Brazil Gets Best Level of Jobs and Production in Three Years

A Brazilian worker Production and employment in Brazilian industry reached, in the third quarter of 2007, the greatest levels in three years. The elevation in production index reached 58.2 points in the third quarter of 2007, greater than the 56.2 points registered in the second quarter and the 53.9 points in the same period in 2006.

This information was disclosed in the Industrial Analysis, released this Tuesday (October 30) by Brazil's National Confederation of Industries (CNI).

"The Industrial Analysis for the third quarter of 2007 strengthens the signs of economic expansion noticed in the second quarter of this year," according to the text. CNI technicians also pointed out that the growth of activity was identified throughout industries of all sizes and most industrial sectors.

As shown in the study, in large companies the indicators of expansion in production reached 61.2 points. In medium-sized companies, the figure was 56.8 points and, in small companies, 55.7 points. The sectors that led expansion in production were other transport equipment, automotive vehicles and basic metallurgy.

The growth in production increased job offers. The index of evolution in the number of employees rose from 52.6 points in the quarter to 53.8 points in the third quarter. Expansion of job offer was greater in medium and large companies.

The indicator of evolution in number of employees was 53.8 points in medium and 54.9 points in large companies. In small companies, the level was 52.3 points. The sectors that opened the greatest number of positions were vehicles, other equipment and basic metallurgy.

The Industrial Analysis also shows that the use of the industrial capacity has grown two percentage points when compared to the second quarter, reaching 77%.

"Small and medium companies were the ones that stood out most in this respect, as use of their installed industrial capacity grew on average three percentage points," according to the CNI study.

In medium companies, the indicator was 77% and in small ones, 71%. In large organizations, the indicator rose just one percentage point, reaching 81% in the third quarter.

The CNI research took place between September 27th and October 18th and included 1,502 companies in 22 states, of which 810 are small, 466 medium and 226 large. The indicators in the study range from zero to 100. Figures above 50 show positive evolution or expectations. When below 50, perspectives are negative.

Volkswagen Investment

Volkswagen Brazil will invest 3.2 billion Brazilian reais (US$ 1.8 million) in production of new vehicles and process improvement from 2007 to 2011. That total represents a 28% increase over the amount originally announced in October last year, which was 2.5 billion reais (US$ 1.4 billion).

The announcement was made Monday (October 29) by the president at Volkswagen Brazil, Thomas Schmall.

According to a press release issued by the company, 80% of the amount will be invested by the Brazilian subsidiary itself, whereas the remaining 20% will come from the Volkswagen Group headquarters, in Germany.

CNI

Tags:

You May Also Like

Aquila’s Spell

To believe in the mathematic that drew them apart, she working the whole day, ...

Thanks to Russia and the US Brazilian Beef Exports Grow 18%

Brazil exported a total of US$ 3.3 billion in beef from January to September ...

A Look at Brazil as Viewed by the US State Department

The US State Department has just distributed a press release entitled "Background Note: Brazil" ...

In Brazil, Bible Beats Darwin by a Landslide

The theory that humans have evolved over millions of years independent of any ‘divine’ ...

Something Wrong with Brazil’s Interest Rates

Interest rates are currently on the rise in Brazil. Earlier this week the Central ...

Carlos Eduardo Cabral accused of killing Brazilian real estate agent Célia Carvalho

Brazilian Seduces Via Net and Kills. Then Is Caught in Net Sting

Brazilian real estate agent Célia Maria de Carvalho Damasceno, 43, started a passionate romance ...

After Decades of Neglect Brazil Starts Studies for 150 New Technical Schools

More than 150 technical schools will start being implemented in Brazil, starting January 2008. ...

Industry Gets Lion Share of Brazil’s Development Bank

The Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES) spent US$ 3.7 billion in loans in the first ...

How Low Will Brazil’s Lula Go to Please Washington?

Since the February 29 ouster of democratically-elected Haitian President Jean-Bertrand Aristide, the UN has ...

Brazil Spreads Wings With New Arab Embassy

Brazil’s Minister of Foreign Relations, Celso Amorim, announced February 22, during his visit to ...

WordPress database error: [Table './brazzil3_live/wp_wfHits' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed]
SHOW FULL COLUMNS FROM `wp_wfHits`