Tad

an observer

11/14/2002
17:40:53
RE: children in Brazil
IP: Logged

Are you Brazilian?

Do you have any rights in Brazil?

How good is your relationship with your "ex-wife's parents"?

Are you sure your "ex-wife's parents" intend to return your child to the USA?

Will Brazilian courts respect your claims as the adult responsible for the children if your "ex-wifes parents" refuse to return the children"?

Patinho

11/14/2002
21:53:45

yea.. I wouldn't worry so much about the safety and food and all that....millions of toddlers survive everyday in Brazil... the guy above has got the real questions.

Phil

11/15/2002
10:37:50

yeah, how well do you trust the inlaws...3 and 6? There's no way you could wage a court battle from the US to get them back...but if the in-laws are totally grounded to the US...then no problema...your mind must be torn if you feel this is a gamble...on the other hand raised in Brasil in at least the middle class would be a fantastic experience with ability to return to the USA whenever, and your kids speaking fluent Brasileira ready to do business in the 2 giants of the Americas. It could be good if you can freely travel to see them and don't mind missing out on raising them yourself.

As to fighting for children after the fact it's hard enough from Northern to Southern California, much less Miami to San Francisco or Seattle to Sao Paulo.

Why not go with them? But very important is to get their pictures on your passport before they leave, apparently there is power of control over a parent having their kids pics offically registered to them in their, the parent's passport. That way if some difficultly arose you could fly in get help, scoop your kids and the airline and government departure authorities in Brasil and US entry would be duck soup w/out restriction...perhaps.
Best to you...from Phil...lost 2 daughters interstate; now grown w/out respect for Pop.

Mark
 Email

11/15/2002
10:44:43

1. I am the father of 3 Br. children now trapped in Br.

2. Br. has a Federal Law that does not allow Br.children under the age of 10 to leave BR. legally without the written approval of the mother & father (or their respective families if the mother/father is unable to respond). It may be possible for your children to enter and not leave until they are 10 years or older.

3. Sept, 2002...BBC...Rio worse than most war zones for children. If you want to find out about Br. go to Human Rights Watch with the American State Dept and Amnesty International & UN. Then make your decision based on facts.

4. My children are American \ Brazilian. They are trapped in Brazil until age 10. I have had to buy a house, hire a live-in nanny, lose US$350,000.00 and spend little time with them due to my employment constrictions. I regret going to Brazil.

5. In the last couple of years 60 minutes \ Dateline have begun to publicize the facts about American children being held in other countries when they have a parent that wants them out of the country. It is very discouraging.
Often what happens is one divoraced parent wants the child to visit the country and later will not return the child. The American Consulate does little if anything. One issue is common...no matter how poorly some of these countries stack up against the USA the world (court judges) opinion is that the USA is worse than their country. They get very selective media coverage of the problems in the USA.

Many Brazilians believe that the USA is more violent than Br...not true statisticlly.
Especially not true if you factor in the fact that black males in America are responsible for 50% of all crime.
Black people are only 12% of the population.
Extrapolate out black males between the ages 12-50 and you probably have 4% of the American population responsible for 50% of the crime.
These are facts.
Outside of these indivuiduals your probability of being a victim of crime in America is drasticly reduced.

In Br. if your childlren are not known to be the children of an American their safety is enhanced, kdnapping there is a lucrative industry.
If your children are kept away from the favelas their chances of avoiding crime is enhanced.

From my 10 years in Bazil, one thing is clear to me, personal security is greatly diminished.

In Brazil the Brazilian Police are the terrorist's.

Good luck.

tad
 Email

11/15/2002
12:26:25

I thank each of you for taking the time to reply. I am not so
concerned about the in-laws keeping the children and not
returning, as risk of crime, kidnapping, etc. They are only
going for 1 week. The way I see it, however, is that there is
not a lot of benefit to them going to Brazil; they are too young
to enjoy or even remember much of the trip even if they have a
wonderful experience. Without their mother or father with
them, their sense of security would be less, more chances for
something to go wrong. so I said no. Maybe another time,
when I can go with them.

africanamericanmale

11/17/2002
16:29:16

@Mark - As an African-American male intimately involved in social issues in Brazil (Instituto Promundo in Rio, several in Salvador) and who knows too well the crimes committted by 'white' foreigners against the disadvantaged in Brazil you had a hard time getting my sympathies...thought I tried. Your last bigoted comment sealed it for me.

