in a war that killed about 1 million people, and the United States was an ally of Iraq during that war.

In the world of 2012 one would expect that countries such as the United States and Israel were a bit more intelligent than they really are in dealing with their foreign affairs – the problem is that we overestimate all the time the level and degree of intelligence of the population of these countries.

They are not as smart and intelligent as many people believe they are.

The United States and Israel are provoking Iran every way they can to start another war in the Middle East.

I understand why Israel is so desperate to start a war against Iran – Israel is becoming irrelevant and obsolete in the new world of the 21st century at the speed of light.

It's a shame that the US mainstream media is in a coma, becoming completely irrelevant, and it's dying a quick death.

There's no one left with a minimum of common sense, and the ability to reason, and also with a basic ability of thinking, to stop the US/Israel aggression against Iran, before the new conflict spins completely out of control into chaos and massive destruction of human lives and so on....

written by asp, February 16, 2012
im with you all the way, ric

incredible history of persia, congradulations

it reminds me of the rich history of china

that is why i reccomend covering up that 40 million figure from chinas recent history as we look back in time at america's wars, especialy the cold war...i just dont think people could wrap their heads around that, the fact that that was actualy happeing in our modern world

i dont thimk people should know why there really was a cold war

dirty little wars around the world where the two oposing sides eagerly invited the major powers to get involved and help them...man, dont get into the realities and complex details of the cold war...it ruins the propaganda page the soviet union put out with fidels snot all over it

that f**king usa, not only did they do business with iraq, they did business with iran too...sadam was heart broken when he found out...and then those f**ks took the profits to contras in el salvador

yeah, the a bombs in japan...i actualy wish my uncle sitting out on the ships had to invade japan for real and probably get killed and kill 10 times more japanese than the a bombs killed

im with you all the way ric
Bank holiday in the USA, and Economic Martial Law in 2012 - the entire system is collapsing....
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, February 17, 2012

Ricardo: Gerald Celente usually he is very good about predicting trends and forecasts.

February 17, 2012

SouthAmerica: Bank holiday in the USA, and Economic Martial Law in 2012 - the entire system is collapsing....

Battlefield USA 2012: Gerald Celente on year's top trends – February 16, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG6Fh0SWMJs

Gerald Celente, the founder of the Trends Research Institute gives RT's Marina Portnaya his predictions for the headlines of tomorrow. OWS movement, US presidential elections, economic embargo on Iran are among the issues discussed.

asp
written by João da Silva, February 17, 2012

Battlefield USA 2012: Gerald Celente on year's top trends – February 16, 2012

I suggest you watch the link Ricardo posted and give us your comments!It is a pity our friend Dr.L.C. vanished.smilies/sad.gif He might have his own opinion on this issue.smilies/wink.gif
written by asp, February 17, 2012
oh jesus god, i just wasted 12:56 minutes of my life, thanks to you joao...

da day dat dis mudder fawka wit da bronx accent ses somtin relavant ill be fawkin amazed...

wat da fawk...im so happy obama is president, i will be so happy when he wins da second toim

dese idoits dont have a fawking clue

i wasted 12:56 precious minutes of my life listening to dis toid

get da fuk otta heir
you want a f**kin prediction ?

next year , someone is going to die...

someone is going to be born...

someone is going broke somewhere...

someone will get rich...

someone is going straight to hell..

how am i f**king doing ?
i mean some of the people rico brings in are such losers...

he has brought in moan chumpski a few times. lets look at a recent excerpt from chumpski in the huffington post in a scathing article of the usa's past :

"But the problems China faces are serious. Some are demographic, reviewed in Science, the leading U.S. science weekly. The study shows that mortality sharply decreased in China during the Maoist years, “mainly a result of economic development and improvements in education and health services, especially the public hygiene movement that resulted in a sharp drop in mortality from infectious diseases.” This progress ended with the initiation of the capitalist reforms 30 years ago, and the death rate has since increased. "

i mean can you f**king beleive that ? this mother f**ker is saying that health care improved and mortality rates dropped ???!!!!

THE MOTHER f**kER MAO WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR MORE THAN 20 MILLION PEOPLE DYING BECAUSE OF HIS VOLTA NO CAMPO MARXIST FAILED POLICIES AND MORE THAN 20 MILLION MORE DIED IN THE CHINESE CULTURAL REVOLUTION IN MAOS NAME AND THIS MISERABLE s**t FOR BRAINS CHUMPSKY IMPLIES THINGS WERE BETTER BACK THEN

this is the same bulls**t they do about cuba "oh but people get health care and education to read "...and then they can die a miserable death or live a miserable life in lines for food rations

does this motherf**ker chompski have an agenda or what ?

i mean that is some seriously revealing bulls**t from mr moan chumpski

chumpski...kiss my ass
Reply to ASP
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, February 18, 2012

Ricardo: ASP, you need to calm down first, then watch some of these videos for your relaxation:

http://thefinalcollapseoftheus..._8716.html

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...did=236530

Enjoy it !!!!!

written by asp, February 18, 2012
oh, ric, ric

you are my main man, im not mad at you, im mad at joao...i learned a long time ago not to waste my valuable time watching these lincs, they have all been dead ends loaded with frustration...

im here to help you, and, one thing for sure is, fuk moan chumpski, he will f**k up your whole presentaion by using him as a referance..

i mean for god damn f**king gods sake how could this absolute s**t for brains imply that things were better under mao ? with such huge numbers of death and elimination under his fingertips...only a jerk with an agenda would imply that things were better off...i mean at the very least he could have said " even with millions dying under a marxist regime, health care and reading skills were better under mao...", but no, he just wants us to think by god, under mao, while the united states was in viet nam and both them and the viet cong and north vietnamese were responsible for several millions of deaths, mao was all flowers and love and prosperity for his people...while more than 40 million died under his reign

its like his huge paper on colombia and how he devotes page after page to putting down the usa military industrial complex, yet one paragraph about farc and calling them ....."freedom fighters...(ha ha ha, spit cough vomit huey bs)"

i mean my f**king god, anyone who thinks the usa military presence in colombia is worse than the farc, and how they are raping brazil, has got big boobooo crust breath s**t for brains...

i simply dont trust moan chumpski..if he is the top intellect, intellects are in big trouble

id rather be a misspellig idiot with common sence than an intellectual s**t for brains with an agenda like him

im trying to help you ric, i dont want to see you look like a fool , i like you too much...

dont worry, i got your back
written by asp, February 18, 2012
god damn f**king moan chumpski is the s**thead carl rove of the left
asp
written by João da Silva, February 18, 2012

you are my main man, im not mad at you, im mad at joao

You mad at me ?smilies/shocked.gifsmilies/sad.gif I think the hot sun and females on the beach are driving you crazy. And you are upset with me just because I needed a second opinion from a "real" American of Nth generation such as your distinguished self about Geraldo Celente's "trends and predictions". Besides the duration of the video clip Ricardo posted is only 12:56 minutes (I must compliment you for paying attention to such minute details, though). Nevertheless, you seem to be very upset.smilies/sad.gif

To calm you down, Ricardo has been good enough to post some more links. I suggest you go back into your cabana, go through them all and give us a synopsis and your valuable opinion.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
asp: don't go through ALL of them because...
written by adrianerik, February 18, 2012
Ricardo has an annoying habit of linking to himself and assumes, in the ancient words of the Persian leaders, "I HAVE WRITTEN IT...LET IT BE SO!"

One of his 'proof' links above goes to his posting on another site where he merely points back to his posts on this site as "proof". Yin-Yang!

