Brazil’s Petrobras Buys Ipiranga Group for US$ 4 Billion

Ipiranga gas station in Brazil Government-controlled Brazilian oil giant Petrobras, Ultra group, in the gas, chemical and transport sector, and petrochemical company Braskem signed an agreement to acquire the businesses of Ipiranga group.

The value of the operation will be US$ 4 billion. Ipiranga operates in the oil refining, petrochemical and fuel distribution sectors.

Last year Ipiranga had net revenues of 30 billion reais (US$ 14.40 billion), with earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation, and amortization (EBITDA) of 1 billion reais (US$ 480 million) and net profit of 534 million reais (US$ 256 million).

"In line with its strategic planning, Petrobras is strengthening its presence on the national petrochemical sector, consolidating its distribution networks, mainly in the North, Northeast and Midwest, and expanding its presence in the various sectors in which it operates," stated Petrobras president José Sérgio Gabrielli de Azevedo.

Ultra will have the Ipiranga fuel distribution network in the South and Southeast of the country, and will continue running it under the Ipiranga brand. Petrobras will take over the Ipiranga distribution network in the North, Northeast and Midwest, and will have up to five years to use the Ipiranga brand, after which it will have to be replaced for the Petrobras Distribuidora brand.

Braskem will manage 60% of the assets of Ipiranga Group in the petrochemical sector. Petrobras will keep the other 40% of the Ipiranga group petrochemical activities.

The Ipiranga Refinery, in the southernmost Brazilian state of Rio Grande do Sul, will be equally controlled by Petrobras, Ultra Group and Braskem, who agree to proceed with the activities. The details of the agreement are included in a statement sent this morning to the Securities and Exchange Commission of Brazil (CVM).

Anba

Tags:

You May Also Like

After Three Months of Decline Search for Credit Rises 5.2% in Brazil

Brazilian companies search for credit has grown 5.2% in the month of April over ...

Brazilian Vice President in New York for Cancer Surgery

Brazilian vice president, José Alencar, 75, is in New York where he is scheduled ...

Brazil Revamps Family Farming Program

The Incentive Program for Cooperativism in Family Farming and Solidary Economy (Coopersol) was launched ...

In New York, Brazil’s Lula Talks About World Hunger and Poverty

Today and tomorrow, Brazilian President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva will be in New ...

Turn In Your Weapons in the Name of God!

People going to Brazilian churches these days have the opportunity not only to free ...

IMF: Brazil and Latin America’s Outlook and Challenges

Global growth reached a three decade high in 2004. Growth is projected to slow ...

Antônia Joyce Venâncio and her dolls

All But White: Brazil’s Treasure-Trove of Black, Oriental, Handicapped Dolls

Businesswoman Antônia Joyce Venâncio has been having success since she bet on a market ...

After Amazon Gang Arrest, Brazil Expects Reduction in Deforestation

Brazil’s Minister of Environment, Marina Silva, said she expects a reduction in the deforestation ...

Brazil’s Petrobras Reaches Average 1.8 Million Barrels a Day. A Record

Petrobras, Brazil's state-controlled oil multinational, announced on Thursday, July 3, that it achieved a ...

WordPress database error: [Table './brazzil3_live/wp_wfHits' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed]
SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `wp_wfHits`