First of all - crime is not a condition of race.

Years ago in America we called the police vans "paddy wagons" because crime was considered the characteristic of the Irish - derogatorily called "paddies" by the White Anglo Saxon Protestant (WASPs) in America.

That was wrong. The Irish were the poorest in America and despised by the WASPs.

There is a movie coming out next month called GANGS OF NEW YORK which will explain that era.

Later, crime was considered the characteristic of the Italian. That was wrong. They were the poorest of the poor and despised by the WASPS and the Irish. Then the Italians changed their names from Andrisanni to Andrews and called themselves white.

Crime, then as now, is a condition of poverty and social disenfranchisement of the poor. And then, there is another crime, which is a condition of greed and bigotry. White collar crime and sexual predators. Each type as disastrous upon people as the other.

Secondly - There are many types of crime. You conveniently made the statement "blacks are responsible for 50% of the crime" and then "that is a fact".

If you mean that a "percentage" of young black men commit 50% of the homicides - that is correct.

It is horrendous. Mostly black on black crime. Mostly commited in their neighborhood. Not too dissimilar from the warrings in some favelas.

I have no arguement with that. Whites commit approximately 40% of the murders in America. About 90 percent of young blacks kill other young black males in crowded urban cities. Only about 17% of Black people in America live in urban cities (Did you know that).

Here are the other crimes in America

AGGRAVATED ASSAULT

Whites 60% - Blacks 38%

BURGLARY

Whites 67% - Blacks 23%

LARCENY THEFT

Whites 65% - Blacks 32%

CAR THEFT

Whites 58% - Blacks 38%

ARSON

Whites 74% - Blacks 24%

I will not mention the crimes of pedophilia, child abduction and rape. Needless to say, if you eliminate all of the white men in America you would also eliminate most of these two crimes.

And if you eliminate most white men from Brazil you would eliminate a major cause of the CRIME of pedophilia.

Nothing to smile about.

But the truth is....white men don't commit pedophilia because they are white.

Murder is not commited because a person is black.

Keep things in context, sir!

Here's where statistics don't mean crap. These are the worst figures (available on the Department of Justices's site) based upon a racist police force and justice system that vigorously goes after blacks rather than whites.

Crime statistics are only the results of who the police decide to chase and catch.

For example - any sociologist knows that the users of crack and cocaine are about 70% white (from the city and suburbs). Yet about 65% of the arrests for possession of crack and cocaine are black. No one wants to admit to the problem in America's suburbs. It is one of the reasons that property crimes and highest among white. That is also the reason why the television ads against drug possession currently on television is targeting the white middle class. (these are the ones that show the connection between their using drugs and the death of families in Columbia and Mexico).

In the urban cities the crimes of cocaine are mostly the crimes of poverty...not of race.

Show me any poor area where the civic governments have not heard their voices and I will show you crime.

The poor Chicanos in Austin Texas who top the crime list.

The poor whites in Tennessee and Kentucky who top the crime list.

And then the blacks in the inner city who, in your post, is your only focus.

I've seen the way that National Storm and other white hate groups also manipulate crime statistics for their own purpose.

Peace to You

ps - there are holes in your story. I'm just not interested enough to point them out.

A poor guy

11/17/2002
22:20:54

So it would be fair to say that poor people commit the most crimes, regardless of race?

Holy shit! Stay away from those poor people!!!

africanamericanmale

11/18/2002
04:29:48

Perhaps I should not have used the word 'disenfranchisement'. It obviously is too big a word for you. I'll try to use smaller words since you don't seem to have done too well on the portion of the S.A.Ts that measure reading comprehension.

There are poor people all over this world who struggle silently and valiantly to achieve better for their families. My mother and father and grandparents were poor.

But...now listen carefully...when they are "disenfranchised"...that means 1) "kept out of the system" 2) "looked down upon" 3) harassed by police 4) given little to no educational opportunities 5) robbed by interest rates of 25 to 50 percent.

When it is clear that the society will not reward no amount of honest effort then and still then....the majority will suffer quietly. But they will suffer.

And a SMALL part of that group will will rebel. According to Frantz Fanon (hate to get deep on you) but get someone to help you understand this)...according to Frantz Fanon the anger of the poor will first be directed against themselves.