I have gone through several links and won't go through any more. There might be a few that are worthy as points to debate but Ricardo is like the "boy who cried wolf", he has buried links that might be possible discussion points among a ton of trash: futurist theorists, Brazilian public relations sites who, of course will say anything to bring in investments for their oligarchies. There are other nut-jobs whose 10 minute Youtube videos give them 15 minutes of fame that they could never get by writing a book that presents academic or historical contexts to their arguments.

Simply because economic and historical and social context will destroy many of their arguments.

For example, pre-Islamic Iran/Persia has very little to do with the current post-islamic state that exists now and whose governmental policies are not based upon the tenets of the Ba'Hai faith or Zorastianism but upon an imperalistic Islam that has only existed since the 7th century. The mullahs and ayatollahs and president who run Iran have no interest in pre-historic Persia...that is only romanticism on this site.

Context: how can one be so shocked at the use of an atomic bomb that killed about 100,000 people when conventional bombs killed many times that, also civilians. The Japanese were killing many times that many Chinese and Korean civilans A DAY by conventional methods. So, where's the shock! Japan's air defense was defenseless but they were ordered to resist to the last man, woman and child by Tojo...millions of people. The two options were the shock effect of the atomic bomb or a the european style carpet-bombing that killed millions in europe. WAR, by definition, is terror as I'm sure those Portuguese found out when they were felled by the 'brave' Brazilians who every year celebrate with pride their own participation in insanity (so there are justifications for wars, aren't they...and shouldn't we look at them one by one and provide the context for all of them).
written by João da Silva, February 18, 2012

asp: don't go through ALL of them because...

I am glad another "real" American has joined our discussions.smilies/wink.gif

For example, pre-Islamic Iran/Persia has very little to do with the current post-islamic state that exists now and whose governmental policies are not based upon the tenets of the Ba'Hai faith or Zorastianism but upon an imperalistic Islam that has only existed since the 7th century. The mullahs and ayatollahs and president who run Iran have no interest in pre-historic Persia...that is only romanticism on this site.

Absolutely correct. For a Republican from South Carolina, the commentator seems to know about "Zoroastrians" and "Baha'i"faith. smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif

Maybe ASP should get to know the Baha'i temple when he visits his home town the next time.smilies/cool.gif

Cheers
Some more links to stir the pot (no these are not videos)
written by wisemann, February 19, 2012
http://www.counterpunch.org/20...cientists/

http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/02/17/those-attacks-on-israeli-diplomats/

http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/02/17/the-suicide-state/
(those bright young ones should move to Brasil)

and specially for adrienerik:
http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/02/17/creeping-fascism-2/
http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/01/18/why-the-ndaa-is-unconstitutional/

Boas Festas..........smilies/grin.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/cool.gif
The Crumbling of America....
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, February 19, 2012

Ricardo: Here is what I posted today at the Elite Trader economics forum and also on other web sites:

February 19, 2012

SouthAmerica: This BBC program shows to the world what American is becoming very fast.....a collapsing society, a collapsing economy....and the slow death of another former superpower.

Poor America - BBC Panorama - 13 Feb 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlZqaXd0uRg

Note: As usual the US mainstream media is in a coma, they became obsolete and they are dying very fast, and at this point they can't report anymore even about what is happening around the United States.

Thanks to the foreign media, this time the BBC from the UK, we have a program about the social collapse of American society....

The reality is: Today the US mainstream media it's not worth s**t...

Why this is happening at this time?

Ricardo: I also posted the following on the Elite Trader economics forum:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...ost3451770

...February 19, 2012

SouthAmerica: Here we go again!!!!!

The rhetoric about US/Israel threat to attack Iran is reaching new highs, and this time even the military of these countries are playing along.

Why this is happening at this time?

To create a crisis with the objective of keeping the price of oil around US$ 100 per barrel.

Without all this war drum beat the price of oil probably would be going down very fast right now, because the world markets have an over supply of oil, and demand is falling off a cliff for this commodity.

Which are the major countries supporting a NATO intervention also in Syria?

Saudi Arabia and Qatar, two countries that also want to keep the price of oil as high as possible, and as long as possible even by participating in the destabilization game of other Arab countries such as Syria.

They are trying to do everything that they can to project the idea of a Middle East crisis that is getting completely out of control – a game designed to keep the price of oil from going down, because of lack of demand in an imploding global economy.

Here is a "Reality Check" for US/Israel:

If you go to the above web link you can see some very interesting the videos.

In the USA oil demand is falling off the edge of a cliff...

Ricardo: On this video Max Keiser guest Charles Hugh Smith explain what is happening in the oil market - in the USA oil demand is falling off the edge of a cliff...

February 18, 2012
Keiser Report: Rich guys totally observe you – February 18, 2012

http://youtu.be/Iu156DguEIE

In this episode, Max Keiser and co-host, Stacy Herbert, discuss the riches made monitoring the population and the pittance paid for agreeing to be monitored. The also discuss the Serious Organised Crime Agency threatening to monitor Stacy for following a link while Max envisions a future in which granny gets it. In the second half of the show, Max talks to Charles Hugh Smith of OfTwoMinds.com about social fractals, tanking energy consumption and a citizenship futures market.

wisemann
written by João da Silva, February 19, 2012

http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/02/17/the-suicide-state/

This is one of the most interesting and informative articles I have read about Israel.Thanks. I have read about "Madrasas" run by Muslim clerics, but not about the religious schools by "Orthodox" Jews.

(those bright young ones should move to Brasil)

If you mean "those bright young ones" from the religious schools, my answer is a loud "No, thanks".smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
Syria? Who cares!
written by Ederson, February 19, 2012
This site is such a distraction.smilies/wink.gif, but I enjoy my morning browse. Personally, I think Brasil would be a perfect candidate for a permanent seat on the Security Council. Why not? The UN is so out of touch with reality that anybody and everybody should be on it. It would be no less effective.
Evicting the current regime in Syria opens up a whole new set of problems, each more serious than allowing this sour mess to just simmer. So why the clamour? Isn't anyone learning anything from Yemen, Libya, Egypt, Iraq, Afghanistan, Nigeria, and so forth?
Ederson
written by João da Silva, February 19, 2012

This site is such a distraction.smilies/wink.gif, but I enjoy my morning browse.

You should be court martialed for having gone AWOL from this site (and shot on the spot), Col. smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif

Where the heck you been, pulling a coup d'tat in Nigeria?????smilies/grin.gif

Regardless, great to hear from you again. Time for crumpets with tea.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

Cheers
written by wisemann, February 19, 2012
No Joao irmao, I mean the tech smart cosmopolitan bright young ones, the rest of them can go to hell........or Amerika......smilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gifsmilies/wink.gif
Court Martial?
written by Ederson, February 19, 2012
Shot on sight? Coup d'tat in Nigeria? Not me, Joao!smilies/wink.gif The Luanda Trial cured me of any such need for adventurism. Been very busy lately. New agent and publisher. Maybe now I'll get credit for my work.
The Crumbling of America....
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, February 20, 2012

Ricardo: I just posted the following on the Elite Trader Economics Forum in response to a comment of one of the members of that forum:

The Crumbling of America
http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...ost3452499

...February 20, 2012

SouthAmerica: Reply to Nutmeg

On my last posting I said the following: “As usual the US mainstream media is in a coma, they became obsolete and they are dying very fast, and at this point they can't report anymore even about what is happening around the United States.

