Brazil's Main Samba Schools Celebrate World's Biggest Carnaval Party

Lula and Rio's governor President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva of Brazil, dressed in white and wearing a Panama hat, became on Sunday the country's first president in the last 15 years to attend one of the samba-school parades at the Carnaval of Rio de Janeiro, the main event of the festival.

The head of state who attended the parades that began Sunday night at the Sambadrome was supposed to return to Brazilian capital Brasilia before dawn this Monday.

No Brazilian president has attended this event since 1994, when Itamar Franco watched the parades in the Sambadrome on a night that provoked a certain amount of criticism.

The reason was that he was photographed in the box for distinguished visitors accompanied by model Lilian Ramos, who wore no underwear at the time being dressed only in a scanty T-shirt and won notoriety for baring her all beside the head of state.

The parade of the samba schools of the Special Group of Rio de Janeiro is considered the main event of the Rio Carnaval and one of the greatest outdoor displays of artistry in the world.

The 12 participating groups vying to be crowned champion this year will be on parade Sunday and Monday nights.

The schools, each with an average of 5,000 people, interpret their various themes with breathtaking displays of music, dance, lights and color that continue until dawn on the Tuesday before Ash Wednesday.

Each school presents a freely chosen theme that it then stages in the Sambadrome with music, floats, costumes and dancers.

Mercopress

Comments   

0 #55 Double-Dot 2009-03-02 12:18
Quote:
Than you take him/her to the Gobi desert
If it is "she", I might have different and delightful "plans" for her. I am sure SS II will let me use my "command judgment". :D ;-) ;-)
0 #54 What about the SSII having a "go" first?Augustus 2009-03-01 16:17
The agents should question him.... coercively ;-)
Than you take him/her to the Gobi desert 8)
0 #53 AugustusDouble-Dot 2009-03-01 13:08
Great Comments. You know how to read coded messages. ;-) Must have been trained by the Chinese ;-)

The next time somebody steals my ID, he is going to be buried in the Gobi desert up to his neck and the horses stampeding on his brainless head.

Do I make it clear? ;-) :D ;-)
0 #52 First Westnern Translation in 1792 - into FrenchAugustus 2009-03-01 11:45
Translation of the Chinese book was conducted at the place and during the time of Western Civilization's DARKES MOMENT...
Intriguing...
0 #51 the use of spies...Augustus 2009-03-01 11:42
That was precisely one my original points...
0 #50 The Art of War by Sūn Zǐ Bīng Fǎ – China, 6 century B.CAugustus 2009-03-01 11:40
It consists of a Chinese military treatise, composed of 13 chapters, each of which is devoted to one aspect of warfare, it has long been praised as the definitive work on military strategies and tactics of its time.
Interesting… I wonder how a copy was located in the rural areas of the south and accessed by those who hate foreigners with so much intensity…

Quote:
Chapter summary
1. Laying Plans explores the five key elements that define competitive position (mission, climate, ground, leadership, and methods) and how to evaluate your competitive strengths against your competition.
2. Waging War explains how to understand the economic nature of competition and how success requires making the winning play, which in turn, requires limiting the cost of competition and conflict.
3. Attack by Stratagem defines the source of strength as unity, not size, and the five ingredients that you need to succeed in any competitive situation.
4. Tactical Dispositions explains the importance of defending existing positions until you can advance them and how you must recognize opportunities, not try to create them.
5. Energy explains the use of creativity and timing in building your competitive momentum.
6. Weak Points & Strong explains how your opportunities come from the openings in the environment caused by the relative weakness of your competitors in a given area.
7. Maneuvering explains the dangers of direct conflict and how to win those confrontations when they are forced upon you.
8. Variation in Tactics focuses on the need for flexibility in your responses. It explains how to respond to shifting circumstances successfully.
9. The Army on the March describes the different situations in which you find yourselves as you move into new competitive arenas and how to respond to them. Much of it focuses on evaluating the intentions of others.
10. Terrain looks at the three general areas of resistance (distance, dangers, and barriers) and the six types of ground positions that arise from them. Each of these six field positions offer certain advantages and disadvantages.
11. The Nine Situations describe nine common situations (or stages) in a competitive campaign, from scattering to deadly, and the specific focus you need to successfully navigate each of them.
12. The Attack by Fire explains the use of weapons generally and the use of the environment as a weapon specifically. It examines the five targets for attack, the five types of environmental attack, and the appropriate responses to such attack.
13. The Use of Spies focuses on the importance of developing good information sources, specifically the five types of sources and how to manage them.
0 #49 Double-Dot... 2009-02-27 16:26
You know how women are from Venus and men from Mars…

Well, you are from Uranus!