Even still the society turns a deaf ear as they feed upon themselves. Only when that anger is directed outside does society listen.

Finally I stated....listen carefully....I'll try to use one syllable words....that there are crimes not commited by the poor but by the greedy.

Greedy for money...greedy for sex...greedy for power. Willing to exploit anyone.

Middle class crimes.
Upper class crimes.

That type of crime is enormously greater than anything done by that small percent of poor people.

Did you get that part? I know...it hurts your brain...but try.

I am in Germany much. The poor white youths from East Germany are disenfranchised and spend much of their begging at Alexanderplatz. They also are known to commit crimes.

They are no different than the poor black and colored youths in Bangu (near Rio) the majority of whom struggle each day to make ends meet. But when they are robbed (by the police) after a day of honestly selling fruits many of them turn to the 'commandos' to get things illegaly. (this...I know!)

Okay...enough. Read this carefully. Respond carefully.

blame canada

11/18/2002
09:07:31

this is getting interesting. I'm your basic lillywhite middle class american guy, and I occaisionally have drunken arguments with my racist friends (yes, I know, I shouldn't have friends like that but I do...),

when the subject of black crime comes up, it's always "why are there so many blacks in prison, why do they commit all the violent crimes, etc. etc. And how come other poor groups can come into this country and make a go of it without these problems. Like the Koreans, Chinese, etc. Aren't they just as disenfranchised?

what does the black man say to that?

africanamericanmale

11/18/2002
15:07:25

The criminal Chinese are in jail in China.
The criminal Koreans are in jail in Korea.
And so on.......

Just as African-Americans go to Paris and are more successful than the poor French who are there.

And to Germany and are more successful than the poor East Germans

And to London and are more successful than the people from Brixon.

The point being what! exactly.

First of all the premise of your 'friends' questions are flawed.

1) Whenever a question uses the word 'all' it is a losing proposition. Blacks don't commit all or most of the crime in America.

2) The community of Chinese in America has its abject poverty in their community. It is a myth or ignorance that they don't. They have their educational failures. And whether you know it or not have a very vicious criminal underworld that preys upon other Chinese. Particularly American born Asians who form gangs and prey upon the newly arrived Asians.

Same for the Koreans.
Same for the Vietnamese.

For the 'etc' part of the question...you have to take each 'etc' one by one. Would take too long.

3) The second part of the incorrect premise of your 'friends' questions is that African-Americans are not doing well. Fact of the matter 77% of African-Americans are either Upper, middle, or working class in America. They are the fastest growing home ownership group, fastet growing investment clubs. This I know, as a member of the National Black MBA Association (Philadelphia Chapter).

The issue of my people is that there is a 25-28% 'underclass' and that number has not changed in decades. They are mostly in the cities (though a small percentage live in rural areas).

It would take too long to explain this. But from 1910 through the 1960's there was a forced migration of African-Americans from the South to the North because of the Ku Klux Klan and Jim Crow and the lynchings by 'your' people in the South.

Before that Black Holocaust we created 55 universities (Tuskegee, Benedict, Allen, Bishop, Hamption) including one of the best medical schools in the country (Meharry). Then now, crime was never an issue in our communities.

Two things happened in the cities. 1) Our artisans, (carpenters, bricklayers, roofers, etc) were not allowed entry into the Italian, Polish, etc unions that controlled labor in the North. These unions were a primary means by way immigrant families left poverty and entered the middle class. and 2) Blacks left all black communities and became dependent upon white electoral politics.

In assimilating into a white power base we lost the control to determine our own destinies.

That persists today.

You may not like this but be objective and think about this. The primary means that many immigrant communities survive is by separation. They form coalitions among themselves. They hire themselves. (The Koreans are famous for this). The East Indians are great for this.

This is what African-Americans did to great success and when we suggest that this is the best way to go now (which is what Farrakhan, Malcolm X and others suggest) some of your 'friends' yell against them.

Assimilation, without creating a power base among your people, creates beggars. Whether to the Republicans or the Democrats. Two sides of the same ass.

The biggest problem in America is that your friends ask the questions that they ask you. My friends ask "why are all white people racists" or "why do ALL white men screw babies" and instead of you or me challenging the assumptions of our friends we buy into the false stereotypes.