Thanks to the foreign media, this time the BBC from the UK, we have a program about the social collapse of American society....”

There's a simple reason why this is important to document, and the US mainstream media is not doing their job as usual.

It doe not matter how the US government and the US mainstream media want to sugar coat it, but the reality is that we are descending very fast into the second leg of a global great depression, and people should be aware of what is happening to all of us.

Do you think the official unemployment figures of around 25 percent for many European countries it does not mean anything?

Look at what is happening in Greece, Portugal, Ireland, England, France, Spain, Italy, and in many other countries....Don't forget Egypt, Tunisia, Iraq, and all the other countries in the Middle East including Israel were high unemployment and high food prices is becoming a major problem and is getting completely out of control.

High unemployment is a real problem also to many countries in Asia, in Africa, and the United States government unemployment figures is not worth the paper that is not printed on. If the US government had the courage necessary for reporting the real unemployment figures in the US economy, instead of the garbage that they report on a monthly basis, then the real unemployment figure today for the US economy it would be between 22 to 25 percent. And the real US economy continues to imploding month after month....

Please don't give me the bulls**t that the US stock market is doing very well, because it is the Ben Bernanke market, based on artificial Fed gimmicks, massive federal government intervention, and now the US Federal Reserve is extending its artificial economic games to other central banks around the world including the European Central bank – without all this central banking artificial intervention, the entire global financial system it would be spinning completely out of control right now.

Even many of the best US companies, their profits are being generated by laying off people, in a global basis.

As I have been writing about for a few years the “first great depression of the 21st century” has been underway, and now we are entering the second leg of the depression when the s**t really hits the fan...

Only years from now in the future, historians and the mainstream media will recognize and will start referring to our time as being in a “great depression” - and that is why the US mainstream media needs to record what is actually happening around the country, and start reporting it to the public.

The denying about what is happening around us by the US government and the US mainstream media here in the United States it doesn't fix the problem, and it doesn't make it to go away also, may just make things even worse for everyone.

The Greek Experiment and economic wars and class warfare
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, February 20, 2012

Ricardo: Companies such as "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" are in Brazil to set the stage for massive looting and pillage of everything in sight in Brazil - just as they set the stage in Greece many years ago for today's total rape and destruction of that country's economic system.

If Brazilians were smart they would refuse doing any type of business with these crooks, and the Brazilian government would be trying to run these thieves out of the country ASAP.

The Greek Experiment – February 15, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rUZpAtA3kA

Michael Hudson: Greek crisis used to find out how far finance can drive down wages and privatize

We are in the age of massive economic wars and class warfare.

Ederson
written by João da Silva, February 20, 2012

Been very busy lately. New agent and publisher.

Seems you been busy for a good cause. What is the book about?

I recall the last time you were in touch with us was much before the fall and demise of Col.Moammar. From what little news we get, it appears the right replacement for him has not been chosen yet by the "Western" powers.Egyptians do not seem to be happy either! Your latest warning about Syria may come true also.smilies/sad.gif

The Luanda Trial cured me of any such need for adventurism.

Glad you didn't meet the same fate of your other four colleagues.smilies/wink.gif

Hope you come and express your customary words of wisdom about near, mid and far East whenever your busy schedule allows you.smilies/grin.gif

Look forward to reading your book.
wisemann
written by João da Silva, February 20, 2012

No Joao irmao, I mean the tech smart cosmopolitan bright young ones

Herr.Wisemann, I fully endorse your view. Brasil doesn't need religious nuts, but should welcome such bright ones regardless of their race,religion, nationality, etc;smilies/smiley.gif
written by wisemann, February 20, 2012
Joao, these other young ones should come also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGnvJE15ArI
wisemann
written by João da Silva, February 21, 2012

Joao, these other young ones should come also...

Herr.Wisemann! Thanks once again for posting an useful and informative link.smilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif

I share the view of one of the commentators wrote:

no one needs to get pissed cuz of the title and nature, just watch vid and enjoy the music, even if you support homosexuals or not

written by wisemann, February 21, 2012
Joao, that was not me but the deranged little anglo island monkey jew mossad troll who gets a vicarious thrill posting these comments & links
Reply to Joao da Siva and Ederson
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, February 22, 2012

Ricardo: Ederson, welcome back to our discussions here on Brazzil.

In the last few weeks I have been receiving threatening messages at the Elite Trader Forum and I just posted a reply to these fools at:

The End of America
http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...did=237214

Enjoy this new thread at ET.

written by wisemann, February 22, 2012
Joao,

You will enjoy this link:
http://www.counterpunch.org/2012/02/22/what-really-happened-in-the-yom-kippur-war/

Brings todays world events into better focus. Plus the cowardly, stupid, arrogant, genocidal, criminal zionist israeli leadership have already been marginalized by the Persians & their country turned into a hysterical inconsequential entity.

Am sure Herr. Ederson has his thoughts & comments & not to forget Mr. Adrienerik off course.
Unbelievable
written by Ederson, February 23, 2012
There are so many excellent authors on both sides who have written in-depth essays and histories concerning the Yom Kippur War. Any one of them would be preferred before anything written by Israel Shamir.
Ederson
written by João da Silva, February 23, 2012

Any one of them would be preferred before anything written by Israel Shamir.

Please explain further.smilies/shocked.gif

I did go through the link posted by Herr.Wisemann. Mr.Israel Shamir who wrote the article is a veteran of Yom Kippur war and I'd imagine he has some extent of credibility among his fellow citizens.smilies/sad.gif
Israel Shamir
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Israel Shamir is a rather famous anti-Semite from Russia. He has a point, however; there was a friendly relationship between Ariel Sharon and Sadat, but it happened after the Yom Kippur War and is highly detailed in Sharon's autobiography, which is a fantastic and detailed essay about the war and the author's struggle with his superiors. Sharon's book is one of my most treasured books: hardbound, of course. smilies/wink.gif
I can't agree with any suggestion that the Yom Kippur War was was a cooperative effort between the powers. How ridiculous. The war came within a miracle of going nuclear. If Sharon hadn't buried the bridge, it might well have. Any suggestion that the war was, indeed, a cooperative effort is an insult to the men who lost their lives on both sides.
Ederson
written by João da Silva, February 23, 2012

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Israel Shamir is a rather famous anti-Semite from Russia. He has a point, however; there was a friendly relationship between Ariel Sharon and Sadat, but it happened after the Yom Kippur War and is highly detailed in Sharon's autobiography, which is a fantastic and detailed essay about the war and the author's struggle with his superiors. Sharon's book is one of my most treasured books: hardbound, of course.

Thank you so much for your clarifications, Herr.Ederson (Herr. Wisemann knows how to address distinguished persons like you respectfully!!!) (probably of the finest Prussian aristocratic stock!!!!!!!).

Now we await Mr.Adriaerik's comments (from an American's point of view) as previously requested by Herr.Wisemann.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif

Cheers to y'all.smilies/cheesy.gif
written by wisemann, February 23, 2012
No Sr. Joao I am just a humble Pomeranian farmer.

Herr Ederson, interesting pov. Also, you accuse Shamir a jew himself of being anti-semite. This infers that anyone who despises the criminal genocidal zionist gang/government that run the artificial, illegal, inconsequential state of israel is an anti-semite.

Now wait a minute. Arabs are semites too & Mr. Shamir does not appear to have any problem with them. So it appears that again the jews have hijacked the designation of semitism to exclusively represent their 'semite' identity at the expense of the other semites...yah!

