China Becomes Brazil’s Third Biggest Trade Partner Behind US and Argentina

The executive secretary at Brazil’s Ministry of Development, Ivan Ramalho, declared that total bilateral Brazil-China trade could reach US$ 10 billion this year.

Ramalho made the revelation while speaking to an audience of financial executives in Rio de Janeiro. He said that would be possible with strong sales by Brazil of soy and iron ore.


China has become Brazil’s third biggest trade partner, now purchasing 5% of all Brazilian exports, which total led US$ 2.709 in the first half.


In first place is the US, with 20% of Brazilian exports, totalling US$ 10.872 billion in the first half. Next comes Argentina with 8.5% of Brazilian exports, totalling US$ 4.549 billion in the first half.


However, Ramalho explains that while Brazilian exports to the US and Argentina rose significantly, compared to last year (23.4% and 38.6%, respectively), Brazilian exports to China have fallen 6.6% in the first half of this year, compared to the same period last year.


Most Brazilian exports to China are basic products (65%). Manufactured and semi-manufactured goods account for the remaining 35%.


Agência Brasil

Tags:

  • Show Comments (0)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

comment *

  • name *

  • email *

  • website *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Ads

You May Also Like

Business Wants Brazil to Renege on Agreement to Pay Paraguay More for Energy

Business groups in Brazil are strongly lobbying members of the Brazilian Congress against a ...

Brazil’s More Doctors Program with Cuban Professionals Is a Success

The close medical supervision of patients not just at the hospital but also at ...

Brazilian Flower Exports Jump 10%. Holland and US Are Main Destination

In the first four months this year, Brazil exported US$ 10.15 million in flowers ...

Our Future Is Now

While the US has no guts to go after the real terrorists, the Saudis, ...

Brazil Backlands Emulate California. Still a Long Way to Go Though.

The choice for irrigated fruit growing has proven to be an excellent option for ...

Lula’s Education Program for Brazil: a Grim Comedy of Errors

In January 2003, when I was Brazil’s Minister of Education, I suggested to President Lula ...

Brazilian Government Sets Rules on How to Prepare National Drink Caipirinha

The Brazilian government has published legal guidelines for the popular caipirinha, the most common ...

Illiteracy Rate in Some Brazilian States Runs from 20 to 30%

A 2004 survey found that Brazil’s illiteracy rate was 11.4%; that is, 11.4% of ...

An American Temptation: US$ 600 Round Trip from Anywhere in the US to Brazil

US company American Airlines announced that it is offering a round-trip ticket to Brazil ...