Most people are humans beings who desire to live in a world where they are appreciated for the they work that they do, where they can findd a mate who loves them. Where they can win the admiration of their parents and their children.

That is the basics of humans beings. Before I condemn any group of people I assume that they, in their hearts, want these things also.

The whites in Appalachia.
The favelados in Bangu.
The chicanos in Austin
The Palestinians.
The young black boy in New York.

Then I determine what in the system is destroying that human dream. Rarely will it be their race.

Try it sometimes. It will solve a world of problems.

Peace

Tad
 Email

11/19/2002
07:10:14

Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high
Where knowledge is free
Where the world has not been broken up into fragments
By narrow domestic walls
Where words come out from the depth of truth
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection
Where the clear stream of reason has not lost its way
Into the dreary desert sand of dead habit
Where the mind is led forward by thee
Into ever-widening thought and action
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake.

Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941), Gitanjali, 1912.

blame Canada

11/19/2002
07:40:29

Hey, thanks for the great answer. It seems you think my ‘friends’ were just a device I made up, but I promise you, it’s not. I actually do have a couple of drinking buddies who are decent people, but complete assholes when it comes to race. It’s not a subject I give a lot of thought to, to be honest, it only comes up with these two idiots, and usually only after too much alcohol.

When my pals go off on ugly racist tirades, I am
always arguing your side, but I haven’t given it the kind of thought you have, so I didn’t have any ammo to blast back at them. You gave me
a bazooka full. In fact, I think I’ll send them both a copy of your response.

And I think I need to find a better class of drunks to hang out with!

SOE JINN

11/19/2002
09:56:01

The thinking process of racist White Americans is disgusting to watch. Furthermore, racist White thinking is a disease of this planet that may one day destroy everything through GREED WARS, genetic wars, and the destruction of nature/the environment.

Now to your racist comments about Black Americans...

. The majority of Black crimes are against OTHER BLACKS and DO NOT INVOLVE WHITES. Most Black crimes are related to poverty and poor self-image. Most of the psycho/crazy/SICK crimes involve WHITE MALES.

. WHITES commit the MAJORITY OF CRIMES AGAINST OTHER WHITES. If you are White and a victim of a crime than 90% the time it was ANOTHER WHITE that victimized you. The majority of MURDERS/SERIAL MURDERS, RAPES, etc... against whites are done by OTHER WHITES.

. 90% of the U.S. Police force, lawyers, and judges (like 95%) are WHITES (usually White males). Blacks do not have an equal defense against racist White males that take advantage of the courts system to ATTACK POOR BLACKS with NO money or proper legal help to defend themselves.

. To HIDE their CRIMES AGAINST BLACK AMERICANS, WHITE AMERICANS use LIES AND FALSE INFORMATION. If you STUDY THE FBI FACTS and are not BLIND from RACISM than you will find out the truth.

The thoughts process, GREED, and racism of White America is why more and MORE people throughout the world are starting to turn against.

When American stops the GREED and RACISM than it can be a true world leader, until then many will see the U.S. as another greedy empire or worse.

Fact: Nazi Germany's views on race were IMPORTED FROM THE U.S.

Anonymous

11/19/2002
12:05:35

Another raving lunitic has joined the ranks.

Mark
 Email

11/19/2002
13:41:18

It is amazing that when I repeated a statistic I personally have not researched (blame the American media) ya'll got so excited.
This discussion has little to do with the point. Start your own thread.

I just went back and read what I wrote. I think perhaps you missed my point or I did not express it well.
First, I was pointing out to the concerned father thinking about letting his children go to Br. the ease most Americans of all races have at recognizing that they are amongst a poplulation that is more likely to perform criminal acts that they are convicted of later (as a percentage of the total polulation...black men) than other people. Because they are stupid criminals ? Impulsive...did not plan?

The reason for stating this was for the father to understand as most Americans do that differentiating between the "generally safe people" and those that we should be wary of in America is made easier by this staistic.

In Br. this differentiation is much more difficult in my experience. Re-read those words folks...in my experience.
In Br. this mans children generally speaking are at a greater risk of danger because of the inability to differentiate (again generally speaking) between those inclined to be decent & honest and those that are the opposite.
Am I at all clear?

The sensitivty of one person regarding the fact (reported by the media) that I repeated that approx. 4% of the the American population is responsible for 50% of the crime is not germain.