It is a knowm fact in anthropological circles that the ashkenazi jews of central & east europe (the current israeli scumbag elites) are actually Khazars - a slavo-mongol mongrel mix that originated in the region between the Black & Caspean seas, who were pagans that actually converted to judaism.

Also going back in history those ungrateful jews would not be around if the Persians had not delivered them from the Babylonians who were putting sticks up their asses at the time. Off course this so called israel would not exist in its current form without ongoing massive financial, military & political support from the anglosphere/nato.

Alas I see that you have also sipped from the poisoned chalice of zionism too!
Mister Wisemann
I'm sorry Mister Wisemann, but Israel Shamir isn't a Jew; he's an Orthodox Christian. Not only that, but Israel Shamir isn't even his real name.smilies/wink.gif
Have a great day. come back when you are better prepared.smilies/wink.gif
On second thought!
On second thought, you stay, Mister Wisemenn; I'll leave!smilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif
Ederson
written by João da Silva, February 24, 2012

On second thought, you stay, Mister Wisemenn; I'll leave!

Nobody is going to leave. Everybody stays put and gives further clarifications to a poor peasant from Southern Brasil, who thinks that all those folks from the Mid East are "Turcos". smilies/wink.gif

I'm sorry Mister Wisemann, but Israel Shamir isn't a Jew; he's an Orthodox Christian. Not only that, but Israel Shamir isn't even his real name.

Why the heck didn't you say it before and had to come out with puzzles and riddles to confuse me further? I had to Google to find out more info on this fellasmilies/sad.gif BTW, what is "Orthodox Christian"?

Is there any connection between Sunnis, Sufis, Shiites, etc; of Mohammedan faith & Ashkenazis,Khazars,Sphorodics (the African ones), etc; of Jewish faith? I read somewhere that late Col.Mohammar was Jewish and if so why didn't Israel go for his rescue?

Gentlemen, I am quite lost. Maybe Ricardo would be able to throw some more light on this issue.smilies/cool.gif
written by wisemann, February 25, 2012
Herr Ederson my zionist sympathizer Israel Shamir was born a jew, he converted to Orthodox Christianity. I would too.....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Shamir

'Sharon's book is one of my most treasured books: hardbound, of course'

I would be happy to send you a copy of Mein Kampf: hardbound of course to put in your bookshelf next to sharon's book. Looks like the man of red meat in the end turned into a vegetable...a fitting end to the life of a war criminal...yah! smilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif
wisemann
written by João da Silva, February 25, 2012

I would be happy to send you a copy of Mein Kampf: hardbound of course to put in your bookshelf next to sharon's book.

Herr.Wisemann, what makes you to think Eddie doesn't have a leather bound copy of "Mein Kampf"? Every distinguished blogger in this site is aware that it is placed next to "Daas Kapital" and both the books are right in the center of his bookshelf.smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif

BTW, Herr.W, you seem to have the same reverence for Israel Shamir like Ricardo has for Geraldo Celente.smilies/shocked.gifsmilies/sad.gif
written by wisemann, February 26, 2012
'BTW, Herr.W, you seem to have the same reverence for Israel Shamir like Ricardo has for Geraldo Celente.'

No Joao, my only reverence is to ethics & honesty. I just like to point out the contridictions to the bogus zionist narrative & for that matter any bogus narrative that is 'spun' & sold as 'the truth' to the world's gullible masses. Its called being intellectually objective & honest. Herr Ederson was obfuscating the fact that Shamir was not a jew (by birth).......

Reply to Joao da Silva
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, February 27, 2012

Ricardo: Joao da Silva, I bought the hard copy of Gerald Celente's book “Trend Tracking” around 1990 when the book was first published.

I enjoyed reading that book, and Gerald Celente made a lot of sense regarding what he said on that book.

I even quoted from his book on my articles over the years.

I saw Gerald Celente being interviewed on TV here and there over the years, but only about one year ago I started watching him on a regular basis on the Alex Jones Show, and also on Russia Today – on YouTube.

Book: Trend Tracking (1990)
http://www.amazon.com/Trend-Tr...0446392871

Bio: Gerald Celente
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Celente

Trends Research Institute
http://www.trendsresearch.com/index.php

Joao, all I can say to you is that Gerald Celente is an excellent trends forecaster.

Reply to Joao da Silva

Ricardo: Gerald Celente was interviewed by Alex Jones a few days ago:

February 23, 2012

Austerity Measures = More Money for The Loan Sharks, The Money Changers! 1/3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTiOtrhHxUY

Austerity Measures = More Money for The Loan Sharks, The Money Changers! 2/3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h_paidTDTM

Austerity Measures = More Money for The Loan Sharks, The Money Changers! 3/3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRjnw_SQVtw

Reply to Joao da Silva

Ricardo: Muammar al-Gaddafi Religion was Sunni - Islam.

Sunni Islam
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunni_Islam

Ricardo Amaral
written by João da Silva, February 27, 2012

Joao da Silva, I bought the hard copy of Gerald Celente's book “Trend Tracking” around 1990 when the book was first published.

The issue is not about Geraldo, Ricardo, though I must confess I tried to bait you throwing in his name and Israel Shamir's!

My question to you is: Have you heard of this Israel Shamir? According to what I researched, this fella is a Russian born to Jewish parents. His original name was Izrail Schmerler and probably not baptized, because at that time U.S.S.R was atheist and the "State" looked down upon such ceremonies (?). He also seems to have several aliases and claims to have fought in the Yom Kippur war. I read he is a Swedish citizen now, besides holding his Russian passport also.

Somehow, he sounds like a "pavão" to me, though our friend Herr.Wisemann seems to hold him in the highest regards!!!!!!

Never mind. Have you read any of the books written by Israel Shamir and if so, what do you think of him as a Geopolitical "expert"?

BTW, IYO, the recent "attempt" on Putin was staged or real?smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gif
Reply to Joao da Silva
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, February 28, 2012

Ricardo: Joao, I never heard of Israel Shamir before - I don't waste too much of my time reading about the Israeli/Palestinian problem.

Israel does not have an incentive to come with a solution for the Israeli/Palestinian problem, because if they come up with a solution, then the gravy train from the United States would stop coming to Israel.

The gravy train is a major incentive to keep this crisis going forever, or until the gravy train stop coming to Israel.

Regarding Putin, I found this video on YouTube:

Putin assassination plan foiled by joint special forces op – February 27, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FTKIdUHTRU

Russian and Ukrainian special forces have foiled an assassination plot targeting Russia's Prime Minister Vladimir Putin. The suspects reportedly admitted planning to make their move in Moscow, right after Sunday's presidential ballot.

Regarding Argentina and the UK
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, March 02, 2012

Ricardo: The ball game has changed, but the US and the UK can't grasp what has been happening...

'UK unable to bully Argentina' – March 1, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntfvc608M4Q

Argentina has reportedly called on its industry and business leaders to stop importing British products, as tensions continue between the two countries over the disputed Malvinas Islands.

Interview with Rodney Shakespear, political analyst

'EU spending cuts deepening recession' – March 1, 2012
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tila6Thu2is

A prominent political analyst says public spending cutbacks in Europe are deepening the recession because money is taken out of the economy.

An interview with Chris Bambery, political analyst

Wilkerson: Iran 'Sanctions as Diplomacy Won't Work' – March 1, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/user/Th...u2is[url]

A prominent political analyst says public spending cutbacks in Europe are deepening the recession because money is taken out of the economy.