God Mess Amerika,

Costinha

Hehehe
0 #48 Double-Dot 2009-02-27 14:49
Quote:
I rest my case.
No, you don´t. When you have time, buy the book "The Art of War" and read.

Sincerely yours

The real and only Double-Dot ;-) :D ;-) :-)
0 #47 AndersonAugustus 2009-02-26 07:02
You are correct. I fear some people abide by the motto of "White Supremacy" - at least that's the logo of the KKK (especially its radical branch). According the recent reports, they feel particularly threatened by an African American president and the growing Latin American population in the USA... Since the person involved equates Brazilians to Monkeys... the analogy is clear
Quote:
written by Double-Dot, February 25, 2009

You are totally missing the point here! Im not against nor Im in favor of your president's actions.. However, I believe what he is doing here it's totally right..

I know your brain is not advanced enough to understand anyone's point here, but let me put it this way:

What this president is doing is giving bananas to the monkeys... So he seems to be very smart, give to the people what they want and make them all quiet and happy.. That's how one can govern Brazil..

However, one big monkey wasn't happy at all because he feels he is superior breed and came here to America
ON TOP OF THAT, IT WAS ALSO STATED (against the French - who are Latin Europeans)

Quote:
written by Double-Dot, February 25, 2009

Shut the f**k up, you Frog.

Im certainly 100% european, both parents and grandparents are european and so on!
Big deal.
The Frogs cant even make a decent airplane and have to seek the help of the f**king Brits and the Krauts. All you are capable of doing is to drink your wine that tastes like horse pee, when the Krauts are invading your worthless land and cry over the shoulders of the Brits who in turn have to come rushing to us to save the asses of you both.

Then you have to elect that f**k Sarko who is a big bullshitter and a philanderer to lead your country. I still wonder why that f**k Hitler didn't carpet bomb Paris. Brown is correct. You asses were saved in WW I,WW II and Indo-China by US.

Then you come and correct Brown´s English. Typical of Gallic arrogance
I rest my case.

Vieleicht sollte er nach Berlin umziehen, aber in 1933...
0 #46 God Bless BrazilAnderson 2009-02-26 04:02
DUDES AND DUDDETS

is this blog not about Brazil and its national and international events???

As much as I like North Americans, Europeans and everybody else, why are we talking about being citizens of America???
Who cares about America? I have lived in America and i defend the American way of living, but Brazil is the topic.

If you want to talk about America go to weedforall.blog.com or is it not true that they want to legalize it? they cant live without it.

Being upper class or not, Brazilians deserve respect, and it is horrible that a person who is not 100% American wants all Brazilians to leave the US. You are an AiiSS, so perhaps youre Irish? who would prove that your 100% American? Are you an indian, i know not, because most indians are dead, rs... Were your acients ridiculed when arrived in the US? NO? then why do you defend a country fro which you arent native to?

:sad:

Add comment

Security code
Refresh

Who's Online

We have 6923 guests and no members online

Statistics

Users
Articles
Articles View Hits

----------

cheap cocktail dresses

----------

Brazilian Male Enhancement Review at Breastsenlargementreview.com

----------

Brazilian Breasts Enlargement Cream

----------

Brazilian Top Breast Enlargement Reviews

----------

Brazilian Male Enhancement Pills at Breastsenlargementguide.com

----------

bruidsmeisjes jurken

----------

vestidos de noche

----------

ballkleider

----------

Cheap Prom Dresses

----------

Churrasco Equipment and Brazilian Meat Skewers

----------

Vestidos Noiva em Weddingmart.pt

----------

Australia Fashion Online Outlet store

----------

Robe de cocktail

----------

Our good partner Everbuying.com provides wide selections of products at best price for worldwide free shipping.

----------

Cheap Dre Beats

----------

Buy Cheap Nike Mercurial Soccer Cleats from MercurialCity now!

----------

Shopping Reviews

----------

----------

robe de cocktail

----------

Cheap Wedding Dresses

----------

bruidsjurken

----------

Find Me Handbags

----------