The man above (calling himself Black) gave statistics showing that Black men are not equal to 50% of the problem in many categories, he is correct, I never stated this, but was the fact lost on anyone that when you look at the incidence of conviction compared to the fact that they are only 4% of the American population the numbers are quite high?
I am not celebrating this, contrary to some of the attitudes expressed here.
I was trying to make a point with the father that his BR. father & mother in-law are likely to have a more difficult time protecting his children.
Especially given the fact that ralativley speaking Americans are wealthier than Br's.

I believe in Br. the different races fornicate and produce children at a greater rate than in America.Therefore, the criminals come in all many more colors than say...England or America. You cannot as easily protect yourself in BR. based on those that are melanoma challenged.

That was it.
All of ya'll that jumped to the conclusion that I am a racist pig...well...that speaks about your predilection to judge and your arrogance to belittle and insult.
Was this not another example of someone attacking without fully understanding.

If martins with pink poc-a-dots invaded Peru tomorrow, and 50% of all martins masturbated in public, would those parents that shied away from the strange martins that they did not personally know be racist ?
Or protective of their only loved children.
That was the mans question.
Anyway, ya'll take it easy and relax a bit.

SOE JINN

11/20/2002
00:31:12

Mark, I tried to make it real simple for you, but your White American racist thinking makes it difficult for LOGIC. I will try one more time to help you, but I’m sure you will continue to justify your racist beliefs to yourself and distort facts to justify White racism. Just remember that your White racist beliefs and reality are 2 separate issues. Mark, your comments were racist for the following reasons:

. The comments you made about Black Americans were uncalled for because Tad was talking about the safety of his children in San Paulo, which has NOTHING, NOTHING do with Black Americans. You attempted to make a connection, based on obvious racial thinking and SKIN COLOR, in order to link Black American men with crime IN BRAZIL. Not only is this in “bad taste”, but you blatantly attempted to misuse FBI statistics.

. You insinuated that in order to avoid crime all Americans have to do is avoid Black American men. You also insinuated that Americans can recognize likely criminals by race.

Now I will attempt to make this clear to your racist mind, even though you are trying to avoid acknowledging your racist thinking, examine the following arguments:

. The majority of Black American crime is against OTHER Black Americans and are about POVERTY and DRUGS in the Black American (are they really American to various Whites?) community. Black on Black crime DOES NOT AFFECT WHITES.

. Using FBI crime statistics for Blacks is WRONG. Mark if you want to try to prove a racist point than you would have to use INTER-RACIAL crime statistics or Black crime AGAINST Whites MINUS (remember to do this part) White Crime AGAINST Blacks. If a White racist ever decided to do such research than you will find out that the biggest factor in CRIME is POVERTY and lack of jobs as oppose to SKIN COLOR/RACE.

. Even if you took all of the Black American males out of the U.S. The WHITE ON WHITE crime rate would be nearly the SAME. It would decrease by only around 5% .

90% PLUS of WHITE victims of crime are victimized by OTHER WHITES.

. Numerous statistical evidence shows that the 95% level of WHITE lawyers and judges, poverty, and combine this with racist White American views are responsible for the high conviction rates of Black American males. For the SAME or same type of crimes Black Americans males are given GREATER punishments and LONGER prison sentences. Black American males can not afford to PAY LAWYERS to PREVENT them from going to jail or lessen their sentences.

. The higher Black American conviction rates are based on the amount MONEY they have to defend themselves legally.

If you look at the ARREST rates and the level of those ACCUSED of committing crimes than you will find a HUGE number of WHITES who find LOOPHOLES to avoid being convicted.

Brazil, Race, and Crime:

The biggest factor in crime is POVERTY and LACK OF JOBS. Unlike Mark, the commentator called “A Poor Guy” understands what is going on. White racist try to make crime seem like a RACE issue because they are trying to PROTECT White privilege, White institutional “inside” connections, White GREED for gaining UNFAIR access to Jobs, education, etc...

This is the last time I will post on this topic and I may make this a new topic in the future. Feel free to make this a new topic if you want to. People of color and progressive Whites all through out the world are learning the “tricks” of White racist ideology and learning there is only one race… THE HUMAN RACE.