An interview with Chris Bambery, political analyst

[b]Wilkerson: Iran 'Sanctions as Diplomacy Won't Work' – March 1, 2012[/b]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAlyonaShow#p/u/3/t6GYpZFOQAI

Two more US soldiers were killed in Afghanistan by an Afghan soldier; this comes after the shooting deaths of four American soldiers last week. A new poll shows that 81% of Israelis are against a unilateral strike on Iran. And members of Congress are attempting to change the language in the NDAA that allows for the indefinite detention of US citizens, but why did they pass the bill in the first place? Retired Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson discusses.

Anti-Iran sanctions hurt West refineries – March 1, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EibRIwXi9fI

Regarding Argentina and the UK - and the other fiascos
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, March 02, 2012

Wilkerson: Iran 'Sanctions as Diplomacy Won't Work' – March 1, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6GYpZFOQAI

Two more US soldiers were killed in Afghanistan by an Afghan soldier; this comes after the shooting deaths of four American soldiers last week. A new poll shows that 81% of Israelis are against a unilateral strike on Iran. And members of Congress are attempting to change the language in the NDAA that allows for the indefinite detention of US citizens, but why did they pass the bill in the first place? Retired Colonel Lawrence Wilkerson discusses.

'EU spending cuts deepening recession' – March 1, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tila6Thu2is

"Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" is an enemy of Brazil and Brazilian companies - and they are professional saboteurs
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, March 03, 2012

Folha de Sao Paulo – March 3, 2012
“EUA sinalizam esforço para manter contrato com Embraer”

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/m...raer.shtml

March 3, 2012

SouthAmerica: Este artigo nao menciona que "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" was behind this cancellation.

Quoting from article: "Hawker Beechcraft, which is 49 per cent owned by Goldman Sachs, sued the US military, claiming that it was unfairly eliminated from the competition."

If "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" is involved in any business in Brazil that involves in any way the federal government, the states, or local government level - the Brazilian government should scrutinize and force the project to be canceled.

Keep in mind: at the end of the day "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" is an enemy of Brazil and Brazilian companies - they are professional saboteurs - just look what they did in Greece, and so on...

Financial Times (UK) - February 29, 2012
“US ditches contract to buy Brazilian attack aircraft”

By Joe Leahy in São Paulo

The US Air Force has abruptly cancelled an order for counterinsurgency aircraft from Brazil in a setback for military relations between the western hemisphere’s two most important powers.

The US Air Force said it was not satisfied with documentation supporting the decision to award the contract to US technology company Serra Nevada Corp and its partner Embraer, Brazil’s flagship aircraft producer.

It said it would investigate the decision to award the contract but did not give further details, including which party was allegedly at fault.

“While we pursue perfection, we sometimes fall short, and when we do we will take corrective action,” Michael Donley, air force secretary, said in a statement.

The contract for 20 Super Tucano light attack aircraft for use mainly in Afghanistan, while small by military standards with a value of $355m, was Embraer’s first major order with the US military.

The cancellation comes ahead of a planned visit by Dilma Rousseff, Brazil’s president, to Washington in April and amid fierce competition between Boeing of the US, France’s Dassault and Sweden’s Saab over a multibillion fighter jet contract to refurbish Brazil's air force.

“This is not good news for the Brazilian defence industry and it could sour talks on this front between [Barack] Obama and Dilma,” said João Augusto de Castro Neves, an analyst with Eurasia Group.

The US Air Force’s decision follows a bitter fight between the Sierra Nevada-Embraer partnership and rival Hawker Beechcraft over the contract, which had escalated into a public row over which programme would generate more jobs in the US.

Sierra Nevada and Embraer had promised to build the aircraft in Florida, pledging to use more than 70 US suppliers and create more than 1,200 US jobs.

But Hawker Beechcraft, which is 49 per cent owned by Goldman Sachs, sued the US military, claiming that it was unfairly eliminated from the competition.

The company greeted Tuesday's decision. “We commend the Air Force for this decision and we believe strongly it is the right thing for the Air Force, the taxpayers and the people of Hawker Beechcraft,” said Bill Boisture, chairman. “We look forward to competing for this contract as this important initiative moves forward.”

Kansas-based Hawker Beechcraft’s claims over the contract were championed by a local Republican, Mike Pompeo.

Hawker Beechcraft is struggling with a 47 per cent fall in the value of direct contracts with the Pentagon over the past two years, according to Bloomberg data. It fired 300 workers in November, citing difficult markets.

US diplomats in Brazil will be keen to reassure the Brazilian government the decision was based on technical issues to avoid clouding Boeing’s bid for the Brazilian fighter jet programme.

The Brazilian military has traditionally distrusted the US while Brazil’s leftwing politicians, including Ms Rousseff’s Workers’ party, have been known for their anti-US rhetoric.

But relations had been improving following a visit to Brazil last year by President Obama.

Brasília is also keen to court US support for Brazil’s bid for a permanent seat on the UN Security Council.

“This Embraer deal could have changed this attitude of benign indifference between the two sides. But now it looks like it might be back to square one,” said Mr Castro Neves.

Let's get this show on the road...

Ricardo: Here is an excellent discussion on this video.

At minute 22 of this video Max Keiser mentioned that they should arrest the “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” bankers immediately and they should take them to the Hague for a quick trial for all kinds of human rights abuses, and then they should be hanged.

I don't agree with Max Keiser on this one – we need to be more compassionate on this case and instead of hanging them we should use the Guillotine.

By using the Guillotine: it is a more humane way of taking care of these bankers – just line them up, and let's get this show on the road.

Deepening Dilemma-News Analysis – March 2, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQLab4AoNrQ

Time: 26 min.

Official figures of European Union show Eurozone unemployment rate has hit an all-time high of almost 11%. The figure reported for January, is the highest level since the introduction of the common currency in 1999.

The rate is 23.3% in Spain, almost 21% in Greece, 15% in Portugal, also 15% in Ireland and almost 7.5% in Germany. It means close to 17 million people were out of work in the first month of 2012, and that's on paper.

In this news analysis, we will take a closer look at the unemployment rate, especially amongst different age groups, and examine whether the Eurozone is doomed, and how it is casting a shadow over the world economy, and its recovery.

Goldman Sachs is it a Cancer or just a Parasite of the US financial system?

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...enumber=53

Ricardo Amaral
written by João da Silva, March 04, 2012
Hi Ricardo,

Here is an interesting link:

http://economia.estadao.com.br...4834,0.htm

Have you read about the "FMI dos BRICS" elsewhere?
Ban underlines need for concerted international effort to end the bloodshed in Syria
written by a.norlina, March 05, 2012
2 March 2012 UN News Centre – Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today underlined the need for concerted action to end the crisis in Syria, lamenting that the international community has thus far failed in its responsibility to stop the bloodshed in the country, where he said the Government was waging an “atrocious assault” against its own people.
“In fact, the actions – indeed, the inaction — of the international community seems to have encouraged the Syrian authorities in their brutal suppression of its citizens,” Mr. Ban said as he reported to the General Assembly on the implementation of its 16 February resolution on Syria.

That resolution strongly condemned the continued “widespread and systematic” human rights violations by the Syrian authorities and demanded that the Government immediately cease all violence and protect its people.

“Further militarization of the Syrian opposition is not the answer,” Mr. Ban told the Assembly.

“The international community must urgently find unity in pressing the Syrian authorities and all other parties to stop the violence. It must insist, with one voice, that the Syrian authorities give access to international humanitarian workers as an essential first step towards a peaceful solution,” he said.

