Catering to the demand from consumers who struggle with water scarcity, as well as those concerned with the future of our planet, Brazil's bathroom ceramics manufacturer Hervy, headquartered in the city of Taubaté, in the interior of the state of São Paulo has developed more economic models which, minimize waste and lower water bills.
According to the commercial director at Hervy, Regis de Araújo, until a few years ago, water pumps for toilet flushing used up 18 liters. The volume was gradually reduced until it reached an average of six liters. To cater to the global demand for increasingly economic products, Hervy invested in technology and launched two models with 4.5-liter and 4.8-liter siphons, in the Nina and Twister lines.
Now, the new model by the company is the Silent line, which spends 2.5 liters per regular flush, and only 1.5 liter on the reduced flush option. "This saves a significant volume of water, which becomes clear when the time comes to pay the water bill, as 25% of household water consumption comes from the toilet bowl," explains Araújo.
According to him, the Silent line is the most recent worldwide launch by Hervy, which has just closed a deal for supplying 20,000 units per month to the United States market. Hervy's products are certified by the International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO), one of the strictest certifications in the market.
Exports, which began in 1975, currently answer to 10% of revenues posted by the company, which sells to South America, Central America, the Caribbean, Africa, the United States and the Middle East.
Arab nations have been in the list of importer countries since 1978. Presently, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and Lebanon are among Hervy's leading foreign clients.
The main items purchased by Arab importers are bowls with tanks, sinks and columns. To ensure the partnership, the company invests in participation in construction sector trade fairs, such as the Big 5 Show, held annually in Dubai, in the United Arab Emirates.
Hervy Group's 124 years of history are intertwined with the roots of the national industry. The company was established in 1884 by Italian builder Antonio Agu, who turned a simple brick furnace into the Cerâmica Industrial de Osasco factory complex.
In 1912, the first bathroom ceramics were sold in the Brazilian market under the Hervy brand, originated from the company's Commercial Director Hermann Levy. Incorporation of technological innovations into the product line and manufacturing processes is a trademark of the company's history.
During the 1990, Hervy Group diversified its activities by investing US$ 25 million in one of the world's most modern factories – Cerâmica Industrial de Taubaté, installed in an area of 250,000 square meters with a built area of 35,000 square meters.
Modern equipment installed in the unit includes mechanized casting rigs. This type of equipment allows for simultaneous casting of up to 700 pieces per cycle, ensuring quality and agility to the manufacturing process.
The pieces are baked in state-of-the-art ovens with technology among the latest in the industry. The premises house three Drayton ovens, made in Britain, one being a continuous baking oven, for 135,000 pieces in storage. The remaining two are intermittent ovens, for 65,000 pieces in storage.
Telephone: (+55 11) 3888.4708