For the original poster:

There is no way for Tad to escape from Brazil’s or the U.S. race/ethnic situation. Putting your head in the ground like an Ostrich will NOT work. Race and ethnic diversity is EVERYWHERE in Brazil. If anything Tad, even you Mark, should fight for HUMAN RIGHTS and FAIR TREATMENT for all people regardless of skin color or ethnic group. Fighting for Human rights will help Tad's children in the future. Being a White racist makes the situation worse and continues “the problem”.

I believe the best solution is for Tad to spend his money in a way that benefits his children. Tad needs to know good locations, good schools, where is good food, etc…

SOE JINN

11/20/2002
00:33:19

Mark, I tried to make it real simple for you, but your White American racist thinking makes it difficult for LOGIC. I will try one more time to help you, but I’m sure you will continue to justify your racist beliefs to yourself and distort facts to justify White racism. Just remember that your White racist beliefs and reality are 2 separate issues. Mark, your comments were racist for the following reasons:

. The comments you made about Black Americans were uncalled for because Tad was talking about the safety of his children in San Paulo, which has NOTHING, NOTHING do with Black Americans. You attempted to make a connection, based on obvious racial thinking and SKIN COLOR, in order to link Black American men with crime IN BRAZIL. Not only is this in “bad taste”, but you blatantly attempted to misuse FBI statistics.

. You insinuated that in order to avoid crime all Americans have to do is avoid Black American men. You also insinuated that Americans can recognize likely criminals by race.

Now I will attempt to make this clear to your racist mind, even though you are trying to avoid acknowledging your racist thinking, examine the following arguments:

. The majority of Black American crime is against OTHER Black Americans and are about POVERTY and DRUGS in the Black American (are they really American to various Whites?) community. Black on Black crime DOES NOT AFFECT WHITES.

. Using FBI crime statistics for Blacks is WRONG. Mark if you want to try to prove a racist point than you would have to use INTER-RACIAL crime statistics or Black crime AGAINST Whites MINUS (remember to do this part) White Crime AGAINST Blacks. If a White racist ever decided to do such research than you will find out that the biggest factor in CRIME is POVERTY and lack of jobs as oppose to SKIN COLOR/RACE.

. Even if you took all of the Black American males out of the U.S. The WHITE ON WHITE crime rate would be nearly the SAME. It would decrease by only around 5% .

90% PLUS of WHITE victims of crime are victimized by OTHER WHITES.

. Numerous statistical evidence shows that the 95% level of WHITE lawyers and judges, poverty, and combine this with racist White American views are responsible for the high conviction rates of Black American males. For the SAME or same type of crimes Black Americans males are given GREATER punishments and LONGER prison sentences. Black American males can not afford to PAY LAWYERS to PREVENT them from going to jail or lessen their sentences.

. The higher Black American conviction rates are based on the amount MONEY they have to defend themselves legally.

If you look at the ARREST rates and the level of those ACCUSED of committing crimes than you will find a HUGE number of WHITES who find LOOPHOLES to avoid being convicted.

Brazil, Race, and Crime:

The biggest factor in crime is POVERTY and LACK OF JOBS. Unlike Mark, the commentator called “A Poor Guy” understands what is going on. White racist try to make crime seem like a RACE issue because they are trying to PROTECT White privilege, White institutional “inside” connections, White GREED for gaining UNFAIR access to Jobs, education, etc...

This is the last time I will post on this topic and I may make this a new topic in the future. Feel free to make this a new topic if you want to. People of color and progressive Whites all through out the world are learning the “tricks” of White racist ideology and learning there is only one race… THE HUMAN RACE.

For the original poster:

There is no way for Tad to escape from Brazil’s or the U.S. race/ethnic situation. Putting your head in the ground like an Ostrich will NOT work. Race and ethnic diversity is EVERYWHERE in Brazil. If anything Tad, even you Mark, should fight for HUMAN RIGHTS and FAIR TREATMENT for all people regardless of skin color or ethnic group. Fighting for Human rights will help Tad's children in the future. Being a White racist makes the situation worse and continues “the problem”.

I believe the best solution is for Tad to spend his money in a way that benefits his children. Tad needs to know good locations, good schools, where is good food, etc…

mooseboy84
 Email

11/20/2002
03:00:15

if you were afraid of black people i dont know why you went to brazil in the first place since they have more "negroes" than any other country besides nigeria.

getting back to the ORIGINAL post, i suggest that when ever traveling outside the u.s., you dont drink tap water, and are very selective of where you eat. and always always always wash your hands and carry baby wipes. make sure your ex wife gets some anti bacterial medications safe for toddlers.