The Secretary-General said that the newly-appointed Joint Special Envoy of the UN and the League of Arab States for Syria, Kofi Annan, will seek to end the violence and human rights violations, and promote a peaceful solution to the crisis.

Mr. Ban stressed the need to ensure that “there is only one track in the mediation process being undertaken by the international community. The way towards a peaceful solution of the Syrian crisis is difficult but clear,” he said.

“First, there should be an immediate end to the killings and violence. International relief workers must be allowed in. Second, there is a clear need for an inclusive political dialogue among all Syrian actors.

“The international community must align itself with the process led by the Joint Envoy. To succeed, he will need our full and undivided support. It is time for the international community to speak with one voice, loud and clear,” said Mr. Ban, adding that division could embolden the Syrian authorities “in their violent, dead-end path.”

Continued violence, Mr. Ban emphasized, risks plunging Syria into full civil war and sectarian strife that could haunt the country for generations.

“The stakes are high, above all for the people of Syria – but also for the international community. We must act, urgently and in concert,” he said.

He pointed out that disproportionate use of force by Syrian authorities had driven what had been largely peaceful opposition forces to resort to take up arms in some cases. The opposition’s firepower, however, appeared to be minimal compared to the heavy weapons being used by the Syrian army, the Secretary-General said.

Ambassador Bashar Ja’afari of Syria repeated his country’s rejection of the General Assembly resolution, saying it did not meet “the minimum requirements of diplomatic activities in the United Nations.”

He said the Syrian Government was not consulted and the drafters of the resolution “openly turned a blind eye to Syria’s reforms and the criminal activities undertaken by armed terrorist groups.”

Mr. Ja’afari said the Syrian opposition has been invited to “participate in authentic national dialogue,” and urged the UN to provide help that is “based on the Charter.”

In a related development, the Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) voiced alarm today over reports from the Baba Amro district of the Syrian city of Homs after it was taken over by Government forces yesterday, including unconfirmed allegations of 17 summary executions.

“Although we are not, at this point, in a position to confirm any of those reports, we would like to remind the authorities of their responsibilities under international law,” OHCHR spokesperson Rupert Colville told reporters in Geneva.

He warned against reprisals, summary executions, torture and arbitrary detention. “The rights of those who are detained must be respected. Enough crimes have already been committed in Syria over the past year. We urge the authorities to take immediate steps to ensure no more are committed now that they have taken control of Baba Amro,” Mr. Colville added.
Mr. Alex Gibson....just for your info
written by a.norlina, March 05, 2012
The President of Russia Vladimir Putin,has asked all opposition parties in Syria to drop down their weapons. According to the Russian president the key to peace and stability in Syria is by stopping all kinds of violence being committed by all opposition parties in Syria towards it's very own people. Mr Alex Gibson if you still remember that the CNN purposely censored Bashir Al - Assad statement to the US diplomats when he said "Only a crazy leader will kill his own people"...and the CNN simply freeze his statement with an advertisement.......
A.Norlina
written by João da Silva, March 05, 2012

Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today underlined the need for concerted action to end the crisis in Syria, lamenting that the international community has thus far failed in its responsibility to stop the bloodshed in the country, where he said the Government was waging an “atrocious assault” against its own people.

I am not sure if you understand our language, Norlinha. We have a name for people like Bang-ki-moon. It is called "Laranjas".smilies/wink.gifsmilies/cheesy.gifsmilies/grin.gif

Cheers.
Reply to Joao da Silva about the new BRIC'S Bank
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, March 06, 2012

Ricardo: Joao, thank you the that link regarding the BRIC'S Bank.

I started a new thread at the Elite Trader Economics Forum at:

BRIC'S - the new emerging world superpower
http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...did=238113

You will also enjoy watching the latest video from Pepe Escobar at:

Escobar: Putin not part of NWO, labelled evil by elites – March 5, 2012
http://youtu.be/7YY7tFfxT5w

Reply to Joao da Silva and Ederson
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, March 06, 2012

Ricardo: Joao, you and Ederson will enjoy reading my comments that I posted at the Charlie Rose Show regarding Israel, the United States, Iran and China.

Charlie Rose Show – March 2, 2012 - Interview with Shimon Peres President of Israel - about the Israel/Iran/USA current crisis.
http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/12202

Reply to Joao da Silva and Ederson
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, March 07, 2012

Ricardo: Joao da Silva and Ederson, I just posted this info at the Elite Trader Economics Forum:

March 7, 2012

SouthAmerica: Here is a rare type of economist with exceptional analytical skills who knows how to connect the dots of very complex systems regarding international macroeconomics and financial matters.

There is a very short list of economists that I pay any attention to what they say, and in my opinion, after listening to Satyajit Das (author of “Extreme Money”) talk a number of times, I believe that he is among the best economists and best minds on that field that we have today.

Keiser Report: Cosa Wallstra – March 6, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HloixPNGsgM

In this episode, Max Keiser and co-host, Stacy Herbert, discuss financial hermaphrodites opening their kimonos and JP Morgan swaps occupying Cassino, Italy.

In the second half of the show, Max talks to Satyajit Das, author of “Extreme Money,” about potemkin villages of credit derivatives and five-year plans for the world economy.

PS: By the way, they also mentioned on this videos the crooks from “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” and their usual shenanigans.

They also talked about the derivatives market and Wall Street financial innovations that are destroying the foundations of the world's social-economic and financial systems in one country after another.

I am sorry to say that, but companies such as "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" will destroy the Brazilian economic and financial system as they do in every place that these crooks do business.

I know well the Brazilian mentality and they a ripe for "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" to clean them up to the last dime.

It is a waste of time to bring that subject up here on Brazzil magazine, because the Brazilians from all kinds of corporations, and also the fools that work for the government at all levels are going to learn a lesson the hard way, when "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" turn Brazil and the entire financial system in Brazil into the chaos that we have today in Greece.

Brazilians should look at Greece to see what is in store for the future when you fools do any type of business with world-class crooks of companies such as "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People".

For "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" it will be like taking candy away from kids - and these guys are going to set up Brazil for a big fall as they everywhere they conduct business.

They are going to pillage everything in sight in Brazil, and the gullible Brazilians are going to bend over and let "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" do what they do best - they screw everybody that they do business with.

I can't be more clear than that about what is in store for Brazilians and the Brazilian economy with the compliments of "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" and their network of thieves.

Guys let's be the best or if not let's form a team ....
written by a.norlina, March 08, 2012
We can communicate online and still be alert about almost any mafias or even gangsters who are about to terrorize the weak, the defenseless or even the poor. Just drop your messages whenever you have any thoughts almost about anything for example you guys think that the US presidential campaign is not in good taste like the grapefruit of Florida. Oh! Yes speaking of Florida, guys do you know that the Genting Towkay is trying to open up the biggest casino in Latin America? Yes guys after uncle Fidel burnt down the last casino in Havana now the Chinese tycoon from my country is trying hard to buy land and even supporters among the politicians in Miami. The rich towkay now manage to buy land in Miami and just for your information the project in on the way. In my country the towkay trying to impress the Prime Minister with his school project....meanwhile in Miami Florida he is eyeing for the BIG BUCKS!!!!Michelle Yeoh.....where is 007 when we need him most?????
Charlie Rose interview with Jeffrey Goldberg and Dennis Ross about Israel/USA/Iran crisis
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, March 09, 2012

Charlie Rose interview with Jeffrey Goldberg and Dennis Ross about Israel/USA/Iran crisis
http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/12203

March 8, 2012

Ricardo wrote: You should not worry about Israel attacking Iran – it is just a strategy to make sure that when the United States government starts cutting their budget, they keep the gravy train coming to Israel right on schedule – this is an opportunity to sweet the “gravy train” even further for the next few years.

It is almost a sure bet that Barack Obama will be re-elected and will be the president of the United States for the next 4 years.

"Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" and their network of thieves
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, March 10, 2012

Ricardo: Regarding "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" and their network of thieves.

Bloomberg News March 5, 2012
Goldman Secret Greece Loan Shows Two Sinners as Client Unravels
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/...avels.html

Food News: Food crisis benefits Goldman Sachs: Food CHRISIS: Talk: Health News – March 3, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8myl6gW9q3w

Food News: Food crisis benefits Goldman Sachs: Food CRISIS: Talk: Health News

We're in the midst of a global food crisis — the second in three years. It's one factor fueling uprisings and protests in Tunisia, Egypt, and elsewhere. World food prices hit a record in January, driven by huge increases in the prices of wheat, corn, sugar and oils. Contributing Editor for Harper's Magazine Frederick Kaufman warns there's a direct link between the sky rocketing cost of food and Wall Street, particularly Goldman Sachs who own major shares of food commodities.

What Crime Haven't These Guys Committed – March 7, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGR6Uzspqho

Goldman Sachs Driving YRC Trucking Into Bankruptcy, Hoffa Says (55,000 employees at that time)

BANKS AND REHYPOTHECATION! - March 3, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXzKIKnsODU

How many paper assets have been double, triple, and n-counted (where n can be a number up to "infinity") by the infinitely daisy-chained modern global financial system in which one's liability is someone else's asset....apparently up to infinity times..

Engaging in hyper-hypothecation have been Goldman Sachs ($28.17 billion re-hypothecated in 2011),

Rothschild family, estimated fortune $270 Trillion

David Icke: Rothschilds Control The World – March 8, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_4XonNBacw

David identifies the real power; the mostly British based Rothschild family, estimated fortune $270 Trillion. The most powerful family in the world who rule by control over the worlds economy through their family and puppets like the Warbergs Schifs, Kuhn, Loeb, Goldman-Sachs and Rockefellers.

The Rothschilds control the international media through ownership of Reuters, AP (Associated Press) and many media interests. Hollywood through ownership of Viacom, Disney and other groups, and excercise social and political control through the many thousands of think-tanks, so-called 'human rights' orgs and community orgs they either started or fund all the way from the UN, Trilateral commission, CFR, Bilderberg, the control of all major Western political parties and parliaments, and they reserve the final say above all parliaments, senate and congress over issues such as mass-immigration, globalist and internationalist union and the legal systems of the West.

The Bundesbank is reportedly reviewing its gold reserves

Capital Account – March 7, 2012
Super Tuesday a "Super Letdown" as America realizes that her Presidential Candidates "Just Suck"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJHoODQL6sA

Welcome to Capital Account. Super Tuesday came and went, and if anything it seems more like a super letdown. As the economy dominates the agenda this election year, voters have failed to flock to the one candidate who actually has a long-term view and addresses concerns of sound money and monetary policy, and represents a shift from the status quo. Why? Are voters stupid? Does "the public suck" as George Carlin famously said? We find it hard to believe that Americans, after years of being fooled and lied to by politicians, dragged to war on false intelligence, forced to hand over their savings so bankers like Jamie Dimon and Lloyd Blankfein could continue to make millions of dollars hand over fist are still willing to get up off their butts and go vote for another batch of politicians who plan on doing THE EXACT SAME THING. Insanity by definition...we ask our guest Dr. Paul Craig Roberts what he though about yesterday's "democratic" outcome and what he thinks this says not just about the candidates, but about the public.

Meanwhile, Germany does seem to be taking a cue from one republican presidential hopeful -- Ron Paul -- who has long called for an audit of the US's gold reserves. The Bundesbank is reportedly reviewing its gold reserves. Are they taking stock in case of a eurozone collapse? Anyone who has read Jim Rickards' "Currency Wars," knows very well that if things escalate dramatically gold may be a country's only salvation from total currency collapse. The Germans may finally be catching on to this reality, and stocking up for that rainy day...

Pepe Escobar: US and NATO don't care that Libya is splintered – March 9, 2012

Pepe Escobar: US and NATO don't care that Libya is splintered – March 9, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YH3RRk0_Ox0

Tribal leaders in the Eastern region of Libya have proclaimed their area a new state which will come with its own parliament and police force. But Libya's National Transitional Council has said it will do everything in its power to keep the country together and the NTC leader is even willing to use military force. So as Libya struggles to keep its stability why would the US consider intervening in Syria? Pepe Escobar, an Asia Times correspondent, joins us with his take.

Regarding "Goldman Sachs the Pillage People" and their network of thieves
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, March 14, 2012

Ricardo: On Tuesday, March 13, 2012 the “Financial Times (UK) had a front page article: “Whistleblowers pipe up as tip-offs on white crime begin to pay”.

The article said: “Company informants tempted by the prospect of multimillion dollar payouts are rushing to US regulators with audio recordings and internal documents to take the advantage of a new programme that can make whistleblowing on wrongdoing lucrative, lawyers and regulators say.

Many of the complaints, lawyers say, involve allegations of accounting fraud and foreign bribery at financial and industrial companies. Others include allegations of market manipulation or other crimes by hedge funds and private equity firms.

Under the programme, created by the 2010 Dodd_Frank law, any person who reports a credible tip or complaint can qualify for 10 per cent to 30 per cent of the amount that the Securities and Exchange Commission recovers through the courts or a settlement. That could result in a big payday for an informant who uncovers a fraud that leads to a multimillion dollar settlement....

I wonder how much money “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” will have to payout in new settlements regarding this new US government programme?

Eventually, people will come out of the woodwork to claim their rewards and expose the “Goldman Sachs the Pillage People” shenanigans from around the world.

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...enumber=55

The New York Times – March 14, 2012
“Why I Am Leaving Goldman Sachs”
By: Greg Smith

TODAY is my last day at Goldman Sachs. After almost 12 years at the firm — first as a summer intern while at Stanford, then in New York for 10 years, and now in London — I believe I have worked here long enough to understand the trajectory of its culture, its people and its identity. And I can honestly say that the environment now is as toxic and destructive as I have ever seen it.

To put the problem in the simplest terms, the interests of the client continue to be sidelined in the way the firm operates and thinks about making money. Goldman Sachs is one of the world’s largest and most important investment banks and it is too integral to global finance to continue to act this way. The firm has veered so far from the place I joined right out of college that I can no longer in good conscience say that I identify with what it stands for.

It might sound surprising to a skeptical public, but culture was always a vital part of Goldman Sachs’s success. It revolved around teamwork, integrity, a spirit of humility, and always doing right by our clients. The culture was the secret sauce that made this place great and allowed us to earn our clients’ trust for 143 years. It wasn’t just about making money; this alone will not sustain a firm for so long. It had something to do with pride and belief in the organization. I am sad to say that I look around today and see virtually no trace of the culture that made me love working for this firm for many years. I no longer have the pride, or the belief.

But this was not always the case. For more than a decade I recruited and mentored candidates through our grueling interview process. I was selected as one of 10 people (out of a firm of more than 30,000) to appear on our recruiting video, which is played on every college campus we visit around the world. In 2006 I managed the summer intern program in sales and trading in New York for the 80 college students who made the cut, out of the thousands who applied.

I knew it was time to leave when I realized I could no longer look students in the eye and tell them what a great place this was to work.