Randy

11/20/2002
08:59:59

Africanamericanmale and Soe Jinn...your posts make me laugh...Now I see that anyone can slant the numbers to make it look like their race is "better"!!

It is wrong to use the FBI statistics?? hehehe
Racist lawyers and whites. hehehe

Do you believe there are not racist blacks??? I have seen it first hand here in New Orleans..and I dealt with it by going around the racist black teller to her boss to fix the problem. People of different races have always been racist of different people. I hope you do realize that "whites" are not the only racist groups out there.

Watch a movie to get the facts??? Hhehehehe..yes..Hollywood is where I turn to to get my facts or true history!!!! hehehehehe What a joke!

Tad
 Email

11/20/2002
13:58:01

I have a feeling that this string of messages and replies way
off the subject is exactly what happens at our U.S. Congress.
Someone asks a question or offers an answer, and then the
debate turns to the side issues and runs away from the
content of the original question.

Thank you Mark for bringing your message back to the
original question. Thank you other's who cared to comment
on my original issue (should I let my mother-in law take my 2
young kids to Brazil).

I am not interested in letting my children go to Brazil for the
purpose of fostering ethnic diversity. I will let them make up
their own mind when they are of age to do so.

I think the offered solution to post your racism discussion,
which is very important and we must all work to eliminate
racism in all societies by all persons, on another message
should happen.

Mark
 Email

11/20/2002
15:10:35

I suggested that you investigate this issue with Dateline/60 mintutes did you do this?

It is an interesting subject, how American children get taken from the USA with approval of one parent to visit the country of birth of the other parent and are then legally blocked from returning to the USA by courts and laws. The interesting point to me is that so many other countries justify in court why they are the better country...that the USA is the poorer, based on very selective mainstrean media information.
My experience in Br. is that I have actually seen a family court judge cover her ears and say she wants no more information!
Nor would she look at documents to prove her conception of truth was not true. She simply refused to read the documents proving that the wife was loking the judge in the eye and lying!

Most informed Americans understand that the mainstream media often gets some of the facts wrong and generally is liberal and within the democratic party. This is not news to you as an American.

If you are interested, what you need to do is log on to O Globo, Rio's most respected newspaper and begin to understand what is happening in that country.
The day that UN inspectors enter Iraq O Globo's lead web story is the interruption of Victoria's Secret catwalk because a Br. model (not particularly atractive) Gisele Bunchen got interrupted in her parading bras and panties. Br. is obsessed with sex even more than the USA.
If you are to consider your children going to that country you need to consider the images your children will be exposed to.

Br. is not sophisticated.
Most Br's I have met think Michael Jackeson is wonderful. This is after most American's consider him a freak and a child molester that evaded prosecution.
Now after the latest video confirming him to be a unfit parent how many Br's will catch up to the idea he is a freak?

Keep your children out of Brazil!!!

mooseboy84
 Email

11/20/2002
15:28:10

if that is a real post by mark, i can fully see why you x wife took your children to braisil and i think its the probably the best thing she could have done.

Down to earth
 Email

11/27/2002
10:59:21
Not very impressive

Guys I have seen this argument sooooooooo many times on the Internet, when it’s not about blacks, it’s about Jews, when it’s not about Jews it’s about Arabs. Nowadays all Arabs, specially evil muslims are terrorists and there are people banging their heads against the wall trying find a link between “race” and superiority/inferiority/crime/sex etc… etc…. If that would be the case I could say that Americans are complete nutters since they produce over 74% of the world’s serial killers and that 86% of them are Caucasian men. And what about school shooting? American blacks tend to always commit a crime following a drug, gang fight, robbery reason but when it comes to school shootings, it is the most puzzling thing as there is no stereotype, no history or background apart from the individual being a “white middle class boy”. I mean something is wrong with Americans or what? Who would want to raise their kid amongst guns, Jerry Springer (the laughing stock of the world which Americans seem to love), Micheal Jackson (created by your country!), school shootings, terrorist attacks, a megalomaniac war-crazed president or serial killers? KEEP YOUR CHILDREN OUT OF AMERICA! Shock Horror!! I mean wake up Mark, have some form of personality at the least.

P 1

Back to our cover