When the history books are written about Goldman Sachs, they may reflect that the current chief executive officer, Lloyd C. Blankfein, and the president, Gary D. Cohn, lost hold of the firm’s culture on their watch. I truly believe that this decline in the firm’s moral fiber represents the single most serious threat to its long-run survival.

Over the course of my career I have had the privilege of advising two of the largest hedge funds on the planet, five of the largest asset managers in the United States, and three of the most prominent sovereign wealth funds in the Middle East and Asia. My clients have a total asset base of more than a trillion dollars. I have always taken a lot of pride in advising my clients to do what I believe is right for them, even if it means less money for the firm. This view is becoming increasingly unpopular at Goldman Sachs. Another sign that it was time to leave.

How did we get here? The firm changed the way it thought about leadership. Leadership used to be about ideas, setting an example and doing the right thing. Today, if you make enough money for the firm (and are not currently an ax murderer) you will be promoted into a position of influence.

What are three quick ways to become a leader? a) Execute on the firm’s “axes,” which is Goldman-speak for persuading your clients to invest in the stocks or other products that we are trying to get rid of because they are not seen as having a lot of potential profit. b) “Hunt Elephants.” In English: get your clients — some of whom are sophisticated, and some of whom aren’t — to trade whatever will bring the biggest profit to Goldman. Call me old-fashioned, but I don’t like selling my clients a product that is wrong for them. c) Find yourself sitting in a seat where your job is to trade any illiquid, opaque product with a three-letter acronym.

Today, many of these leaders display a Goldman Sachs culture quotient of exactly zero percent. I attend derivatives sales meetings where not one single minute is spent asking questions about how we can help clients. It’s purely about how we can make the most possible money off of them. If you were an alien from Mars and sat in on one of these meetings, you would believe that a client’s success or progress was not part of the thought process at all.

End of Part 1 of 2

Part 2 of 2

It makes me ill how callously people talk about ripping their clients off. Over the last 12 months I have seen five different managing directors refer to their own clients as “muppets,” sometimes over internal e-mail. Even after the S.E.C., Fabulous Fab, Abacus, God’s work, Carl Levin, Vampire Squids? No humility? I mean, come on. Integrity? It is eroding. I don’t know of any illegal behavior, but will people push the envelope and pitch lucrative and complicated products to clients even if they are not the simplest investments or the ones most directly aligned with the client’s goals? Absolutely. Every day, in fact.

It astounds me how little senior management gets a basic truth: If clients don’t trust you they will eventually stop doing business with you. It doesn’t matter how smart you are.

These days, the most common question I get from junior analysts about derivatives is, “How much money did we make off the client?” It bothers me every time I hear it, because it is a clear reflection of what they are observing from their leaders about the way they should behave. Now project 10 years into the future: You don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out that the junior analyst sitting quietly in the corner of the room hearing about “muppets,” “ripping eyeballs out” and “getting paid” doesn’t exactly turn into a model citizen.

When I was a first-year analyst I didn’t know where the bathroom was, or how to tie my shoelaces. I was taught to be concerned with learning the ropes, finding out what a derivative was, understanding finance, getting to know our clients and what motivated them, learning how they defined success and what we could do to help them get there.

My proudest moments in life — getting a full scholarship to go from South Africa to Stanford University, being selected as a Rhodes Scholar national finalist, winning a bronze medal for table tennis at the Maccabiah Games in Israel, known as the Jewish Olympics — have all come through hard work, with no shortcuts. Goldman Sachs today has become too much about shortcuts and not enough about achievement. It just doesn’t feel right to me anymore.

I hope this can be a wake-up call to the board of directors. Make the client the focal point of your business again. Without clients you will not make money. In fact, you will not exist. Weed out the morally bankrupt people, no matter how much money they make for the firm. And get the culture right again, so people want to work here for the right reasons. People who care only about making money will not sustain this firm — or the trust of its clients — for very much longer.

Greg Smith is resigning today as a Goldman Sachs executive director and head of the firm’s United States equity derivatives business in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03...ml?_r=1&hp

How Max Keiser started a Central Bank gold stampede
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, March 15, 2012

Ricardo: For the last year and half I have been suggesting that the Brazilian Central Bank get ride off about US$ 300 billion dollars of US dollar foreign currency reserves and replace it with gold reserves.

How Max Keiser started a Central Bank gold stampede
http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/...enumber=95

Keiser Report: White Man's Debt Burden – March 13, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKyFhx9vakY

In this episode, Max Keiser and co-host Stacy Herbert discuss how a video not featuring Justin Bieber went viral and how Max Keiser started a gold stampede. They also talk about "the white man's debt burden" of Uganda's resources and Afghanistan's "crony capitalism".

In the second half of the show, Max talks to David Morgan about silver circles, ounces and manipulation.

Gold Reserve
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_reserve

...It has been estimated that all the gold mined by the end of 2009 totaled 165,000 tonnes.

At a price of US$1900 per troy ounce, reached in September 2011, one tonne of gold has a value of approximately US$61.1 million.

The total value of all gold ever mined would exceed US$10.1 trillion at that valuation.

Note: I remember reading an article many years ago in one of the major Brazilian magazines that said that most the gold that ended in Europe in the 1700's came from Brazil.

List of countries by foreign exchange reserves
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F...e_reserves

Foreign exchange reserves:

Brazil = US$ 357 billion dollars (March 2012)

Congratulations to Guido Mantega - Brazil's Finance Minister
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, March 20, 2012

Ricardo: Guido Mantega is doing all the right things moves to protect manufacturing jobs in Brazil.

Brazil vows to Protect Manufacturing – March 20, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3_-oj-a0jk

Without a strong manufacturing sector - a country is screwed. How is Brazil working to protect it's economy - and can America do the same thing?

written by Nicholas (usa_male), March 20, 2012
"and can America do the same thing?"

Sure they can do it, but there is no will and it's majority of those outsourced manufacturing jobs are NOT comming back (because of many reasons include regulations and higher salaries). Let's be honest too about, most of the chumps here LOVE and DEMAND cheap (of course made in China) Ipads and Iphones. Soon or later they can also kiss the good old BOEING jobs goodbye.
US heading for sharecropper society
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, March 21, 2012

Ricardo: Nicholas (usa_male), according to Warren Buffett the US is heading for sharecropper society.

Berkshire Hathaway annual letter to investors in March 2005

Warren Buffett, one of the world's most successful investors, has launched his most withering attack to date on the US trade deficit, describing Americans as "rich spending junkies" who could turn into a nation of "sharecroppers".

In his annual letter to investors in Berkshire Hathaway, the fund he has run for more than 30 years, Mr Buffett painted a bleak picture of a future US in which ownership and wealth had continued to move overseas, leaving the economy in thrall to foreign interests and faced with financial turmoil and political unrest.

Mr. Buffet's remarks go on:

...A country that is now aspiring to an "Ownership Society" will not find happiness in - and I'll use hyperbole here for emphasis - a "Sharecropper's Society." But that's precisely where our trade policies, supported by Republicans and Democrats alike, are taking us.

The Republican Party solution for the United States regarding its Medicare and Medicaid programs
written by Ricardo C. Amaral, March 21, 2012

Ricardo: Here is the Republican Party solution for the United States regarding its Medicare and Medicaid programs.

Here is what is in store for American senior citizens in the coming years:

America The Beautiful
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGnE83A1Z4U

Write comment

security code
Write the displayed characters

busy

Joomla 1.5 Templates by Joomlashack